• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Forging the Legends of Ravinia

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Foster
He had been polishing off his second plate of prison gruel when the rat spoke. A rat.

Foster made a choking sound as he sucked air in through his mouthful of food. Swallowing hard, he gaped at the talking rodent and felt the back of his head to make sure that it really was just a bruise, and he hadn't permanently damaged anything in there.

He wanted to speak, but no words came to mind. The green-haired girl seemed sympathetic to the supposed vermin king's words, but the younger man seemed equally as suspicious as Foster. Finally gathering the right words to speak out against this "help," Foster opened his mouth... but then... something happened. He felt a... pressure, and suddenly the rat's propositions made sense. He found himself agreeing that yes, their plight was unjust and yes, he should agree to accept the virtuous beast king's help. It was for the best.

No! No, this is wrong, wrong, wrong, someone help, help me help me help me-

A small part of his mind bucked wildly at what was happening to the larger whole. The part that actively rejected the notion that heroes were a real thing, that the forces that be were inherently good and charitable, and that people and entities performed virtues out of the goodness of their hearts. The hard shell he had created around his past and problems. Sweat beaded his brow as he struggled with himself; he cast his eyes around to the others, looking for help. He caught Nyrea's eye, fear now plain on his features in turn.
revior revior
Arvios Arvios
Archemis Archemis

"No offense Joseph but I'm old enough to where when I was a teen I may have met your Grandfather. Hell I've been around since before the Ravinian crusaders. So if we want to exchange stories I'm game. So we at least got each other." Cross admitted counting the time as he knew his wife would realize he was about to head out on a mission. "My wife will not let me hear the end of it when she learns I broke my promise of no more Merc missions."
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind
Sir Joseph Watson
"I'm sure you have. However, age is more than just a number. When you have a set lifespan, the world has a much different outlook than if you are forever young. That's why we have people who have outlived my entire heritage acting like children, not saying you are." Joseph made his way to the door. It was about time to go get Eliana's stuff. Every second wasted could draw another hurdle for them to jump over.
"Let's head on out, people. We have a long way to Norbury." Even longer to get to Eliana's stuff
@Baku P Paint The Wind

Maverick
"I smelled Silas's testosterone increasing as he saw you in that form, so whatever you do in that form, he can get crazy about it. That at least is a positive." Maverick stood up, making sure the black dragon wasn't watching her, and started drying off and going for her clothes. Unlike Silas, who didn't wear normal clothes, instead making his fur look like normal clothes, Maverick DID wear normal human clothes while in human form, as did most other werewolves. "If he approves, the pack may be able to look past it, even better if you show them you're far different than that form."

After drying off and getting changed, Maverick addressed Luna's other question. "To adopt a puppy? Indirectly. Alpha could take in a puppy as his own and you both raise them, but you yourself couldn't until you join the pack," Maverick said, letting her down easy by giving an easily exploitable option
Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Tobias Cabral
"Tobias Cabral. Toby is fine," he said simply as he followed Elgius. He inspected the various security measures. Magitech, he thought. Toby was by no means technologically NOR magic savvy. All he knew about magic was how to enchant his equipment and even that utilized gems. As for technology, if it didn't have use in battle, he didn't know much about it either. He wondered why this guy needed such incredible borderline overkill measures. To each their own. "If you gotta put such measures in place, I can only hope that whatever it is won't kill me."
Birdsie Birdsie

Oahu looked in suprise at the rat. A rat. They were talking to a rat. And he claimed to be a king. Prehaps Oahu's internal bestiary wasn't as complete as he thought. They didn't really need the rat's help, though. They were highly skilled adventurers. Oahu turned to speak to the rat. "I'm sorry your majesty but we do not require your assistance." As strange as it may sound a part of Oahu didn't trust the rat. Not a concious part of Oahu. No,this was quite a subconcious move on Oahu's part. But a part of oahu nonetheless. Oahu knew animals and the look in the rat's beady eyes. That wasn't natural.

Oahu turned back to his companions. If we're going to break out we'll need our weapons back. Does anyone know where the weapons room is?"

Caius Grants
Redvale: Jailhouse​

Caius continues to listen to the so called rat king, one of his feet tapping away in impatience. However as he listens, he slowly became more lenient towards the rat. Why so hostile, he thought, isn't this rat trying to help? Even if he is suspicious, the fact that he is helping is something to be grateful for is it not? And who knows, perhaps it is actually doing this out of the kindness of its heart, out if its belief in justice... Justice? JUUUUUSSSSSTIIICCCEEEE!?

Well ain't that just the funniest joke, an animal that believes in justice. How adorable, how so very cute. But one certainly wonders, where were there cute, heroic critter back then? Back in that forest?! Back in that little village in the country side!?

What hogwash...

Justice exist due to government and law. However, once outside of the city walls, once away from the eyes of the guards, it's one's own strength that truly counts, the survival of the fittest, the rules of nature. In the end, the only thing that's actually concrete is strength, just like how those bandits from back then took everything and everyone, all because they were stronger and has greater numbers. Where was this "justice" then? There were none, only the rules of nature. A rat, a creature that is treated as pest and will be eliminated mercilessly by the very same races it is currently trying to help should know that. With such a mindset, Caius could not believe a thing the rat king had said, and even more than that...

