• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom FORM VOLTRON!!! [OOC]

Stitches and Patchwork

The Cheese Knees
IF ANYONE VIEWS THIS CHAT AND WISHES TO JOIN, THE INTEREST CHECK IS HERE:

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
mochi bun mochi bun

Here’s our OOC! Hope it’s good! This is my first time running a roleplay so I may be a bit shaky lol

Also ignore the advertising at the top XD

Lol, it's no problem! I also created my first roleplay recently, so I understand the stress that comes with keeping your roleplayers informed and involved.

Anyway, Elekta Kount Elekta Kount , was there anything specific you wanted to talk about? ^^

I suppose our OC for one. Imma be doing two characters, but I need help deciding the specifics of one of them.
Well, I can help you if you'd like! What exactly do you need help with? You could also PM me if that's easier for you!

Ill puut it here, since I went over it with Person
Here's the ideas
Here the ideas:
For love interests: (Choose 1 of 2)
  • The Rouge- A rebel, in the sense he plays the devil's advocate half of the time. I see him wanting to but heads with Lance alot, mocking him and often challenging him. He might come off cynical compare to most of the people on the team, but he's only cynical because of everyone's else's optimism. He believes in balance, and thus will be whatever is the minority in a situation. Everyone's hope is up, he's rather cynical about their cause. Everyone's in despair, he's up on his feet preaching about hope and pulling everyone through the mud. He sees the greatness in everyone but sees where they fall short, and like an immunity in the body, he wants to help toughen them up. He keeps quite about his back story, blowing it off if anybody asks, but this lad had a rather shitty upbringing, but that hasn't made him into an emo fella, rather it molded him to temper his expectations into something realistic and to question everything in life. He wants everyone to be alright, and sometimes that might mean doing the tougher thing rather then the more popular thing. Shit childhood, your standard dysfunctional family. Abusive father who cheats on his wife. Mother's an alcoholic, who in turn took her anger out on the kid. The lad's environment didn't help, grew up in the slums of the city, near factories I'd assume. But he survived,learned a thing or two on the streets that helped him claw his way out of the stink hold to become a cadet. Again, he doesn't talk about his past all that much because of how depressing it is compare to everyone else, but he don't act emo cause of it. Look ahead, to much brighter things, but don't forget the lesson of your past.
  • The NCO- Nothing fazes this fella, He can sleep anywhere, always have a smile ready and is rock-solid in battle. A a tough, humorous, and by-the-books soldier who rarely questioned orders, but always takes care of those around him. Although one may say that he is an uncomplicated soldier, he is someone who can get his men through a fire fight alive, and support his friends at a moments notice. He does what needs to be done and is the bedrock foundation to support his friends.Comes from a long line of simpletons, no one really of much note in life, and grew up not expecting more then a simple and structured life. When the opportunity came, he joined the galaxy garrison simply because he qualified, still expecting nothing great to come of it. He thinks he knows his place, he's just a mere grunt, and goes by as such while making sure those around him don't get crushed under life's treads. He fights with great fortitude and an iron will to see the mission be done, believing he's probably not destine for greatness, but in his heart he yearns for an adventure out of the ordinary.
Non-love Interest Character-
  • The Major- A (British) human fellow whom seen much combat as part of some Nation's special forces, now assigned to the Galaxy Garrison as an instructor. An overall kind and cheerful man, polite but hearty at the same time. It's quite an enjoyable experience to have tea and biscuits with this chap. However, he can be surprisingly strict, no surprise given his background, and to see him in action is to be seen to be believe. The Major's purpose is to provide tactical and strategic guidance to the members of the crew, maybe even provide some insights on life.

• The NCO- Nothing fazes this fella, He can sleep anywhere, always have a smile ready and is rock-solid in battle. A a tough, humorous, and by-the-books soldier who rarely questioned orders, but always takes care of those around him. Although one may say that he is an uncomplicated soldier, he is someone who can get his men through a fire fight alive, and support his friends at a moments notice. He does what needs to be done and is the bedrock foundation to support his friends.Comes from a long line of simpletons, no one really of much note in life, and grew up not expecting more then a simple and structured life. When the opportunity came, he joined the galaxy garrison simply because he qualified, still expecting nothing great to come of it. He thinks he knows his place, he's just a mere grunt, and goes by as such while making sure those around him don't get crushed under life's treads. He fights with great fortitude and an iron will to see the mission be done, believing he's probably not destine for greatness, but in his heart he yearns for an adventure out of the ordinary.

For some reason, I find this character archetype to be very compelling. Those expectations your OC has, where he only sees himself as a bystander but longs for more, would allow for a catalyst of growth once he's in space. He'd be able to see that although his role isn't as important as the paladins themselves, he's still on a mission to help save the universe. Fantastic idea!

For some reason, I find this character archetype to be very compelling. Those expectations your OC has, where he only sees himself as a bystander but longs for more, would allow for a catalyst of growth once he's in space. He'd be able to see that although his role isn't as important as the paladins themselves, he's still on a mission to help save the universe. Fantastic idea!
Coolio, might go with him then. Now the question is what would he do exactly?

