• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Forging the Legends of Ravinia

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Foster
He watched the others closely after finishing his tale. To his mild surprise, the only one to introduce herself was the one he had considered dangerous - Nyrea, she called herself. As she moved close to him and helped him to his feet, he noticed she was an elf, or had some elf blood, judging by her ears. She offered him a tiny smile, which he returned, feeling a small jolt of warmth run through him. He couldn't decide if that made her more, or less, dangerous than before. He resolved to keep a... close eye on her. Yes, a close eye. That's all.

Whatever was going to happen next was interrupted by the loud arrival of several more guards, the one in the front obviously of some higher station. Foster turned to regard him carefully, noting how confidently he held himself. Also a dangerous individual. Strangely, he didn't level threats of fraudulent charges or anything else at the others, or try to extort money or favors from them. No, his sole purpose seemed to be to taunt Nyrea, and it seemed to work. She retreated slightly as he moved closer to the cell, bumping against Foster's chest. To his own surprise, Foster didn't shrink back from this, allowing the contact to linger awhile as he listened to the man's words. Blue Raven? What's that? And just who are these people I've entangled myself with? The man also mentioned 'friends' before he left; Foster didn't like the sound of that one bit.

After the guards took their leave again, Foster found that all sense of his usual flippancy had drained away, and food had become the last thing on his mind. Whatever had transpired to get him in this cell, these people needed help. You always do this, a small voice inside of him said. You always want to play the hero. And when has that ever worked out well for you? Or for the people you try to help. Right in front of him, Nyrea looked ghastly, trembling violently and turned to look at the others with pale, bloodless features. She whispered something raggedly about breaking out.

"Breaking out it is, then." Foster echoed her, his voice carrying with it a hard edge that hadn't been there before. He rested a hand lightly on her upper arm. "Are you alright?" He asked in a lower, softer voice.

One of the others had spoken up, the older-looking man. "Raptor? That thing was your pet?" He shook his head in disbelief. "Well, in any case, it's probably still out there." He jerked a thumb towards the back wall. "Maybe it... er, maybe Karry can get us some help."
BackSet BackSet
revior revior

Eligius McGowan

"Stupid golem," Eligius huffed, upset. He stomped into the store from the back, then looked at the counter. Five salesmen, five lines. A dozen people perusing the stock. This was one of the major shops for Blackhammer. Anyone could come in and buy anything they saw. As soon as Eligius walked in, the employees noticed and tried to contain their emotions of shock, awe, and fear. They kept working diligently because it was their boss staring at them.

Eligius looked around. The distribution was proceeding smoothly, so why was he so disgruntled? Eligius walked up to one of the cashiers and pushed him aside, "Take a ten-minute break, then come back," he explained. The cashier, whose transaction was cut abrupt, didn't respond to the words. He just swallowed his fears and nodded, then clutched his cap and walked away to the back of the store.

It was quite bizarre to see what is basically a millionaire behind the counter, selling you weapons out of boredom. But Eli didn't seem to care too much. Eligius looked at the client in front of him and began selling weapons, like he used to. Getting his hands dirty once in a while was all he wanted.

An adventurer looking for a trusty weapon. "One mythril sword, five-hundred and twenty-eight gold pieces."

"Next!" A spoiled noble looking for something to hunt with. "One magical whitebow, twenty-five thousand gold pieces."

"Next!" A poacher that required a dagger to skin some reptilian creature. "One fine dagger, eighty-eight gold pieces."

"Next!" From his previous, upset expression, Eligius' expression was replaced by a smile.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (Sound like an intro for Tobias?)
(Open to interaction)

"That's why I'm here ladies. Joesph has hired me in his place. Not sure why but I'm your heavy hitter. Just don't expect much draconian from me. I hardly transform anymore for... reasons. I mean assuming things are still going according to plan. That and my wife may end up showing up. She is furious at me and I mean she said if I wasn't her husband she would freeze me enough to make sure I'm out of action for the next 2 months." Cross made note as his face was that of someone who was getting verbally chewed out.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind

Nyrea
Jailhouse

Nyrea felt her mouth dry and found it was difficult to swallow. The voices around her seemed muffled like she was underwater and she couldn't hear anything that was being said. She was hyperventilating now, she would be mad at herself for this whole display if she had any mental capacity at this point. She needed to get a hold of her emotions, her panic, but the only thing she could think about was the burning and the pain that followed. It was excruciating and her sore throat from the screams she couldn't keep in. Cold sweat run through her back and she was shaking more vigorously now.