Caius near damned stomped on the rat, but managed to land his foot beside the damn rodent instead. His fists were clenched so tightly that his nails dug into his palm, causing it to bleed, and his eyes were bloodshot and ravenous, as if the ones belonging to a rabid dog. The thing that saved the rat was the fact that the rat is offering much needed help, and that dissuaded Caius from outright killing it. Still, Caius was fuming, that the damned animal even dared to bring up "justice", to even pretend that it would even care about something that it was never part of. There's no justice in the wild. If there is, then where was it when the bandits attacked his home town in the countryside? Where was it when the weak and defenseless family of elves were dragged away into the night, screaming and kicking? There was none. To even bring up the notion that there could be only set Caius' insides on fire, and the flames were only fanned by the fact for a moment there, he was about to believe it.

"I'm running out of patience. If you want our trust then do it through action. Words are cheap."

He managed to speak with a voice calm enough that no one would think that he's insane, and that took a great deal of self-control. It' been a while since he had wanted to kill something so badly. The last time, if he remembered correctly, was while he was still under training, and his master wanted him to take down a bandit. To say that Caius disliked bandits would be an understatement. He went ballistic on the outlaw and kept on hacking into him with inelegant and clumsy strikes, and he never even noticed that he had been stabbed a few times. In the end, his master had to come in and put an end to the bandit himself before having to forcefully drag Caius away. Ever since then, great amounts of efforts had been expended to teach Caius to control his anger, and though the results weren't perfect, it made it so that it wasn't debilitating in combat.

Caius retreat to a wall and laid his back against it, tried after that whole exchange.

"I can't do magic, but if it's a sword I doubt anyone in this building could beat me." Caius was barely able to reply to Nyrea, but he does his best to sound as if nothing was wrong.

Arvios Arvios Archemis Archemis Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20 Birdsie Birdsie BackSet BackSet

Rose kissed Eliana’s cheek. She was blushing as well as Joseph and Cross mocked them for their closeness. She kept holding Eliana and let them talk, just listening to the important stuff about the mission. She buttoned up her coat and kept sn arm around Eliana’s waist as they walked. “Let’s go get Gayle and your key back.”

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
@Baku

Odette was about to say something else but suddenly found a hand over mouth. “Mmmm!” Then with in just a few mins she had a different attitude. When just min ago she was covering Odette’s mouth so she wouldn’t say anything to the rat was now trusting him. Odette noticed the strange change but wasn’t sure what brought it on. Oahu didn’t seem to think they needed the rat king’s help. She jumped slightly when someones stomped loudly right next to the rat. She looked up to see it was Caius who seemed to be very irritated. Looked like he wanted to kill it. Of course she was more confused from the sudden anger. She then noticed something dripping red on the floor. “Red?....Blood?” She then looked up towards where the blood was coming from. Looked up and noticed he’s hand was bleeding. When he walked over and leaned against the wall Odette stood. “Hey wait your hand why is it bleeding?” She took he’s hand and looked at it. “Mmm no problem!” She tore off a peice of fabric off her dress then wrapped his hand. “There! All better.” She turned around to look at the others and noticed The look on Foster’s face. What in the world was wrong with him? Almost everybody was starting to act werid. “Hmm??”
BackSet BackSet
Arvios Arvios
revior revior
Archemis Archemis
Lincs Lincs

Lair Aelnor
Jailhouse (Blues)

Lair listened through Nyrea's, or rather as Caius mentioned, the Blue Raven's story, and felt that his disgust towards the man seemed to be squarely placed. He simply says nothing, instead just shaking his head once she concludes her narrative. He was delighted to hear that Oahu was finally on board to help with the breakout; a bit less so when he notices that the missing raptor barges in to the hall leading to their cell before they come up with a concrete plan. Then absolutely in shock upon seeing a talking rat, let alone, a self-proclaimed king of rats, trying to barter a social justice program to be a part of. Was this a test by the guards? An elaborate prank? Something just wasn't believable. He agreed with Caius, though; his intuition noted that the rat seemed to want something. Upon listening to the creature's response however... An odd sense of credibility flooded Lair's senses. He still felt like something wasn't quite right, but... It seemed like a very minor detail. Almost like one of those details that may be of importance or regret later on. But he shrugged it off for now, hoping he'd realize what it was later. Oahu's, and especially Caius' violent sense of misplaced trust in the creature seemed almost abnormal for one reason or another.

"Hey, he may be of use!" he barks at Caius, though immediately covers his mouth as one of the guards turns around with an annoyed look. The guard quickly loses interest, leaving them to their fantasy as he continues speaking with the other guards. "Just... Just let him help us. Besides, a rat king has a bit more credibility to its name, don't'cha think?" His phrase was desperately put together to defend Valac, and noticed that his words didn't exactly make sense. He decided to move on.

"I can use wind and physical magic, though I'd much rather have my lance," he says as he waves his hand apologetically at Nyrea, refusing the dagger. He was sure that she would have much better use with the short ranged weapon, especially since she'd be familiar with its weight and capabilities.

"And with my magic, I can weaken the bars holding us in, so we can just break right through them." He casually reaches for one of the many vertical bars separating them from freedom and imprisonment, gripping it with moderate strength. His face churns as the force in his hands becomes more strained; eventually he opens his eyes to a very dim purple glow in the area where his palm was resting, as if the magic was being absorbed and nullified somehow. That wasn't supposed to happen... He laughs embarrassingly, forgetting that such barricades would completely nullify magic. They'd have to get out by other means...

"I know you said you were more than capable of doing it yourself, Nyrea, but I hope you meant that without a key?" He shakes his hand as he steps back, thinking of how they'd be able to escape without it. He was still surprised at the remarkable stealth of Karry, who had somehow avoided being detected by the men guarding the hallway. It was probably the armor, combined with the lack of flexibility, and coupled with the doubt of something so small penetrating their defenses which kept their focus at eye level. Lair was questioning how they could put her to use...

