• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Brock Script Regular

Elwyn watched with horror stricken expression as Yorvik lost his balance and fell off his machine. Dirt billows out from beneath him as he nearly missed the garden. She stifles a nervous laugh, trying not to seem like an asshole, but she didn’t expect this turn of events. “Did I spook you? I’m sorry.” She pauses for a moment. “I guess the weather wasn’t that good after all.” She jokes, knowing it is particularly awful of her, but is unable to stop herself. She reaches a hand out to Yorvik to help him to his feet. It’s the least she can do. Lilith’s voice deters Elwyn’s attention, suggesting the group should speak with the one who posted the quest. She zones out for a second, noticing Lilith’s sickly complexion. Elwyn swears they didn’t look like this a few minutes ago. “Are you okay?” She blurts, second guessing her choice to speak so loud. Light blush crawls up to her cheeks from embarrassment. “Ahem. I think this is a good plan. Let’s get going.” She had been itching for a fight since she stepped into the guild. Her last battle had been mundane at best and not so inspiring. She wondered if this bear would finally be a formidable foe or another disappointment. Whatever be the case, at least now she has people to watch her back and, in turn, she’ll protect them. Besides, how much harm could a bear really do?

Interactions: Coffee Shark Coffee Shark Aravini Aravini Mistory Mistory

(Don't know if Yorvik was indeed near the garden, but I just decided to add it for funsies :D)

Character:Sekeolath'zhin ||Location: Outside Forsaken Dawn Guild Hall|| Interactions: antidesclub antidesclub (Elwyn), Aravini Aravini (Lilith) Mistory Mistory (Yorvik)

Concern was immediately replaced by a moderate level of suspicion. The kobold took a step back from Lilith, instincts screaming at him to flee from the unexpected and almost alien sound projecting from her person. Foolishly, perhaps, he stood his ground as his expression contorted with palpable astonishment. I’ve never heard a human make that noise before. Something’s definitely wrong with her, but I think there might be more to it than exhaustion. Instead of pressing the issue though, the kobold simply nodded, accepting what he presumed to be a half-truth at worst. She had to be sick. His voice could sound pretty weird to him when he was sick too. Sek quickly made a mental note to stop by an apothecary later maybe after the bear hunt and get some medicine.

He followed Lilith outside and stopped to gawk at Yorvik’s machine , a feat of mechanical marvel the kobold had heard tales of before, but had never seen. His eyes widened nearly twice their usual size as he gaped at Hauser in childlike wonder. “Wooooooowww!” The kobold gasped and hopped excitedly like a hyperactive toddler that had consumed far too much sugar. So caught up in his curiosity and awe was he that the little rogue nearly missed out on what Lilith and Elwyn was saying. He had SO many questions, but that would have to wait. They had a bear to slaughter!

They wanted to leave to go somewhere vague. A forest outside the city, he thought he’d heard. “Need to ask man who ask for bear to die, “the kobold said, nodding in agreement with Lilith’s rough draft of a plan, “not know if he want any bear to die or khru bear. Have drihli to pick or want for food or fur.” Draconic words peppered the kobold’s speech , filling in the gaps where no common words existed yet in his vocabulary. “ Ready to go, but no have good bear hunt laraek. Clan use as thesekar-“ he paused, blinking slowly and realizing he'd been speaking some of his native tongue ,” ah…am sorry, ehehehe. Many words in your tongue not know yet. Still learning. Anyway, we go, yes? “

Unless someone else speaks draconic, only Lilith may understand what he just said. Sek has informed them he doesn’t know if the job poster wants just any bear to die or a certain bear. He also said that he’s ready to depart ,but he doesn’t have any bear-hunting weapons because his clan used him as a “watcher” /scout.

edit: removed the redundancy in a sentence and fixed it to flow less awkwardly with the narrative.

Last edited:
Before Crimson could properly introduce himself to the kobold and the pretty redhead who had both ran into him, someone came out to tell them about guild stamps, and the two them took off seemingly forgetting about him. He just chuckled and followed behind to get his own stamp. He waited his turn and eventually got to the woman giving out the stamps. He pointed to his left palm and said, "Put it here and for the color make it white."

After getting that taken care of he headed in the direction he saw the redhead move off to and later he kobold. He found the two of them as well as a young-looking boy and girl near a massive machine. He heard the girl and the kobold say something about going and quickly cleared his throat to get their attention. "Before you head off to wherever it is you are going, I never formally introduced myself and that is a mistake I must rectify." He gave them a collective and finished with a, "My name is Crimson, Crimson Stormheart. And who might you all be?"

Interactions: antidesclub antidesclub (Elwyn), Aravini Aravini (Lilith), Mistory Mistory (Yorvik), Coffee Shark Coffee Shark (Sekeolath'zhin)

• Yorvik could only groan, vision spinning as he stared up to the sky. Damn his short stature. He had often heard jokes of his advantages, but in the end one thing always stood out to him. Heights are...so much more terrifying when you're short.
    Sitting up, he ran a hand through his hair, nodding to the woman as she helped him up.
    "It's...it's fine. Just alittle dazed, I'll be ok... And no...weather wasn't so good I suppose." He gave his best chuckle, and stretched to make sure he hadn't hurt himself, listening in on The lizards conversation.

"Yeah, I think that might be best, if we Get the fine details. We might even get a bonus if we do it proper, like if they're needing the pelts and we bring them in good condition?" He pops his back and sighs in relief, before climbing back up the front of the machine by it's leg, and slipping into the seat. He couldn't help but grin at Sekeo's excitement.

Yorvik always loved it when people looked at Hauser in awe.
    Looking down the path he took up, he figured he probably looks Abit childish climbing up like that... and while, granted, it was only afew feet from the machines standby position, he wondered if it was the best way to get up. Maybe he should add some kind of ladder rungs in the leg...

