• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Akar Mercurius Akar wasn't surprised she hadn't met a Dark Elf before, regardless of her lack of travel. It wasn't often that they felt the need to leave their own territory, let alone interact with anyone but their own kind... unless it was for business. In fact most people who knew of the Dark Elf species were afraid of them. They were an aggressive, deceitful, and cruel species; often studying that of dark/black magic. "I can't say I'm entirely surprised that you haven't met many of my kind. We tend to keep to ourselves and are really only sought out by people who require our talents; otherwise they generally choose to avoid us, with good reason." He explained simply as if it were a normal and in no way foreboding thing.

Watching her gesture toward her companion, Akar's curiosity got the better of him. "If you don't mind my asking, what is the relationship between the two of you? Your dynamic is rather... interesting." He stated, eyes drifting to the back of the black cloaked woman behind her. They reminded him of siblings in a way, but they looked differently enough that it wasn't likely the case. He couldn't understand why they might choose to travel and work together if they truly disliked each other so much.

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou | Mentioned: N/A

Cyndoka (Woman In White)
Interactions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Akar Mercurius
Mentions: Jhin Jhin Zael Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Olivier de Lyonesse
1619493183766.png Cyndoka snapped out of their glare when she heard Akar speak to her once again, learning a bit more about dark elves seemed to fascinate her quite a bit. If they were such isolationist then the guild must of been very lucky to have gotten two dark elves in it, which seemed pretty neat. When he asked about her relationship with Rinaque though, she mused on the question for a moment before responding. "We are childhood friends i guess, well i wouldn't really say friends but we have been with each other throughout most of our childhood, our parents were pretty insistent on us being together, even though we were almost ready to kill each other at some points. But eh, it doesn't matter too much, i atleast trust her enough to not stab me in the back." The last part was a bit true, she did trust Rinaque to not stab her in the back, more so the front, just as she would prefer. "To be completely honest the emblems at the top of our hoods represent our family linage, it's quite well known back home. Our families have had a history of fighting with each other, but as of now our families have gotten quite along with each other." As she said that last part she couldn't help but hear some yelling from behind her, she turned to see it was it was a well dressed human man who seemed to be angry about something. She debated on intervening for a moment, they wind around her picking up a bit as she was in thought but she soon decided that she wouldn't unless things actually started escalating to violence, with that decision made the wind around her died down as she began to relax and turn back to the Dark Elf she met. "Anyways I was wondering just how many different species have you met in your life? well excluding humans of course, they are way too common."

Gul looked over toward the three that seemed to be having a heated argument. He studyed the three before deciding that he'd stay out of it for two reasons mainly, one he didn't really know these people and he wasn't one to take risks for people he just meet and two he kinda wanted to see what they could do. Yes, well I'd have to agree. Now you said something about getting another set of clothes for combat, right?" He asked with a sigh of resignation. "I sadly have to agree but this is where we run in to a problem, my looks. Most people are really uncomfortable around me usually, I'm just too handsome." He chuckled at his own joke before reaching into his suit and pulling out a flask and took a swig. The dark green liquid turnd to smoke in his mouth before seemingly sinking into his bones. He let out a satisfied sigh before returning the flask. "Jokes aside, the only I'm gonna get new duds is if eith someone here's a tailor or one of you try to tell them I'm not some demon come to eat there souls. Preposterous notion, i'm on a diet. Gotta watch my figure."
Noct Noct

Akar Mercurius "Interesting..." Akar responded thoughtfully. He couldn't help but find her explanation interesting. In a sense it reminded him of his own predicament... two families at odds with each other... only in his case there would be no reconciling or friendship between the families. It simply wasn't the way things were done in their society. In a way, they would do what was needed to be done in order to be the best of the best; and in a weird twisted sense, it was necessary and for the best interest of their kind. Though he supposed most politics were like this... the only difference being that Dark Elves, himself included, lacked any remorse for what ever they would do to get to the top. Once again this brought his mind back to Scarlet, part of the reason he was here. He felt no sympathy or remorse for the woman, despite what his family had done. It was a necessary, means to an end.

Before he could dive too deeply into his thoughts The Woman in White spoke again: "'... just how many different species have you met in your life? '" Akar contemplated her question. How many different species and creatures had he met? He had met quite a few, of that he was sure, but he had never thought to keep track of it. The majority of who he met were usually of high political standing, due to his own family's high stature, and clients that sought out his family's various... talents. However, those that came in search of them were usually broken and lost souls, desperate for a solution only dark magic could provide... it left little room for proper socialization. Eventually, Akar settled on a simple answer, "It's hard to say really... I guess I never considered the importance of what I met, as much as I had the importance of why I was meeting them." He finally stated. Akar's main focus in life was his duty to his family, and all that being a Mercurius entailed... to him friends and anything else was of little to no importance. Which made it hard for him to understand why he now suddenly felt a growing curiosity about the people around him... Eventually he decided to write this off as having to do with the fact that he would now be living with these strangers for a prolonged period of time, and they were far from what he was accustomed to.