"Odette, how far away is the hideout that you mentioned earlier? We need to plan as to where we're going as well, that way we don't go around in circles like headless chickens."

BackSet BackSet , Archemis Archemis , revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs

Last edited:
Eligius McGowan
Redvale, Blackhammer Forges HQ, underground vault

"Oh, no-no-no. But it will kill anyone you want," Eligius answered, then paused. Eli walked up to the box and opened it with a key, then reached inside and held something in his hands. He closed the box, then turned to Tobias but didn't show what he held yet.

"I mean, not literally. If you use it right----you know what I mean. Also, I take security rather seriously. Don't get cocky with this thing, Toby. I have the off button near me at all times and this thing can self-destruct if I think it falls into the wrong hands. Not that I'm saying you're evil, or anything. You look like a swell guy. I'm just telling you, eff-why-eye. You know, for the.." Eligius showed Toby the item, it was a ring, "future."

He handed it to Toby, then explained, "You put this on, it does lots of stuff. Here's the manual," he handed Toby a book.

(The [...] represents a piece of text skipped due to irrelevancy. Also, Chapters 3-10 are pure legal contracts that no one really cares about.)
CHAPTER 1: Introduction
Welcome to the Ring of Akkatar Standard Issue manual. [...] This manual will introduce you to the basic functions of the device. [...] For any questions, please, consult Eligius McGowan, owner of Blackhammer Forges.

CHAPTER 2: Description
The Ring of Akkatar is a gesture-based magical device, capable of performing spells by using hand gestures. [...] Please keep in mind the Ring of Akkatar has limited mana and its daily recharge abilities are inhibited by its gem, therefore it must be conserved and regularly recharged at Blackhammer Forges. [...] For demonstrative and testing purposes, the magical energy unit cap has been put at one-thousand (1000) units. [...] In addition, the user's spells have been limited to a list of basic rotes for experimental purposes. For the basic spells, see Chapter Eleven (11): BASIC ROTES.

Please, keep in mind the Ring of Akkatar is a prototype technology and should be treated with care. [...] For security purposes, the Ring of Akkatar is equipped with a self-destruct function as well as a tracking device.

[...]

CHAPTER 11: BASIC ROTES
One hand raised palm out:
Create a shield-sized force field of shimmering blue. Protects from kinetic, thermal, and magical energies.
Both hands raised palm out to either side: Create a spherical force field. Protects from kinetic, thermal, and magical energies.
Hand slashing in a "karate chop": Creates an arc of blue light that strikes like a blunted blade, causing minor damage and knocking anyone in its path aside or off their feet.
Both hands held out, grasping at air: Summons a pair of blue-glowing disembodied hands that can act at a distance, mimicking the user's own finger movements.
Index finger, pointing: Fires a blue energy bolt that can knock a man down.
Index & middle finger, pointing: Creates a large blue bolt that can pierce a man like a spear.
Index finger and pinky, pointing: Fires a lightning bolt that can immolate a man-sized target.
Right hand held palm out, left hand grasping the wrist of the right: Fires a powerful blast of blue energy that strikes with extreme force, smashing and destroying nearly anything in its path.
One hand held in a grasping position, while touching the palm of the other to it and drawing away: Causes a blue energy blade to be "drawn" from the grasping hand. This blade can be used very effectively as a sword or projectile.
Both hands held out palms down: Levitation and controlled flight.

Other Functions
In case of an emergency, whispering the words "Hard Override, Code: 1-9-9-2-5-6-1-6" into the ring. This will cause its maximum magical energy rotation to kick in, allow access to Advanced Rotes and extra functions. Once Hard Override is enabled, Blackhammer Forges will be notified. [...] For using the Hard Override recklessly and without good cause, the current tester may be stripped of testing privileges and their cooperation period with Blackhammer Forges may be revoked. [...] Should the risk of the ring falling into the wrong hands exist, the user is asked to activate Hard Override, then speak the additional command: "Meltdown," which will prompt the ring to self-destruct in a two (2) meter radius explosion within the next ten (10) seconds.

Should the manual be lost, or contact with Blackhammer Forges required at any time, speaking the command word "Help," or "Contact Mr. McGowan" will allow for both to happen. Using the Help function will conjure an additional manual at the cost of one and a half (1.5) magical energy units.

[...]

CHAPTER 20: Terms of Service
[...] Thank you for choosing Blackhammer Forges!

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Valac
Redvale, Jailhouse

Exactly as expected, the magic worked. Valac wasn't surprised by it, so he proceeded naturally. He could still sense some doubt in the blue-feathered girl, but the spell worked on her. She must have some serious trauma behind her. But what ticked him was Foster and Oahu, the two of them seemed to be more in touch. There was Odette, who seemed to have believed him wholeheartedly.

And, Caius. Valac stepped back, flinching in fear as Caius nearly stomped on him. On the outside, the rat king looked to be crapping his metaphorical pants, but Valac wasn't actually afraid. Even if this vessel died, he'd only be freed and he'd be forced to look for another one, or for another chance to manipulate them. Why must adventurers be so troublesome? Valac sighed internally. He did feel much hatred from Caius, however. That hatred would pose a problem, because it made the impossible happen.

It has never occurred to this much of a degree that someone resisted the Bewitching's Voice subliminal effect. Valac, again, wasn't surprised. There must always be a first. There must always be an exception. An anomaly. But there are ways to deal with anomalies and they are plentiful.

Valac decided to join in the discussion. Despite never actually having seen the prison before he possessed the rat, he got a very elaborate mental blueprint, or, map of the area, if you will. As well as the people nearby and their feelings. As such, he spoke.

