• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Forging the Legends of Ravinia

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silas O'Vera
Werewolf Camp

He eyed her belly and smiled while placing his hand on it. "Our wedding will be soon, Luna. Before your father tries to do what it is he's trying to do. We're moving camp. We're being tasked a mission fairly far away. On the bright side though, it'll be in Orc Territory." Vampires should never go anywhere near Werewolf heavy cities and vice versa, so human, elf, and especially orc places were good places to be. Orc areas in particular were the most lenient to every race but elves and were places to get PLENTY of good stuff for non-human fighters and fantastic services for non-human civilians. Silas adored Orc territory even more than werewolf territory.
Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Sir Joseph Watson
Scarlet Woods
"So Phoenix. Being a familiar, does the Mr or Mrs allow you to fight much?" Joseph asked. He accepted the Phoenix's request to come with him because he was the only one who actually had something to discuss. "It seems exhausting being their messenger."
Joseph slashed through a really thick log with his rapier. This was a symbol of high strength if he was slashing a thick log with a thin blade like a rapier, a sword clearly made for stabbing. What he lacked in speed due to his age, he never lost his strength. Joseph looked at the newcomer as she approached and spoke. So she followed them. "You've been following us, lady. Not a polite thing to do......." Joseph was on guard the entire time and it finally dawned on him why. They were being followed and watched. He just assumed it was because of the werewolves. No. It was before they even went in the forest. "Still. If you're lost, we could possibly help you. If you are tasked to follow us though, it's good to leave now." He picked up the split wood and put them in the bag.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Eliana McKenzie
Scarlet Woods- Tent

Eliana caressed Rose's leg and then her back while she kissed deeply. When she finally took a breath, she spoke. "I have plenty of space and I'd love to share it with you. You smell like high class soap. Vanilla." She knew immediately that Rose had no intention of sleeping in her own tent. That was fine with her because Eli planned on sneaking to Rose's tent after dark if she did set it up.
P Paint The Wind

Tobias Cabral
Cave

"If I have to hit you, Raven, I'll probably knock you out," he said bluntly. He was NOT about to risk his life dealing with psychological problems unless they came from the enemy. In that case, he'd knock Raven out and carry him along with whoever he saved in this cave. "Regardless of the fact that we just met, we're here against enemies. We watch each other's backs, we leave, get paid, get laid, never see each other again." Tobias wasn't scared of anything. Unless he was about to fight a dragon or something, being mentally there would not be an issue before the fight.

They proceeded into a diversion of the cave, leading into an icy portion. The temperature was immensely cold, even colder than the other portion. WELL below freezing. Could very well be reaching 0 degrees. Tobias touched his chest and the heat rune activated, warming him up. "A mixture of magic and natural ice is in this cave." He stopped has his foot went numb immediately and sunk just a bit. Right in front of them was a big body of water. "Either that water is really deep or it's being kept liquid by magic. Regardless, frostbite is now a major threat." Between the cold air and the threat of water, frostbite would not be a good thing, especially if it was in the feet.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Silas O'Vera
Werewolf Camp

He eyed her belly and smiled while placing his hand on it. "Our wedding will be soon, Luna. Before your father tries to do what it is he's trying to do. We're moving camp. We're being tasked a mission fairly far away. On the bright side though, it'll be in Orc Territory." Vampires should never go anywhere near Werewolf heavy cities and vice versa, so human, elf, and especially orc places were good places to be. Orc areas in particular were the most lenient to every race but elves and were places to get PLENTY of good stuff for non-human fighters and fantastic services for non-human civilians. Silas adored Orc territory even more than werewolf territory.

Sir Joseph Watson
Scarlet Woods
"So Phoenix. Being a familiar, does the Mr or Mrs allow you to fight much?" Joseph asked. He accepted the Phoenix's request to come with him because he was the only one who actually had something to discuss. "It seems exhausting being their messenger."
Joseph slashed through a really thick log with his rapier. This was a symbol of high strength if he was slashing a thick log with a thin blade like a rapier, a sword clearly made for stabbing. What he lacked in speed due to his age, he never lost his strength. Joseph looked at the newcomer as she approached and spoke. So she followed them. "You've been following us, lady. Not a polite thing to do......." Joseph was on guard the entire time and it finally dawned on him why. They were being followed and watched. He just assumed it was because of the werewolves. No. It was before they even went in the forest. "Still. If you're lost, we could possibly help you. If you are tasked to follow us though, it's good to leave now." He picked up the split wood and put them in the bag.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Eliana McKenzie
Scarlet Woods- Tent

Eliana caressed Rose's leg and then her back while she kissed deeply. When she finally took a breath, she spoke. "I have plenty of space and I'd love to share it with you. You smell like high class soap. Vanilla." She knew immediately that Rose had no intention of sleeping in her own tent. That was fine with her because Eli planned on sneaking to Rose's tent after dark if she did set it up.
P Paint The Wind

Tobias Cabral
Cave

"If I have to hit you, Raven, I'll probably knock you out," he said bluntly. He was NOT about to risk his life dealing with psychological problems unless they came from the enemy. In that case, he'd knock Raven out and carry him along with whoever he saved in this cave. "Regardless of the fact that we just met, we're here against enemies. We watch each other's backs, we leave, get paid, get laid, never see each other again." Tobias wasn't scared of anything. Unless he was about to fight a dragon or something, being mentally there would not be an issue before the fight.

