• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Lithia Lace

The Restless One

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

It was around early morning and Lilira was in the kitchen cooking up a storm. With the funds she had received from her family in Greenheart she was able to buy an old inn in the city of Sharn that hadn't been used for year's. Of course, repairs had to be made and she had to buy stores of food, drink and other things, but she believed it would fit well for a home for her new guild she had started and one day when they were able they could move someplace bigger but for now she believed the former inn was more than big enough for a starting guild.

Everyone had arrived at different times yesterday, some arriving very late into the night so they didn't really get a chance to meet, to talk, and get to know one another which she felt was important because after all they were a guild now and they needed to get to know each other. And what better way to get to know each other than over breakfast. Personally, she almost thought it was a miracle that none of them got lost in the city, but she supposed that some of them might be familiar with the city, but certainly not all of them, they definitely had an interesting bunch though.

Sharn the city of towers, it was quite a large city, she was almost surprised that it wasn't a capital but thankfully she had lucked out and gotten some property on the edge of town in obscured by the crowded and towering nature of the city, where they could stroll see the ocean and but just towers that virtually formed into walls. She was honestly surprised that the inn itself wasn't some manner of tower...she supposed maybe that was why it wasn't in use.

She figured that some of them might be awake soon so she started to set the tables.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    87vh8vbctq24z90si87sq94lppu7.jpeg
    There is a bathhouse out back
    37db157c6a44fa80055b89cf8177eeba.jpg
    Its just a rough idea it doesn't have to be exact
    z3sjdwdpfd451.jpg
    Sharn_cutaway.jpg

Cyndoka (Woman In White) & Renaque (Woman In Black)
1619331863557.png The city was way bigger than what Cyndoka anticipated, even with how fast her and Rinaque moved they couldn't explore the entire city in one night, which was quite a bummer. Both of them had spent most of the night exploring the city instead of resting, they had more than enough sleep when they were travelling here by ship. Which was quite a fun little experience to say the least, especially with the pirates and all, but the last few days of the trip were really boring and they mostly spent that time just sleeping. Which had now left them with a ton of energy for when they finally got towards the Sharn, so instead of spending of the night sleeping they spent their time mapping it out for reference. It may leave them tired in the afternoon, though but that didn't matter too much, since they were able to familiarize themselves with a couple areas, which may prove useful later on. Honestly it was a miracle that out of the whole night they only got into one actual fight, which was at the end, well that was actually the reason they did end the trip to be honest. It also being the reason why both of them have a few bruises on them, none of them were really serious though since the fight was pretty tame in comparison to when they usually fight, but Cyndoka did have a black eye , while Rinaque had a busted lip. They were both pretty silent as they made their way back to the Tavern or the guild hall for that matter, muttering a few curses towards each other as they headed back. Cyndoka being the first to enter, the Tavern putting on a smile while Rinaque didn't even try to put atleast a fake smile on. Looking around Cyndoka saw that only one person seemed to be out right now and they seemed to be having breakfast, which practically reminded them that they didn't have any as of yet. Cyndoka couldn't help but muse out loud "Oooo so is this a free welcome to the guild breakfast? Hopefully it is, cause if it's not then breakfast will be on you." she said that practically nudging Rinaque who didn't even bother to visibly react only going on to take a seat at a empty table as they quite simply said "I hate you." . Cyndokas smile widen as she sat across the table from her only going on to tilte her head and say in a loving tone "I know.".
1619331928619.png

Last edited:
Bright golden rays encroached through the inn's window and set to rest on a pair of shut eyelids and crimson tresses. The bright glare leaked through the thin, protective membrane of skin and stirred the mind underneath. Zael languidly opened his eyelids and groaned-- morning came too soon. Two amber irises gathered their surroundings, it was a quaint little room with aged furniture and rustic walls. Zael's tongue felt dry in his mouth as he stretched his jaw to yawn. The bed beneath his bones protested at even the slightest movement. There was a tremble in his heart and Zael wasn’t so certain what it was that made his chest so tight. Something was off... he was still overcoming the heaviness of the transition to his new state of consciousness-- yet somehow he felt more well-rested than usual. The buzz of chatter did sting his ears, but its bite seemed idler and less chaotic than what usually rouse him. His head jolted upwards at the moment his mind pieced together the reason for these inconsistencies. Zael palmed his head again and again in frustration-- today was the day he would meet his new guild members!

As expeditiously as possible, Zael dressed in his usual wear: A ragged shirt, a dark coat with golden embroidery, and ebony pants. It took a few tries to get the shirt on the right way, but eventually, Zael managed. With a satisfied expression, he made his way downwards from his guest room into the busier parts of the tavern. Due to his home life, Zael had little time to explore the more hustling hotspots in his hometown. This was his first time staying anywhere that was not his own, so Zael took in as much as he could. It was a tawdry little place that was likely older than he was. The scent of aged cedar gave a rustic but welcoming quality to the inn. The parameter was sparsely decorated with a few vases and paintings; one of which depicted the terrain of a cyan forest that Zael hoped he could one day see in person. The patrons of the inn were sparse, but that only made it easier to locate the leader of the group that Zael was in search of. He needed to only look for who set the tables. Zael took a moment to analyze the two before they could take notice of his gaze.