As his attention shifted once more to those gathered in the room around him, his gaze eventually landed on what looked to be a fight unfolding. Examining those involved, Akar couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Of all the people to have angered they chose the pretty boy, and not just any pretty boy but one that was obviously a descendant of nobility. Akar had never known anyone else in the world to carry themselves in a such a stuffy manner, than those who spent their life in court; in fact Akar himself was of a slightly similar upbringing.

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou | Mentioned: Jhin Jhin Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Last edited:

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

Lilira couldn't help but laugh at Luce's interpretation of his brother. She never had any siblings which was probably a good thing, but she had cousins which was probably the closest she would get to it. Still it was funny and kind of cute to watch them go. She looked at Luce and nodded "Oh, yes I have the board, it actually came before the initial repairs were done, it's right there on the wall by the front door, opposite the bathrooms," Lilira said in response to his question about the quest board.

She supposed since she was done cooking and serving up all the food to the tables, she herself could eat something. The golden-eyed half-elf decided to stand by the table eating some hummus toast as she continued her conversation. "I don't want to rush anyone into anything just yet but I suppose we should take a look at the board to see what kind of jobs are available, it might take time to get used to the city although as I am to understand it no all jobs pay in coll, but the ones that pay the most coll tend to be fairly difficul-" and that's when she heard it, what sounded like a crack and then a very angry and hostile Oliver followed by the summoning of weapons from himself and Luce.

She walked over to see what was going on, as things had seemed to have escalated very quickly "What's going on here? Why does everyone have their weapons out? I'm sure we can work this out if we all just calm down," Lilira said trying to keep things from getting worse.

"It's nothing, just a little prank, gone wrong," Khione said "Zael, showed us a trick, I assumed Oliver was going to respond in kind...then a food bomb went off...nothing too major," Khione said, not really seeming to care.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Jhin Jhin Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
"No no," Luce interjected, his voice whole again. Still, he kept his Summon Swords fixed on Oliver. "That won't do, lass." He said to Khione.

It was no Mother Gem, but a Yuuki-Onna tear is far more important than some bargaining chip or an admission fee equivalent to five fucking Coll. He fished through his pockets pulling two coins five Coll each.

"Use this, I wouldn't trust anyone with that," He offered Khione advice, pushing one of the coins into the outstretched hand she was offering her tear with. "They don't know how important it is." He said, closing her hand around the coin and the tear.

He turned to Oliver, looking him up and down with a judgmental look.

"I'd heard the Lyonesse had fallen from grace, but I had refused to believe it. I'd seen your family in the courts, I was impressed. Now I see they actually meant you," He said with venom. He flipped the other coin to him. "Now, you play nice, okay lad?" Now, this is where he would've dissipated his Summon Swords, but he needed to know what kind of people he was working with. In the face of adversity, how was his guildmate to react?

Phos couldn't help but sigh at the display, he wasn't getting involved with this shit. Instead he moved to the quest board. That ten Coll Luce just spent on those two actually put a massive dent in their shared wallet. Wish I had a say in the dumb shit he spends his money on. Though, the Yuuki-Onna probably needed it. Luce told him stories of his exploits, and he seemed particularly fond of his encounters with the Yuuki-Onna. That was besides the point, the point was to get some fucking money now because boy are the Flynn's kinda broke right now.

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Jhin Jhin

Last edited:

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

Lilira stood by to make sure that no one harmed one another. It was a bit of a shame, things were going so well and then a fight had to go and break out. She supposed she shouldn't be entirely surprised, there was a host of different kinds of people, from different places, cultures and walks of life there were bound to be bumping heads at some point especially as they all barely knew one another.

But if they were going to be a guild they would have to work together, she would have to think of some team building exercises or group activity to encourage bonding or last the very least cooperation.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Jhin Jhin Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

The bacon situation that Zael unintentionally had ignited hastily reeled out of his hands. His palms started to feel clammy and his heart rate accelerated. The sheer volume of anger being directed at his person made his eyes widen with shock. He pushed himself backward, nearly tumbling over his chair. He feared that Oliver's sword would be turned on him before he was even given a chance to apologize. Two of Zael's hands gripped the seat and held the piece of furniture close to his chest, it would make for a good shield-- with Zael's talents he could even fashion it into a weapon should the need arise. "I'm sorry Oli, I just wanted to give my new guild-mates a good showing! I'll waive the fee if you would just calm down..." The scope of the blond's anger made the caress of guilt plague his chest. Without pause, another guildmate had intervened in the situation with strange magic. Amber eyes traced the iridescent swords that now had circled the source of his worry. With an unknown guild member at his defense, he felt secure enough to lower the seat-- but only an inch. The stranger came across to Zael as if they were a very angry encyclopedia; he began to doubt how successful the man would be at diffusing the situation... though he held his tongue.