What about your character? Any ideas?

Coolio, might go with him then. Now the question is what would he do exactly?

What about your character? Any ideas?
Hm, I'm not sure exactly. He could perhaps be a pilot or a recruiter for the Garrison? There's plenty of options– just choose whichever one feels most comfortable to you!

For my character, I was going to have him be a History professor with an interest in languages. I was wondering if I should have him be related to Lance (probably as his cousin or uncle). It would also be part of his motivation for traveling with the paladins into space.

Hm, I'm not sure exactly. He could perhaps be a pilot or a recruiter for the Garrison? There's plenty of options– just choose whichever one feels most comfortable to you!

For my character, I was going to have him be a History professor with an interest in languages. I was wondering if I should have him be related to Lance (probably as his cousin or uncle). It would also be part of his motivation for traveling with the paladins into space.
That sounds cool! Can't wait to see it honestly.

I think I want my lad to be in a combat role, maybe being one of the cadets and decided to help out during the incident in the first few episode, perhaps he was already friends with some of them.

Then there is the Major, whom I think will have been an instructor initally whom has take a liking to the three characters of not and perhaps will decide to join the excitement(despite the inherent danger), He probably will assume some sort of adminstrative/tactical advisory role, and my hopes is that he can be a mentor of sorts.

Hello friendos! Glad to see discussion has been going well!

I do agree with Radical with using the NCO. I love the Rebel but he does enter Keith territory a bit in the sense of both of them being the rebels of the team while the NCO doesn’t seem to infringe on any character’s “thing”. As for his role, perhaps he could serve as an inside attacker. Such as while Voltron is fighting ships on the outside through the lions, he gets into ships and attacks, attempting to subdue as much of the crew as possible.

And I suppose if we’re presenting characters, I’ll present mine. Mine is a space pirate, having been unofficially adopted by the captain at a young age (how will be a surprise lol). She and her crew will be working as bounty hunters for the Galra at the beginning of the roleplay, OC being personally against but is tricking herself to believe that the captain is planning to betray the Galra and destroy it from the inside, unable to believe that the closest thing she has to a father figure would betray his ideals of not bowing to anyone nor including any innocents in the fray just to not fight the Galra. She joins Voltron by getting capture after a mission gone wrong and joins their cause after some time and serves as a “looter” of the Galran ships, freeing prisoners and stealing anything needed during missions.

And I love the sound of your character Radical! He sounds like a gem and I’d love to see him in action. Heck him being related to Lance certainly would be entertaining especially if we include how Shiro is Lance’s hero. And what role would he be serving in the conflict? Feel free to share a role with anyone else.

Ello! I’ll be playing Hunk, or trying to anyway. We were talking in on characters! Got any ideas for OCs?

Awesome! I'm sure you will do an awesome job.
I have an OC idea that I would love to keep if it would work well for the plot of this particular rp.

My OC was born to the top weapons sales on earth. Able to get her hands on spare parts she became one of the most promising inventors around. She join the Galaxy Garrison around the same time Hunk,Lance, and Pidge did. She talked to them only a little bit before they left with Shiro and Keith in the blue lion. Little did they know that same night my Oc caught them leaving and decided to follow the three. While following them however she was captured by space bounty hunters to try and get weapons and ransom money out of her family. However her parents brushed off the ransom and instead of killing her they sold her to the Galra, so she had to play in the Gladiator Games. She has been there working and serving the Galra since then...

Not sure if that can work into the plot but if it can I'd love to use it. If not I have other ideas I could use

I have an OC idea that I would love to keep if it would work well for the plot of this particular rp.

My OC was born to the top weapons sales on earth. Able to get her hands on spare parts she became one of the most promising inventors around. She join the Galaxy Garrison around the same time Hunk,Lance, and Pidge did. She talked to them only a little bit before they left with Shiro and Keith in the blue lion. Little did they know that same night my Oc caught them leaving and decided to follow the three. While following them however she was captured by space bounty hunters to try and get weapons and ransom money out of her family. However her parents brushed off the ransom and instead of killing her they sold her to the Galra, so she had to play in the Gladiator Games. She has been there working and serving the Galra since then...

Not sure if that can work into the plot but if it can I'd love to use it. If not I have other ideas I could use
Gotta ask Person, though it does sound interested .

Hm... Well seeing as my character is going to be a space pirate I wouldn’t say that the idea is too crazy. My only question is how did the abduction go seeing as Earth is confirmed to be basically isolated from most aliens? And the mention of her parents brushing off the ransom was slightly confusing.

But other then that I love the idea! Maybe she joins Voltron by them saving her, the team having broke into the ship that she was being kept in and she insists on joining them, using her technological prowess to convince them.

Hm... Well seeing as my character is going to be a space pirate I wouldn’t say that the idea is too crazy. My only question is how did the abduction go seeing as Earth is confirmed to be basically isolated from most aliens? And the mention of her parents brushing off the ransom was slightly confusing.

But other then that I love the idea! Maybe she joins Voltron by them saving her, the team having broke into the ship that she was being kept in and she insists on joining them, using her technological prowess to convince them.
She can also be an alien? Maybe?