Two women; both very well dressed. He felt both self-conscious and elated. The reason for the latter was that their more lavish dress meant that these jobs would likely pay well. Zael took a deep breath to erase any further trepidation and took a merry waltz towards the duo. The fragrance of fresh food hit his senses like a volley of arrows, his stomach flipped with both joy and anticipation. The blond woman made her way back into the kitchen before he could greet her, but the other one remained in place. Zael offered a soft greeting with a wave of his right hand so that he would not startle her. "Howdy. Are you also a member of the Forsaken Dawn, by chance?" Zael met them with a soft and questioning smile, though he already had known the answer. Most of the apprehension that Zael felt was gone now, with much of his previous drowse.

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

Lilira has set some more plates and dishes that would allow people to restock their plates if they were still hungry, she wasn't sure what everyone wanted to drink so she just started everyone off with water and orange juice...she really hoped They liked orange juice...who doesn't like orange juice? Well maybe not after brushing their teeth...only a masochist would enjoy that.

Lilira smiled at the two girls at the table and nodded "Yes this is a welcome to the guild breakfast, it's totally on me and I hope everyone enjoys it and we all get to know each other a little better. Oh by the way my name is Lilira and you two would be?" She asked the two hooded women. They had quite an interesting look to them...it was at that moment that she noticed that they were a little...banged up. She blinked a few times to make sure that she was seeing things right and sure enough she indeed did see that one of them had a black eye and the other had a busted lip "Uhhh, are you two okay? Did someone give you trouble out in the city?" She asked concerned for the two.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Peckinou Peckinou

"I was wondering when the rest would show up," Luce entered through the back door, noticing a number of people on the first floor that weren't before. He had only his slacks on. His hair was slicked back, wet. He scratched the towel in his hands into his skull like he was trying to tear his scalp off. "Something smells good, did Phos wake up?"

"Only just now," Phos called from the top of the stairs as he descended, stifling a yawn. "This one's not me." So try to be nice, please.

Forsaken Dawn, Phos was eager to have joined a guild and make some fucks worth of Coll, but Forsaken Dawn itself was lost on him. He only joined this guild in particular because his brother asked. Some kind of favour he said, but what? The City of Towers was a ways away from home; what kind of favour did he owe all the way out here? From the way he talked to Miss Luminara the previous night when they arrived, it didn't seem they'd met personally.

"To see the face is a grace, I've been waiting some time." He told her; which was mad spish.

His thoughts rotating, Phos pinned all the faces in the room as he descended the stairs. His eyes darted around, he found what he needed on each person immediately. In a friendlier setting like this, people weren't so guarded as to hide their tells. The wind follows this one, the one in white; evocation easily. Not that he needed that kind of clue, the fan was enough. He did make note of her injury, though. To get in trouble this early, these two are ridiculous. As for her companion; on a visual level she screams necromancy, but that's not the case: necromancers tend to have a... smell to them. Not much of a talker either, so verbal components would be difficult for her no doubt. Was it illusion or transmutation? No, not transmutation; what little he could see under the cloak told him she didn't carry the tools of an alchemist. Illusionist neither, he could spot an illusionist from a mile away thanks to Luce. She was absolutely a conjurer. A young man having come downstairs from the opposite staircase greeted some of those at what was becoming a popular table.

"Howdy. Are you also a member of the Forsaken Dawn, by chance?" He asked. That was important.

Howdy was a strong word. While the rest of his question was wellspoken--regardless of how obvious the answer was--the distinct use of that contraction 'how do you do' outs him as one who doesn't use verbals often. So then the question again becomes transmutation, illusion, or conjuration? That was answered by his hands, when he waved a greeting. Transmutation. It was a subtle thing, but the somatics of transmutation affected the caster in a strong way. When he waved, his fingers were spread moreso than a normal wave. He probably hadn't even noticed himself. Seriously though, who among us here wouldn't be a member? Finally, he took his seat heading the end of the table; between the two who'd just started their engagement of conversation. The Yuki-Onna. He didn't even have to try.

"Evocation." Phos whispered to himself.

"Practice your pseudo-divination some other time, brother." Luce patted Phos on his shoulder as he walked by. Taking to the head of the other end of the table.

Make to engage in anyway you can, but spread. The faster we learn the better. Luce was taking that end of the table it seemed.

Information is the strongest tool for any mage. The Flynn's delivered on that fact more than any.

"I'm sure they're fine, Miss Luminara. They're here aren't they? I'm sure they gave their fair bit of trouble out there." Luce answered Lilira's question as he sat.

Can't you at least get a shirt on?

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace Peckinou Peckinou Jhin Jhin

Arcturus had woken a couple of hours before dawn and walked out of the guild hall in the dark towards the beach. He always was an early riser, but he attributed that to his upbringing. Today he just wanted to go out and see the sunrise. He walked out in the dark of the night, found a flat patch of earth with a clear view of the horizon, unobstructed by the large, bustling city of Sharn, and sat down on it. Arcturus appreciates the simple pleasantries of life, and often takes time to observe nature around him and all of it's natural beauties. Its one of the reasons he joined the guild after all, he just wants to see the world in all of it's glory.

Arcturus sat their quietly as the stars slowly faded from the sky as the sky was illuminated by the sun rising over the horizon. "Beautiful" he said aloud to himself in a quiet whisper. He laid there admiring the scene, before getting back up to finally formally greet his guildmates, most of whom he assumed would be up at the morning. After making his way back to the guildhouse he walked in and was hit with the aroma of the freshly made food. He was astonished by the sheer amount of food that was cooked in the amount of time he was gone for was incredible. He noted the assortment of curious people filling the makeshift guildhouse. The aura of the place seemed to be getting pretty chaotic as Arcturus has walked around the place. Arcturus himself would seem slightly out of place due to his tall build, and he had yet to introduce himself to his guildmates.