The heated moment dissipated as quickly as it came. Zael held his breath for the entirety of it. The transmutationist did not want to provoke Oliver any more than he had already done. With much of the tension gone, Zael saw fit to exhale his held breath through thinly parted lips. Gently, Zael released the chair onto the floor and slowly pushed it back into place. Before he could collect himself fully, the blue-haired woman was already offering yet another gleaming object. With so many treasures afoot, it was easy to see that Zael made a good decision in joining the guild. Before he could claim his bounty, the aforementioned encyclopedia-man destroyed all hopes he held of claiming it. A throaty and barely audible growl reverberated from his neck at the cruel sight. It was the second time in such a short period that a valuable item eluded him. If these two continued to offer up such enigmatic treasures, he would stick to them like glue.

"I dunno what a Lie-o-niece is, but that's no way to talk to Oliver. What happened was entirely on me. He was nice enough to offer up what could easily pass for a family heirloom before I screwed up!" Oliver had a charitable side to him when he was not so distraught, or at least that was the impression Zael held. Perhaps this situation was still salvageable... With his index finger, Zael pointed in the direction of the quest board. "Oli, Kai, why don't the three of us go on a job together? If we do well, maybe I can snag one of those trinkets? No coll nessassary!" The cadence of his voice was both expectant, and hopeful.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001
Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Olivier de Lyonesse
KaM2LoG.png
Olivier’s Adam’s apple bobbed up and down, coming perilously close to the tip of one of the magic swords which has materialized around his person. At once, his anger had dissipated, replaced with a cool and calculating mind. Zael had not conjured these. His eyes flicked to a more likely candidate, and he was gratified when the man started to speak. All the while Olivier observed him carefully, precisely, with an eye for uncovering the truth of this new player.

"Tell me. Is it customary... Wherever you’re from... To interrupt conversations that do not concern you?"

If it was to be a standoff, then... Olivier‘s lip quirked with smug satisfaction.

A low, rumbling growl emerged from out of the nothing—the gulf of space and air that existed just above this magic sword summoner’s right ear, along with the sound of heavy paws padding this way and that, close enough that he could probably feel their breath against his nape. They were invisible, of course, rather, they were not yet here. But Olivier could feel that their jaws and their claws were primed and ready, ready to tear this self-sanctimonious upstart limb from limb. Even if it meant Olivier would be skewered in the same breath.

Still, this was a rather compromising situation, Olivier had to admit. And rather counterintuitive to his longer term goals. Perhaps he had overreacted. Well of course he had bloody overreacted! Days and weeks of humiliation and hardship had finally taken their toll. But... That was not the point. That decision was made and gone. All that he had left to do was decide where to take things from here. If there was one thing he liked about this, it was that for once in recent memory all—fine, most—of the eyes were on him.

"Oh? So you’ve heard of me? Curious. I confess that I can’t say the same for you." He cast his voice in caustic sarcasm until his words were properly drenched in it. "In any event, you can hear them, can’t you, my darlings? Care to test which of us is quicker? Your blades or my teeth?" He sneered over his shoulder at the man, as the sounds of two rather large, alarmingly close beasts pacing in a place that was somewhat parallel to this one continued on.

Next he considered Khione and Zael’s offers, seeing them for what they were: an out from this rather tense situation. He looked at each of them in turn, then made a great show of mulling it over before he said, "Oh, all right!" He said, letting his countenance soften into not-quite-a-smile as he waited for Khione to work her magic and get him clean. He turned slightly to Zael and added, "And to think, I was ready to decorate the floor with your innards. Apologies."

Yakov011001 Yakov011001
Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
Jhin Jhin

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•​

Last edited:

• Cyndoka (Woman In White)
    Metions: @Elenion Oliver de Lyonesse Jhin Jhin Zael Lithia Lace Lithia Lace Lilira
    1619516089634.png Cyndoka paid their attention towards Akar as he spoke, sorta understanding the sentiment, she too had met many different species and creatures but she didn't exactly know if he would have met more than her or not. Though her ears did perk up when Lilira announced where the quest board was, and she averted her gaze towards that direction a huge smirk now on her lips as she thought about how much fun a quest would be. Looking back towards Akar she went on to say "So you plan to take a quest on today or later on? We could probably do one later on together if you would like to." she said that in a sincere tone with a grin on her face. Though after thinking over what she said a bit, she realized she still had no real clue what type of magic he was most proficient in. He looked to be a necromancer type but then again, he is a dark elf so of course that would look to be the case opening her mouth again she decided to be direct about it "By the way what branch of magic are you most proficient in?" . After that she glanced behind her, finding that the Tension between the blond and the red hair boys has settled down. Which seemed to be a good thing since fighting indoors wasn't really the best place to settle things, and would more than likely just lead to a huge mess that someone would have to clean up.

Akar Mercurius
Akar considered her question about the quests for a moment. He was rather excited to take on a few quests as well, and taking on a few group quest would be a great way to learn the limits of those around him. Having decided his answer, Akar returned her smile, "I would be happy to take on a quest with you later on. Though I was planning on looking into something high ranking if its no trouble." He stated. While his magical abilities were limited to a certain type of combat he was still a wonder with a sword, he saw no reason he couldn't take on the challenge of something bigger. Then again a majority of his training was centered around what he was taught by master swords men in the Madwood.