All plans for later! Digging into his bag for his notebook, he pulled it free and scribbled down the thought, along with the armor commission idea. Too many ideas to memorize, really, so he always had the book.

Checking afew more bits and bobs on the interior, he heard another voice, a deeper, older voice call to them, and glanced over, grabbing a handle as he leaned forward and waved., Before frowning. Did he introduce himself to the woman? Or was that someone else...

"Well hello! Sorry, don't mean to be rude, just checking, but are you coming along? I'm fine with it, and having another...adult with us would probably help with our credibility..."

He said the word with Abit of awkward venom, comepletly contrasting the rest of his demeanor as he spoke to the man, and by extension, the rest of the crew.

"Either way,it's good to meet you! I'm Yorvik! And this hunk of Scrap," he slaps a hand on the round hull of the machines chassis with clear pride in his features. "Is The Hauser One!"

antidesclub antidesclub
    Flintstone Flintstone
    Coffee Shark Coffee Shark
    Aravini Aravini

Last edited:
1620130977095.png

Name: Lilith
Interaction: Flintstone Flintstone
Mentions: Mistory Mistory antidesclub antidesclub Coffee Shark Coffee Shark

Everyone seemed to be in agreement with the plan, surprisingly Sek took a more critical approach, thinking about the specifics of the job, even mentioning how he use to be a scout in his clan. Lizard more clever than he appeared....must be cautious...

It didn't help that they accidentally exposed their true language earlier by forgetting to recast their spells. Perhaps when it comes to the hunt, a little accident may have to occur to keep the lizard's mouth shut. Now that they thought about it, Elwyn also notices a change in them, voicing out their concern during the meeting. They might have to deal with her too.

Before they could leave, the man who Sek bumped into approached them. He was tall and friendly, introducing himself as Crimson Stormheart...he's...looks...appetising...

Yorvik introduced himself first, showing off his machine. He had the right to be proud of it, especially achieving something so advance at such a young age.

"Nice to meet you Crimson," Lilith said. "My name's Lilith, that's all you need to know about me."

The hive pondered for a moment. The man looked strong and resilient, perhaps he will be useful for their little quest. Not to shame Yorvik's mechanical pet, but they would likely need raw muscles for this one. Succulent, juicy raw muscles that are both rough and yet smooth at the same time. He'll definitely be tastier than the others.

"Hey, why don't you come with us? We're going to need all the muscle we need for this quest for ourselves, and you seem to have a lot of it." They giggled. "Besides, you look like you know what you're doing."

HD wallpaper: Ghostblade, WLOP, redhead, red eyes, digital art, anime girls  | Wallpaper Flare

Ailza Bright Demo Regular

Elwyn has trouble hiding her smile when Yorvik informs her he’s alright. She rests her hands on her hips once again and bristles, nodding in response to the reptile's statement about leaving. She managed to take one step away from the guild before a new voice sounded behind her. She turns around, noticing the tall stranger from earlier. She never got the chance to properly introduce herself and she doubts that she made a good impression. Yorvik greets the man accordingly and invites him to join the group, going on to say that “I'm fine with it, and having another… adult with us would probably help with our credibility…" Elwyn hadn’t considered that more than half of the group are seemingly young and on the shorter side. Bless Yorvik and his manners, but she’s ready to fight and anything interrupting that pisses her off. Nothing against the stranger, but the man's timing is impeccable. His height is another thing that bothers her, simply because she’s much shorter and she hates feeling intimidated. If only she was a few inches taller…

Lilith introduces themselves next and Elwyn figures now it’s her turn. “Crimson Stormheart.” Elwyn repeats. “That’s a mouthful, huh? My name is Elwyn Graves. This is Sekeolath'zhin.” She states, pointing to the reptile respectively. “I assume you’re new, same as me. You already have a group or what? If not, you can tag along.” Her tone is far from friendly, not exactly what she intended, but she doesn’t care to correct herself. She figures now that the group's plans are halted, she might as well grab her half-empty snack bag from her pack and stuff herself before her stomach decides to growl embarrassingly again. Dry oats and berries aren’t the most wonderful snack in the world, but they have gotten her through some harsh nights. She does her best to keep unwavering eye-contact with Crimson as she waits for his reply.

Interactions: Coffee Shark Coffee Shark Aravini Aravini Mistory Mistory Flintstone Flintstone

Character: Sekeolath'zhin || Location: Outside Forsaken Guild Hall || Interactions: Mistory Mistory (Yorvik) , antidesclub antidesclub (Elwyn) , Aravini Aravini (Lilith) , Flintstone Flintstone (Crimson)

It pleased the little rogue that Yorvik thought his reasoning was sound because he had grown so accustomed to others scoffing at his ideas and mocking his mental capabilities. He clicked his teeth and made an odd sound like a trilling as his minuscule ego inflated to be about a fraction larger for a whole five seconds.

The man he'd unintentionally bumped into earlier in his haste to be away from the nasty dark elves found them again. And as every introduction was exchanged and his was made for him, he pondered what the man's, Crimson's, intentions were. The others offered to let the man come along for the bear hunt and Sekeolath'zhin didn't protest because the reasons presented for doing so were sound enough.

He agreed that it would be better to have another person with them who was taller and stronger looking just in case. It also occurred to him then that this meant his share of the reward would be less, but he'd take less if that meant the job was guaranteed to succeed and the potential danger to his person was minimized. He wasn't too perturbed either that Elwyn didn't let him introduce himself, it saved them time after all. The fact that she could speak his full name where Yorvik and even Lilith struggled a bit him more than a little.

He waved at Crimson and called out, "Ahlo again! Come hunt bear, yes?"

A scent of oat and berries drifted the way of his keen little snout. Ooo! Did he smell munchies? One of his eyes darted in Elwyn's direction, but he knew better than to beg or steal food from clan-friend.

