• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Olivier de Lyonesse
KaM2LoG.png
Olivier had spent enough time at court to recognize a con ( Jhin Jhin ) when he saw one. Depending on the definition, he had seen both sides of this little charade. It was a game he most enjoyed playing, no matter which side of the coin crushed the other party.

"Incredible!" He gawked, careful not to lay it on too thickly. At the mention of required payment, Olivier made a show of searching his person and then sighed. "Ah, I’m afraid my coin purse is all but spent." A lie. Smooth as silk. He paused, then, pantomiming like he’d just remembered something important, and reached into the fold of his sleeve and pulled out a large, flat, silver disk, not much larger than a 5-piece coll. "But I do have this," he held the piece up, letting the light glint off of it. It had the look of foreign currency. In actuality, it was a worthless piece of metal belonging to an obscure board game that Olivier had ferried here with him. "I don’t know exactly the conversion, but it should fetch more than what was asked in the local merchant shops, I’d wager!"

And as soon as those words passed his lips, and with a measured amount of uncertainty slipping into place across his porcelain features, Olivier made a show of shuttling the coin back into the fold of his sleeve, as though he were toiling over whether or not he’d be willing to part with it. "I’m not sure, though. Could you, perhaps, show us a bit more first... On the house? We’d certainly like to get our money’s worth, after all! Right, miss?" He cast the girl ( Lithia Lace Lithia Lace ) a conspiratorial glance.
•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•​

Taking in long breath, Luce stood from his seat to take Arturus' hand. Making to match whatever effort he put into the handshake.

"I am Luce Flynn. Blood of Apollo Flynn." Though I suppose more people respond to Chariot Master.

It's best that he put aside his feelings for now, his emotions would only serve to obscure any professional relationship with his guildmates. Returning to his seat, he noticed the Lady in White had scurried off to meet that dark elf fellow. I wonder how that'll go. The one left behind--well she didn't quite look left behind. She seemed to be enthralled with the food. Luce couldn't help but smirk.

"Y'know," He addressed her. "You think this is good? You should try some of my brother's. Thirteen years is plenty of time to get good at cooking I think." He pointed to Phos as he spoke.

It was good he seemed to be making progress on his end, Luce thought it strange he was just sitting around doing nothing. Phos himself? He might as well be doing nothing. Fucking--what do you do!? Stynger, as she was referred to regarded him with a rather strong degree of respect. Best he match, imitation is the highest form of flattery when it comes to immediate conversation. It shows a level of engagement in the conversation that can be hard to come by, people want to be heard and this is the best way to communicate that you're willing to. He does it to get ahead--Social Darwinism and all--but it wasn't like Phos didn't enjoy hearing people. Voices were among his guilty pleasures, he went into Evocation and Abjuration because they were vocally intensive, comparative to the other schools. Mistress Stynger here had an extremely beautiful one, and her well-spoken phrasing and respectful tone was only compounding on that fact. That said, perhaps her school was among the vocal styles?

"I assure you, what few words you provide more than an equal worth to the rest of us," He bowed in what way he could while he was sitting. "I find it an honour to work with you as well."

He offered a hand for her to shake.

"Let us do our best, Mistress Stynger."

Noct Noct Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
VizsWn8.jpg

Stynger
FDG Halls, Sharn
Yakov011001 Yakov011001
The Cnidarian was mildly amused by the sudden shift of tone and peculiar choice of vocabularies that came from Phos. His new demeanor sallied forth to meet hers with an equal footing - something she speculated to be wired specifically for her alone. Despite this divergent development, Stynger was comforted by his words. A most welcoming and friendly acquaintance made.

"The honor i-is mine..." she said, her voice growing softer near the end.

Her eye widened, as her cheeks grew akin to that of ripe Brelandian apples. She motioned her hands about, bearing the statement moreso than her acquaintance's in gesture. The corner of her lips curled upward slightly, nearly smiling but inevitably deferred to an inquisitive sign. Her eyebrows followed suit, with a generous adherence to Phos's next remarks.

"Yes, let's." she replied calmly, firmly reaching out her gloved hand for a decisive handshake.

Stynger nodded with purpose, then titled her head slightly, undoubtedly filled with questions. When the man beside Phos declared his name, Stynger took it upon herself to follow up with a requisitioned affirmation.