She barely felt an hand in her upper arm, still was enough to make her flinch. Some soft words followed the touch that she couldn't understand the meaning, just nodding her head yes and hoping it was the right answer to whatever they said. Nyrea sat on the cold floor, yes this would help her, one hand flat against the cold, moist surface grounding her to the present. The temperature difference helping her concentrate in something else she started a soft melody in her head. In the next few minutes her breath started to come back to its normal rhythm. Got ribs like the wrong side of a fistfight, she remembered reading that somewhere and it couldn't be more true. Now focusing on the others she noticed that half of them were looking in her direction. "Sh*t" she thought how much of a show she was giving and how much she was going to have to explain if they asked. Maybe they already did. She didn't know if she should provide an explanation if not prompted or just ask again what they said. Either would call even more attention to her state. Looking up she noticed that Foster was still near her. Sighing and putting her face in her hands, she knew he probably noticed more than any of the others. Looking back up to him again offering a short lived smile, and just asked, her voice coarse from the whole event "So I'm guessing it's story time for me?" even after asking she didn't started, making sure they really wanted to know. She preferred not saying it if they didn't make question to know. She needed that drink now more than ever that's for sure.

Arvios Arvios revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 BackSet BackSet Lincs Lincs

Lair Aelnor
Jailhouse (Blues)

Lair was a bit glum upon hearing that Foster wasn't here to bust them out, though that outcome was a given. What were the actual chances of that being the case? No one knew the man. He seemed like a nice enough fellow, though, and the fact that he mentioned Oahu's raptors legitimately surprised him. Who would have thought that one of those little rascals would avoid capture? Still, that meant that it was outside, exposed to the cruelty of not only the curious, but the poachers who were targeting them. That definitely wasn't good news... Well, at least for Oahu. They had to act fast before the unimaginable became reality.

He was deep in this thought when a higher ranking guard emerged from their possible escape route, surrounded by an entourage of lesser soldiers. The moment he spoke, all of the man's attention was directed to Nyrea, whose realistic and seasoned demeanor turned brittle and cracked. Although he had no business interrupting, he couldn't help but feel a disgusted feel at the man, who came simply to taunt the woman. His words were clearly prodding her... And here, Lair was only capable of staring daggers at the man. This wasn't his fight. But being in the cell alongside Nyrea made him feel like it was.

"Thief? What thief?" Lair questions Caius, who seemed to have a bit of knowledge on the subject. Though he couldn't help but agree with Odette regarding both the food and escape; if they were going to jailbreak, they should formulate a plan. He also seemed to grow a liking to this Foster guy; he seemed to have been moved by the abrasive relationship of Nyrea and the guard, by the look of it, even more than he was.

"Yes," Lair finally spoke out with a bit more of a lead in his voice, though still a whisper. "If we're going to escape, it might help to know a bit about that man. I don't mean to emphasize rudeness, but if your story has information that isn't needed, you don't have to share it unless you feel it's absolutely necessary." He was trying to sound hardened, though what he really meant by that was that she didn't have to mention personal details that she didn't feel comfortable sharing.

BackSet BackSet , Archemis Archemis , revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs

Caius Grants
Redvale: Jailhouse
The moment Caius began to question Nyrea, she began to act strangely. Is she trying to avoid the question? Thought Caius. But after observing her for a moment he realized that this was the real deal, the woman was actually freaking out. Thinking about it, rather than himself, it was most likely the man before that was the cause of this behavior. Now he's even more curious as to what kind of history those two have.

"There's been rumors about a thief that leaves blue feathers behind whenever something was stolen, and due to that they've gotten to call her the blue raven. From the conversation just now, it appears this one here is that very thief." Caius answered Lair matter-of-factly.

Eventually, once Nyrea had settled down, Caius was going to ask her to answer his question again, but somewhat unexpectedly, this time, she offered to do it on her own.

"I would very much like to hear it, and for your sake, I hope you'll do a good job of convincing us to not sell you out the next chance we get, Blue Raven."

Cold he may sound, Caius was actually looking any excuse to take her side. There was just something unpleasant about that man from before, his arrogant attitude and condescending gaze puts Caius off more than he'd like to admit. Caius usually isn't one to judge a person on first impression and would rather keep an open mind, but that man, that man he does not like. And on top of that, from the content of his speech, Caius has a feeling that it may be the wrong thing to do to hand Nyrea over.

Arvios Arvios BackSet BackSet Archemis Archemis animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs

Foster

The others all seemed to want to hear Nyrea's story, and now there was a short silence hanging in the air. Foster looked around, and then back at Nyrea, and shrugged. "If you want," he said, taking a step back and settling on the ground once more so he wasn't quite as looming. He didn't want to press anyone to go pouring out their life story, but he had to admit that he wanted to know more about this woman. He turned and snatched up one of the plates of prison food, tearing into it almost savagely. It didn't taste like much, he supposed, but given how long he had gone since having a full meal it might as well have been the best thing he had ever tasted. After a bare handful of seconds he dropped the empty plate and, with a furtive look around, grabbed a second one.

He glanced around at the others, listening and watching while he ate. He still felt that weight inside - they were going to need to make a good plan to get out of this place. Here we go again.