• Cyndoka (Woman In White)
    Interactions: Noct Noct Arcturus Puppetman Puppetman Gul Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fenris Fenris Rhys
    Mentions: None
    1621121777541.png Cyndoka had left her group mates after a while and spent most of the trip, conserving with the crew and getting a quick nap, most of the crew were a bit friendly to her, some flat out ignored her when she conserved with Captain Moore it seemed that he wasn't really in the mood but she was luckily able to lift his spirits if only a little, not enough to get a crack of a smile though. She thought of asking if Captain Moore would be able to take them back to Sharn once they were done with their quest but she knew that the answer would of likely been no, and would of greatly upset him if he did accept likely to the point where he would want nothing to do with her again, so she decided to not ask, she instead opted to figure that out when the time came. Luckily though it didn't really take too long before their destination was in sight, and Cyndoka rushed to the bowsprit of the ship looking at the town, it seemed to be quite the lovely sight and when they finally docked she ran up the bowsprit of the ship and jumped off onto the docks. It seemed they had finally reached Moonwatch and she was pretty happy about it as well, with her bow and arrow on her back and her maple leaf in her shoes, she practically went on into the town in order to wait for her group along with looking around the town for a bit. It seemed that the town was bustling with activity as of now, many stalls seemed to be open and she only received the occasional glance from one of the towns folk before they quickly went on to carry with whatever activity they were doing.

Last edited:
Zael Grigor
Mentions :
Peckinou Peckinou
Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Mistory Mistory

Zael offered an inquisitive hum in consideration for the concerns raised by the purple cat. It was questionable whether Shanks would be able to restrain the ogre or not. It was true that Zael was the one who sought to fraternize with a beast, but he did not plan on doing so inside the cave. Caverns are an ogre's natural territory. There was no way the critter would even consider reason when it perceives an advantage. Regardless, he would submit to half of the cat's request. "I'll be the bait then. I suppose I'll be taking this 'Shanks' with me. Ol' Rabies here says he has a history with the beast. If the ogre recognizes him and remembers he beat the little feller before, it will see us as less of a threat. I won't talk until it's out, though; it is easier to negotiate from a place of strength," he gave a pointed look in the direction of the Lyonesse.

"Oliver would know all about that kind of coercion stuff. He is the ex-champion of courting people—or whatever it was that walking encyclopedia said about him," Zael concluded with a wink.

His amber eyes lit up at the reappearance of the lustrous gem. At first, he looked confused, but then concern laced his features as Khione's mood deviated from the norm. His brows lowered in tandem with the more somber tone Khione let on. He got the impression that this degree of sincerity was not a frequent display from the Yuki-Onna. It made his chest feel tighter, but he knew this would be the right course of action. Against the smooth sheen of the jewel, he placed the pad of his index finger. "I understand, Khione. The ogre has bled too in this feud. It had a family once, nestled deep within this mine. I think it is better to end the cycle than to fuel it," he lifted his finger from the jewel and gave the Yuki-Onna a solemn nod. "Thanks for putting your trust in me. Wait long enough, and I'll pay it back in full."

"G-Gregor?" His focus snapped back to the wrapped man who so often seemed to demand it; it was best to be on your guard around his type. Shanks' companion, hidden in the fabric nestled comfortably at his neck, was undoubtedly a mimic. Though, Zael was the fool who sought to befriend an ogre—this was not too great a leap. Another beast to which Zael held some familiarity, but how the hell did he befriend a mimic? Concern set in through the wrinkles that formed at his cheeks. "Gregor . . . is he a mimic? What a handsome . . . young . . . boy?" Despite Zael's rudimentary knowledge, he was unable to discern the cloak's gender. "You know, my last name is Grigor. Guess we're kind of similar!" His awkward laugh lowered in volume sharply as it proceeded. "Guess you're comin' with me, Shanks! You too, Gregor!" The enthusiasm in his voice provided a flimsy mask for his budding anxiety. A squat took him to the ground, where he was able to grab hold of one of the looser-fitting bandages at Shanks' visage. He grasped it tightly as he stood, holding it as if it were a leash.

"You and Gregor can see real good in the dark huh? Guess you'll have to be my guide. Let's go in real quiet-like. Think you two can do that?" He inquired to the wrapped man, speaking to him akin to a child. In front of the duo lurked the dark mouth of the ogre-infested cave. All of this travel brought him to this— his first mission. "Be ready to trap the beast as soon as it's out! Khione, you can have my lucky coin if I die. Oliver, you can have my boots. Black, you can have my coat. Good luck. After you, Sir Shanks."

Crimson smiled at the group introduced themselves to him one by one. First was the young-looking boy, Yorvik, who also introduced the machine near him and said the word adult with an oddly strong distaste. He'd have to file that last bit of information away for later. After him, the young was the girl who called herself Lilith and who seemed to not want to talk to herself too much. Yet another oddity to file away for later. However when she mentioned his muscle that went straight out of his mind and he couldn't help but flex a little bit to show off (he wasn't too proud not to admit he took great care of his body, after all). The next to introduce themselves were the pretty redhead and the little lizard man. "You say my name is a mouthful and then say the single name in the group with far too many syllables for me to reasonably remember," he chuckled in response to the former and then turned to the kobold and asked, "Can I call you Sek instead?"

He then addressed the group as a whole with a wide smile on his face, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances. I would be more than happy to lend you my strength on your quest. I think I heard something about slaying a bear?"

Interactions: antidesclub antidesclub (Elwyn), Aravini Aravini (Lilith), Mistory Mistory (Yorvik), Coffee Shark Coffee Shark (Sekeolath'zhin)

Scarlet Mortem Sig..png
    sky1_by_wlop_dehzm7q-fullview.jpg

Much to Scarlet's disappointment the group didn't stay long in Moonwatch. They spent sometime talking to the locals about the best route to Ringbriar as there wasn't a direct road or lightning rail; and eventually learned it was best to forge their own path walking along the Graymoon River, or to take a few small boats upstream. Once decided the group set out once more, finally reaching Ringbriar around sunset. The village was very small and quaint, nestled in open plains a little ways from Graymoon River. Despite this, the small village still had an adorable and homey feel to it. The open fields and nearby water also made for a rather appealing scene.