She can also be an alien? Maybe?

True true... (I like the idea of her being part alien, hmmm. Okay so here's how I can change it possible...

She follows Hunk, Pidge, and Lance but that's it. She contemplates telling the garrison what she saw but decides to keep it to herself. She goes to graduate the school early. Her and another group are assigned to test out a knew spacecraft for the Garrison. The team get into space, but as soon as there ship is out of earth's range it starts to shut down and malfunction. The team goes to escape but realize that one person would have to stay behind. Without a second thought the team leaves her stranded on the ship. For weeks my OC is left on the ship adrift in space. As she's about to run out of food and water a bounty hunter ship finds her a captures her. One of the bounty hunters being human decides to try and ransom her off back to her parents on earth to try and get any earthly valuables. Her parents deny the offer and tell the bounty hunters to do as they wish with her (I can tell you what I have planned for that part of her or it could be a surprise your choice) The bounty hunters decide to sell her to the Galra and you know the rest....

How's that? I can keep fixng it up or toss it if I need to do something else

True true... (I like the idea of her being part alien, hmmm. Okay so here's how I can change it possible...

She follows Hunk, Pidge, and Lance but that's it. She contemplates telling the garrison what she saw but decides to keep it to herself. She goes to graduate the school early. Her and another group are assigned to test out a knew spacecraft for the Garrison. The team get into space, but as soon as there ship is out of earth's range it starts to shut down and malfunction. The team goes to escape but realize that one person would have to stay behind. Without a second thought the team leaves her stranded on the ship. For weeks my OC is left on the ship adrift in space. As she's about to run out of food and water a bounty hunter ship finds her a captures her. One of the bounty hunters being human decides to try and ransom her off back to her parents on earth to try and get any earthly valuables. Her parents deny the offer and tell the bounty hunters to do as they wish with her (I can tell you what I have planned for that part of her or it could be a surprise your choice) The bounty hunters decide to sell her to the Galra and you know the rest....

Refer to Person, I’m still new to the lore...although I think again, Earth wouldn’t have made contact to outside forces? And has there been any outside contact?

I like it! I think my only issue is the graduating early thing especially if we start early on in the series

But I have a small idea if you don’t mind me saying it. What if she snuck out herself? Like rather then seeing the group escape that night, what if she saw the Blue Lion fly out into space instead? No one believes her and she even gets in trouble with the officials for spreading “false rumors” with not even her parents defending nor believing her. Out of curiosity and stubborness, she attempts to chase it, managing to sneak out of the Garrison with Garrison pod and attempts to chase it only to be captured by bounty hunters and then the Galra themselves.

I apologize for taking out the parents refusing the ransom part in the story since I do struggle with how to fit that in without addressing how little humans interact with aliens though I tried to replace it with they wouldn’t believe her part. But I hope you like it!

So sorry for making you adjust it so much

So I've been thinking, there are three potential roles I have for my OC:.
  • Marine- Straight up combat support, seen as additional fire power ontop of the paladins and inserts himself where he is needed. Weather that is alongside the paladins or insertion into somewhere away from the main battle to cripple a weakness or attempt hostage rescue. Even acting as a ex-filtration force for the Paladins when needed or maybe a backup pilot.
  • Medic- A fellow focused on keeping everyone's vitals and keep everyone in the fight. He can take care of folks both on and off the field. He'll also take part in any fighting if need be, going to ground when they need someone with medical expertise on sight to assist. Can also function as a backup pilot.
  • Recon- Infiltrator inserted ahead of the fight to gather intel and provide long range support. Also capable of acting as a backup pilot or provide combat support.
Depending on his role, I'll alter a bit of his personality and backstory on how he met the group, although the majority of the story remains intack.

No I love that idea! The idea I had for her parents was that her mother was actually a part of the military at some point some how met an alien and had my character. She hated the half breed daughter and that's why the parents would not pay the ransom. I tried to fit that in some how but I'm a bit rusty on Voltron and totally forgot that earth had not really interacted with aliens so I do apologize.Looking back the logic does seem off! I also forgot how early the rp started. XC I like your idea a lot so thank you!

Thank you both for helping me out. I'm such a mess XD

So I've been thinking, there are three potential roles I have for my OC:.
  • Marine- Straight up combat support, seen as additional fire power ontop of the paladins and inserts himself where he is needed. Weather that is alongside the paladins or insertion into somewhere away from the main battle to cripple a weakness or attempt hostage rescue. Even acting as a ex-filtration force for the Paladins when needed or maybe a backup pilot.
  • Medic- A fellow focused on keeping everyone's vitals and keep everyone in the fight. He can take care of folks both on and off the field. He'll also take part in any fighting if need be, going to ground when they need someone with medical expertise on sight to assist. Can also function as a backup pilot.
  • Recon- Infiltrator inserted ahead of the fight to gather intel and provide long range support. Also capable of acting as a backup pilot or provide combat support.
Depending on his role, I'll alter a bit of his personality and backstory on how he met the group, although the majority of the story remains intack.
I would go for either Medic or Marine. Voltron could use a medic but the Marine sounds cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back