The few Ravenfolk he had had the pleasure of meeting with during his travels had all been steadfast and trustworthy types; he had a feeling that the one in the cell with him right now was a friend. He still wasn't sure about the two men, or the odd green-haired girl.
Arvios Arvios
BackSet BackSet

Nyrea who seemed to be spaced out finally snapped out if probably because of Foster. Everyone seemed to want to hear about this man and how she knew him. At first Odette didn't understand why she would freak out like that after seeing one man and exchanging few words but then she thought about how she would act if that scientist appeared out of no where....yeah she'd be freaking out. She looked up next to her at Caius when commented about convincing them not ratting her out. She thought that was a bit harsh just seeing her face and the way she acting was enough for to not tell on her. She glanced at Foster who seemed to be eating the food. How was he not puking it up...Well he's body could probably handle it better then hers could. Odette's attention went back to Nyrea waiting to hear her story.
BackSet BackSet
Arvios Arvios
revior revior
Archemis Archemis
Lincs Lincs

Nyrea
Jailhouse

Listening to Lair talking to her, Nyrea stood up, now facing him and giving a nod as a thanks for understanding. No, she wasn’t keen on the idea of sharing too much under normal circumstances and with the topic being what it was, well… let’s just say she was going to keep it simple. She crossed one arm, tapping her fingers on the other while she was trying to decide what to say. She stopped after hearing Caius’ last sentence and just laughed. Maybe it wasn’t the best reaction to it, but there was no humour behind it either, sounding hollow. She looked at him now, this whole ordeal making her feel too emotional drained to keep the harsh treatment she was giving him up until now. Besides what was the point?

“I don’t have one. A reason I mean. Except that you don’t need to, he doesn’t care if I’m guilty or not, that’s not the point. Actually maybe you should do it, although I’m not going to try and stick around for it if you don’t mind and there’s always a possibility it won’t make things better for you either way.” She wasn’t mad, there was little to no emotion behind her words. Her eyes moved to a place on the wall but it looked like she was watching something that wasn’t there, like she was remembering something from a distant past, her posture slowly coming back to normal too You see— I—” She took a deep breath before trying again, choosing her words carefully, fingers resuming their previous tapping in her arm. “I grew up in Kontee a city in the Southwest of Ravinia. The man you just saw used to be the captain of the guard there.” She paused for a second before pursing her lips and continuing “He had a reputation, rumours more than anything, saying that he was affiliated with one of the most important thief guilds in the region. That occasionally they would… trade favours if you will. He was known in the streets as “the reformer”, a special recruiter for the guild. You can say that if the guild wanted you, they would have you, one way or the other. He was the other. Using any kind of means and torture that would please him” She was bitting her bottom lip now, her voice almost a whisperer, but she wasn’t paying attention. “I was cocky and already refused the “invitation” once by the time I got caught. He was the one who locked me up.” A chill run through her body before she could suppress it. “He made sure I didn’t refuse a second time and even after…” Nyrea shook her head before looking at Caius again “He does it because it pleases him, not because he needs it or there’s something to gain. I wouldn’t put it behind me if he has some connection with the poachers that attacked us or that he may have other uses for all of you…”

She grabbed one of the plates and sat down, eating a little in silence and letting the story she had just share sink in. She really hoped no one wanted to stay and find out if she was telling the truth. Nobody deserved that.

Arvios Arvios BackSet BackSet revior revior Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
Oahu Krae
complete silence

Oahu was completely silent. That was heavy. Heavy enough to change Oahu's mind. They needed to get out of there now.

"woah." He said in a stunned voice. "We need to get out of here. Now." He wasn't going to let anyone disagree with him here. He was gonna help with a break out wether the others wanted too or not. Oahu whistled. "And I think I know someone who can help us." That whistle had been the one that Oahu used to call his raptors. And in trotted Karry, straight through the front door.

Arvios Arvios Archemis Archemis revior revior Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20

Valac

In a forest outside of Redvale, there was a rock.

In a forest outside of Redvale, there is not a rock anymore. It exploded, as it could not withhold the sudden increase of energy within it. Valac, for the first time in nearly a hundred years, had enough energy to form complex thoughts and preserve his memories. He was in a hibernating state, but now he was awake.

Valac felt out with his essence. He felt... life, souls, energy. He felt people, like a city, a whole community of them. That was good news! To the north, five kilometers. Being a spiritual entity has its perks. You're basically invisible, unhearable, can fly, and walk through solid matter. Intangibility for the win. Valac transported himself across acres of space in a minute and was in the city in a half.

Now then. An apt source of energy would be required. Making a contract with a mage, for now, would be sufficient. Once again, he felt out with his essence. He felt the spiritual components of everything around him. People glowed with blue light, but some - those magically gifted - glowed brighter. Walls were not an obstruction for a spirit's senses, so he could tell the placement of mages and normal people all across the city.

Now then, he just had to pick a target and a method of achieving his goal.

He observed the events in the city, spreading his consciousness like a thin blanket across its weave. Mages would feel next to nothing, perhaps a little-unlocalized disturbance if they tried to feel the weave in the area. He watched the hotspots in the city for events. He found several junctures of interest.

This group of people was interesting. They would be his host. It had several people with the potential to be contractors or pawns.