"Say, Master Flynn, are you two related?" she inquired Phos about Luce's disposition.

Oh, I'll fuckin' get a smile out of you. He couldn't quite wipe that stupid smile off his face. She was rather nice, and he was glad his words landed well with her. To slip past his pseudo-divination like that, she must possess some unforeseeable strength: she would make an excellent partner, one he could trust to carry what weight he could not. Even moreso, he was glad that she seemed open to his presence. After how many months of travelling, and only Luce to occupy his time it would be nice to talk to someone else for a change.

"Say, Master Flynn, are you two related?" She'd asked after his brother. It was a fairly standard question, so he thought to answer it in his fairly standard way.

"That is an excellent question, Mistress." He said snapping his fingers in the air to get Luce's attention.

When he had eye contact, Phos brought his open hand up to his chin. He tapped index and middle fingers over his chin back and forth, before bringing his arms horizontally parallel to each other and rolled them inwards. Palette swap. Luce threw his eyebrows up in surprise. Palette swap this early? But we'll miss out on all the fun games. Still, he obliged. He brought his fingers up next to his head.

"Don't blink." He told Stynger.

When Luce snapped his fingers, Phos's eyes began to brighten up as the sclera was being drained of its pigmentation. Flowing outward, his violet skin began to dull until it shifted into a fairly tan tone. His coiff's roots began to darken and push out into the rest of his hair until it was fully dark brown, save for a vibrant copper racing stripe that ran from front to back on the right side of his hairline. If it weren't for the fact that everyone watched the transition, Phos could pose as Luce and not a soul would know. They were practically twins. Then after a moment for whomever was watching to gawk, Luce swiped at the air and Phos was his off-colour self again. Like Luce had air-smacked the colour off of him.

"That's actually what I prefer to look like, but with my brother around. It'd be confusing for the lot of you to learn our names if we played that game." Phos chuckled to himself, inside wishing he never needed Luce's Palette Swap.

He barely caught his neck twitch, his head uncomfortably jerking to the side just a little bit. You look fine, dumbass.

Yeah, right.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Akar Mercurius Akar smiled politely at the girl, "What a peculiar name, though suiting. It's nice to meet you. My name is Akar Mercurius." He responded in a formal matter. He had to admit he was curious about the girl. Despite her similarly matching attire to her companion, they seemed to be at odds with eachother. The thought once again made him glance briefly in the direction of Rhys, before returning his attention to Cyndoka. "Where might you be from?" He asked with a kind smile.

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou | Mentioned: N/A​

Last edited:
Gul closed the locket he had been staring at for the last couple of hours as he gave a hollow sight. He had arrived late last night and had decided it best if he stayed in his room as a skeleton walking around an old inn at night would likely either cause someone a heart attack or just a plain old attack, mainly aimed at him. He rolled out from under his bed and set of for downstairs humming as he went. As he descended the stairs he was meet with the sight of the ground floor already abuzz with activitie and the smell of breakfast. 'Good people are less likely to be scared of me in a large group.' He thought to himself as he reached the bottom floor. "Well, well, well ain't this just a lively little group we got here. " He said as he approached the group. "I am Gul and it's a pleasure to meet you all." His voice was hollow and deep with what seemed to be a slight echo. 'Please don't scream or hit me I really just want to talk.' He thought to himself as he watched for any sudden movements in case he had to defend him self.

Arcturus didn't care for the title Luce had, as to Arcturus he was just another guildmate. He shook his hand and Arcturus was caught off guard. He had expected a weaker grip out of the man, as he assumed he would be a more nimble of a fighter, but Luce had a respectable grip. Arcturus nodded to show his respect for the well given handshake. As Luce was leaving Arcturus turned to the tables filled with food and decided to get a bite to eat finally, he had not touched a thing since wandering into the hall, despite having noticed the heaps of food on the table. Arcturus sat down to eat and enjoyed his food, eating a large quantity in a couple of minutes. Not out of the ordinary since Arcturus tends to eat a bit more than the average person, but he is also a bit larger than an average person, so it's to be expected. As he was finishing up his meal, he was caught off guard by a very tall looking skeleton man.