He looked around but at the moment they all seemed to be occupied with each other, Arcturus decided to walk up behind Lilira after overhearing her worried comment about the other two women there. At first he hesitated to but then decided to reach out and pat her shoulder. He was unsure of how physical contact with one of his companions would go over so he decided to test the boundaries in place at this moment. He let out a hearty laugh. "These two seem like mischief makers, they got a little cut up but I can fix if for 'em real quick, I know a thing or two about how to cure small cuts and bruises like this." He then removed his hand from Lilira's shoulder and slowly walked towards the two women.

Peckinou Peckinou Lithia Lace Lithia Lace

Mentions: Noct Noct Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
1619343364467.png They both stared at each other a glare of animosity that was only broken when a womans voice was heard Cyndoka was quick to turn towards the lady with a smile, while Renaque looked towards the lady with a blank look. Cyndoka paying no mind to Renaque prepared to say something back as she finished her introduction but went silent when she asked about if they were ok or not, which earned her a glare from Renaque at the mention of that. Cyndoka nonetheless maintained her smile and began to speak in a cheery voice "Oh ,you could say that, we are fine though nothing that won't heal with a bit of time, just a few bruises after all." as she said that Renaque couldn't help but roll her eyes. Clapping her hands together Cyndoka went on to speak once more "Anyways it's been such a long time since i ever gave anyone my name, i don't even think i remember it most people just call me the Lady In White, or White, while they call her, the Woman in Black or just Black, a pleasure to make your acquaintance Lilian." . Though both of their attention fell onto a man who seemed to be towering in size, you could mistake him for a giant if he had just gotten a little taller, this time Renaque was the first to talk. "I'm not really a trouble maker, though White over here hardly thinks before doing anything." Cyndoka chuckled for a moment going to add on "Well you, atleast i don't spend hours just trying to decide what clothes I'm going to wear even though you're always going to end up wearing that same cloak." Renaque was quick to reply " I never even - You know what, never mind, yes we would be most gracious if you could heal us, it beats buying potions for it anyways.
1619343494637.png

Arcturus chuckled to himself at the sight of the two bantering with each other. It came across to him as almost if the remarks were almost insincere, but that could just be his optimistic interpretation.

He knelt down and placed his hand inches from each of their respective wound with each hand. He then focused his mind and channeled his energy to begin healing their wounds. The busted lip and the black eye began to slowly heal as he channeled his energy towards it, "This might sting a little, but it will save you the annoyance of small, distracting, wounds like these." After the wounds dissipated he placed one hand on each of the women's head and ruffled their hoods with a wide smile on his face. "You two seem like good friends, nice to meet you, name is Arcturus."

Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
This guy is... kind of annoying. Chalk it up to Luce being the way he is, but this Arturus character is not making a great first impression. It may or may not be the fact that Arturus has been standing over him, talking over his head and not regarding him in the slightest. It's one thing to ignore someone--Luce does it all the time--but to be standing literally less than two feet from him and pretend like he's not even there? It didn't help that the lot of them were women. Ah, I see what's going on. Yeah, the physical contact wasn't helping his case.

"So what is it you've cooked up for us, Miss Luminara?" Luce made his presence more obvious.

Goddamnit, Luce. Don't start with this shit. It always turned into a pissing contest with him for the pettiest of shit, and Phos wasn't a fan. Regardless, Phos would let him do his thing, best to take his time and build his own reputation so he can salvage Luce's when it eventually crumbles. Still, he hadn't found a gap in conversation. Stay patient, your turn is soon.

Noct Noct Lithia Lace Lithia Lace

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

Lilira looked up as she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see a very...very large man and she was quite amazed. She didn't think she'd ever seen anyone...quite that big...he was a human right? He looked human, then again there were plenty of humanoid races in the world. She did feel a bit relieved that he was able to heal them, she probably could have if she used draw but what were the odds she didn't draw a single blue card if she did. "Oh, thank you for looking out for them, that's very nice of you," She said when Luce approached her, he'd said something to her before but she didn't really have a chance to respond to it, though she did speak to him and his brother the night before well mostly his brother.

It seemed like a pretty innocent question and simple enough "Well, I wasn't entirely sure what everyone liked so mostly just general breakfast stuff, ya know, eggs, omelets, sausages, bacon, pancakes, I didn't know if people liked chocolate chips or blueberries...maybe I should have just made normal pancakes, I also made some royale eggs and hummus toast which I guess isn't very general but I figured since we're right by the ocean why not? I don't really think I can take credit for fruit but I did cut some up. If there's anything you like specifically, let me know and maybe I can make it next time," She replied, rubbing the back of her head.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Noct Noct Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Peckinou Peckinou

Hummus-Toast-Recipe-5-5.jpg

• otto.medium.png

Scarlet groaned rolling over in bed. She had come in late the night before to a seemingly empty building. Sharn was far from a place she was comfortable in, after all, all she knew were the woods. The tall buildings and busy streets were nothing like she was accustom to; however their small rundown inn was next to the beach which Scarlet did find rather pleasant, and planned to spend some time there this morning. Finally forcing herself out of bed, Scarlet got dressed. She put on a black two piece swimsuit and an oversized shirt to cover-up. She wasn't self conscious per-say, but the thought of walking around in something that essentially resembled undergarments, anywhere other than the place they were meant to be worn, made her feel uncomfortable. She then pulled a brush through her curly brown hair, picked up several of her books on enchantment and necromancy, slipped on a small pair of sandals, and made her way down the stairs. When she reached the bottom she planned to silently slip past the bustling in the room and make her way to the beach, but luck wasn't on her side as she tripped on a warped floor board. Catching herself before completely toppling over, Scarlet dropped her books, wincing as they crashed to the floor and scattered about. There was no way to sneak by now.

