• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Forsaken Dawn Guild OOC Chat

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Lithia Lace

The Restless One
Welcome to Guild OOC, here we can chill hang out, go over ideas, request interactions etc. Also please know that when the main RP starts I will be changing the name of the OOC from Guild to whatever name has been voted for the most by that time. At the moment it's looking like it will be Forsaken, Dawn, but I'll reserve judgment until the main thread is posted. Who knows there might be a turnaround.

Quick question about the CS. Is there a set list of weapons and items we're grabbing from? It's seems a bit vague, but I imagine that was intentional. Like, a potion. Are we talking Enix/Capcom Potions (healing items only)? Or are we talking D&D potions (can do basically anything, check the tin)?

Quick question about the CS. Is there a set list of weapons and items we're grabbing from? It's seems a bit vague, but I imagine that was intentional. Like, a potion. Are we talking Enix/Capcom Potions (healing items only)? Or are we talking D&D potions (can do basically anything, check the tin)?
There isn't particularly a set list of items and weapons I'm trying to give you the freedom to come up with what you want. However, keep in mind that your character is a beginner who is at best average so nothing outlandish. I mean I have to approve it anyway so if I think it's a bit much for this stage I'll let you know.

Then the question becomes: 'Is a Switch Axe or a Charge Blade too much for the early game?' I've been playing too much Monster Hunter.

Actually race too, I imagine it's just any fantasy race I can think of within reason. Sorry for the back and forth, I just tend to get in on the details.

Actually, race too, I imagine it's just any fantasy race I can think of within reason. Sorry for the back and forth, I just tend to get in on the details.
Pretty much so yeah. Also, don't worry about it, to be honest, I was kind of surprised that no one had any questions before.

One last one. You said that progression would be slower the more schools we go into, but are we allowed to have multiple at the start? The CS notes singular, and I know you're looking for early-game balance. So I just wanted to check.

One last one. You said that progression would be slower the more schools we go into, but are we allowed to have multiple at the start? The CS notes singular, and I know you're looking for early-game balance. So I just wanted to check.
I'm willing to let people start off with more than one but no more than 3 and they wouldn't know a lot.

So are enchanted weapons or weapons that can change their property enabled as well?

Since we're using DnD magic categories, are we limited to those spells; or can we make our own?

I don't think she ever said anything about DnD tbh, and if she did then I have abosutly no idea about anything DnD related.

Well the schools for magic that is being used is from DnD, but I guess it's probably just an arbitrary way to categorize spells and such since it was not touched upon any further

Last edited:
Well the schools for magic that is being used is from DnD, but I guess it's probably just an arbitrary way to categorize spells and such since it was not touched upon any further
Yeah I don't know anything about DnD I just thought they covered every type of magic there was so no yu are not limited to DnD spells.

Yes you may have enchanted weapons and weapons that change their properties, just remember that you are a beginner so nothing too outlandish.
Would you need to know about transmutation magic in order to have a weapon that changes it's properties or would that not be required?

Would you need to know about transmutation magic in order to have a weapon that changes its properties or would that not be required?
Magical items I would say are a bit different as they are made to do that, sort of like buildt in spell so no, but it would be limited on their knowledge of how to use said weapon. Almost raid weapon likely wouldn't be the best of it's kind.

I'm still not sure if you said there is a character limit or not though?

Lithia Lace Lithia Lace What are the clarifications for each magic type, or your explanation for each?
Pretty much anything that falls under said category, as I said I'm not banning any powers, would you like me to post links to the superpower wiki to this category specifically? I will say I am a bit fuzzy on Evocation as one explanation I found for it dubbed it as basically elemental magic and another dubbed it as magical manipulation as I couldn't find a specific page for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back