Now from folklore Arcturus was aware of, he had only heard of stories of evil living skeletons, so at first he bolted to his feet and grabbed the stool he was sitting on, to use as a makeshift weapon, adrenaline running through him as he thought to himself that some malicious invader had entered the building. However, he quickly realized the man was of no harm, he softly put down the stool. After hearing him greet the group he slowly walked up to the suited skeleton and looked up to his face. In all of his years of adult life he never really had to look up to talk to someone. Arcturus had met many different kinds of people on his recent travels, but a skeleton was a first. He decided to be the first to greet himself to the man. "Pleasure to meet you too. Glad you could come down to be with us." He then softly proceeded to inspect one of the cuffs of his suit, he admired the craftmanship that went into it and realized it was a REALLY well made suit. "This suit looks incredible! How much coll did this cost you?" Arcturus added, trying to avoid the obvious topic.

Puppetman Puppetman mentioned: Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Gul was taken aback slightly by the human that had approached him as that didn't usually happen and was even further surprised when the man started inspecting his suit. He was at a loss for words at first before the mans question snapped him out of his stupor. He chuckled, a deep ominous sound, before saying. "Well sorry to say I have no idea though I do agree it is quite snazzy. You see I sort of woke up in this suit." He shook his head as he thought back to waking up in that dusty coffin. "Though I have tried to keep it in good condition as one it'd be a shame if something this nice was ruined, and two it's the only clothes I got." He had become very attracted to this style and quality of clothes and had yet to find anything else like it.
Noct Noct

• Cyndoka (Woman In White)
    Interactions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Akar Mercurius
    1619411413516.png Cyndoka listened intently as the man who introduced himself as Akar Mercurius spoke, when he was done with his introduction she noticed that his gaze shifted towards someone else a white haired human man it seemed. Maybe they had a relationship together, she wasn't for sure yet, though she will likely figure that out sooner or later since they are now guild mates and they would likely be spending a lot of time together. Though when his gaze shifted back to her, she did the same allowing her eyes to lock back on to his as she gave him a typical smile that she usually gives to most people. The question he gave her was a bit unexpected though it didn't really show on her face though she did let out a light chuckle as a result before saying "Well I come from Xen'Drik, I'm not really from any town or city in particular though." It wasn't much information but it was all pretty true to say the least, seeing such a large amount of people was something that she wasn't really use to to be honest, usually she only really met with small travel groups but trying new things was always a fun little experinace to be had.

"What, Palette Swap?" Luce asked, his tone turning smug. "No no, it's no trick between us. I'm an illusionist, you see." He snapped his fingers, the gray trim of Renaque's cloak turning blood red.

Palette swap was a simple colour changing spell: the first spell Luce had ever learned. He needed to know it for Phos' sake, lest Phos kill himself fucking around with their father's tools; everything he learned after was for himself.

"It's really funny too, sometimes," He tried peeling away from those memories. "This one time, my professor was eating eggs and ham during a lecture--he hadn't eaten that morning you see--and I turned his food green. He almost threw up!" Luce snickered.

"Yeah," Phos called back to him. "But because he wanted to play that prank in tandem with the Flynn Swap prank without my knowledge, Professor Seuss gave me detention, dickhead!" He elaborated, pointing an accusatory finger at him.

Peckinou Peckinou

Renaque (Woman In Black)
Interactions: Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Luce and Pho Flynn
1619415021087.png Renaque began to understand what he meant now, thinking that the little stunt they pulled was just a illusion, that may come in handy, maybe. But pretty soon she was only able to sit their stone faced not really understanding what they were saying, as they moved on to talk about things like a professor. The term went over her head as she never really had a formal education, most things were taught to her by her parents, herself, rarely Cyndoka and books. The term professor though was something she never really heard of till now and couldn't help but say in a confused voice "Uhm, professor? what is a professor? and what is detention?" a question she couldn't help but ask out of curiosity.​

Phos had his suspicions, but it was only confirmed just now. These two cloaked individuals were from Xen'Drik; the cloaks kind of tipped him off to it but it was only really confirmed by her ignorance to educational structures and associated culture. Which was fair, aside from southwestern Khorvaire there weren't really any powers in this world that could provide that kind of thing to the public aside from southeastern Sarlona. None of the other continents really had their shit together, and Xen'Drik least of all; even in the Arenal Archipelago you could find some local level teachers who teach in good faith. Seems the Flynns aren't the only ones who've traveled far, though that's to be expected.