Interacted: N/A | Mentioned: N/A

Last edited:
Rhys Whitlock | Forsaken Dawn Guild Hall, First Floor
Rhys stood motionless by a window, gaze cast out toward the rooftops of Sharn. The night had been quiet and his mind had wandered multiple times, occasionally replacing the shingled roofs with the wild growth of the Madwood he used to observe from within one of the Mercurius estates. The memory was one of the oddly sharp ones he periodically had, full of minute details like the bird of prey lazily circling in the distance, dark feathers catching the first rays of sunlight.

Only when a softly muttered curse drifted up from below did his mind return to the present, eyes snapping to the unequal pair of black and white entering the guild below. Ah, it was already morning and if he'd been more attentive the scent of freshly prepared food wafting up from below would have alerted him to the fact. Two long strides carried the tall man across the room toward the door before he halted mid motion. There was no longer a need to wake Akar, was there? They had traveled together but that had come to a close...perhaps it would serve him better to start this new day by making new acquaintances.
-------------------------------------------------------------------​
By the time Rhys stepped into the room the air was practically buzzing with activity, filling him with a sense of excitement that belied his stern exterior. It was more out of habit that he methodically swept the room with a gaze, trying to pick out anything that didn't belong. The one sporting violet skin and hair as white as Rhys own was hard to miss, as was the giant of a man who currently engaged the contrary pair he'd observed entering the guild earlier. Perhaps the two dark elf's wouldn't have stuck out, he had just spent several years among their kin; if Scarlet hadn't dropped her books.

Moving to pick up one of the tomes, Rhys observed, “I think I've seen this one before...” the dark cover and sweeping silver lettering indeed awfully familiar and it took an effort of will not to glance at Akar just then. Instead extending a hand to offer the book to Scarlet he said, “A bit of food might steady those feet and see you through the day without further mishaps.” despite his best intentions his tone lacked any warmth, carrying on flatly, “You may call me Rhys, what may I call you?”

VizsWn8.jpg

Stynger
FDG Halls, Sharn
(open for interaction)
Tremored breath, reticent echoes of a distant past. A mirage from whence the assailant in the night dared took refuge in their false tranquility. Names grew distant, while the most familiar visages seem to appear more foreign from the last time she tried to dream. A sharp sensation took her by surprise, yanking the dreaming jellyfish out of the lucid waters. Memories quickly shattered, as this surrogate body became hers once again. Inexplicable nostalgia, tucked beneath an enigmatic vessel. False as it is true, this was hers now, whether she liked it or not. A warm sensation burned her cheek. Tears befell the confused maiden. She questioned the melancholic shed of emotions, but was unable to make sense of it. The walls around her closed in, encroaching upon her blurry optic. She then made sense of the blinding rays that glimmered beyond the stained windows. Wooden frames that had seen some care to, but strained upon its budget. Simple furniture of birch and lower-grade oak that contrasted with the broader strokes of the dark boards. Needless to say, this was a hospitable shelter. One that was far more accommodating than a stable or beneath an olive tree upon a rainy day. The woman's hand brushed away her involuntary tears and ejected herself from bed. Chatters beckoned her attention, as did the spectacular aroma of a homemade meal. Everything was beginning to come back to the amnesiac.

A fluid twirl of her hands upon her torso, while her feet sashayed back and forth to facilitate her attire. Fabrics of black and white met her pale skin, as she had her linings secured. Ascots locked in place, fashioned in parallel to her detached sleeves. Her heather locks of rogue hair were quickly addressed, as she wove her way down with the final tie. Her hand found her umbrella with purpose, as she carried it with her in a swordsman's blade discipline by her waist. Her immersed eye shot across the room, having secured her bed neatly, as her gloved hands gently ushered herself into the hallway.

With each step taken, the floorboards announced her arrival in the most indiscreet way possible. She studied the contents of the dishes laden upon the table before the other members of the Guild. A sense of uneasiness caught her in the moment. Perhaps she should have awoken sooner to lend a hand in the kitchen. After all, she owed it to the Guildmaster's unspoken tenet of honor to do so for her recent acquisition of employment, and a roof over her head. Alas, perhaps it would only prove to be presumptuous of her to fair along without proper presentations. Even now, these folks are an estranged multitude. In the end, the woman seated herself alongside the others. Attentive eye and ears upon the merrymaking of her soon-to-be-colleagues, yet not a word brokered from the reclusive woman. She belayed her consumption of the grand feast before her, as she quietly studied her peers.