Valac possessed a rat, inside the wall of the cell. Rats are simple creatures. Even when Valac had low magical energy, he could entertain the form of a lowly, simple rodent safely because it didn't consume that much energy. Possessing the body instead of creating one further lowered the cost. He could use this to make out what the group was talking about.

Valac walked to a hole in the wall and made his way into the cell. Exactly as he felt. He came in just in time for Nyrea's story. So the guard captain was corrupt? Duly noted, blue-feather girl, Valac thought to himself, almost snickering internally. Corrupt people were only that much easier to manipulate. He heard the rest of the story. So the little guard captain was a sadist as well?

Valac prepared. It was time to reveal his presence, but then something unexpected happened. Suddenly, the tamer called a creature to the group with a whistle. Valac, currently in the form of a rat, was at the bottom of the food chain. Valac nearly panicked, but there was nothing to worry about. That thing, whatever it is, is an animal. A simple creature like that can be hypnotized to not consume him, if it were ever close to happening.

Whatever. Time to step in. Valac thought for a long second, creating a fake backstory for himself, then a name. And then, he made his way to the middle of the cell. A lonely rat, unnaturally standing in the middle of the cell. Typically, rodents kept close to walls, so the group would have noticed him quickly.

"Can I have your attention, please?" the rat spoke, his voice was light and a countertenor; the highest male voice. "My name is Nimeáno Héru, but you can call me Heru. I am the Lord of the Rats," he introduced himself. It was weird, pretending to be a sentient rat, but it was safe. Believe it or not, but magical woodland critters are surprisingly common in a fantasy world.

"Your stories have piqued my interest. I can offer you my skills to help achieve this common goal of escaping this cell. The..." Valac paused, reaching out with his essence and feeling the life-forms in the prison, "Two-hundred eighty-five rats inside of this prison are all at my command, and by extension, your command."

BackSet BackSet Arvios Arvios revior revior Archemis Archemis Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20
(This is what happens when I don't have ideas on joining into a RP situation. Talking, secretly-evil, spirit rats happen.)

Last edited:
Tobias Cabral

• Sword with a Topaz Gem
  • Shield with a Diamond
  • Short Sword
  • Crossbow with Quartz and Quiver with multiple different types of arrows
  • Fire Bombs x10
Toby placed all these items on the counter and pulled out a bag of gold. Gem enchanted items costed at least double the price of the same item without a gem. Toby decided to get more enchanted weaponry as the monsters he'd been dealing with have been having increasingly higher levels of magic, making them a much bigger pain in the ass to fight with his normal gear. While the cashier inspected the items, Toby pulled out and read over a poster that he got on the billboard of a nearby tavern, which were the hubs of mercenaries and those looking for odd jobs for big pay.

The post basically stated that a group of kids had gone missing in a forest and huge rewards were being offered for their rescue. For some reason, more and more of his missions were taking place in woodlands and forests. He was a survivalist, sure, but why were forest creatures acting so..........hostile? This was doubled in magic forests like the Mockingbird Forest that he was going into for this mission.
Birdsie Birdsie

Sir Joseph Watson
He sighed. "Aye. I have no choice. I won't let you two go out into what could be lots of danger in and around Norbury. This is especially the case since someone could be after Eliana."
Eliana hugged Rose when Joseph made his comment. "Thank you three for keeping me safe. I promise to not be a liability. I just need to get my key and horse back. On the way, I ask you to help me get my weapon skill back." She was asking both Joseph and Rose for their assistance in getting her lost skill back.
Vacuum Vacuum
P Paint The Wind
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Eligius McGowan

He eyed the items that Tobias laid out and checked the prices. Sword with a topaz, shield with a diamond, short sword, crossbow with a quartz and a quiver with many arrows, ten firebombs. A little math later, and he declared the price, "Eight thousand, four hundred and forty gold pieces."

He glanced up at Tobias. The knight was reading into a paper, which Eligius disregarded as he spoke, "I don't know what you're fighting, but I have an offer to make." Eligius introduced himself: "I am Eligius McGowan, owner of Blackhammer Forges. And yes, I know it's atypical for the owner of a guild to work at the counter, it's just a hobby. Moving on, I already mentioned an offer I have to make. You look like the kind of guy who goes around adventuring, killing monsters, and generally being a tough badass. If you're into it, I have a piece of experimental equipment I need tested by someone like that. Are you interested?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Rose kissed the top of Eliana’s head. “We’ll absolutely help you, darling,” she said softly, rubbing her back. “We’ll get Gayle and the key, train you back up, and keep you safe. You have my word,” she promised. She wrapped her arms tighter around Eliana. She felt an intense need to protect this young, beautiful woman. Also to kiss her. A lot.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Eligius McGowan

He eyed the items that Tobias laid out and checked the prices. Sword with a topaz, shield with a diamond, short sword, crossbow with a quartz and a quiver with many arrows, ten firebombs. A little math later, and he declared the price, "Eight thousand, four hundred and forty gold pieces."