Once more Scarlet couldn't help but be in awe of the sights around her. In one day she had gone from knowing nothing but the Madwoods to seeing the sights of towering buildings, wide open and glistening waters, and now an adorable village in beautiful open plains next to the babbling of a river. She couldn't help but wander a little ways from the group, careful not to go too far and get lost this time. All around the villagers of Ringbriar busied themselves with tending to their local crops, fishing, and doing an assortment of different tasks; while the village's children ran and played through the open fields around them. Eventually an elder man came forward to great their small group, he looked to be the one in charge of the village and likely was who put out the quest for assistance. Returning to her companions Scarlet waited patiently as the man recounted the details of the quest, and offered the group a place to stay and food for the night upon completion of the quest. When some of the party showed concern that this offer was meant as a replacement for the original reward, the village leader assured them that they would still receive the reward that was agreed upon as well. When everything was said and done Scarlet turned to the group and spoke, "Well, I suppose we better get to it. Unless anyone is in need of stocking up on things before we go." Though she wasn't sure there was much in the way of weapons, armor, or potions in the village...

Interacted: Fenris Fenris Peckinou Peckinou Puppetman Puppetman Noct Noct | Mentioned: N/A

(Sorry for the time skip. Also anyone can take over as the old man or add dialog to what he has to say. Overall just wanted to speed things ahead a bit.)

Last edited:
thumb-350-1111065.png
Ailza Bright Demo Regular
Elwyn chuckles at Crimson’s flexing before quickly clearing her throat and wiping away any lingering humor from her expression. Avoiding eye-contact with him and wishing the earth would swallow her whole, her gaze somehow falls on Sekeolath'zhin, noticing how he’s eyeing her bag of oats. She had wanted to keep her stare with Crimson, perhaps she thought it would somehow intimidate the tall man, but it’s too late. She’ll just continue to steer clear of his eyes, not that she can properly meet them anyhow. Redirecting her attention, she figures Sekeolath'zhin’s probably hungry as well, considering she has no idea when the reptile had arrived at the guild himself. There’s only a handful of her sustenance left, but finds herself holding the bag out to him. She’s never had an opportunity to give someone a gift- she just stole from people without remorse. Although, she doesn’t think this counts as a genuine gift. “There’s not much left, but here.” She isn’t taking no for an answer either. It isn’t a common occurrence for Elwyn to be considerate so it shouldn’t be taken lightly. Not that she expects everlasting thanks, but it’s more that she gave up something she wanted out of compulsion. The way her parents raised her is not reflected in her inadequate attitude, but shines in small, simple moments- moments of weakness, as she calls them.

"You say my name is a mouthful and then say the single name in the group with far too many syllables for me to reasonably remember,” Crimson’s chuckle draws her attention once again. Must she always forget her plans? Whether to acknowledge Crimson’s existence or not, she can’t stick to either. “Do I detect a hint of sass in your voice?” Elwyn replies, crossing her arms and tilting her head slightly. “I think Sekeolath'zhin is quite easy to remember. Yours on the other hand… ah, what was it again? Christian?” She herself doesn’t understand why she must challenge a man twice her size, but again, she never said she was smart.

Interactions: Coffee Shark Coffee Shark Flintstone Flintstone
Nearby: Aravini Aravini Mistory Mistory

aaaa.png

Rhys Whitlock | Moonwatch >>> Ringbriar​

The rest of the trip on captains Moore's ship was a peaceful one. Rhys spent most of the time starring at the port in the distance as it slowly inched closer, growing from a dark spec into a perfectly serviceable trade port not unlike the one they had left behind in Sharn; though it lacked the steep cliff side and towering spires. The undead mans companions seemed equally lost in their own thoughts, some retiring to quarters to rest while others were enthralled by the endlessly rolling waves or striking up conversations with the crew. Their stay in Moonwatch was equally uneventful, though it took a few tries to coax information out of wary locals who occasionally cast a suspicious look at the more unusual members of the group.

It wasn't till Ringbriar itself came into view that Rhys had the uncanny feeling of deja'vu, putting him on edge despite the peaceful scenery stretching into the distance before them. Despite his fears there was no imminent attack or bloodcurdling scream forthcoming this time about and the party was able to comfortably make it to the village. When the elder reiterated the mission and offered accommodations for the night, Rhys cautiously inquired about the price of such hospitality; which only proved overly wary when the elderly man dismissed such notions in an almost fatherly tone.

“With those winged beasts harassing traders and others packing their things and hiding behind the walls of Moonwatch we don't have much, but just ask if there's anything you need. Everyone here would be happy to help in getting rid of those vicious harpies!” there was a distinctly bitter tone as the old man offered what little help the villagers could muster. Rhys studied him, wondering if the man had lost family or friends to the dangerous beasts, before agreeing with Scarlet's statement, “I'm ready to begin.” Turning to the group he noted, with the slightest hint of a sheepish smile, “But I've never hunted harpies before, how do we find their nest?”

• The lad gave a grin, mentally pumping his fist as he looked over the small crew they had thrown together. Even for a simple bear, he could see the advantages the group brought.

Nodding to their newest addition, he throws a thumbs up.
    "yep! One of the missions from the board. A meager amount of coin, but seeing as afew of us could probably manage on our own, it makes sense. But it's a good chance to get used to work in a group! I say taking these small quests is probably best to get a feel for each other. If we all stick around we'll hopefully be working together for a long time!"

With a smile he settled back in his seat, and gripped the controls with barely contained excitement. He oh so loved this rush, as he felt the Mana shift at his touch. After a beat the machines innards began to glow with magic, and rose to it's full height of 9 feet. While not the largest entity, it's stature was intimidating to say the least, even as it hunched forward into an ape like stance, bracing it's large fists in the dirt.