Akar's sharp tipped ears twitched at the Woman in White's next question. It wasn't something that made him uncomfortable to answer, in fact he rather enjoyed talking about it. While he wasn't extremely skilled at the moment he still found his current ability rather impressive and it only promised to develop from there. His smile widening a bit more, and his all black eyes glistening, Akar responded to the question with a slight dreaminess to his voice, "I am practiced in Illusion magic, specifically manipulation. Giving me the ability to cause targets to see and hear things that aren't really there. I am also well practiced in Necromancy; it's definitely my favorite of the two. I am currently specified in summoning, meaning I can summon the corpses of the dead. Something that could come in handy when lacking bodies in a war." He stated the last part as if playing with life and death were a regular pass time, not at all something that someone might find appalling, immoral, or cruel. "What about yourself? I recall you mentioning Evocation Wind."

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou | Mentioned: N/A

"You haven't heard of me because I know how to do my job, unlike yourself," Though it was a tad difficult to hear himself over the growling of the namesake of the Lyonesse, the Golden Lions. Olivier's taunting didn't give him much confidence he'd back down, but logically it was the only course of action. Still--"Me, by far. Like, it's not even a contest." Luce's confidence overflowed through his curt words; not maliciously--comparative to his tone on every other sentence--just matter-of-fact-ly.

Still though, he flicked his hand out. The Summoned Swords shattering: their shards either falling to the floor before dissipating slowly into smoke, or vanishing into thin air before they even landed. Before he had a chance to snark some more, he felt a slip of paper slap him in the face.

"You're getting cleaned up, and then you're going out to earn back all that Coll you just spent." Phos whispered to him angerly. Ten Coll wasn't a lot, but it was a lot to them right now.

Looking to the slip of paper, it was a simple C-rank quest. Twenty-five Coll wasn't a lot either, Luce expected a B-rank quest at least. Though, he soon saw Phos' reasoning. Bandit elimination; like this, whatever they'd looted off of the bandits was theirs for the taking.

"Brilliant, brother. So, when are we leaving?"

"We aren't going anywhere. You're doing that one by yourself," Of course, Luce could just cobble together a team from among his other guildmembers, but that wasn't the point. "I'm taking this one, in case yours is a bust," He held up a second quest he'd pulled from the board: Goblin Slaying, B-rank. "Also, you're just kind of pissing me off right now, so--" He shrugged as he walked off.

Making a face of dissatisfaction, Luce made his way back to the bathhouse to clean up. Phos then moved back to his seat beside Stynger, placing the quest on the table in front of her.

"Perhaps this would make a great chance for us to learn more about each other's ability, and maybe moreso about each other as people in turn," He offered with a bright smile. "I mean, you are my first friend in this guild. Would you be willing to join me, Mistress Stynger?"

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Rhys Whitlock | Forsaken Dawn Guild Hall, First Floor
Scarlet's words painted a a vastly different picture of the Madwood from the one Rhys had experienced. Where he had accompanied nobility to their various social gatherings meant to display the wealth and influence of their respective families, none more dominant than those hosted by the dark elf's of Mercurius; she had spent her years in the relative solace of isolation, never so much as meeting her own kin. Honing her craft under the supervision of a mentor, but was that really enough to keep fend off the encroaching embrace of loneliness? Perhaps he had inadvertently followed Phos advice and learned something about the one sitting across from him; or was it simply a projection of his own subdued emotions?

“To have a guardian is a good thing, people tend to guard things they treasure.” he noted, failing to mention the people's equally common habit of guarding things they feared as he carried on. “It's quite fortunate that you've decided to thread this new path when you did, there seem to be plenty of interesting people gathered here today and Akar, standing in high regarded among your kin, is far from the least of them.” It was hard to predict the elf nobles reaction, but in his mind Scarlet could only benefit from getting to know another resident of the Madwood who happened to be a fellow practitioner as well.

The necromancer's analysis of the city's magical schools was all the more impressive considering her reclusive upbringing. If not for his impassive features, Rhys was certain the surprise would have been written all over his face. “Indeed...” he managed, “...that was a rather well thought out. As for enchantment, I've heard of disputed use among the labor force. I've heard of amazing feats performed by enchanted individuals, but of course it's not without its dangers.” The undead had barely finished his sentence when a familiar alarming sensation had him spin toward Zael, hand darting to the spot near his hip that usually carried a well worn blade. His sudden reaction was rewarded with a splash of heated egg yolk across the cheek as the danger turned out to be no more than some sort of failed prank.

“This gathering is different from those held in the Madwood.” Rhys commented without inflection, wiping the yolk from his face. As the situation played out he added “Though perhaps it is a blessing there will not be an opportunity to see you necromancy in action just yet.” settling back into his seat, he brushed off the flare of tempers ass a mere flash in the pan. “Impressive magic, to conjure an object or companion out of thin air in your time of need! Maybe there would be even more to enjoy if we were on an actual assignment? I think I'd like to see that.” the undead mans features twisted into a ghostly smile that looked out of place on the usually blank visage. "Who do you reckon has the most exciting display hidden away?"

Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires | Mentiones: Jhin Jhin

Scarlet Mortem Scarlet stared at the man in blank curiosity for a moment while his words sank in... "'...people tend to guard things they treasure.'" Had the old man truly treasured her? He taught her to survive and what she knows now of magic. But was it simply out of kindness or had he truly cared? This she could not answer. She recalled their interactions in the beginning had been rather difficult until she learned to control her darkness with that of the enchantment spell she uses now... but all she could recall in the man's features were that of pity. In fact Scarlet wasn't sure she could ever remember having felt any kind of love, whether it be the love of family, friends, or a romantic partner. The thought that someone might have viewed her more than she originally thought, perplexed her.

Blinking a few times as Rhys continued speaking on the subject of having come to the guild, she responded in a distant manner her thoughts still slightly lost in the past, "Yes I suppose it is fortunate..." However, it wasn't long before she was pulled back to the present as the undead man moved at an alarming speed, suddenly posed to draw his weapon. Scarlet was left to watch in shock and amazement. However when the only danger turned out to be a splattering of food on those close enough to the mishap, Scarlet couldn't help but let out a small giggle. Eyes suddenly going wide she clapped her hands over her mouth. She hadn't meant to laugh at his expense, but the ordeal was a tad hilarious. Now that she thought of it, she couldn't remember the last time something made her giggle, or having giggled ever to begin with.

When Rhys returned to his seat she was glad for the topic to have shifted to a different matter. When he smiled however, it was hard to tell whether it was genuine or an attempt at seeming more normal than he was. Either way she didn't entirely mind. His being didn't bother her, it was those that were the cause of his being that did. Necromancy had its uses, but there should be a limit. Responding to his statement and question, Scarlet couldn't help but smile in return for the first time, "I think I would like that as well... And I'd have to say I'm most interested in your own abilities if I'm being completely honest." She paused for a moment recalling his reaction almost as if he predicted something was going to happen. "And I think that of the Skeleton as well. I have not read about or seen his kind before... I would be interested to know how it is he... is conscious?"

Interacted: Fenris Fenris | Mentioned: Puppetman Puppetman

Last edited:

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

Lilira let out a sigh of relief as things seemed to have calmed down and the crisis was averted, now it seemed a fee people were discussing going on quests to earn coll or whether the reward was as she was to understand it, not every reward for a job would pay in coll. She supposed she could do with blowing off some steam as well, perhaps going out to do a job would do her good. She lifted her hands over her head, interlocking her fingers and stretched, standing on her the tips of her toes...now the question was...who should she partner up with and what job should she take "Ya, know, doing a job sounds like a great idea, all the food has been made, and and certain people could do with some activity," She said looking over in the direction of Phos and Luce, and again couldn't help but laugh at their interactions...Phos seemed none too happy about Luce giving their coll away that they apparently shared. Maybe she'd team up with him if he was interested. She looked on the board to see what there was...apparently there were Bandits in the Dagger Wood and they were free to keep the loot they found, but that didn't guarantee coll and his brother did say he needed to earn their coll back...although it would be rather odd for bandits not to have coll, as surely they'd have stolen some on top of whatever else they might have stolen that was worth something at the very least.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Rhys Whitlock | Forsaken Dawn Guild Hall, First Floor
While Rhys had simply acted upon an instinct like so many times before, it was the first time he'd earned this particular reaction for his efforts. Then again it had also been the first time in memory someone had managed to decorate his face with colorful breakfast articles, so he could hardly fault the bemused elf. Good thing the non living didn't blush easily despite their pale complexion.

Any lingering irritation born from the mishap disappeared in the face of that genuine smile, prompting Rhys to actually chuckle, “I fear you've already born witness to them; though usually they tend to work a tad better.” There was a short pause as he considered how best to explain and then just shrugged, “Sometimes I can feel things before they happen, usually something trying to kill me. It's rather practical but not much to look at. Besides that I can take a punch or spell better than most hired muscle, though few people are ever truly impressed by that particular trick.”

Eyes drifting toward Gul at the mention of the skeleton, Rhys found he had no helpful answers. “He's big and has no squishy bits to sink a knife or fang into; I'd reckon that's a good start... maybe it has something to do with his peculiar garb?” While observing his fellow undead the man noted several quests being picked from the board.

“If we manage to secure an assignment we might be a step closer to getting some answers or at least observing some of our guildmates in action.” With those words Rhys stepped to observe the board and point out a rather mismatched pair of quests. One asking adventures assistance with a rabbit hunt while the other involved escorting a wealthy fisher. “Which do you prefer? To guard or to hunt?” Of course there were plenty of other appeals for help still filling the board.

Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires | anyone who'd like to group for quests?​

Scarlet Mortem Scarlet's ears twitched, perking up at the sound of his chuckle. To her this was the first noticeably true emotion he showed, and it made her oddly happy to see. "I wouldn't say it's not an impressive skill." She responded in reference to his comment on his abilities. "In fact, I think it would be rather frightening to be on the receiving end of that reaction." She stood from her spot to follow him, her books forgotten in the process.