He glanced up at Tobias. The knight was reading into a paper, which Eligius disregarded as he spoke, "I don't know what you're fighting, but I have an offer to make." Eligius introduced himself: "I am Eligius McGowan, owner of Blackhammer Forges. And yes, I know it's atypical for the owner of a guild to work at the counter, it's just a hobby. Moving on, I already mentioned an offer I have to make. You look like the kind of guy who goes around adventuring, killing monsters, and generally being a tough badass. If you're into it, I have a piece of experimental equipment I need tested by someone like that. Are you interested?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Tobias Cabral

Toby just gave him the entire bag of coins. Then another. "This should cover it all, my good sir." He took all this purchased things and put them all in various sheaths that were previously bought and used for different weaponry. He kept the sword out and inspected the magic inside it.

Sword Acquired:
With the Diamond in it, it can be enchanted for different effects, one at a time. With any other jewel, it is specific to said jewel. With a Diamond, it can change 5 times before the Diamond shatters
5a7f5d8c650523520cc2369296a24a4d.jpg
Crossbow and Arrows Acquired:
The Quiver comes packed with 4 different types of arrows, 10 each.
1456fbd04e88ce4b8c377ca0d623674a.jpg

Ghost- Suppresses its appearance after being fired. Completely unseeable at night
Wind- Flies at 3x speed of a normal arrow. Made for sniping and piercing armor
Blaze- Can explode and ignite opponents
Aether- Nothing is immune to this arrow and can be used for illumination

"As for your proposal, What type of experimental equipment is this? If I carry too much, it'll be hard to run," Tobias asked him, sheathing the sword after being satisfied with his purchase. More money was always a good thing, but what did he really have to offer Toby?
Birdsie Birdsie

Eliana McKenzie

Eli looked up at her. "I wouldn't ever complain about how long I was in captivity since I'm not anymore. I would've been glad for ANYONE to come and save me, but I'm extremely happy it's someone as strong, compassionate and.........." A bit of fidgeting again. She looked at Rose's midsection, about her stomach area. It looked like she was looking down though. A strategic place to look if someone were checking someone else's upper and lower assets. If Rose was good at reading expressions, she'd be able to connect the dots that Eliana was looking at both. "..........impurely attractive as you are."

Sir Joseph Watson
"Sir Joseph Watson, the Old Dawn General," he said, back on guard. The name would ring a bell to most people as he was one of the most renowned knights while he was in the army. "Eliana McKenzie was one of those we rescued from the Slave Auction held yesterday. We were sent by the people of Norbury to track her down and rescue her. Now she has belongings to get back and my co-workers are escorting her there. I was never told about a brother in Eliana's life."
Vacuum Vacuum

Cross was pointed in the direction of Joseph, who was down the hall to the right, talking to some guy no one seemed to recognize. The people were incredibly friendly. However, some of them ran off after talking to him, or moving to avoid catching his eye. These were obviously the newly freed slaves traumatized and still scared.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Maverick
"Female fur is typically softer than male fur. It's the same concept as with humans. Alpha though..........I don't know what he uses, but it's pretty high class stuff that I believe he makes himself. Whatever it is, he won't tell me. Trade secret," she finished the last two words in a mocking tone. Obviously she wanted to know his secret to that level of fur care yet he wasn't sharing.
Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf
“Later is best.....now order Baumet to return to where he was we are bathing!!!” Luna yelled, which only made Baumet scurry back off to the trees to keep watch on Luna. “His is oddly soft now that I think about it, maybe when you are done with your training he won’t mind sharing it, until then though I’ll share it with you” winking at Maverick as she finished up bathing. Once finished Luna stepped out of the pond and dried herself off before getting dressed. Putting her fathers coat around herself, if only to feel safe without him there, she waited for maverick. “Are there any young pups who have no parents? I know as wolves you typically care for every child in the pack and protect them all but....I’m trying to say if anyone ever needs a child watched I’d be more than happy to baby sit!” Laughing as she tried to stay relaxed, she felt slightly uneasy without Silas there, or her father.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"Yeesh I heard love blooms in the battlefield but this is ridiculous. Took me and my wife a year at least to not be at each others throats when we targeted the same thing. These two just up and want to brew coffee after a small bit of time together. Kids these days I swear." Cross said to Robert regarding the display of affection. "Hope this doesn't complicate things."

“Later is best.....now order Baumet to return to where he was we are bathing!!!” Luna yelled, which only made Baumet scurry back off to the trees to keep watch on Luna. “His is oddly soft now that I think about it, maybe when you are done with your training he won’t mind sharing it, until then though I’ll share it with you” winking at Maverick as she finished up bathing. Once finished Luna stepped out of the pond and dried herself off before getting dressed. Putting her fathers coat around herself, if only to feel safe without him there, she waited for maverick. “Are there any young pups who have no parents? I know as wolves you typically care for every child in the pack and protect them all but....I’m trying to say if anyone ever needs a child watched I’d be more than happy to baby sit!” Laughing as she tried to stay relaxed, she felt slightly uneasy without Silas there, or her father.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Eliana McKenzie