"Well then, we should be off! Lillith! You know our destination, no?"

Aravini Aravini
Coffee Shark Coffee Shark
antidesclub antidesclub
Flintstone Flintstone

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Jhin Jhin
Peckinou Peckinou
Lithia Lace Lithia Lace

1620130977095.png

Name: Lilith

Interaction: Mistory Mistory
Mentions: antidesclub antidesclub Coffee Shark Coffee Shark Flintstone Flintstone

Crimson made a...odd reaction.

Upon Lilith complimenting him based on his looks, the man proceeded to flex his muscles, seeming to show himself off towards them and the others. Should we be...flattered...excited...or disturbed...

Before they could decide on what emotion to respond with, the man spouts out comments regarding Sek's name, prompting a response from Elwyn that was...less than friendly. Oof...

Yorvik looked to be very excited, happy to have a new member in their group, still believing their mission would be small. Poor child, the hive thought. What were they doing? Were they really going to put these people's lives at risk so they could eat?

...Yes.

The excited boy looked towards them, asking if they know where their destination was.

"Yeah, I pretty sure I know where we're supposed to go, I visited the city where the alchemist lived once," Specifically the forest outside, "Let's get going, we don't want to be hunting that bear after dark do we?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

1621235650097.png

Leaving Sharn was of great relief for the Hive. They hated cities, too crowded and too noisy, not to mention the toxic atmosphere of the place. The road leading to yet another city was something they desperately wanted to avoid.

They insisted on taking a route through the king's forest. Sure you can use the road so they can be taken by a carriage and thus save a lot of time travelling, but that would cost them coll and it was very likely they were going to be ambushed by a gang of bandits. The King's Forest was thick of trees, shrubbery and greeny. No bandit would be bothered to attack them there. In terms of travelling, the forest provides a quick shortcut by allowing them to go straight towards the desired city, as long as they don't get distracted of course.

The King's Forest was a colourful place, filled with a diversity of plants and animals. From the smallest of dandelions to the mightiest of century-old trees. From the beautiful bugs glowing with a vibrant blue to the darkest of birds singing their death rhythm. There were rumours that you could hear an old man weep if you stand perfectly still, echoing through the forest like an orchestra of music. No evidence had ever proved this phenomenon. The hive didn't know the whole story, but it involved a sad ruler passing away alone in these very woods. There was so much to discover within this place, but the hive's only interest was satisfying their hunger.

They walked behind the rest of the group, not wanting them to notice their growing sickly nature. As they continued to move, more and more of them dropped dead, leaving behind a trail of dead soldiers. This was a normal course for their kind, they only really feed when their hunger at its strongest as it allows the old and weak to perish. However, being forced to be in their human form for long periods of time and not being able to feed immediately was tiresome.

More and more they saw their ally less as companions but more as prey. Though it was difficult to decide which meal to go for, all had their unique taste and structure.

Last edited:
Olivier de Lyonesse
KaM2LoG.png
Olivier let his false countenance of glib contentment drop for the briefest moment as he heard Khione's plan--and her proposed addendum to their payment scheme. "Oh, please. Do I look like I'm in need of your charity? Take my share, throw it in the river, Hells, give it to the bloody urchin for all I care.” After a pause--and after making a big fuss full of huffing and folding of arms--he added, with practiced nonchalance. "... Ahem. Sincerest apologies. I am not typically in the business of accepting charity, you see... Though, I would be happy to take the dusty old trinket as my share.” He could think of many uses for an item such as that...

So it seemed he was going by Oliver, now? How droll.

Olivier shot Zael a feigned facsimile of a smile in response to his barb, curious to see whether he'd said it in jest, or if he'd actually been trying to rile him. In either case, Olivier had had far worse vitriole flung at him from far fouler mouths. And these words came with a wink, so. There's that.

"Ehm, that's close enough, I suppose.” He answered cheekily.

Olivier turned his nose up in disgust as the creature looked at him, and what was more, seemed to be trying to communicate with him. Still, there was no sense making a fuss over it now, considering the circumstances. He figured he could play along a bit, if only to assuage his own boredom. Hopefully he wouldn't have to wait long. Hopefully Zael and--actually, just Zael--came screaming out of the tunnel with an Ogre in tow, and then he'd finally get to have some fun.

"Hmph! It should be so lucky to get a taste of me.”

Trust me, darling. If one of us is getting eaten today, it isn't going to be me.

All smiles as he rested a hand on the hilt of his sword at his side, Olivier called out to the odd couple as they made their way into the cave.

"Best of luck, you two! Try not to die before you lure it out to us, won't you?”

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace
Jhin Jhin
Peckinou Peckinou
Mistory Mistory

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•​

Last edited:
Character: Sekeolath'zhin || Location: Forsaken Guild Hall -> King's Forest || Interactions: Elwyn ( antidesclub antidesclub ) Nearby: Lilith ( Aravini Aravini ), Yorvik ( Mistory Mistory ) , Crimson ( Flintstone Flintstone )

When Elwyn took notice to his gawking at her snack, he shrank away instinctively, but when his expectations were subverted, he cocked his head to the side like a confused dog and just stared at the offered bag of remains. The concept of sharing wasn’t foreign to him, but a rare experience. Yet it only took a breath’s hesitance before his grabby little claws shot forward, his movement so fast that to most eyes it would have been perceived as a blur, and snatched the bag from Elwyn’s hand . He tilted his head back and emptied the contents of the bag into his long, greedy little slavering maw . Not a single crumb was shown mercy! “Si vinxa!”

ooc translation: “I thank you!”

Elwyn’s reaction to Crimson seemed a bit …rough around the edges. Maybe she’s still upset because he knocked into us. Or maybe they have a history?Or maybe she saw his flexing as a challenge? Perhaps questions he could ask later if her mood continued to seem unprovoked.