Staring at the two quests Rhys had pointed out she considered them both. The escort job sounded rather interesting, it would be a chance to travel and learn new things along the way. There was the prospect of some danger, but that was of minimal concern. Looking to the hunt quest Scarlet once again found herself giggling as the image of the large undead man chasing tiny rabbits floated through her mind. While she knew how to hunt, she currently lacked the necessary supplies. Finally deciding on a quest she spoke up, slightly stretching up on her toes to point to the quest, "I think the escort quest sounds promising. It offers a chance to travel and learn new things. While it's not guaranteed we will run into any danger it could still be a fun experience." She explained her own reasoning lowering back down to stand normally as she peered up at Rhys waiting for his take on which sounded more of interest to him. "We could also ask the friend you mentioned earlier to tag along." She offered, just now realizing that she didn't actually know what the relationship between the two was.

Interacted: Fenris Fenris | Mentioned:

Last edited:

Metions: N/A
    1619563379528.png Cyndoka smile widened when he accepted her offer to do a quest with her in the future, she also had intentions of doing a high profile quest as well, wanting to test her limits and she was sure Renaque wanted to do the same. To her it seemed that her and Akars interest somewhat aligned with one another which was quite neat to say the least, maybe they would even become friends here. Though when he started to explain what type of magic he does she wasn't all too impressed with it to say the least, illusions were pretty cheap and necromancy seemed pretty hands off. Summon a bunch of undead to do your own dirty work what if his illusions failed him and his undead creatures were beaten, it seems that he might be put in a vulnerable state if that was the case. But nonetheless she would have to reserve judgement until she actually sees him in action, honestly she didn't mind dark magic all that much but illusions and what is basically minion summoning weren't really her favorite types of magic. As the conversation went on though and he asked about her magic types though she mused on what to say for a moment before beginning to speaking "Yeah, I use Wind Evocation magic, it would be strange for someone of my species to not be using Wind magic to be honest. I also do know Enchantment magic as well, both mine and Blacks moms taught us enchantment, not a hundred percent sure on the reason why, could of been a forced bonding experience for all i know." she ended with a shrug before going on to continue "And I also do plan on taking a high profile quest as well, if you plan on taking a high ranking quest then i must wish you luck, and if you plan to do one alone then, try your best not to die cause that would really suck after having gotten to know you." she couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the last part though, she trusted that he would know what he was doing at the very least.

Arcturus laughed with Gul's jokes about his diet and his statement at being too handsome. As the fight they were watching calmed down Arcturus decided to remark. "Looks like the pretty boys are done fighting, and have just turned to petty insults instead." Arcturus noted to Gul, jokingly. He swiftly changed topics. "And if it's a diet you are on, that would explain a lot, you are practically all bone." He softly chucked at his poor joke. He watched some of his companions near the quest board watch Gul. "Looks like some of the guild members are starting to look into the quest board, I will go look at what's on the board too." He started to walk off towards the quest board, and turned to Gul, "If you wish to accompany me you can, I am going to see the quest board, see what quests were given to the guild." He got up as he approached the board. There he saw a couple of new faces he hadn't seen before.

A gruff man stood out to him, he looked like what Arcturus had imagined the common mercenary to look like. From first appearances he seemed cold to approached, but he was seemed to also be chatting up with the female Dark Elf nearby. He recognized them as two of the people who had been looking at Gul earlier and decided to interject. "Hey pals, I saw you two eye up my handsome companion over there." He pointed to Gul as he interjected with a joyful voice, interrupting the two who seemed to be discussing an important matter. "I was just wondering if you were afraid of the kind fellow?" He widely smirked.

Puppetman Puppetman Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires (Scarlet) Fenris Fenris

VizsWn8.jpg

Stynger
FDG Halls, Sharn
Yakov011001 Yakov011001
She studied the parchment that Phos had laid out on the table briefly, before turning towards the man. While she has yet to decide for herself a task, it seems that one had been decided for her. Stynger gave it some thought, with her hands interlocked and idled in consideration. For many speculative reasons, Phos had chosen her to accompany him. She eyed the others, of whom were already on their feet to sally forth with their delegated details in discourse.

Stynger found herself spaced out in the moment, having blissfully neglected the dramatic disturbance that gave rise not mere moments ago. Phos's words begged many questions, as she dwelled on it. A friend, he called her, despite their brief interactions. Stynger wondered if he was simply saying so out of the need of company. The way Phos mentioned their abilities made her self-conscious. Could it be that he was more interested in her arcane practices? While she had nothing to conceal, it was a curious choice of words. Surely, he meant nothing sinister about it, she reassured herself. Stynger kept the thought in the back of her head. Nevertheless, she adhered to his call-to-arms. For better or worse, it was time for her to earn her place here. First things first, she must address herself properly, Stynger thought to herself.

"I shall accompany you on this quest, Master Flynn. Please tend to your equipment and preparations, I shall meet you outside once I've squared away my details." Stynger replied monotonously getting up from her seat.