Last edited:
Mentions: Noct Noct Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
1619369863298.png They both instinctively tensed up a bit in preparation for what would likely be a large of amount of pain when he said it would likely sting a bit, usually when they heard that line, it meant a lot. Though the both untensed up when it didn't hurt as much as expected, they had been quite a bit of fights and those were way more painful than the healing they had received, when he was finally done they felt way better. No longer having to deal with those minor wounds the two of them were about to thank him until he ruffled both of their hoods up, a unexpected event that caused Renaque to shrink in her seat and bit and Cyndoka to chuckle to herself. His next statement on how they appeared to be good friends struck a bit of a nerve towards Renaque but she managed to get by with only a eye roll and just saying "Hardly." which promptly earned her a smirk from Cyndoka "Well aren't you just being moody today." When Lilira began to answer a question about what would be on the menu though, they both paid close attention to all the options, which sounded pretty good. They were both pretty hungry from not having had anything to eat in a while Cyndoka was the first to speak up though "Ooooh, I think me and Black would love Chocolate Chip pancakes, bacon and eggs." with any luck Chocolate would be poisonous to a cat sith like her. Renaque knew that to be the case too as she quickly went on to correct that "No, I would rather have blueberry pancakes and you know what White." However Cyndoka just quipped back saying "Well I just wanted you to try new things, you know that Black, you may even like it." "No you want me to try poisonous things, ugh your so intolerable most of the time, why do I even put up with you." .
1619369949422.png

A cacophony of new, distinct voices built onto one another impetuosity. Zael did not take the time to discern which belonged to who-- his entire focus was on the blue-haired woman in front of him. She beckoned to him with an outstretched hand, to which Zael gladly returned with his own. Her grip was tougher than he had expected and more uniquely, it was much colder to the touch than he anticipated. The chill shook his nerves enough to make a small, audible gasp escape his lips. Rather than dwell on it, he simply gave a small chuckle, "Yes! It should probably be obvious, but I figured I should ask. My name is Zael by the way, mind if I get yours?" Zael mimicked her desire to be seated, so he took his seat to her direct right. With a hand on the table and a twist of his abdomen, Zael turned his chair to face her own. "I'm sorry if that seemed random, I assume we're supposed to be trying to get to know one another...but I wasn't entirely sure where to start...so I thought I'd start there." She said. Zael did not yet know her enough to tell if her voice was laced with nervousness, or something else. "No need to apologize. We may be working together in the future, so that is a good idea indeed." In the distance the discordance of a crash resounded within his ears, Zael did not turn his head to look at the source, but merely let out a soft laugh, "Indeed, they are a rowdy bunch... I do have my own game to pass the time if you are interested?" He offered.

Zael dug around in one of his coat's pockets with a free hand. The clank and clatter of metal could be heard by those with keen ears. After a brief moment more, a satisfied expression lit up his features-- his target could now be located in the center of his palm. Finally, he fished out his bounty and put it plainly on display for his new colleague to see. It was a rustic coil that was a tad larger than the regulated size. The corners of the coin were also deformed, giving it more of a pancake shape instead of a circle. "This is what I call my lucky coin. Divination is a paltry trick compared to the work that this beauty is capable of," he spoke excitedly. Zael flipped the coin in the air, only to catch it quickly thereafter to rest between his index and middle finger. "If the coin rolls heads, we will be the closest of friends, if it rolls tails we will be the worst of enemies. What do you say?" Zael grinned amusingly.

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace

Last edited:
Ah, shit. That looked expensive. Phos immediately hopped up from his seat, moving in to aid the newcomer. She'd dropped almost a tower of books on the floor on, he was closest anyway so--

"You alright, lass?" He started, regarding her before the books.

But he was interrupted by someone else moving in before him. Where the fuck did he come from?

Then he caught a whiff of something, a very telling smell. As that man picked up the books, Phos could see the titles: they were books on enchantment and necromancy. That'll do it. Necromancers always had a particular smell, the smell of someone trying to cover up. This new face smelled quite nice, but the fact that she smelled nicer than the rest was the issue. The stench of death is strong, and you're gonna need some strong shit to counter it. Looking her up and down; long shirt, sandals, legs--I'll bonk myself I swear.

"I understand The Hilt Coast is much kinder in the morning--" Phos started, in regards to the tides. The Hilt Coast was actually quite dangerous in the afternoon. "--but you best get some food in you. Read your new allies, the books can be read some other time," Phos then regarded the one who swooped in before himself. "Rhys, correct? I appreciate the assist."

That was what he offered to them, before slinking back. It was best in the early game to focus on a one-on-one kind of conversation; a party of people contributing to one can create some group dynamics that could harm cohesion in the long run. Let them all make judgements of each other separately before continuing. That was his thought process. So when another descended the steps, he made to engage.

"Glad you could join us, lass," He eyed this one up and down, but something was off. "I am Phos Flynn, blood of Apollo Flynn." Though I suppose more people respond to Chariot Master.

Joining her as she took her seat, Phos was starting to get frustrated. She had an umbrella/parasol thing, but other than that he couldn't make heads or tails of her. She was rather beautiful, her hair like a dance of brushstrokes; falling together with a softness that you'd only find in a painting. Her face soft and rounded, while maintaining sharp features. Her eyes had a particular hue; the mana of the world having mutated its peoples, you so often find the most crisp and vibrant of colours. She herself, her colour was comparatively muted; while that told him she wasn't adept at any of the eight schools, it didn't make sense. Otherwise she wouldn't be here. Her lips were thinned, but chalk it up to the tension or anxiety of this unfamiliar situation? Phos couldn't say. Her skin was fair, almost reflective of the light in the room; soft too. He wondered what it would fe--actually, he wondered what the fuck he was on about. What point was I making again? Right, the eight schools. It was the source of his frustration; that somehow he couldn't find any of the schools she was adept in. He'd eliminated a number of them as potential candidates, but hadn't confirmed any of the other ones he had in mind.