The rogue nodded at Yorvik’s words; he’d been thinking nearly the same. And then he watched in awe as Yorvik climbed into the metal beast and, moments later, it came alive! The flight instinct ingrained into Sek’s personality drove him to hide behind Elwyn as Hauser rose to its full height. Seconds later he calmed down though when he realized that Hauser wasn’t coming to trample him. He poked his head out from around Elwyn and gasped excitedly, “Wooooow! Svabol ui batobot youwe? Ini wer darastrix ui ulph altiuiri! Coi ui shasva!”

ooc translation: what is that thing? By the dragon’s wings! It’s amazing!”

When Yorvik asked if Lilith knew where they were going, Sekeolath’zhin still trusted Lilith’s assurances even if he doubted her physical capabilities in her state.

Before they left Sharn, Sek requested that they stop by an apothecary, making up an excuse that he needed some medicine for himself because his scales felt ‘itchy’. He told them to go on without him, refusing to let anyone go in with him and insisting that he’d find them at the northern gate in short time. Ten or fifteen minutes later, the kobold returned to the party, holding a small vial of semi-translucent golden fluid in his small hands. He immediately tucked this away in his bag and fell into order, keeping the others in his sights always. He trusted them, but not enough to put his back to any of them. They’d only JUST met after all.

Once the party had left Sharn, Sekeolath’zhin felt a little more at ease.He found himself agreeing with Lilith’s insistence that they not take the main road. It wasn’t just the bandits he was worried about ,however.

While the King’s Forest wasn't the same as the Towering Woods he’d spent most of his life in, the wooded areas were always preferable to the crowded cities of the softskins and he had passed through them, skirting the edges and keeping the roads from his sight.

Sek’s attention was all over the place. Even though he felt much safer outside of civilization, that didn’t mean he felt comfortable enough to let his guard down. His eyes darted around, scrutinizing every leaf, rock, branch, and creature the party encountered. His hearing seemed to be focused on the forest itself more so than his companions, his head suddenly jerking around whenever he heard the cracking of twigs or leaves. Sometimes the sounds came from his own big, loud companions. Only Lilith seemed to be quiet and she had managed to fall behind. Now that really concerned him and he made a point of keeping an eye on her. She was looking more haggard by the minute.

If she was ready to collapse , he hoped the medicine he’d bought would help. If only he knew…

ooc: Not a great post, but I'm sick and this is the best I can do tonight. :(

Scarlet Mortem Sig..png
sky1_by_wlop_dehzm7q-fullview.jpg

“But I've never hunted harpies before, how do we find their nest?” Scarlet turned her colorless eyes to Rhys and gave him a gentle smile. She appreciated the honesty on the matter. Attempting to answer his question Scarlet spoke, "I can't say I've hunted a harpy before, though I would suspect its not much different than hunting a normal bird... however, from what I understand, Harpy nests aren't often concealed very well... due to human and animal remains, and the size of the feathers littering the ground." Her voice was kind as she explained. Pausing only briefly before continuing on, as she explained all the knowledge she had on the creatures. Despite having never encountered any before, she had read about them in a few different books. "From what I've read, they tend to hunt in flocks. Typically flying high above their target before diving swiftly to strike their victims one by one, before soaring back up out of reach again. In most cases they usually use their wings or their sharp beak and talons as weapons to attack as well." A smile once again returned to her face as she continued to stare up at the undead man and spoke once more, "I doubt they should be too much trouble for you." She said in reassurance, recalling his abilities that she had inquired about earlier that day. His ability to sense incoming danger should be exceptionally useful to him. Though... a net might be a useful tool to some of their other companions. She knew little about the rest of the group's abilities, though she doubted they would be incapable of handling themselves. The height of the three men might prove to be advantageous during the quest and Miss white seemed like a rather knowledgeable and capable being as well. Scarlet had her own knowledge on the harpies as well as her ability to hunt. She had little worry that anyone would have any issue.... though it was rather fortunate that both her and Arcturus had an inclination towards healing magic, should anyone get hurt.

Interacted: Fenris Fenris | Mentioned/Nearby: Peckinou Peckinou Puppetman Puppetman Noct Noct

Last edited:
Arcturus had gotten off the ship with the rest of the group after his short nap on the ship. He was awoken by the shouts of hollering of the crewsmen. Soon after he found himself following the group, and learning more about the whereabouts and the situation from the elderly man. He was certainly wary of the situation and kept a keen eye on his surroundings, be it paranoia or over cautiousness, he remained focused even throughout the discussion. He began to play out further scenarios in his head of what would happen when he would meet the harpies.

However, he kept thinking it would be awfully inconvient to reach them, they can fly, after all. Should the group wait for them to strike and catch them in the act, or should they instead fight them from afar? The question was not a simple one. It seemed the group was more accustomed to close combat, from mere looks, but in a world of magic looks can often be decieving. He let out a sigh and finally spoke up to the group. "Speaking of their wings, they fly, right? How on earth do we get ahold of em, do any of you specialize in further ranged magic?"

mentions/interacted: Fenris Fenris Peckinou Peckinou Puppetman Puppetman Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires

Vicky Rast Sig..png

8ccec8fd30c39b646aa94c116ab17ec8.jpg
Interactions: Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires (Akar) | Mentions: Fenris Fenris

After they finished speaking with the old man, Vicky followed Akar to an old crumbling wall where she sat on the ground. Leaning back against the small wall with her weapons placed on the ground with in reaching distance, she decided to keep her complaints to herself, instead focusing on another topic of discussion. “I’m still surprised to see that the family guard dog was let off his leash…” She stated in reference to Rhys. It was unlike the Mercurius to allow good help go. “Was that the elven girl you and your family are always on about that I saw with him?” She couldn’t help but wonder how much information the undead man had learned about the Mercurius family over his years working for them. Mainly whether he knew anything about the Mortem girl and her real identity, and whether he knew about the Mercurius and Rast plans. It seemed like a rather large loose end for the families to leave running about. “Are you sure you can trust his intentions?” She finally asked.

