• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forsaken [OOC][Always Accepting!]

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club
tumblr_inline_ndgc0ccRVq1szaa83.gif

Forsaken
IC || OOC || CS
Mutants have existed within the city of Friction for almost a hundred years. They have been forgotten long since their numbers disappeared to nearly zero. And this happened almost overnight about seventy years ago; those with supernatural abilities simply upped and disappeared over a matter of days.

But everything changed when these mutants resurfaced twenty years ago. Mutants started popping up one by one, and then more and more started exponentially revealing themselves to the public. Stranger abilities were possessed by these new breed of mutants, these...forgotten individuals.

Time passed on and the government labeled these mutants as "Forsaken." Human, but not quite human, so they're mutants. They've been forgotten in time, but they've returned from the dead, or so it seems. And what are they here to do? These mutants have lived ordinary lives just like regular humans, yet their physical abilities have given them an edge in day to day combat with each other.

The government portrayed these destructive fights in a negative light and decided that something had to end. But how to control mutants? With more mutants. The government formed a group known as SQUAD, comprised of Forsaken individuals that were compliant enough to work in a military environment.

Despite the creation of SQUAD, the mutants still did what they were doing before. They formed their own groups. One was a community of Forsaken that called themselves heroes; a group dedicated to fighting crime the natural way, without police intervention. Quick and instantaneous justice.

And then, with every story there's those who are in it for themselves. Villains. They do nothing but cause destruction and chaos for their own twisted reasons. Sometimes these motives are unknown and too hard to see in the eyes of a commoner.

So...what's going to happen?

Rules
1) I have the final say in all situations. This is only to keep the peace.
2) PLEASE be civil in the OOC! Your character can be a jerk, but I sure as hell hope that you aren't one!
3) These rules aren't set in stone. There will be exceptions and there will be things handled in a case-by-case basis.
4) Please do not god-mode, power-play, or meta-game. These are standard terms that I expect you to know if you are coming in this RP. If you don't, then just ask.
5) No power is absolute.
6) I may bend the rules if I see fit if you're causing a disruption. This is, again, only to keep the peace.

Last edited:
Why is the full storyline and such in the OOC? I'm not asking for you to take it down but rather a question.

Because normally when someone wants to join an RP they'll try to find as much information as they can. I dislike having lore pages so the storyline is going to be in the OOC.

D duegxybus Question, with characters being mutants and such, how unique can these mutations be? Would they only be in the sense of X-Men type things such as the professors mind reading, magneto's metal manipulation or even beats... beast form? Or would it be more along of the lines of whatever we can come up with so long as you give the okay for it???

D duegxybus Question, with characters being mutants and such, how unique can these mutations be? Would they only be in the sense of X-Men type things such as the professors mind reading, magneto's metal manipulation or even beats... beast form? Or would it be more along of the lines of whatever we can come up with so long as you give the okay for it???

I'd prefer an x-men sort of level of power but it can really be anything as long as I can see a viable explanation for it being a mutant power and not, well..."magic." So, pyrokinesis is okay but if someone has to draw a rune on the ground and kick it for a fireball to spring forth from the ground, I'll probably question that.

I'd prefer an x-men sort of level of power but it can really be anything as long as I can see a viable explanation for it being a mutant power and not, well..."magic." So, pyrokinesis is okay but if someone has to draw a rune on the ground and kick it for a fireball to spring forth from the ground, I'll probably question that.
Well, time for me to go into super detail in order for my idea to work then XD Good to know that way I can figure this out accordingly

depending on how well my ideas flow I may have my first of two CS up by midnight, otherwise, expect both tomorrow sometime in the evening.

I'll try to come up with a backstory to finish off my character later tonight, my internet has decided to kill itself now that everyone is home.

More like our internet provider failed horribly at their job and are too stupid to fix it without breaking it more
Ah i see.
Quote shao Khan at them and ask
"Is that your best?"
And when they respond hit em with a
"You suck!!!"
Flawless victory bruh

Would it be alright if I took a stab at this?
I was browsing through RPs until I came across this one, and it peaked my interest. Although I am very new to these forums, I've had a little RP experience before.
Anyway, have any room for a newbie like me?

Would it be alright if I took a stab at this?
I was browsing through RPs until I came across this one, and it peaked my interest. Although I am very new to these forums, I've had a little RP experience before.
Anyway, have any room for a newbie like me?

As long as you're willing to keep to the standards and give more than a few lines, we accept you with open arms. Welcome aboard.

The format is actually not conforming to the CS format I have displayed above. There are a few categories missing such as quirks/habits and fears/phobias. But I reviewed the CS regardless.

However, I do have a few concerns with blocking bullets with claws. They can be strong enough to block bullets, but remember that this character might not be FAST enough to block bullets. Blocking bullets requires really, REALLY fast reflexes (which is not compatible with someone who has pyrokinesis as their main power) so just keep this in mind when RPing. I'm not saying every bullet will hit however. Guns are tools that require high precision to use, it's just that there is a chance factor in there.

I'm well aware of what hasn't been completed yet, as I said earlier in the day my internet decided to have issues, so it's not complete quite yet. As for the claws being able to block bullets, I'm well aware of that fact as it crossed my mind while I was typing it up. I assure you I will not be taking advantage of this or making my character difficult to hit. After all she's mentally unstable and easily taunted off guard.

Alright, I believe I have finished everything now, if I'm still missing something, it'll have to wait till tomorrow so that I can respond to my other rps as well as start up my own that just received enough interest.

Is it alright if I joined? This peaked my interests a lot more than most. I am new, but I would love it if you would have me \(°·°)/

Alrighty so, is there a defined real place that the majority of the rp will take place in or what?

Oh it must have slipped my mind while I was thinking up my character, mainly laws and such my character will either be abiding by or not x3 concealed carry, self defense means and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back