"All two-hundred eighty-five rats that live nearby are at my command. Trust me when I say that people tend to run when a swarm of my people runs toward them," he said, a little sadly. Of course, by command, he meant wide-area hypnosis of stupid animals, but it's not like any of the adventurers would figure that out. At least, he could feel a little more honorable because he didn't (technically) lie for once. "I also know the prison and sewers inside out. By the way, I think you should also know the guards have a trained mage in the staff and he's currently inside. He's here to negate any magic done by the prisoners because you wouldn't believe how many times people used magic to escape before," he said.

That last sentence was a very reasonable and educated assumption. There was indeed a mage, but it was hard to tell what his function was. But then again, what would a mage be doing guarding prisoners if not being the guard's specialist for magical escape attempts? I can only imagine a barmy marble-druid being shackled and turning into a potato root to escape, only to be picked out by the magus they have on the premises, Valac jested internally.

"So it goes without saying you might want to reconsider magic, or at least conceal it. Oh, and speaking of magic, I know some myself. Otherwise, I wouldn't be talking right now. I need a source of mana to do anything major, though."

BackSet BackSet Arvios Arvios revior revior Archemis Archemis Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20

Odette looked over to Lair. “It’s in the forest outside the city. It not a long walk. From the city it’s about..........10-20mins I think.....15! 15mins.” She couldn’t wait to get home. The first thing she was doing was jumping into the lake. I think I might sleep outside tonight. She thought to herself. She looked over to the rat who she was slowly loosing interest in. What was he talking about magic?
BackSet BackSet
Arvios Arvios
revior revior
Archemis Archemis
Lincs Lincs
Birdsie Birdsie

Oahu Krae
Do I trust this rat or not?
Oahu thought. He thought a lot. Did they have any choice other than to trust this rat? Should they trust this rat? He seemed friendly and personable enough but there was something about the animal's eyes. Eyes that betrayed an ancient knowledge far beyond that of any rodent. But they needed to escape. Torture was not something Oahu looked forward too at all.

"If we're going to escape, a distraction would be prefferable." Oahu said. He had one raptor right here but... "I can organize one but it'll be lackluster unless I can get my other raptors out of that cell." Hmm... They might actually be able to do that. They had a rat. Oahu turned to said rat. "Look rat, I'm not saying I trust you, and if you so much as lay a claw on my raptors I will crush you under my boot, but can you get my raptors out of the cell next door?"

Arvios Arvios revior revior Birdsie Birdsie Archemis Archemis animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs

Foster
The outbursts of some of the others seemed strange to him, now. Why? He's on our side...

Right?

Foster glanced around again. Most of the others seemed to have begun to trust the rat king. Slowly, agonizingly, the spell won out, flooding his mind with feelings of trust and goodwill. He relaxed visibly. Yes. He's on our side. He's our friend. He wants to help. He wondered, distantly, when he had started thinking of the group in terms of "we" and "us," but quickly brushed it aside.

To Valac, it would appear that the spell had taken total control of Foster - although he had a strong will and sharp mind, he was just an average man, not magically inclined or trained to resist magic in any way.

He spoke up as the rat king brought the mage into the conversation. "If I had my rifle, I could shoot the magic man in the leg, or something." He had returned to his normal, flippant demeanor. "He shouldn't be able to cast any spells if he's hurting that much." The idea of leaving someone in pain bothered him, but less so than killing the man for doing his job. Or allowing him to turn one of these people in the cell inside-out.

"Or, we could sneak up on him - if possible. I'm not great at that sort of thing."
Birdsie Birdsie
BackSet BackSet
revior revior

Nyrea
Jailhouse

Nyrea noticed Foster's look and moved to his side again. Something wasn't right, something in this whole situation wasn't as it should be but damn it she couldn't place it. Not the time, she thought to herself, first you need to get out. She touched his arm gently, talking slowly "Come on, let's enjoy the rain, I hear it's amazing this time of the year". She turned quickly when Caius' foot hit the ground, what the hell is wrong with this people?! He looked strangely calm after that attempt, looking closely she could tell some, although very well hidden, signs of anger. But before she could say anything Odette was by his side and she decided to stay out of it, they didn't have the best... relationship let's say and probably wouldn't like her reading him too much.

When Foster seemed to be back to normal she turner her attention to Lair. She crossed her arms in front of her, smiling slightly and watching him trying to break the bars, if it started with a small smile it ended up with her shaking, silently trying her best to hold the laughter. When he turned and talked to her she tried her best not to look so amused, hard job really but he deserved that much for the try. Nyrea walked to his side, her voice betraying her laughter "You know that I steal things for a living don't you love? Keys are overrated. Keep an eye out for me please? Oh and be ready to move silently, all of you" Kneeling down next to the door she started using the dagger, partially listening to the others but too engrossed on the task ahead of her to really participate. This required attention and patience. Sure she could break it but that would call too much attention and she enjoyed the idea to lock the guards in here after they were done. She was smiling while working, maybe she shouldn't but this was comfortable, second nature to her and the thrill? She loved it. Nyrea heard a soft click telling her she succeed. She nodded to the others to tell them to be ready to move and gently opened the cell door to avoid any noise when the door creaked she closed her eyes almost retracting but it was done now she needed to move.

With the noise coming from the door the guards turned to them. She prayed the others would be quick on their feet if they didn't want them to raised the alarm. Running she reached the one on the far right, grabbed his electric weapon, put it against his armor and used one of the charges to knock him out.