"Might I have your name? If any time is the time for that awkward 'getting-to-know-you' stuff, it's now." Phos hadn't made any progress until now, but it didn't seem like Luce was either.

I was wondering when he'd come in. Luce had seen a number of people in passing in the early morning. That Arturus man, he saw on his way out to the bathhouse early this morning. As for this Dark Elf fellow who'd just joined. Luce spent a lovely hour or so in silence with him in the bathhouse, and not a word was spoken. This guy seemed not all dissimilar to Luce himself, which was not reassuring. Luce didn't want to be friends with himself, why would he want to be friends with this guy? Of course, he could be wrong. It was a purely surface-level observation, and he didn't have any pseudo-divination like Phos.

Fenris Fenris Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Last edited:

• otto.medium.png

Scarlet had bent down to gather her books, reaching for the last one another hand got to it before her. Straightening up with the books in hand once more she looked to the two men and found herself slightly taken aback. The exchange had happened rather quickly and before she knew it one of them slipped away almost as quickly as he had made an appearance. He seemed kind enough but left no opening for her to respond. Instead she simply gave him a nod in thanks and turned her colorless eyes back to Rhys. There was something about him that was familiar; but not in a sense that she knew him. It was more of a magical familiarity, however she couldn't quite understand why that would be or what it was. Politely accepting the book 'The Soul Within The Corpse,' she spoke, "What are you?" The question escaped her before she could think better of asking such a thing. It wasn't that she lacked manners, she just didn't often have use of them as she often kept to herself, never really going out her way to make new acquaintances. Quickly shaking her head in an attempt to recover, she spoke again, "Ah, sorry. That was rude of me. It's nice to meet you Rhys. You may call me Scarlet." She responded gazing up at the man.

Recalling his earlier statement about the book, she found it was a bit odd. There weren't many copies of this particular necromancy book due to the unpopularity of some of the older practices in it. There was also the case of old artifacts that the book mentioned, some of which were powerful weapons that could be used to aid in wars, while others were the equivalent of cursed objects. It was often that people when in search of these objects and would end up missing, injured, cursed, or dead; so a majority if not all copies were destroyed, save for a few like the one in her hands. There were a lot of downsides and side effects when it came to some necromancy. For example, bringing someone back from the dead wasn't as simple as summoning their corpse and sticking their soul back in, or creating a new body to host the soul. In most if not all cases, the soul would lose it's memories. There were reports of rare cases in which a soul retained it's memory or regained them over time, but more often than not, they simply didn't remember. Scarlet had never met a reanimated being before but the thought of a soul losing itself due to the selfishness of those who loved them, pained her.

Interacted: Fenris Fenris Yakov011001 Yakov011001 | Mentioned: N/A or Everyone?

Last edited:
"No problem at all, I would hate to see my companions walking around with easily treatable wounds." Arcturus
responded to Liliara's gratitude.

Arcturus chuckled hardily as the two bickered with each other about food. Their nature with each other seemed very childish to him in the way they were acting, it was quite amusing to watch. It was then when Luce had spoken up, up until then, Arcturus hadn't really noticed the man, and was worried he had upset her by not acknowledging her presence. She had remarked about the food Liliara had cooked up.

"Ah... I didn't quite see you there, I was too worried about these two and their injuries" He could sense his attitude toward's him and decided to keep his distance for now with his introduction. "Nice to meet you." He said as he held out his hand to Luce, gesturing a handshake.

Peckinou Peckinou Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Last edited:
Olivier de Lyonesse
KaM2LoG.png
Olivier stalked downstairs and into the rapidly filling main floor, lacking in much of the usual pomp that typically accompanied his entering a room. By count of the crowd that had already started to form, he surmised that he was late... Or would have been, if he didn't already know better than to expect promptness—or, for that matter, any measurable degree of decorum or decency—in a place like this.

He’d slept in, that much was true. A byproduct of his inability to fall asleep at a reasonable hour the night prior. His own racing mind had fought to keep its body awake past the point of exhaustion for as long as it could manage, too preoccupied with any and all matters besides rest... Preoccupied, in particular, with reviewing the events that had led him into this current predicament, the enemies he’d made... Olivier's grip on the modest wooden chest—which was practically the only furnishing his new and oh-so-humble abode had to offer save for the pitifully small cot in the corner of the room—tightening as he thought of them, their faces, each one of them filling his vision before morphing, one into the next, faster and faster until they were a misshapen blur of eyes, noses, and teeth. He imagined their smirking ugliness staining the lavish ballrooms of home, his home, toasting with his wine their own cowardly scheme, secure in the knowledge that at last they’d bested him for the first—and final—time.

Then his thoughts turned to the future. Of a time when he’d rise out of the filth and muck of this ramshackle tavern, ascending to his lost, but rightful station once more, and perhaps even beyond. Of the looks on the faces of his betrayers as he cast them all down, one by one, visiting upon each of them one hundred-fold retribution for this indignity...