"... and Stynger is fine, Master Flynn. The term mistress may isinuate unwarranted perceptions that I do not truly possess." she added, bowing slightly.

She hauled her umbrella along, having said her piece. With her mundane armament secured between her elbow, Stynger collected the finished plates and utensils where her acquaintances were done. The Cnidarian nonchalantly made her way to the kitchen, rolling up her sleeves and relinquished her gloves. As if by some innate habit, Stynger began her aforementioned details in earnest. Firstly, a rinse to soften up the rough debris and crumbs. A procured bucket of water resided beside her for the final rinse, as she proceeded to apply the aromatic serum upon the stained plates and utensils. Each sorted into organized piles, despite their tainted state. She had an auxiliary bowl trapping to prevent the crumbs and leftovers from falling into the drain and clogging up. Each action backed by solid reasoning and objectives. One by one, she dispelled their corrupt spots, with each resolute stroke filled with poised intentions. The tarnished dishes intermixed with the foamy concoction. Stynger's hands wove back and forth, turning with an expedited motion, albeit controlled. The rough textures of crusty retentions quickly fell to her applied force. The scrubbed mugs became a temporary holder for the utensils, while she continued to work her way through the bowls. When Stynger has concluded the cleaning process, she finally washed down the foamy pile of dishes with the bucket of water that she had procured earlier. The dishes began falling into line upon the racks in neat formations. Smaller bowls went first, then the bigger ones atop to conserve space. Utensils stacked into their holders by utility. Forks, spoons, teaspoons, and knives - all sorted accordingly as any sane homemaker would do. All spotless, with an audible squeak when Stynger brushed her index finger upon the butt-end of a processed bowl. While Stynger's visage was that of a prim and proper nun, she was internally elated to finally lend a hand to do her part. It was the least she could do to thank her accommodating peers for their breakfast, even if she has yet to eat anything. A subtle gesture of grateful grace, Stynger contemplated. She finally turned towards the bowl trapping, clearing the crumbs and soggy leftovers down in the garbage bag. Tying it up nice and tight, Stynger left the scene briefly to dispose of it properly, then returned to blanket the bin with a new set of cover. The new trash bag was swiftly tucked into place and secured by the designated slotting. The bowl trapping was cleaned shortly after, as did the drainage filter. For someone as precarious as Stynger, she needed the contingency of a bowl trapping in case the drainage filter failed. Among the doctrines of war, preparations and well-thought out strategies will conceive a better, if not expected outcome. Stynger finally washed her hands and secured her umbrella, before stepping outside.

Unlike most adventurers, Stynger had little on herself aside from her main armament. She had little to prepare for aside from a quick grasp at her Umbral Ella. Despite its seemingly mundane aesthetics, the umbrella was inevitably composed of malleable metals, speculative of Lhazaarian Steel. A meager umbrella with the weight of a certain Cnidarian's troubled heart. Stynger secured her sleeves, donning her gloves as she stood idly by the oaken tree outside the Halls in anticipation of Phos's arrival. Butterflies passed her by, while the warm zephyr whispered gossips of the distant land. Stynger abided by her time and gave heed to the prancing grasses and sporadic daisies.

Last edited:
Preparation was quick for Phos. He really only ever used one weapon--regardless of how heavy it was--and he didn't wear armour. What kind of abjurer wears armour? He did have one important thing that he needed to retrieve however, and that was his cardigan. It was a long, open sort of thing. If it weren't for the sleeves it'd be mistaken for a cape; he rolled up those sleeves, better aesthetic. There's no rules against a mage looking slick as fuck, if there was you'd better tell that to Luce and bonetroustle over there. Under his cardigan was a field pouch he used to keep new stuff he stol--earned, as well as any tools he kept on him. God Shattering Star was an incredible feat of ingenuity in mana-mechanical engineering, and it needed upkeep.

His greatest achievement. See, Phos wasn't really could at mana channeling. When you cast a spell, you're using your inner energy and mana to give it power and framework; however, that alone doesn't make a spell. By reforming the naturally occurring mana in the atmosphere you give your spell depth and form. There's been much scholarly debate as to which side is more important: regardless of how high someone's internal mana pool is, without good mana channeling their spells are just big beat-sticks. Nothing more complicated than maybe a really big laser. However, with a low mana pool, even overcompensating with extreme mana channeling makes proficient spell use hard; having to jump through seventy-odd hoops just to get half of that kind of power into your spells. Of course, there's no debate that being good at both is good. That's why Phos created the God Shattering Star, to be a substitute for mana channeling. The blade channels mana out of the atmosphere for him. Of course, a feat like this has no doubt painted a target on his back at aim from a number of influential people. He didn't know when, but he was sure he'd be sent for at some point. To kill or be killed.

That was beside the point. He let himself get distracted, he was needing to meet Mistress Stynger outside. Or rather, just Stynger. He moved to the front door, his charge blade strung up on his back. He turned to everyone as the readied themselves for their own adventures.

"Alright, you lot. I'm off!" He cheered, pumping a fist up. "Oh, and Madame Luminara," He addressed her directly. "Perhaps when I return I can help with the next meal."