BackSet BackSet Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs Birdsie Birdsie animegirl20 animegirl20 revior revior

Eligius McGowan
Redvale, Blackhammer Forges HQ, underground vault

"Oh, no-no-no. But it will kill anyone you want," Eligius answered, then paused. Eli walked up to the box and opened it with a key, then reached inside and held something in his hands. He closed the box, then turned to Tobias but didn't show what he held yet.

"I mean, not literally. If you use it right----you know what I mean. Also, I take security rather seriously. Don't get cocky with this thing, Toby. I have the off button near me at all times and this thing can self-destruct if I think it falls into the wrong hands. Not that I'm saying you're evil, or anything. You look like a swell guy. I'm just telling you, eff-why-eye. You know, for the.." Eligius showed Toby the item, it was a ring, "future."

He handed it to Toby, then explained, "You put this on, it does lots of stuff. Here's the manual," he handed Toby a book.

(The [...] represents a piece of text skipped due to irrelevancy. Also, Chapters 3-10 are pure legal contracts that no one really cares about.)
CHAPTER 1: Introduction
Welcome to the Ring of Akkatar Standard Issue manual. [...] This manual will introduce you to the basic functions of the device. [...] For any questions, please, consult Eligius McGowan, owner of Blackhammer Forges.

CHAPTER 2: Description
The Ring of Akkatar is a gesture-based magical device, capable of performing spells by using hand gestures. [...] Please keep in mind the Ring of Akkatar has limited mana and its daily recharge abilities are inhibited by its gem, therefore it must be conserved and regularly recharged at Blackhammer Forges. [...] For demonstrative and testing purposes, the magical energy unit cap has been put at one-thousand (1000) units. [...] In addition, the user's spells have been limited to a list of basic rotes for experimental purposes. For the basic spells, see Chapter Eleven (11): BASIC ROTES.

Please, keep in mind the Ring of Akkatar is a prototype technology and should be treated with care. [...] For security purposes, the Ring of Akkatar is equipped with a self-destruct function as well as a tracking device.

[...]

CHAPTER 11: BASIC ROTES
One hand raised palm out:
Create a shield-sized force field of shimmering blue. Protects from kinetic, thermal, and magical energies.
Both hands raised palm out to either side: Create a spherical force field. Protects from kinetic, thermal, and magical energies.
Hand slashing in a "karate chop": Creates an arc of blue light that strikes like a blunted blade, causing minor damage and knocking anyone in its path aside or off their feet.
Both hands held out, grasping at air: Summons a pair of blue-glowing disembodied hands that can act at a distance, mimicking the user's own finger movements.
Index finger, pointing: Fires a blue energy bolt that can knock a man down.
Index & middle finger, pointing: Creates a large blue bolt that can pierce a man like a spear.
Index finger and pinky, pointing: Fires a lightning bolt that can immolate a man-sized target.
Right hand held palm out, left hand grasping the wrist of the right: Fires a powerful blast of blue energy that strikes with extreme force, smashing and destroying nearly anything in its path.
One hand held in a grasping position, while touching the palm of the other to it and drawing away: Causes a blue energy blade to be "drawn" from the grasping hand. This blade can be used very effectively as a sword or projectile.
Both hands held out palms down: Levitation and controlled flight.

Other Functions
In case of an emergency, whispering the words "Hard Override, Code: 1-9-9-2-5-6-1-6" into the ring. This will cause its maximum magical energy rotation to kick in, allow access to Advanced Rotes and extra functions. Once Hard Override is enabled, Blackhammer Forges will be notified. [...] For using the Hard Override recklessly and without good cause, the current tester may be stripped of testing privileges and their cooperation period with Blackhammer Forges may be revoked. [...] Should the risk of the ring falling into the wrong hands exist, the user is asked to activate Hard Override, then speak the additional command: "Meltdown," which will prompt the ring to self-destruct in a two (2) meter radius explosion within the next ten (10) seconds.

Should the manual be lost, or contact with Blackhammer Forges required at any time, speaking the command word "Help," or "Contact Mr. McGowan" will allow for both to happen. Using the Help function will conjure an additional manual at the cost of one and a half (1.5) magical energy units.

[...]

CHAPTER 20: Terms of Service
[...] Thank you for choosing Blackhammer Forges!

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Valac
Redvale, Jailhouse

Exactly as expected, the magic worked. Valac wasn't surprised by it, so he proceeded naturally. He could still sense some doubt in the blue-feathered girl, but the spell worked on her. She must have some serious trauma behind her. But what ticked him was Foster and Oahu, the two of them seemed to be more in touch. There was Odette, who seemed to have believed him wholeheartedly.

And, Caius. Valac stepped back, flinching in fear as Caius nearly stomped on him. On the outside, the rat king looked to be crapping his metaphorical pants, but Valac wasn't actually afraid. Even if this vessel died, he'd only be freed and he'd be forced to look for another one, or for another chance to manipulate them. Why must adventurers be so troublesome? Valac sighed internally. He did feel much hatred from Caius, however. That hatred would pose a problem, because it made the impossible happen.

It has never occurred to this much of a degree that someone resisted the Bewitching's Voice subliminal effect. Valac, again, wasn't surprised. There must always be a first. There must always be an exception. An anomaly. But there are ways to deal with anomalies and they are plentiful.

Valac decided to join in the discussion. Despite never actually having seen the prison before he possessed the rat, he got a very elaborate mental blueprint, or, map of the area, if you will. As well as the people nearby and their feelings. As such, he spoke.