Finally, his mind begrudgingly acknowledged the present. His current circumstance, though not ideal, was hardly the death sentence his conspirators hoped it would be. Those sycophants at court all thought him waifish and frail, incapable of fending for himself, but he was neither. To spite them all, he’d prove it. Here and now, he’d survive—and thrive—in this new hell. He would forge it into a thing of beauty, fashion it in his own image, and when he was finished, he’d return home, triumphant. Victorious. It were these thoughts and more, dreams of his return, that finally dragged his addled mind to sleep...

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•​

Olivier, now awake, regretted ever having been born. The tavern-stench—of which Olivier could only assume was a poor, dead soul in the midst of being fashioned into some kind of necromantic poultice—had permeated the parchment thin walls of his squalid cell of a room. His back groaned as it left the decrepit cot. He could not tell the hour, save that it was un-naturally early from the angle at which the light of the sun was streaming in (it was in fact a plenty reasonable time to awaken for most folk). Sour and sullen, he dressed himself in silence before descending the stairs, wearing upon his face a look of practiced disinterest, of detachment (in spite of how much his body protested its being here).

He found himself a couple of future—if only temporary—comrades ( Jhin Jhin , Lithia Lace Lithia Lace ) and decided to begin his introduction. Hand over heart, he bowed slightly to the pair of them, the way a courtier might greet one of his own station. Respectful. Reverant. Whether or not they proved worthy of his deference was yet to be seen (though he doubted it).

"Good morning," he said, in a not unfriendly voice. Wasting no time, and waiting for no invitation, Olivier sat down with them. "My name is Olivier, it is a pleasure to-- Oh! Apologies. I see you're in the middle of some kind of parlour trick?" He guessed, eyeing the coin between the other man's fingers. "Please, carry on." He insisted in a voice that might've been mistaken for sincerity.

Rhys Whitlock | Forsaken Dawn Guild Hall, First Floor​

Between her own efforts, the assistance of Rhys and the violet skinned gentleman's help; Scarlet's books were quickly recovered. Though something still appeared to be troubling the elf. With a bit of sage advice Phos took his leave, earning an appreciative nod from the undead. In the future he would have to properly get to know this helpful but enigmatic man.

"What are you?" it was an unusual yet simple question that gave Rhys pause. It must have appeared as if he was in some way discomforted as Scarlet apologized and carried on with a more formal introduction. After she had finished he allowed an uncharacteristic sigh to escape his lips, “Your honesty is appreciated; though I had hoped my condition wasn't so readily apparent.” Rhys eyes wandered to the iron band around his finger as if the simple trinket had betrayed him.

“This body isn't entirely alive in the traditional sense, I'm sure someone with your reading habits can piece the rest together.” the undead gestured at the books in the dark elf's possession, then as if something had just occurred to him added “Scarlet, do you also hail from the Madwood?” It was an awful coincidence that she should also possessed an interest in necromancy, much like Akar, and shone a new light on his former traveling companions presence. Speaking of which, the scion of the Mercurius family had claimed a spot across the room, marking the dwindling seats a commodity. "Assuming you are willing to take a strangers advice on reading allies, we should find a table."

• otto.medium.png

Scarlet had noticed his attention drift to the ring and with his explanation she flushed slightly pink as the realization of what he was hit her then, her heart sinking slightly. It made sense now why the book might be familiar to him. Scarlet hung her head, "I - I'm sorry." She stated again, speaking more about his condition this time. "I-it's not that it was obvious or anything, it's just... I have always had a... connection to the souls and spirits of the dead..." She explained, trailing off as if there were more to the subject.

Before her mind had time to wander to the past Rhys had asked her a question which snapped her to attention. Her eyes snapped back up to his face, studying his features before responding, "I came here from the Madwood yes." She finally responded. Upon his suggestion for finding a table, Scarlet scanned the room around them. She had momentarily forgotten about the growing crowd of people, of which she would eventually need to acquaint herself with. "Yes, I supposed you are right." She agreed turning back to him. "And it was suggested that I eat." She said recalling both Rhys and the strange man from earlier had suggested it.

Interacted: Fenris Fenris | Mentioned: Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Last edited:

• wvr0s040e9i61.png

"Good morning," Lilira said, greeting Akar as he came to sit at the table with everyone else. She smiled as things seemed to be going well so far, no real problems to be seen as of yet. Although she wasn't naive, she knew this would be an adjustment. Most of these people were total strangers and it would take some for them to truly get used to one another.

Ever since that fateful day, when she learned what had happened to her family...to all the defending lords in the Shadow Marches she felt she had been robbed of everything. Of her family, her name, her birthright, her destiny as she believed it to be at the time. She wanted so much to be like her father to be a defender of the people...she supposed having a guild would be a second chance at that. Of course she knew that each and every one of them probably had their own goals in kind, after all, there were many reasons to join a guild but at the very least they'd be doing some good on the way to...whatever it was they wanted.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
    Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Yakov011001 Yakov011001

A life of servitude to his family kept Zael from seeing much outside of Sharn-- It was apparent the way in which Khione carried herself was different than both the native commoners and the royalty alike, even to Zael. It would be futile to search his mind for an exact location or culture to which it was derived, as the bulk of Zael's studies were focused on magics. The geopolitics of the various territories and races eluded him as a result of this. The differences were subtle, but they were present nonetheless. These differences appeared in the way Khione spoke, the way she gestured, and now, ever-present in the way she bowed her head. Amber irises thwarted their gaze from Khione to the newcomer. Zael tipped the lucky coin to his own chin and did not try to hide his amusement. It was obvious, even to someone as dimwitted as Zael, that the blond stranger did not belong here; what was even more apparent was their clear displeasure at that fact. "Lo and behold, seems I've managed to snag quite a bit of an audience," he chuckled shortly, as he managed to amuse himself. "It's less of a trick and more of divination. It's a way to wring out any answer from the fickle beast we call 'fate'," he quipped, half facetiously, half genuinely. It was just a coin flip for the sake of it, perhaps Zael oversold it a little bit too much?