"Oh! Uh--" Luce caught himself, wracking his brain for a way to explain that kind of foreign concept. "So, you learned magic from someone," He said, his tone rather matter-of-fact-like. Only one person I know has learned magic alone. "A professor is just a person who teaches magic, like them. But a professor teaches a great deal of people, they get money for it too. They've made it their job, so they're usually super good at it."

Why did that sound like the way you'd describe it to a child? See, it was probably reasons like this that Luce ended up on peoples' bad sides'; regardless of whether it was intentional or not. Knowing Luce though, it was unfortunately not intentional... probably.

Peckinou Peckinou

Akar Mercurius Akar studied Cyndoka more curious about her now than he originally expected to be. He hadn't traveled much despite his families work since it was more often that people sought them out instead; usually bringing whatever corpse it was they wanted brought back with them. Aerenal was his domain and the Madwood his kingdom... in a sense anyway. So he knew very little of Xen'Drik other than it's location in relevance to his own. Nevertheless he smiled and continued, "Interesting, I live just North East of there in Aerenal. Specifically the Madwood. There was little reason to travel beyond that until coming here." He explained. "Might I inquire about your decision for joining the guild? While I assume at the end of the day all that really matters is that we're all here together as a team, it's still an interesting thing to know what it is that originally brought each of us here." Akar was trying his best to come off as friendly and open even if at the end of the day he never truly meant to make friends here. But he knew that, at the end of the day, things would run smoother under the pretense of friendship.

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou | Mentioned: Fenris Fenris

Last edited:

Interactions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Akar Mercurius
    1619442016576.png Cyndoka thought over what he said, she never really visited Arenal before, but then again she never visited a lot of places before, maybe if she got along with him well enough he would take her to visit Arenal one day. She couldn't help but chuckle when he asked her reason for joining the guild, and simply said "Well apperanty coll is one reason, another reason for being here is my curiosity I guess, there aren't really many settlements where I'm from so I guess I wanted to learn more about what it's like outside of Xen'Drik." It was a bit true, though it wasn't the full story of why they moved over, it was atleast enough to likely satisfy them. "What about you? Got any reason for leaving your home and joining the guild? Do you miss your home?" she couldn't really help but ask that. Getting to know new people was quite fun, even if they sometimes ended up becoming future enemies to her, it happened a few times some beings are pretty tricky and selfish. But she had learned that by learning about people, she could figure out their goals and intentions, soon being able to figure out if they are someone they could relie a bit on or not.

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

When Gul came down the steps Lillira would admit that she was surprised. He'd come in very late last night and she'd admit she was probably tired but the time he came in as she surely didn't notice that he was a skeleton. She couldn't help but approach him and poke one of his bony fingers...they were certainly accumulating quite the interesting group of people...all them seemed so different.

"Sorry about that, I don't think I've ever talked to a skeleton before, also I'm not sure hat you eat...or if it's even possible for you to eat," She said. "She was happy at least to see that everyone was enjoying breakfast and getting to know each other. turning to Luce and Phos as Luce seemed to be explaining school to the ladies of black and white. Personally, she'd never actually gone to school, that wasn't to say she was uneducated with nobility at either end of her lineage she educated in a more private and personal manner than one would at an official school. " I bet they would have schools somewhere around this city," She said putting her finger to her lips as she looked up, as if visualizing the powering city beyond the walls of their guildhall "But where would that be? Do you think they'd teach it in line of the city districts or the Skyway? If they did teach it in the districts my bet would be in the upper city. Furthermore what school of magic would they even teach here?" She asked "My bet is either evocation or enchantment, then again given the structure of the city, I may have to cast my vote for transmutation," Lilira said.