"All two-hundred eighty-five rats that live nearby are at my command. Trust me when I say that people tend to run when a swarm of my people runs toward them," he said, a little sadly. Of course, by command, he meant wide-area hypnosis of stupid animals, but it's not like any of the adventurers would figure that out. At least, he could feel a little more honorable because he didn't (technically) lie for once. "I also know the prison and sewers inside out. By the way, I think you should also know the guards have a trained mage in the staff and he's currently inside. He's here to negate any magic done by the prisoners because you wouldn't believe how many times people used magic to escape before," he said.

That last sentence was a very reasonable and educated assumption. There was indeed a mage, but it was hard to tell what his function was. But then again, what would a mage be doing guarding prisoners if not being the guard's specialist for magical escape attempts? I can only imagine a barmy marble-druid being shackled and turning into a potato root to escape, only to be picked out by the magus they have on the premises, Valac jested internally.

"So it goes without saying you might want to reconsider magic, or at least conceal it. Oh, and speaking of magic, I know some myself. Otherwise, I wouldn't be talking right now. I need a source of mana to do anything major, though."

BackSet BackSet Arvios Arvios revior revior Archemis Archemis Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20
Tobias Cabral

Toby scoffed and crossed his arms, looking at the ring. "You didn't give me this proposition for nothing. I ain't magic savvy as you can tell by the amount of gem enchanted items I just bought. I'll go and take it out for a spin, then bring it back. Simple enough. I don't want it for any longer than that," he said. This was especially the case since it wasn't really under his control and he wasn't about to deal with a tracker. Magic for him was supplementary to his skill, against enemies who were a much bigger pain to beat without. Due to the overdependence to magic a lot of people got, they typically made easy pickings as enemies.

He grabbed the manual and skipped to the more interesting parts that weren't filled with legal bullshit. He didn't care. All he cared about was the actual casting, as it was what he was being asked to do. Understanding all this was his ultimate weakness. There should be a version of this book for people who have zero magic affinity, as that was the obvious intended demographic of this ring. Grasping what he could, he looked up. "Seems easy enough. If it's a prototype, what are some of the risks involved in its early use? What sort of bugs or whatever can this thing have?" None of that seemed to be in the warnings, not that he would really read it anyways. He needed cliffnotes, not a bible

Eligius McGowan

Eli smiled. He walked up to Tobias and firmly anchored his left hand on the knight's adjacent shoulder. With his other hand, he waved at the air in front of them. "Imagine an explosion that wipes all matter and spirit data it touches within a blast radius of twenty meters. " He pointed at Tobias with one finger, looking him in the eyes. "That's what will happen if you enable the Hard Override and use it recklessly, at least according to my speculation. Like I said, this is a working prototype. I'm meddling with high-level shit, of course it will be unstable at first." He let go of Tobias' shoulder.

He gesticulated as he spoke, "And that, my friend, is why you're here. To test it out, gather some information for me, tell me how good it is in practice in actual combat. If it blows up? Tell me. If it malfunctions? Tell me. If the rotes aren't working properly. Do, tell me."

"Now, what would you like as payment for this? Money? Influence? Fame? Free equipment supply for your entire lifetime and the next? A working version of the Akkatar once it's out?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Oahu Krae
Battle
Oahu was quick. Before any of the guards could raise the alarm he made a couple of quick hand gestures and whistles and off Karry went, knocking down two guards so Oahu could walk up to them and knock them out. With thatout of the way Oahu ran over to the cell containing the rest of his raptors and tried to get it open, failing miserably.

"a little help over here." He called to the others.

Arvios Arvios revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Archemis Archemis Birdsie Birdsie Lincs Lincs

Foster

"You know, I'm starting to like that stubby little featherbrain," Foster said to Oahu with a wry smile. He wasn't much of a fighter, and hung back for the moment, happy to let Karry, Oahu and Caius do the heavy lifting. Instead, he made sure he was in a good position to defend the more fragile members of the group if things got bad.

When he noticed Oahu plainly failing to get the cell door open, he ducked down and took the keyring off of the belt of the guard Nyrea had knocked out and tossed it over to the man.
BackSet BackSet
Birdsie Birdsie
revior revior

Eligius McGowan

Eli smiled. He walked up to Tobias and firmly anchored his left hand on the knight's adjacent shoulder. With his other hand, he waved at the air in front of them. "Imagine an explosion that wipes all matter and spirit data it touches within a blast radius of twenty meters. " He pointed at Tobias with one finger, looking him in the eyes. "That's what will happen if you enable the Hard Override and use it recklessly, at least according to my speculation. Like I said, this is a working prototype. I'm meddling with high-level shit, of course it will be unstable at first." He let go of Tobias' shoulder.

He gesticulated as he spoke, "And that, my friend, is why you're here. To test it out, gather some information for me, tell me how good it is in practice in actual combat. If it blows up? Tell me. If it malfunctions? Tell me. If the rotes aren't working properly. Do, tell me."