The Mercurius weren’t ever necessarily unkind to the man, though there was little that Dark Elves viewed as ‘unkind.’ It wasn’t uncommon over the years for help to hold disdain for those they served; especially those of the Rast family. She was certain there were a few rather displeased with their employment with the Mercurius family as well… though, it wasn’t often that anyone saw any of them again. Regardless of whether Rhys knew anything and would remain loyal to the Mercurius family, it would be interesting to see how things would unfold.​

Last edited:
aaaa.png

Rhys Whitlock | Ringbriar​

When Scarlet shared her knowledge of harpies and how to hunt the winged beasts, the undead couldn't help but find himself surprised. While neither of them had encountered their prey before, she was far more knowledgeable on the topic; perhaps it was due to the books she tended to carry around? Making a mental note to ask about it at some later point he nodded, “If they rely on surprise strikes they will find me a difficult mark indeed.” then paused and added, “yet their ability to soar out of reach remains troublesome.” agreeing with Arcturus assessment.

“If we find their nest we can probably force them to come to us, other than that perhaps the villagers can spare a bow?” Rhys suggested, well aware that his own abilities with a bow were lacking at best and he'd have more luck trying to throw his dagger or even a stone for that matter. “Or we focus on protecting those who can strike out at range. Either way we should get going soon if we don't wish the hunt to last into nightfall.”

With a glance around to ensure non of the villagers remained in earshot he focused his attention on Scarlet. “Do you think you'd be able to determine a rough heading or whether we're getting closer to the nest?” he didn't mean to place all of the responsibility on her; but perhaps her ability to sense the spirits of the deceased could guide them. After all the nest sounded like a miniature graveyard in its own right; a not entirely pleasant thought when hunting its architects.

Character: Nymzyr || Location: Forsaken Guild Mess Hall || Interactions: HandsomeJack HandsomeJack (Reed) , Lithia Lace Lithia Lace (Zilyana) ||Nearyby(ish): HandsomeJack HandsomeJack (Azrael)

Nymzyr arrived several hours later than the initial crowd, but that was fine as his appearance wasn’t expected. Finally leaving the unbearable sunlight behind him as he stepped through the door ,he withdrew the cowl of his cloak and revealed his grey-skinned head shaven clean. His crimson gaze made a swift once over the almost empty guild’s mess hall,taking in the modest furnishings and worn structure.

Plain and inconspicuous. Preferable. Yes, I think I might be able to work with this, he thought as his graceful gait took him past three long, rectangular tables. A few times he’d encounter a wayward chair and pause for a second. No. Don’t. He tried to fight his impulse internally, but his will was no match and he surrendered to it. Damn it. Just can’t resist, can you? This chaos he could not allow to stand; a short, exasperated sigh quietly escaped him as he pushed one chair, two , three to their rightful resting placement. And instantaneously after he felt an irrational sense of relief filter through him. Trivialities aside, the dark elf resumed his way forward, passing the stairways leading to the upper levels.

Looking left ways, he noted two individuals idling beside what looked to be a bar of sorts. At this range, his keen ears picked up on the essence of their mundane exchange. The man, a towering and brawny human who had a bit of a chiseled workman’s look to him was clarifying his plans for the building’s renovations. The red-head woman the man was talking to had a striking appearance . Well, that IS interesting. Just what are the odds? Another elf. Of course there would be at least another here. It wasn’t that he was deluded into thinking himself special, but rather that he figured the elves in general had better standards than he did. Was this female in charge then? Her commanding posture certainly seemed to suggest as much to his perceptions.

ooc: I couldn’t find any definitive descriptions of what Zilyana looks like so I don’t want to assume anything here. My apologies if I missed something.

Nymzyr froze when he was several feet away from the bar and stood there quietly waiting for the current thread of discussion to conclude. He may have been a criminal, but even he had some manners.

At that distance, if Zilyana and Reed were to take notice of him, they’d notice that a shorter male dark elf man dressed in simple yet tastefully tailored robes dyed in midnight blue with thin ,but visible threads of silver and white weaving intricate geometric patterns throughout the breathable, durable material. Beneath the robes he wore a simple long-sleeved light grey tunic and matching pants that contrasted sharply against the darker grey of his complexion . An eye patch matching the dominant color of his robes hid his left eye. His face might have been handsome once ,but the flesh was marred by an impressive collection of scars that he chose not to hide because wasting a spell for vanity’s sake wasn’t really his style.

Nym leaned heavily on his staff, trying not to look like a winded old man leaning so dependently on his "walking stick", but he couldn't help himself. He wasn't frail, but he'd traveled quite the distance the old fashioned way. He looked very much like he needed a glass of water to take a load off.

ooc: I'm totally fine if his presence isn't acknowledged for a post or two. No worries!

Cyndoka (Woman In White)
Interactions: Noct Noct Arcturus Puppetman Puppetman Gul Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fires Scarlet Fenris Fenris Rhys
Mentions: None
1621647607034.png Cyndoka had taken the lead in getting to their destination, but she didn't really do much when they finally got to Ringbriar and it didn't take that long before they were prepared to begin their search for the Harpies. Cyndoka felt that she might be the most experienced when it came to dealing with them and she knew what to expect, even thinking ahead to bring her bow with her as well. At first she wasn't too focused on making a strategy, she figured she would just charge in shooting at the harpies. She particularly listened in to Scarlet and Rhys conversation, she couldn't help but smile as they spoke, it seemed that Scarlet had a bit of book knowledge on harpies, she honestly didn't know too much about harpies book wise. Most of the time she would just charge in not knowing or caring about what they were fighting, she would learn about them as they fought anyways. But since Rhys and Scarlet were so dead set on discussing the topic she figured she might as well put her own input in there as well. "Well I can handle them when they fly into the air, I can jump pretty high plus I have this bow, but Harpies tend to either fight more aggressively or flee once you kill one in the air. They usually will target the weakest ones first but if I kill one in the air, then they will likely target me. Anyways I say we should get going now, we can discuss more about our Harpie friends as we are on the hunt for them, maybe if they hear or spot us first they may even attack us! Also do keep your guard up and note not to be too distracted, Harpies like to swoop in and attack when you least expect it." She had said all that with joyful tone as she was invigorated with the Hunt for their little Harpies now being their priority at least, they trip took quite a bit of their time and she was finally ready for some action. With her bow and arrow equipped on her, she eyed the towns gate with a sinister smirk as if ready to kill.