She sighed, looking at the warped floor board, this place clearly still needed work despite what she had spent on repairs "Actually transmutation might be welcome at this point. I do apologize for the..? shabbiness you all currently have to endure, clearly our current home still needs work...but where to start? I'd like to say the floors clearly since everything else seems sound...enough for now anyway," She said to herself at the end.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Puppetman Puppetman Peckinou Peckinou Noct Noct Jhin Jhin Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Fenris Fenris

Last edited:
VizsWn8.jpg

Stynger
FDG Halls, Sharn
Yakov011001 Yakov011001
Stynger's gloves collided, uniting as a gesture of intrigue when she witnessed Flynn's manipular rotations. A seamless transition, as if two templates of one malleable soul. Their distinctive personalities, however, proved most complex. The Cnidarian speculated such arcana to be innate, woven into the very fabrics of their existence. Rather than pressing on to bear, her conjured inquiries were quick to recede. She comprehended her limitations in words, and chose to relay her earnest excitements at best.

"How fascinating, Master Flynn. I do hope to learn much from you and your counterpart." Stynger remarked simply, reserving her thoughts, albeit with a welcoming gesture towards both Flynns. A subtle notion that she had ran dry of words, and would simply prefer to listen than strum along with her indecisive voice.

It was quite a wonder that she had learnt so much from a simple question. Phos and Luce seemed quite a pair of uncomplicated personnel. Stynger reeled back, and reminisced on her own abilities. Surely, her skills are far less refined than those around her, she thought. Even now, she felt an irritable sensation upon her chest. Uncertainties plagued her, like a worn blanket that is on the verge of being torn, yet still clung onto its delicate linings. Mysteries made anew, while revelations remained ambiguous. Construction in destruction. Such was her gift, and perhaps a curse as well. What she had learnt in the last few months since her awakening, was that it was best not project herself over matters that did not fit her talents. Stynger turned to the salient silence as her stout principle.

The woman reeled back to reality, leaning back against her seat as she lent an ear to the latest voice down the table. Where the others have already broken bread and procuring provisions for themselves at the behest of the Guildmaster's accommodation, Stynger has yet to partake in the occasion. Her integrity remained intact, unwilling to give into the temptation of a meal before a deed is seen to. A creed that she did not devise, yet it remained a part of her daily ritual as if she had been doing so for most of her life. But like any other fragments of her estranged, yet somnambulistic tendencies and unfamiliar dreams - an unsolved mystery of this roaming vessel. While the names of her colleagues flew about the room, Stynger have yet to memorize them all, let alone adjust to the low-drag atmosphere that was rather too varied for her taste. Such was the woes of a certain reclusive Cnidarian. While confident in her ability to live up to the moniker of "Stynger", she deemed it best to be profound in her sealed words as she did her eyes. A fleeting jellyfish upon a windy tide.

Akar Mercurius Akar considered the question for a moment. In the end, he supposed his reasoning for being here was rather simplistic... well with exception of a few things. Fixing his black eyes on her amber ones, Akar finally responded in an oddly genuine manner, "I suppose it really just boils down to testing my limits and expanding my magical abilities. As for if I miss my home... I suppose I do... I've never considered it before." He paused for a moment before continuing, he doubted that the Woman in White was naïve to the political workings of Dark Elves, but he explained regardless, "In the Dark Elf Society we have a hierarchy, almost like that of a kingdom or tribe. However our hierarchy is determined by power. At the end of the day, the most powerful family becomes our leader. This is partially because they can offer the best protection to everyone under them. Obviously there’s a number of other things that go into making a good leader, but in the society I come from magical strength is a major factor. Dark Elves have never really been popular creatures... after all we are considered ‘dark’ for a reason.” Akar finished his general explanation of things, pausing and rubbing the back of his neck as if suddenly embarrassed, "Sorry, I doubted you were wanting a history lesson your first morning here."

Interacted: Peckinou Peckinou | Mentioned: N/A​

Last edited:
Rhys Whitlock | Forsaken Dawn Guild Hall, First Floor
Scarlets explanation seemed to ease Rhys mind as he walked to an adjacent table and said, “So necromancy is more than just a favored reading topic?” his tone flat as ever though there was a glint of amusement in his eyes. “Being from Madwood its unlike Akar not to have mentioned your name, he's usually well informed concerning these matters...perhaps I should introduce you?” the undead spared a glance toward said dark elf sitting at a nearby table.

It was just then that a finely dressed humanoid skeleton entered the room on its own accord, drawing more than his share of surprised looks. Rhys observed the interaction between Arcturus and the newcomer with fleeting interest, drawing solace from the fact that the tall man wasn't taken aback by the clearly undead nature. Returning his steady gaze to Scarlet he noted, “Or perhaps I too should heed the earlier advice and attempt to read future allies?”