He scanned the room for a quick moment. Luce was undoubtedly still in the bathhouse. He almost felt bad for his brother; he wasn't the kind of person to approach another for aid, so unless someone liked him enough to go out of their way to follow he was on his own. Of course, he almost felt bad. He didn't though. Fucker deserves it.

Turning out the door, Phos moved to join Stynger; still playing with his outfit a bit, getting the gloves on and whatnot--
they're important. Looking up from his hands, Phos saw Stynger waiting for him out there. It was almost immediately captivating how the wildlife spun up around her. The air was still, but there was somehow a breeze kicking up her hair. They were in the middle of Sharn, the City of Towers, and still there were butterflies that took to her nook: just the one tree that was out there. Now, he didn't know all that much about Cnidarians on account of Luce never really delivering that far out, but looking at Stynger he absolutely wanted to know more. Every moment she carried herself with an elegance and grace that was infallible proof of her diligence. That and--well--Phos kinda sorta just really liked looking at her. Keep it together, dumbass.

"Y'know Stynger," He called to her as he approached. When he reached her, he flicked both sides of his cardigan's tail back with his hands where they settle on his hips. It was a habit he picked up from his father's friend: Lamuel J. Saxon. "Now that I'm actually thinking about it, you're rather cute aren't you?" That was rhetorical of course, and he quickly rotated the conversation to cover up that it was kind of embarrassing to say out loud. "Now, if we're going to be questing together, you're going to be referring to me as Phos, yeah? There's two Flynns in this guild, best not leave room for confusion."

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Lithia Lace Lithia Lace

• otto.medium.png

Scarlet turned to look at the man who had just approached. Upon hearing his comment, her colorless eyes drifted once more to the skeleton before they once again settled on the new stranger before her. "Not at all." She responded simply. "I find him rather fascinating... " She explained honestly. Realizing how strange it might sound, considering she had yet to make the man's acquaintance, she went on to explain herself further, " I- practice necromancy... So thats why I find his being interesting. I have not heard of his kind before, nor have I read about it in my books." She then nervously backed into Rhys as she stepped back, awkwardly sticking out her hand to introduce herself. Realizing she bumped into him, she became increasingly flustered, turning slightly pink as she moved away from Rhys. "Sorry..." She apologized softly and in a bit of a panic. Doing her best to try and calm herself, she took a small shaky breath before returning her attention to the man in front of her, "I'm Scarlet Mortem, and this is Rhys." She finally managed to get out without incident; longing slightly for the seclusion of her home in the Madwood.

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou (Cyndoka) Fenris Fenris Noct Noct | Mentioned: Puppetman Puppetman

Last edited:
"Yes I think I will." He said as Arcturus invited him to join him in browsing the quest board. He scanned the board as his companion seemed to strike up a conversation with two other guildmates. "You say you find me interesting, well I can't say I blame you. As for why my kind aren't in your book, I have no clue as I woke up like this." He said as he continued to scan the quest board. "Well, well it seems there are a few beasties causing problems for the common folk. My talents run more along the killing variety, except for cooking that is." He turned away from the board and towards his new guildmates. "I have to say you all seem to be talking this better than most of you flesheys. No offense."
Noct Noct Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Fenris Fenris

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

Lilira nodded and smiled at Phos when he offered to make the next meal. "Sure, depending on when everyone gets back, I guess it would be helpful if we rotated who cooks, speaking of which I need to figure out who can cook here...if anyone else can cook here," Lilira said and smiled at Phos, waving as he and Stynger went off on their job, giggling just a bit "Have fun and be careful," She said in a slightly teasing tone as h clear interest in the girl had not escaped her notice.

Looking over the board while she was sure the bandits would yield coll amongst other things, she supposed that maybe she should also look for a job that guaranteed coll upon completion and she could just ask Luce which one he would prefer to do. "Now, let's see, an A might be too much for two people so...ooh, a brewer needs help retrieving a cursed shipment...damn fae who knows why they cursed it...probably just for fun...and it's 100 coll so 50 for each of us, more than enough to replace the 20 he spent," She said to herself.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Interactions: None/ Open
    Mentions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Akar Mercurius
    1619591385167.png Cyndoka was pleased when he assured her that he would return back in one piece, she didn't want to lose the guild mate she got to know first just because they took on more than the can chew, that would be quite unfortunate. When he rose from his seat she maintained her smile and also rose from hers, before he went off, her giving him a quick wave of goodbye, and when he was far enough her smile faded, back into a more neutral fascial feature. She then went off to make her way to the quest board as well, the quest that took her interest the most was the Harpie one, she was quite familiar with harpies, she and her mom faced a few together, though when fighting with her mom everything was just too easy. Still though a A class quest seemed like the right type of quest that she should be taking, difficult but not too difficult , like right in between. She was quick to take the quest off the board, she only really needed to get her bow from her room before she would be ready to depart for the quest, though she stopped mid thought thinking on weather or not she should ask someone if they would like to come with her or not, just so that she would have someone to watch her back in case those harpies decided to do something cheap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back