For some reason, Eliana felt very safe in Rose's arms. She was safe with all these people. Joseph was definitely that reliable grandfather she never really had, Cross had a strong sense of justice and Rose was resolute and compassionate. Speaking of Rose, Eliana got a lot closer to her and squeezed her hard. PDA was frowned upon, but.........she wanted to be near her. The closer the better. She kissed Rose's hand which was wrapped around her.
P Paint The Wind

Sir Joseph Watson
A huge chuckle from Joseph. "Truer words haven't been spoken, son," he said aloud, patting Cross on the back. "Took me and my wife 3 years of friendship before dating and another 2 before coffee became a thing.........." He shrugged. "But hey, whatever boats their float. As long as they keep in mind what we need to do, I'll not pluck the silver from my head to worry about it." They were both consenting adults so he didn't care.
Eliana's face turned a deep shade of red at their comments. She looked down and apologized. "My apologies. After 5 years a slave, I just need less abusive companionship."
"No worries, my dear." Joseph said again. Like a jolly old man, he was loud with it. "What happens with you two is the business of you two." He turned to the two men, but addressed Cross, Eliana, and Rose. "We will turn the man in and set out. We already have the hitman contract, so it's about as much use as we'll get out of him regardless. I'll have the workers fix up Warren before letting him go. We need to get to get Eliana's stuff and then to Norbury ASAP so we can see what the village knows about this Keifer McKenzie."
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
P Paint The Wind

Maverick
Maverick nodded. "You'll have to spend a bit more time with the pack first. Show them that you're not just looking to feed or to leech off Alpha. I don't feel like it, but you will need to prove it with some others of the pack. I don't think that fight helped your case of not being a succubus. We have plenty of orphans and have a policy of adopting any parentless we come across. They all get the care that they need."
Maverick was thrown off by the black dragon. She tried to ignore it when it just screeched since Luna was talking to it, but it seemed a lot more off-putting now because it was just...........staring. With that voice that wasn't its own, she figured that Raven could very well be looking through its eyes. How else would he know the dragon was watching Luna.........and by proxy (since she was right beside her) herself? They were nude and bathing. "Should I call Alpha about that dragon? It could be considered a safety violation as per his order."

Eliana McKenzie

For some reason, Eliana felt very safe in Rose's arms. She was safe with all these people. Joseph was definitely that reliable grandfather she never really had, Cross had a strong sense of justice and Rose was resolute and compassionate. Speaking of Rose, Eliana got a lot closer to her and squeezed her hard. PDA was frowned upon, but.........she wanted to be near her. The closer the better. She kissed Rose's hand which was wrapped around her.
P Paint The Wind

Sir Joseph Watson
A huge chuckle from Joseph. "Truer words haven't been spoken, son," he said aloud, patting Cross on the back. "Took me and my wife 3 years of friendship before dating and another 2 before coffee became a thing.........." He shrugged. "But hey, whatever boats their float. As long as they keep in mind what we need to do, I'll not pluck the silver from my head to worry about it." They were both consenting adults so he didn't care.
Eliana's face turned a deep shade of red at their comments. She looked down and apologized. "My apologies. After 5 years a slave, I just need less abusive companionship."
"No worries, my dear." Joseph said again. Like a jolly old man, he was loud with it. "What happens with you two is the business of you two." He turned to the two men, but addressed Cross, Eliana, and Rose. "We will turn the man in and set out. We already have the hitman contract, so it's about as much use as we'll get out of him regardless. I'll have the workers fix up Warren before letting him go. We need to get to get Eliana's stuff and then to Norbury ASAP so we can see what the village knows about this Keifer McKenzie."
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
P Paint The Wind

Maverick
Maverick nodded. "You'll have to spend a bit more time with the pack first. Show them that you're not just looking to feed or to leech off Alpha. I don't feel like it, but you will need to prove it with some others of the pack. I don't think that fight helped your case of not being a succubus. We have plenty of orphans and have a policy of adopting any parentless we come across. They all get the care that they need."
Maverick was thrown off by the black dragon. She tried to ignore it when it just screeched since Luna was talking to it, but it seemed a lot more off-putting now because it was just...........staring. With that voice that wasn't its own, she figured that Raven could very well be looking through its eyes. How else would he know the dragon was watching Luna.........and by proxy (since she was right beside her) herself? They were nude and bathing. "Should I call Alpha about that dragon? It could be considered a safety violation as per his order."
“If you feel the need, it has been following us since we left town” putting herself between the dragons view and Maverick “I can see why, I don’t like acting that....in that way” Luna blushed as she glanced back, hissing at Baumet “you are fine to change, I won’t let him see you, but would it look good if I adopted one of the pups? I’m not a succubus....” holding her hand out to offer help out of the pond.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"No offense Joseph but I'm old enough to where when I was a teen I may have met your Grandfather. Hell I've been around since before the Ravinian crusaders. So if we want to exchange stories I'm game. So we at least got each other." Cross admitted counting the time as he knew his wife would realize he was about to head out on a mission. "My wife will not let me hear the end of it when she learns I broke my promise of no more Merc missions."