Ceremonial2
Streamster
“Halt!” Luciana yells above the roaring wind. Nemean, her loyal pet lion stops, his paws skidding roughly against the ground. Luciana slightly flies forwards, managing to fist her fingers in Nemean’s mane to steady herself. “Maybe not so abrupt next time?” The lion huffs in response, shaking his head. The area surrounding them is bare and mundane, lacking a single soul. She pulls out her map and stares at it, waiting for the red head’s location to jump off the page. As quickly as it had shown the girl was here, she is now somewhere else. “How is she avoiding me so easily?” She asks aloud, waiting for an answer but there isn’t one. Sighing, casts her location spell once more, refusing to let some human girl win. Inky black ooze soaks through the paper, inching away from prior, empty guesses. “Sharn? Why would she be in Sharn?” As Luciana stared at her map in disbelief, noticing the drop of black continues bleed through the printed city like a plague. “Nemean, forward. We have to move before she gets too far.” The lion surges down the path. Luciana can tell Nemean desperately wants to find the thief just so he can take a nap, but she’s far from done. She’ll make that human pay if it’s the last thing she does.

Luciana holds onto the lion with her thighs, using her hands to slide on giant claws made of metal. The thief is close now, Luciana can feel it in her bones. She will find her and bring her to justice, and rub her victory into the demon’s faces at Raven court. She knows they doubt her and talk dirt behind her back, but this will prove her worth. At least she hopes. She can’t make anymore deals at the moment thanks to the red head and oh, how she loves to trick people. This whole situation is rather bothersome.

(This is before Elwyn left the guild on a quest so her map says she's still in Sharn)

Khione
WbW31dJrQD50sCsTfVxjdjrMmm6X55JpDpS9nMozxfQ.jpg
Khione looked at Oliver...he had quite the hot temper didn't he? But she supposed she should be thankful that he didn't draw a blade on her or that his outburst didn't seem to last long "Charity isn't the word I'd use for it, but if that's the way you feel about it then I suppose I can't tell you otherwise. If the lantern is all you want then so be it," She said...honestly she didn't expect him to give up his share of the reward just for the lantern, but then again Oliver did seem...well off from his appearance.

Zael on the other hand, seemed to be very adamant about saving this ogre, she didn't disagree with the notion after all Oni were a breed I ogre in her homeland...but he showed a fair amount of wisdom and maturity in his words. It was a bit strange to see, given his antics from just that morning and how naive and oblivious he seemed to be of Oliver's attitude, but perhaps she underestimated him...maybe he didn't need her to look out for him in this mission. That being said the quickness of which he was willing to leave her his lucky coin and distribute his belongings upon his possible death was concerning, no one would be dying today if she had anything to say about it. She said it once already if it came down to it or them, she was choosing them.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
Jhin Jhin Peckinou Peckinou Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Mistory Mistory
Zilyana Luminara
Ui3VoAj.jpg

"I suppose you're right, Lilira didn't really expect so many people to be interested in joining and established with absolutely no reputation so she believed that this old inn would be enough with some of fixing up. However, we're getting an unexpected influx of members and I'm not sure that even accounting for the third floor that we'll be able to accommodate them all without making people share rooms, and a skin someone to share a room with a stranger seems to be a bit much," Zilyana said and looked up in the direction of the roof "I can provide you materials for that...for the most part anyway, I'm an alchemist and I can accelerate the growth of plants including trees but anything else not in the categories botany or hunting I would need to buy or have someone else gather," She explained as she looked over a book that seemed to reflect the quest board and went down the list "There's a D rank quest here in Sharn the reward for it would provide you with 3 ingots each of iron, steel, and mystic ore. I'm not sure if you'd be able to use them or if you'd even need them for your work, but they're there," She said giving thought to his tavern idea and rested her elbows on the counter, putting her fingers together "I suppose that could help, we do need another source of income as while we do have guild members to complete quests, not all quests payout in coll and even for those who do, we can't simply expect members to give up every coll they earn to help out. I put up a donation fund for such things to give what they can for the guild but otherwise, running a tavern after hours could be very beneficial, the ones who help receive a small cut and the rest goes back into improving the guild, anything not used will be set aside for energies, future projects or anything that benefits the guild as a whole," She said pretty much agreeing to his idea "I'm sure with some well-placed flyers and reasonable prices we'll manage to get customers...in fact, we might be able to draw in customers depending on how well they take to being served by guild members for the night and perhaps receive some off the boards work for anyone looking hire us for a job, after all not everyone that needs help, submit not the quest board either because they don't want to or aren't able," She said though she did look around the guild and if they were to do such a thing they would need to expand the kitchen, perhaps add another storeroom.

That's when she suddenly noticed a very tired looking...well he definitely seemed to have some dark elf in him, but she couldn't tell the other end because of his cloak...perhaps human. She noticed him before he came in, thanks to her flowers, still, she reached behind the bar and got him something to drink, gesturing for him to come closer and take the drink "I assume you're here to join as well then?" She asked.
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
HandsomeJack HandsomeJack Coffee Shark Coffee Shark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back