"My bet is either evocation or enchantment, then again given the structure of the city, I may have to cast my vote for transmutation,"
Lilira's voice carried over and Rhys answered, “High towers...the night sky was clear as well. Divination?” before realizing his thoughts had wandered and asking Scarlet, “What do you think?”

It was a subtle posture change, but it was enough communicate what needed to be to Phos. Mistress Stynger wasn't one for words, and Phos had gathered that much. Best not to press into her, strain the budding relationship they'd established. It was then that Lilira approached them and stepped into the conversation, something Phos was grateful for. While Stynger was more or less done with the conversation, Phos would've felt bad to rotate into another conversation immediately. At least here, it was prompted by the Mistress of the Guild. Luce though, felt bad for Lilira. No doubt overwhelmed by the speed of conversations around the room, uncertain of how many more would follow.

"I can't quite say I'd know, Phos and I learned our trades far beyond this city. Though, I certainly don't forget Phos' excited ramblings when we arrived in this City of Towers. 'Brother! Did you know that the Khorvaire Vier themselves built this city by combining the schools of Transmutation and Conjuration? Proving for the first time that multi-school synergy is viable in the modern world?'" Luce used illusion magic to perfectly match Phos' voice.

Phos abruptly stood up, his cheeks darkened to an almost navy blue.

"Do you have your quest board yet!?" He interjected, attempting to keep comments on that story to a minimum by addressing Lilira directly.

The North World Standardized Quest Board, a mass produced magic item gifted to guilds when they open up. See, each region had a Master Quest Board where people posted quests, and through illusion magic, those quest postings were projected to all Slave Boards in the region. Then, should a group of guild members choose to take a quest, they retrieve the quest from the Master Board through their Slave Board by way of conjuration magic.

Both the Flynn's had finished their food; while Phos took bites of his in more passive moments of conversation, Luce wasn't seen eating a single bite. Their food was gone though, as such they made it a point to make to engage the quests ahead.

"Ah, excellent point, brother. Do you think I could take a lo--"

"You're putting on some goddamn clothes first."

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Last edited:

• otto.medium.png

Following the man to the table, Scarlet responded to his question, "Yes, I suppose in a sense it came naturally to me. My guardian also practiced the magic, so it only added to the interest and development in the subject." She was careful to use the term 'guardian' as there was really no other word to describe the man who took her in. While he was kind and caring he never presented himself in a fatherly way, he was more of a mentor than anything. However, the topic of the Madwood still had Scarlet feeling rather uneasy, not that Rhys had given her any reason to feel such a way. Abandoned at a young age, she didn't know much outside of the small area she lived with the kind mage who took her in. She had little need to venture from there, and little connections outside of the mage and the spirits who frequented their home, so it was unsurprising that anyone from the Madwood would have known her, unless connected to whatever her past must've been before she found herself in the care of the mage. Her colorless eyes followed Rhy's gaze toward the other Dark Elf, while wary of the stranger she was curious to meet someone of her own kind. Returning her attention to the tall man in front of her as she took a seat at the table and responded, "I would be surprised if anyone had heard of me before. Despite my living in the Madwood, I grew up in a more secluded area of the woods, with little reason to travel beyond it." She explained, doing her best to maintain an even tone, hoping to not let the discomfort of the topic show. "I can't say I would be opposed to meeting your acquaintance... Akar? I never really knew my own kind as sad as I am to admit it."

Scarlets long pointed ears perked up listening to the same conversation as Rhys. When he responded her attention was drawn back to him as he questioned her about the subject as well, "'What do you think?'" Contemplating the topic, and what she knew of each school of magic, she quickly came to her own conclusion, "I believe, if we are going based on the city's structure, they likely would teach a combination of each: evocation, transmutation, and divination. The combining of these would seem most effective for the creation and combination of materials to create a structure (evocation and transmutation), as well as the expected outcome of said structure (Divination). As for the overall design, appearance, and intended use of the structure; I can see where the use of enchantment and even possibly illusion might come in. Overall, I suppose it's really hard to say what might be a priority here when it comes to education. Maybe there is some kind of building where we might find the information on schools." Her response was a little more in depth than what was probably expected, but as a studious person there were times when Scarlet couldn't help but go a little in depth when it came to her reasoning.