Caius Grants
Redvale: Jailhouse
So the man cares not for whether or not one is guilty and simply does whatever pleases him. That can't be good, that can't be good for anyone here. Even if all here except one did nothing wrong, addition charges can be fabricated.

"Well then, I suppose then it would be best to get out of here as soon as possible. But if I may make a request, I would like to ask that there be no killing in this escape attempt, I'm sure we all want as small a bounty on our heads a possible by the time this is done."

It's time to break out, but how? Caius weren't too worry about that, he had realized and a few here had already some ideas of their own in getting out of the cell. One of them had already called up his pet to aid them. A pet that, now that Caius looks closely for the first time looks kind of like a cockatrice, a creature that is half chicken and half snake and can kill with a stare. This isn't that is it?

Caius was patient, he waits to see what would unfold, for he himself has no talents in the art of jail breaking whatsoever. The only thing his master had taught him was that he would be better off dead than captured, for in death he is free, but in captivity, his life will be in the hands of another to do with as they please. Of course, if both could be avoided, that would be great.

And then, the most unbelievable thing happen. There was a rat amidst them, one that Caius had though to kick across the room thinking that it might try to steal their food, disgusting it may be, and it could cause sickness in anyone who would eat if after the rat without noticing. However, beyond expectation, the rat spoke, and it said the most unbelievable things. Now Caius has twice the desire to kick it, for what it had said was truly unbelievable.

"A rat taking interest in human stories? And it wants to help? O King of Rats, how about you just straight forwardly tell us what you actually want rather than play this game?"

As far as Caius can tell, there were nothing in that story that would interest a rat, talking or otherwise, especially not enough for one to offer it's help, whatever happens to them should to affect the rat one bit, unless of course, it wanted something from them. However, Caius wasn't about to decline the help though, nor does he expect the rat to simply spill everything out, he only said what he did to highly how suspicious this rat is to the others.

BackSet BackSet Arvios Arvios Archemis Archemis Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20 Birdsie Birdsie

Odette was sitting there hugging her knees. “That’s awful....he sounds like a scary man.” Well that settles it looks like they were getting out of there. Oahu seemed to think he knew someone that could get them out. Caius brought up that they avoid killing anyone which Odette nodded agreeing on that. Then something strange happened a rat came up to the middle of there jail cell and started talking. “King of the rats?” She laid down on her stomach and looked at the rat. She smiled at him. “You really want to help us?” Caius spoke up about not really believing this rat but Odette wasn’t really listening. “Hey I have an idea. Anyway you get us the key for this cell and the one next door oh and their weapons?” She didn’t even think it was the slightly bit suspicious. “If you do that we can all breakout and then hideout for a little bit. I know the perfect place we can all hideout to.” If someone didn’t stop her soon it was very likely she would start agreeing to things she didn’t understand if this rat really did want something. That and she seemed like she was ready to spill on just about anything. Odette didn’t see why a small rat would want to lie or trick them so she instantly believed him.
BackSet BackSet
Arvios Arvios
revior revior
Archemis Archemis
Lincs Lincs

1520509056644.png
EL AGUAR RIVIERA

Wandering around

Not with anyone (open to interaction - mentioning Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi briefly)​

With a respectful nod, taking one last glance at the Draconian woman, he began making his way down the stairs of the monastery. "I wish you luck with your training, miss. May your training bring you your dreams." He slowly stepped to the bottom of the stairs, turning around one final time to marvel in the full grandness of the Monastery. It was a shame it would take him so long to train here - he would've loved to learn a few spells from the monks here for a couple of days. The architecture, the calmness, the refined way of life...truly, he was disappointed to be not able to savour some of it for himself. Oh well, he thought, there were always other monasteries.

Sighing a deep breath, he looked around contemplating what to do next. Then, he felt a small hunger begin to creep up on him. Lunch it was, then. He began to make his way to one of the bakeries he had seen on the way to the monastery, looking forward to sampling some of the pie that this town had to offer. With some luck, maybe he could find somewhere that made fish pie - his favourite meal.

It didn't take him long to find what he was looking for - his nose guided him all the way. The rain was still falling, yet not a single drop had fallen on him. That was one of the perks with being a strong water mage - all it took was a simple thought to stop raindrops from being physically able to touch you. He step into the shop, bone dry, and walked up to the wooden counter. The bakery was more of a restaurant than a shop, with a few tables for people to enjoy their meal with. It was quite popular in this weather, yet there was still plenty of stock and space to go around. After a few minutes, he ordered himself a slice of steak pie - he was too hungry to go looking further for any fish pie - and sat down. He finished his meal quite quickly, and with that out of the way he paid his tab and left.

He didn't know where to go from there - so, he seemed content just wandering around.

Eligius McGowan

Eligius smiled. "Oh, I assure you. It doesn't weigh much, come with me, buddy," he invited, then signaled to another cashier to take over. Eligius led Tobias to the back of the shop, then down a corridor where they walked downstairs two floors. After crossing another hallway, they were near a vault.