"When you feel the slightest bit of uncertainty, just take any coin and do as I do," He then placed the coin at the edge of his thumb and gave the back of the coin a rough flick with his digits. The coin soured overhead before landing at the back of Zael's palm. Quickly, he covered the result with his opposing hand. Deliberately, he lifted the hand that obscured the coll so that only he could see... His bright expression dimmed, but only for a moment. The bright glimmer of transmutation magic shone from the base of the coin and bounced off the shadows of his face. An eerie scratching noise was emitted from the base of his palm as the metal changed shape. Zael gave a nervous chuckle, as he waited for a second more so that the simple spell would finish its work. With his task done, he ceremoniously lifted the hand that covered the coin-- now something barely resembling a "head" decorated the visible surface of the coin. "Ta-dah! It would seem that we are fated to be good friends," his voice rang out celebratorily, with a clear hinge of apprehension as he concluded.

From his end, it felt like a decent performance-- yet he still sensed that there may have been a loose end. "The glow was due to a divination enchantment that was placed on the coin by a very powerful sorcerer. But, a normal coll will work too," A plain and shameless lie. "Now, you both have to pay 5 coll each for the show," Zael quickly shoved the coin into his pocket to prevent any further examination by the two. He held out a palm expectantly and gave a thumbs up with the other-- he was well prepared to call the whole ordeal a joke if he were called out. But, some extra coin couldn't hurt... and he doubted that either of these guild members would pine for a meager 5 coll.

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Interactions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Akar Mercurius
Mentions: Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
1619395968820.png Cindoka and Rinaque looked around the place taking in their surroundings after noticing Arturus had left, now noticing that more people had entered as they were busy bickering with one another. Cindoka took particular interest in the dark elves who were the main ones who were obviously not human, she never really met elves before dark or not and they really stood out to her, though there was another person who she took a interest in which was the purple skinned boy, not even knowing what he might be she thought of going over and asking though. Meanwhile Rinaque interest was towards the blue haired girl with a stoic look and polite manners, her demeanor was quite different between most of the people here which stood out quite a bit to her as she wondered more about her. But then both of them snapped out of their thoughts upon realizing that they both were still hungry, so instead of talking they went on to grab their owns plates to grab a bite to eat. Both their plates were nearly identical as they had grabbed blueberry pancakes, eggs and the banana looking hummus toast, this was a type of breakfast neither of them were use to, but then again human food was pretty good. They both went on to take a cautious bite of their food at first but upon realizing how good it was, it quickly developed into a race between the two in order to see who would finish first. That ultimately being Cindoka, who was at that point full, while Rinaque was still eating, not being able to resist the impulse of taking her time to savor the taste of the food. Cindoka took a quick break for a moment to herself before getting up from her seat, and moving in to acquaint herself with some of her supposed guild mates. She then thought about which one she should get to know first one of the elves or the violet skinned boy, it was a hard decision for her to make but she ultimately decided on the Dark Elf boy. She made her way over to his table and take a seat across from him, a bemused smile on her face as she stared straight at him then moving on to introduce herself, "Greetings fellow guild mate, couldn't help but noticed you were all alone here and figured that we should get to know each other considering we will be seeing each other quite often, maybe. Most people just call me the Lady in White it is a pleasure to meet you."
1619398125907.png

VizsWn8.jpg

Stynger
FDG Halls, Sharn
Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires
Stynger had a difficult, but informative time to take heed of those around her. Among the myriad of diverse personalities and crafts, they all possessed a certain calling to this place. By the sinews of fate or humorous hands of the divines above, it seemed that they were called forth as the mundanes for inexplicablly extraordinary feats. The sun has yet to fully emerge from the azure horizon, and here resided the starline practitioner, way out of her elements. A certain voice disrupted her thoughts. Silvery-white hair, skin pigments akin to that of her eyes. Her hands tucked gracefully upon her laps, while her delicate lips parted slightly. Flynn, he called himself, was a studious individual. The fact that he had chosen to interact with this most mundane maiden on the spot was most surprising. She could tell that he had many a thing to be spoken, but kept to himself. The Cnidarian fell her hand upon her bosom, receiving the man wholesomely.

"A pleasure, Master Flynn. The locals call me Stynger, but you may address me however you wish." she replied with a fleetingly deep voice, bowing forward slightly.

There were many things she took to mind, but had reserved from voice. Stynger gave a passive nod to the dark elf as they announced their presence, respectfully heeding their arrival. She then turned back to Phos.

"I have only arrived yesternight, with etiquettes and social protocols unrefined. Forgive me if my scant words may isinuate any sense of uneasiness. I look forward to working with you, Master Flynn." she added, brushing her hair back slightly to unveil her luminescent eye.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back