Interacted: Fenris Fenris Lithia Lace Lithia Lace | Mentioned: Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
When it became apparent that his hand would not grow any heavier, Zael retracted it to rest again at his side. When Zael's focus returned to their conversation, his eyes were immediately drawn to a glimmering object in the possession of Oliver. An inquisitive hum split from his lips as he curiously listened to the blond's spiel. Never before had Zael set his eyes on any currency that barred the slightest resemblance to the shimmering doodad. With no frame of reference, his imagination was left at the wheel; somehow the enigma surrounding the coins worth made it more appealing. From afar, it looked like a simple plate of metal-- but the items sheen made Zael theorize that it may be an extremely refined platinum alloy. It was not uncommon for the wealthier folk to decorate their bodies with jewelry of similar purity and shine... how much then would a slab be worth? The blond did look the type to throw their money around flagrantly, yet they had also claimed that their pockets were empty. There was a small suspicion at the bottom of his consciousness regarding the authenticity of the offer, but the small voice was muted by the screech of greed. "Well, since you're my fellow guild members-- I don't mind at all!" He wore his apprehension plainly in his voice, with a soft crack in between each murmur.

The transmutationist took a long pause and cast his gaze downwards at the table. In truth, he was nowhere close to the thespian image the duo now had of him. It was supposed to be a fun little game to break the ice... and now it was on Zael to affirm their faulty impression. "Oh, I know! Simply close your eyes and imagine the most delicious meal you've ever had. In a flash, I'll make it appear right in front of you!" He spoke with an uncertain tremble to his voice. The scent of fresh food and the sloppy sounds of its consumption were what inspired the idea. His other guildmates that Zael had yet to meet already busied themselves with the cuisine of their guild master. It was now time that they do the same. "I only need to do one more thing... wait just a moment more."

Now, two plates of breakfast were planted directly facing each of the two guild members. It was a random arrangement of items... you could not make something from nothing with Zael's particular school, after all. Furthermore, he had not yet ascertained the knowledge to transmute organic material-- but he figured it could not be any different than the usual process. Still, there remained another issue with his drafted performance. He had no way of ascertaining what each member enjoyed eating, so now he had to do a little guesswork. If Zael managed to make something that they each enjoyed, he would easily be able to explain away any errors made. From a traveling merchant, he had heard that the especially wealthy enjoyed cuisine that common folk would call strange. One such tale included a lord who would extract unfertilized eggs and have his chef salt them. Fish eggs were one of the few items from the merchant's tales that Zael had exposure to; it was his only option. For Khione, he theorized that she would enjoy something cold. From recent memory, Zael purchased a few slabs of frozen water that were infused with various fruit essences and sugar. It would take a sweeter palette to truly enjoy the aforementioned product. He put his trust in the assumption that Khione would be one of the sorts.

This was not the dumbest thing Zael has ever used his abilities for, but it was pretty high on the list. "When you're ready, just shut your eyes." Each one of Zael's palms were pointed towards each of their plates as he focused his mana. In his mind's eye, the picture of a vivid flash of blue and amber light filled his mind. He felt the caress of salt at the tip of his tongue and the wiggle of the bounties of the ocean at the ends of his fingers. Then, he felt the chill of winter tickle the goosebumps building on his skin while the aroma of fresh fruit permeated within his sinuses. The plates underneath the platter of food fluttered at the pulse of mana. The aroma of food wafted upwards due to the building heat, while the space around the plates became aerated with raw magicka.

A loud ear-splitting crack resounded around the table. In a flurry, remnants of the prior meal were projected in the surrounding area like shrapnel. The force of which pulled Zael from his rumination and back into the moment. Pieces of super-heated egg and bacon decorated the surface of the table like confetti. The lines of Zael's lips straightened as he looked at his handy-work dumbfounded and without a word.