"Now, what would you like as payment for this? Money? Influence? Fame? Free equipment supply for your entire lifetime and the next? A working version of the Akkatar once it's out?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Tobias Cabral

"If it works nicely, I'll take a less powerful version without an off button and definitely without a tracker and with the ability to recharge on its own." At minimum, it would keep him from blowing as much money as he just did to stand a chance against enemies that needed some form of magic to damage. He didn't want this ring, but he would take something with actual functional magic for a form of backup. Less power, especially without a function like the override, meant less chance for malfunction and chance of backlash. "I don't do magic enough to keep buying gem enchanted items...........anyways, do you have any specific targets in mind, or can I just go out and do my thing then return?"
Birdsie Birdsie

Sir Joseph Watson
"I'm sure you have. However, age is more than just a number. When you have a set lifespan, the world has a much different outlook than if you are forever young. That's why we have people who have outlived my entire heritage acting like children, not saying you are." Joseph made his way to the door. It was about time to go get Eliana's stuff. Every second wasted could draw another hurdle for them to jump over.
"Let's head on out, people. We have a long way to Norbury." Even longer to get to Eliana's stuff
@Baku P Paint The Wind

Maverick
"I smelled Silas's testosterone increasing as he saw you in that form, so whatever you do in that form, he can get crazy about it. That at least is a positive." Maverick stood up, making sure the black dragon wasn't watching her, and started drying off and going for her clothes. Unlike Silas, who didn't wear normal clothes, instead making his fur look like normal clothes, Maverick DID wear normal human clothes while in human form, as did most other werewolves. "If he approves, the pack may be able to look past it, even better if you show them you're far different than that form."

After drying off and getting changed, Maverick addressed Luna's other question. "To adopt a puppy? Indirectly. Alpha could take in a puppy as his own and you both raise them, but you yourself couldn't until you join the pack," Maverick said, letting her down easy by giving an easily exploitable option
Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Tobias Cabral
"Tobias Cabral. Toby is fine," he said simply as he followed Elgius. He inspected the various security measures. Magitech, he thought. Toby was by no means technologically NOR magic savvy. All he knew about magic was how to enchant his equipment and even that utilized gems. As for technology, if it didn't have use in battle, he didn't know much about it either. He wondered why this guy needed such incredible borderline overkill measures. To each their own. "If you gotta put such measures in place, I can only hope that whatever it is won't kill me."
Birdsie Birdsie
“I see, I suppose I will have to wait and talk to him about it when he returns, as well as my fathers offer...” her face turning red yet again when she mentioned Silas’s hormones being elevated earlier when she was fighting. Think carefully about what maverick mentioned about the pack and how to respond she sighed “what could I do to gain the packs trust? I do have some experience with healing and other defensive magic and I know how to hunt, sort of...oh is there anything that the pack is in need of? My father can get almost anything” Smiling as she rapidly tosses the ideas at Maverick, wanting to rectify the thought of her being a succubus.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Eligius McGowan

Eligius sighed melancholically and smiled. "I'm not going to put trackers into them, Toby. This thing about to be on your finger costs more than the building we're in times ten. I don't like losing money." Eligius turned and closed the wooden box then led Toby out of the vault.

"In the future they will be more stable. Less prone to overheating, which will allow for a wider roster of spells. They will be capable of being programmed with new ones, or even program themselves! This could be revolutionary. Non-mages given a shot at magic." Eli looked at Tobias sternly. Whatever the look was taken as, it carried a meaning. This meant a lot to Eligius, more than money perhaps.

"Do your thing, come back, tell me how it handles." He pat Tobias on the shoulder. "Any other questions?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

The Chronicles of Warren Lovely
Warren sagged on the chair Joseph had moved him to. He seemed to be moving his head slightly to look at who was talking, but showed no body language indicating understanding. The group was talking about setting off when Warren drifted into sleep, his head falling back onto the chair and his breathing slowing to an even calm pace.

Frankly at this point I was feeling fairly tired myself and decided to find a place for a nice sleep before locating Warren again. As per usual I hope I don't lose him before I wake up.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind @Baku

Lair Aelnor
Jailhouse (Breakout)

"Mana? If by some chance you're capable of doing so, I suppose I can help by giving you some of mine if it means escaping," Lair says to Valac as he gently grabs him by the sides and places him into the empty hood at his back. Curiously, Lair questioned what he was using currently to channel mana, though held his tongue in cheek. The feeling of trust towards the critter from it's words were still partly in his system, like a strong aftertaste that gets stuck in the back of one's mouth. It was an odd sense, but it was foolish to approach it at the moment.

Afterall, there was a rush of excitement knowing that they were actually doing this, especially as a team. Just being a witness to Oahu covering Nyrea's window of susceptibility, and Foster in return aiding Oahu with his locked raptors seemed like a naturally cohesive group to be in. Perhaps, maybe the fact that this was either going to be the most belligerent or idiotic thing that he had done since escaping his home helped push that sentiment a bit further. The remainder of his life, he's played things safe... This was the exact opposite of that. This was something entirely differenct. The can of worms had been opened, and it was time to swallow and smile.

"So, Minianu, I'm really hoping that you can find out how many guards are on the other side of the hall, as well as guide us to our belongings." Lair at this point had already forgotten the rat's name, but that didn't stop him from improvising while asking the creature for leverage on their behalf. After all, having their weapons would surely help repel the armed soldiers.

BackSet BackSet , Archemis Archemis , revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs Birdsie Birdsie (I just noticed that I haven't been tagging you :-_-lines:)

Caius Grants
Redvale: Jailhouse
Caius shook in surprise when Odette asked him about the bleeding. He hadn't realized it until it was mentioned, but she was right, it was indeed bleeding.

"I guess I must have cut myself." Caius responded dismissively as he lets Odette bandage him wit what appears to be cloth torn from her own dress. "You'll have to remind me to buy you a new dress the next time we have the chance, as thanks and compensation."

Before he knew it, the escape had already begun, Nyrea had taken down one of the guards and another two taken out by Oahu's raptors. Caius didn't even respond in that time, he was still too dazed from his outburst and it slowed him down considerably. This can't go on, he thought to himself, have to focus. He then proceeds to pinch his own cheeks, slapping it a few times for good measures. The sharp pain alerted him, and he is now focused on the task.