"I keep it inside, for safety," he explained. Eligius knocked on the vault door. Quad-adamantium locks, twelve abjurative sigils, coated in planar barriers to ensure the intrusion of spiritual entities is impossible. Eligius put his hand on the surface of the vault, causing it to glow blue. A small beeping sand rang out, followed by a sizzling and a release of air from the outside as air pressure evened out. Eligius waited a moment and started turning the valve, opening the vault, and asked, "By the way, you got a name?"

The vault was open in ten more seconds. Inside, there was a plain, white room with marble tile floor. Five by five by five meters in every direction, a perfect cube. In the middle, there was a small postument, and on it was a closed, wooden box. "Just a formality, of course," he explained the question's intent.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Valac

Ah, right, he realized. Spending so much time around barmy marble-druids really makes you out of tune with social norms. Cultural difference. They don't expect kindness from random woodland critters, Valac nodded internally.

Valac decided to play the persistence game. If he went along with expectations right now, he'd be compromising his position as a kind creature. He needed to appear perfect and amiable. Going back on what he said would make him appear a treacherous liar.

"Are you suggesting that because I am a rat, I may not enjoy human stories? That is a silly notion, almost like saying a goblin can't enjoy kobold ale." But then, again, kobold ale isn't that good to begin with. Just to be safe, Valac focused his magic.

He decided to turn the whole situation around: Bewitching Voice. A spell that creates a subliminal effect, causing listeners to lean toward what is said by the caster without them knowing any magic was used. Valac used it and spoke with it active. His words were sweet and touching like a balm. His choice of words while using the spell was also careful, each word changed the sound and meaning of a sentence and could be associated with a different state of mind. A hundred years of manipulating kings would not fail him:

"I do this because of my belief in justice. In my understanding, if you have a chance to prevent evil, but refuse to do so, you are just as responsible as the evil-doer. That man will torture you, will he?" With that, he would have established himself as a kind and good being in the minds of all but the extremely paranoid and narrow-minded. He looked at Caius with his last sentence to cement his words in the swordsman's mind. "I can't allow that; I want to help you."

And with that sequence of words, Valac stopped using the Bewitching Voice. He could feel a part of his energy leave to create the effect in the minds of the people in the cell. His time was cut shorter by at least several minutes, but it would pay off. Patience and investments are how you made play on the stage of politics and manipulation. Right now, he made an investment that would pay off in several adventurers having a little more trust towards a lil' old rat king.

He turned to Odette. "I'll go get the key, but before I go. Do you have any plan of action after escaping the cell?"

BackSet BackSet Arvios Arvios revior revior Archemis Archemis Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
Nyrea
Jailhouse

Nyrea was mostly playing with her food while listening, her appetite ruined and she had to admit the food was terrible, not that she was expecting otherwise. When Caius asked for the no kill policy she was happy to agree, they could think whatever they want of her but she didn't kill if she didn't think it was needed.

"I accept, but if I see "the reformer" I can't promise he'll walk away with his life. He owns me a world of pain." Maybe it wasn't the best idea to tell them that, or to kill him as a matter of fact. But what he was done to her... She couldn't let him walk that easy and if she had the chance. But then again he probably wasn't in the building anymore if his words were anything to go by.

She noticed the rat move to the center of the cell absently minded. But when he started talking she jumped, plate hitting the floor and content spilled around it. And she yelled, a flick of fire appearing in her hand as a reflex . "What the flying f**" maybe talking creatures were common but she never heard one and she was far from expecting it. Seeing everyone relaxed she let the fire die. She had to agree with Caius, she didn't trust anything that was coming out of its mouth. So when she saw Odette happly spilling the figurative beans she moved to cover her mouth with a hand, narrowing her eyes. Call her cautious or paranoid but trust was not something she gave freely to anyone who came asking.

When the rat kept talking she felt moved by the speech. Pulling some heartstrings she thought she didn't have anymore, maybe it was the part of her that still wanted to see some good in others, maybe she was spending too much time with these people. But the last part... when it said "I want to help you" the only thing she could hear was another voice, followed by her name and trust me. I want to help Nyrea, trust me. And she felt something break. Like a dagger slicing those strings. She kept her stance and face neutral, careful to not betray any thoughts. Trust me they tell her. She still has dry blood in her mouth from the last time she bared her back.

"We don't need the key. I am a thief after all" she winked to the rat her voice light with laughter. "Good hearts are rare to find, so I thank you but you don't deserve to never be repaid for your kindness" she was smiling sweetly to it now. Turning to the rest she kept on talking, all business now. "But we do need a plan. I know me and Lair over there can use magic. Anyone else? Weapons?" focussing on Odette now "Any possibility that you know the layout of the building?" She grabbed the dagger she had hidden in her clothes, moving her eyes to the guards who were with their backs turned. The fools. "Lair I can take care of the one in the right can you do something with the other? And it has to be silent"

She would wait for an answer before moving.

Arvios Arvios revior revior Lincs Lincs animegirl20 animegirl20 Birdsie Birdsie BackSet BackSet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back