• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Forsaken Lands: An Early Colonial RP [OPEN]

Solar Daddy

Synthetic Nightmare
Supporter
Far across the Atlantic ocean rests Ryeland, fraught with peril, malice and treachery. A realm devoid of civilization; many had attempted to bring law to the Land of Heathens, but none have found success. Through it all, a handful of communities have staked their claim on fields ripe with opportunity. Life is grim across the Earth, but only in Ryeland is there a possibility of discovering a newfound freedom. London finds itself wrought with misfortune and famine. Many would happily give up this measly life at any opportunity, even if death was near assured as the cost of failure. Only the most determined sail here, under the false hope of a new life, away from the watchful eyes of royalty.

There are no kings here. Only the feeble walls of settlements keep out the terrors of the Night.

1675395793405.png

Forsaken Lands is a group RP set in the mysterious, ill-omened realm of Ryeland, against the backdrop of early American colonialism. Here, in a new settlement called Prosperity, our cast finds themselves braving the many dangers and challenges faced by such an effort. This RP will be mostly grounded in the real world, with witchcraft and folklore weaved in. It will be segmented by chapters, such as the first for example, which will be set during the voyage to cross the sea for our cast to start their new lives in Ryeland. Lastly, I'd like to mention that this RP will end up being more slice-of-life than a typical story-driven one, so expect socialization with fellow role-players to be a staple. I'll be posting a character sheet thread soon, where I will be selecting players based off of the quality of their characters. Lore soon to come.

The Lands beckon you, foolhardy opportunist; peril surely awaits.

Dear GM Solar Daddy Solar Daddy ,

I have two questions, hoping you could clear up for me.
1. Parallel History: I understand the focus is directed towards interactions of the players within Ryeland. Though I wonder if historical events that revolves around the colonization of the New World will consequentially affect Ryeland as a whole? Or is it simply secluded for narrative's sake?
2. Exploration: This is probably the first thing to come to mind regarding Ryeland somewhere down the line, so is there a specific mechanic you will be implementing for players that would like to explore the land? Or is it free-rein?

Nevertheless, color me intrigued.

Regards,
Prim.

Also hi, Viper. Long time no see! How are ya? <3

Pizza Yes GIF

I am here for this.

1. There will be plenty cause and effect throughout the roleplay both within and beyond the borders of Ryeland. The most notable events that will be traceable for the players will be the new settlements that will spring up over time, while other existing settlements will find themselves in ruin sooner or later. The broader world also has a stake in Ryeland; While this expedition is British, there's no telling when Spanish or French ships will arrive, or what trouble they may bring. Likewise, native tribes will not sit idle while Prosperity and its fellow European settlements crave more dominion. The success of these settlements weighs heavy on their parent kingdoms and empires, so to say the world will be ever evolving - even if slowly from the perspective of the players - is an understatement.

2. For the most part, it's free-rein. I have a loose narritive to follow that will cause different opportunities or problems to arise. Characters can leave the safety of the settlement's safety all they like, but their gains may be fleeting. Exploration in Ryeland, even for experienced travellers and survivalists, is not an easy task. Nevertheless, there will absolutely be dedicated times for characters to explore the region of Ryeland.

I hope that answered your questions Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 !
The CS page will be going up soon!

CS thread is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back