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Interactions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Akar Mercurius Lithia Lace Lithia Lace Lilira
    1619472543189.png Cyndoka nodded along with what he had said, she could respect someone who wanted to test their limits and obtain more power, that was also a reason she left home though she wouldn't really tell him that, she didn't want to have to be reliant on her parents to bail them out whenever something got too tuff for them. In truth she did like her home too, but she also felt that exploring the world a bit would also be beneficial to them. When he explained the dark elves hierarchy she only somewhat understood it, she wasn't exactly part of a tribe, her main interactions were usually with her family or Renaques family, though she did understand the most powerful rules complex. Her family had that sort of rule too, where the head of the family title goes to whoever is the most powerful of the family. When he was finally done explaining dark elf society, she couldn't help but be a bit fascinated by it, it seemed pretty similar to how her family operated but on a larger scale with multiple families apperanty. His apology was quickly dismissed by her with a wave of her hand "Oh no it is totally fine, in truth you are the first dark elf I ever met, honestly back home things operate a bit similarly, but on a smaller scale since it is only my family instead of multiple families. The most powerful person in the family becomes the head of the family. Honestly I'm not familiar with the social structures of other societies and what not, but I think I think I'm starting to understand what you mean, Black isn't exactly that popular back home either I would say." She then gestured to black who was sitting behind her without even turning her head, a amused smirk on her face as she did so. Though her attention shifted to the guild master who was apologizing for the shabby establishment, Cyndoka being quick to speak up turning towards Lilira for a moment "Oh the place isn't too bad miss Lilira, I'm no transmutation expert but I do know quite a bit about Evocation, specifically wind if you ever need it!"

Last edited:
Olivier de Lyonesse
KaM2LoG.png
Olivier had always had a bit of a mean streak. He didn’t know from whence it came, but neither did he much care. So when this... Plain man’s eyes lit up at the worthless game-piece between his fingers, some wicked part of him bared its fangs in delight.

"Oh! Of course, darling." He acquiesced when the man asked him to close his eyes, careful to keep his smirk from showing. This was going to be good. And it was... Until it wasn’t. Olivier heard the great Crack! before he felt the hot, wet smack of foodstuffs against his face. His eyes snapped open and he nearly stumbled backwards in his haste to rise from the table. He felt a tremor of rage bubble up from his gut as he reached for the hilt of his sabre. The façade of the friendly-faced blond had dropped.

"You miserable wretch! What is the meaning of this?!" He asked, his voice rising in alarm as he daubed at the gooey slop with a kerchief. He had not fallen so low that he’d be taken for a fool by the common rabble. "Speak quickly, lest my blade speak for me." His fingers tightened around the hilt as he spoke the words through gritted teeth.

Jhin Jhin Lithia Lace Lithia Lace

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•​

It was instantaneous. The moment a word was spoken for the edge of a blade, several blades of ethereal light swirled around Olivier; mere millimetres away from his skin. Luce hadn't even made a single movement, save for his stance change: forward and aggressive.

"Perhaps I misheard you, but you weren't insinuating on violence; were you lad?" Luce's tone was thick and hostile, his voice shattered, like two people fighting over the microphone.

Regardless of the mess that was made of him with this explosion of food, Luce was to see to the success of Forsaken Dawn and goddamnit this was not it.

"You are to pull your hand away from your blade, lest my hand slip."

Still, I'm going to have to clean up again.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Arcturus laughed aloud at the Gul's mention that he didn't want to ruin the suit. He had visualized the thought of the bony giant of a man in combat wearing the suit and couldn't help but let out the humor he found in the visualization. "Yeah that suit doesn't seem suitable for combat, I would suggest getting another pair of clothes if you need to do some combative work, although, with your size I guess it would be difficult, as I have a few problems myself, I have had to give more money to the tailor than I like to admit." He chuckled while rambling. It was then when Lilira made her short appearance to make her statement about Gul, before she walked off to chat with the other guildmates. "Yeah, I didn't want to bring it up, as I thought it would come off as rude, but you know, we all were thinking it, you certainly are a presence here, but you seem well tempered and in my book, I can trust you-"

Arcturus was cut off by the nearby sound of Oliver's aggravated shouting. He soon saw however that Luce seemed to have deescalated the situation, or perhaps escalated it further, it was entirely dependent on how Oliver took it. He decided to keep a keen eye on it. "Well, certainly more well tempered than some of our other companions. We should let them solve it themselves, lest it get more out of hand."

Puppetman Puppetman Mentioned: Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Users who are viewing this thread

Back