From one of the knocked out guards, he took from them a sword, it wasn't as good as the one his master had given to him, and the balance was a bit different, but it will serve well enough for now. Then, he also procured a the electric weapon he saw Nyrea turned against the guards just now, it seems to be a rod with a citrine gem attached, and when activated, electricity sparks around the tip. This must be how the guards manage unruly prisoners without killing them.

"Not bad." he commented as he swings the rod around to get a feel for it. "I think I might keep this."

"Well then, who wants to try and see if they can fit into any of these armor?"

Some disguise would definitely help their escape, otherwise, they may actually have to fight their way out. Though Caius was the one who said no killing, it may become something that cannot be help if a fight breaks out.

BackSet BackSet Archemis Archemis animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs Birdsie Birdsie Arvios Arvios

Oahu caught the keyring and quickly unlocked the doors, rushing in to hug his raptors. He quickly undid the muzzles that were on them and stepped out the door just in time to hear caius ask about fitting in the armor. "Definitely not me." Oahu said. Cimparing Oahu's large muscled girth to the skinnier guards there was no way they were even the same shoe size.

Archemis Archemis revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs Arvios Arvios Birdsie Birdsie

Nyrea
Jailhouse

Noticing Oahu's little display of strength Nyrea smiled a bit to herself. "Oh this is going to be fun..." she thought while spinning the rod in her hand, this thing she could get used to, if she ignored the memories that it brought forward that is, but first things first, putting the new weapon away she started stripping the guards and taking their weapons. She wasn't proficient with swords so they would have no use for her but maybe the others could. Ripping some tissue from their shirts to make a gag for their mouth Nyrea stepped back to appreciate her work. While Caius asked about who wanted the armor. Well... maybe she could use it, it all depended how they wanted to proceed. Ugh she hated the idea to use someone else's armor.

"I bet they couldn't tell what personal higiene was even if I spank them with it... You know if you want me out of my armor you could just ask nicely" she groaned "I need one of the you big guys to move them to the cell and lock them in?". While Oahu was busy taking the muzzles out she grabbed the keys from the door, putting them in her pocket and looking around the room, there were a few other holding cells like the ones they were kept in all empty. Going to the door that would lead them outside the room they were in and opening it slightly she tried to distinguish any sound that could tell her if there were any guards outside but for now she couldn't hear anything. Of course that didn't mean they were out of the woods, just that they probably had some time to talk this out. Hopefully.

"Yes let's hope your new friend can be of some use. But it stays here, just give me the instructions I need and I'll give some cheese in return, maybe blue cheese, I heard those are a delicacy" Nyrea said turning to Lair and the rat who was now in his hood, voice back to her normal now and patting the little creature in the head. Kindness? No she did not expect kindness out of anyone and anything. "Maybe I can go first with Lair, have a quick look around and come back." she was talking to the whole group now, the two of them seemed like the obvious choice to stealthily look around, although she had a feeling they would fight her on it. People have a hard time trusting a thief after all "What do you say love? Up to search some dark rooms with me? But like I said, the little thing is staying behind. I do prefer the privacy" she winked at Lair, she wondered if he could blush or something similar and now she wanted to find out, she just needed to figure out what buttons to push.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs Birdsie Birdsie revior revior BackSet BackSet

Valac
Redvale, Jailhouse

"My name is Heru," he insisted annoyedly. The rat huffed, then climbed his way up to Lair's shoulder. Valac congratulated himself internally for his patience, then scoffed, "And I am more than capable of finding your weapons, dear friend. This little rat can do much more than you think."

Valac thought, then reached out through space.

Valac understood the world around him and spoke as his mind disembodied and saw through the corridors of the jailhouse. "Go right at the next crossing, then left and downstairs. Go left from there, second door to the left is where they keep your equipment. There's a trio of guards near the stairs; heavily armed, and several in the offices downstairs, plus two more plus the mage patrolling the courtyard. Risks will be minimized if we move above the storage room and blow a hole in the floor then jump down, steel ourselves, and run. I can do that with more energy but it might take a while."

"Alternatively," he turned to Nyrea. "I can order my people to break into the storage room and carry your items here. We can probably manage to pull it off stealthily, but no guarantees on that. Its up to you, guys." He looked at the group.

He exhaled.

This form was weak and could not handle that much information around the environment passing through its brain at the same time. Flesh truly limited creatures. Valac was careful when shapeshifting, as brain chemistry could affect the emotions he felt in his various forms, as well as even change some of his personality. He still remembered the time he got drunk as a dwarf. It was a shameful display, truly, but being a rat was getting even worse.

Not only were his muscles limited, but his cerebral processes as well. His perceptions and sight were inhibited and the only way he could effectively 'see' and 'hear' without getting a seizure was with his spiritual senses. He would have to alter this body with some magic when he had enough energy, make the muscles and brain stronger without changing their size and shape, just to make this a little more bearable.

Have patience, he thought. He clung to his dignity like a lion and to his sanity with the tips of his fingernails. He would have to wait for the right, golden opportunity. He would reveal himself as a balm to the group; a glorious, holy and beautiful angel, although a false one. He almost cackled at that. Technically, Valac's very existence could be considered illegal. Valac was an angel or angelic being in everything but title. Since he was technically the ex-servant of a goddess, that would make him a fallen angel. However, he was never given the title, rank, or angelic name to go with, so he became an existence closer to a spirit entity than a proper celestial creature. Valac was a technical remnant. A leftover from the Age of Gods, still existing due to the same loophole that made him such a bitter and dark being. Ironic.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs Archemis Archemis revior revior BackSet BackSet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back