They proceeded into a diversion of the cave, leading into an icy portion. The temperature was immensely cold, even colder than the other portion. WELL below freezing. Could very well be reaching 0 degrees. Tobias touched his chest and the heat rune activated, warming him up. "A mixture of magic and natural ice is in this cave." He stopped has his foot went numb immediately and sunk just a bit. Right in front of them was a big body of water. "Either that water is really deep or it's being kept liquid by magic. Regardless, frostbite is now a major threat." Between the cold air and the threat of water, frostbite would not be a good thing, especially if it was in the feet.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
“O-Orcs.....” Luna leaned against Silas, blushing from his hand on her belly but an uneasy feeling considering the last war she was involved in. “I know that but Silas which kingdom or tribe are most of the orcs in that area associated with? I only ask because in the last war I....wasn’t exactly humane to the orcs in...” gripping silas’s forearm a little tighter “I’m sure there aren’t many there from that time, and I have my alpha to protect me....no to protect us...” acting a bit like a school girl she giggled.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Nyrea
Jailhouse (Entrance)

Nyrea smiled wickedly when Lair used the rod like she intended. "This is what I'm talking about!" she said playfully when she sees the guards falling like flies, the smile still playing in her lips. But that smiles disappears when she notices the three remaining guards and the mage still standing unaffected. "Well that could have gone better I guess" she continues just under her breath letting the magic dissipate now that it had done it's job. She looks around at the group, sure they could probably take down the remaining forces but their time was running out and she knew it. Besides Oahu none of them seemed like they were heavy-lifters and the situation was going to change for the worse, and soon, if they didn't move.

She noticed Lair's labored breathing next to her. Yup it was time to get this show on the road. "Yeah, either that or to keep running. You know like good fugitives and all" she joked, as she finished saying that the mage fixed his eyes on the group and she gulped. "Oh boy..." he started to whisper something while the guards started charging in their direction, probably trying to easy the pain enough to fight "Not trying to pressure anyone or anything but are we voting? I feel like we should vote..." One of the guards, probably noticing she was responsible for the water magic that incapacitated most of his friends, took a wild swing with is sword at Nyrea. Jumping out of the way and moving behind is back, she kept on talking. She should probably sound more worried than she did, given the circumstances, but her tone stayed light, only pausing a little when moving. "They look mad... Can we go? I vote we go..."

Although she was saying that she was staying close to the others, not really making a run for it before they did. She grabbed the last smoke bomb and looked at it for a moment while playing with it around her fingers, an idea forming in her head. Probably a bad one. Most definitely a very bad one. She shrugged and smiled again, What could possible go wrong, she thought sarcastically, before moving again in the mage's direction, closing the small distance between them as fast as she could, only stopping in she was right in front of his face.

"I always wanted to try this" she told him, before pulling the hood as down as she could, keeping her arm in front of her face and making the canister open very close to the mage's eyes.

Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs Birdsie Birdsie BackSet BackSet revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20

“O-Orcs.....” Luna leaned against Silas, blushing from his hand on her belly but an uneasy feeling considering the last war she was involved in. “I know that but Silas which kingdom or tribe are most of the orcs in that area associated with? I only ask because in the last war I....wasn’t exactly humane to the orcs in...” gripping silas’s forearm a little tighter “I’m sure there aren’t many there from that time, and I have my alpha to protect me....no to protect us...” acting a bit like a school girl she giggled.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Silas O'Vera

"The orcs have changed in the past 50 years. They don't hate outsiders anymore, which is more than what can be said about a certain oh-so-virtuous oh-so-intelligent immortal race." He said that part in a mocking tone and was referring to Elves. Orcs changed a LOT in 50 years. The Ravinian Crusaders defeating Semala during their war had it end peacefully. Tolerance-wise, Ari unwittingly captivated the Warlord's daughter by kicking her ass on the battlefield. That didn't mean much initially. However, the dormant effect was instantaneous when he was in one of their cities. Ari was out in that area getting flowers to put on Arabelle's grave and out of nowhere, he was picked up and put over her shoulder. This was an act of affection in Orc culture to pick up who you wanted to be with and carry them off. The Orc's way of showing love was pretty aggressive. It wasn't uncommon for orcs to flex their muscles and show off their strength impress their beau, or to hit them playfully and knock something like a human into a wall by complete mistake. Ari and this woman being seen together was like Avery and knight bodybuilder. It didn't go any further for like another decade, staying at the friendship level, but they got really close in that interval
Since then, the Orc Warlord died at age 130 and she stepped up as the new warlord and the people started to act more on feeling, slowly but surely eroding the most rigid and hardline parts of Orc customs. Of course there is some opposition with some of the people who feel like species purity is the most important, but that's quickly becoming the unpopular opinion. They went from fighting for the sake of it to living up to their high standards of honor. They were savage and strong, but they were definitely worthy of respect.
The Elves........haven't changed much if at all. Tradition was tradition. If you're an elf and marry a non-elf, you're just as looked down on as the species you marry. While her skill jammed things out of place for a bit due to her position mixed with her love choice, things back in place when Bailey retired from being the General due to her eye injury. Silas hated Elf territories. As beautiful as the places were, humans were the only ones they treated with even slight decency. Even then, it was fairly common to for Elves to turn their nose up at "mere mortals" and insult their intelligence. If you weren't a mage or an Archer, you need not apply here
He rubbed her belly. "No matter the race, Luna. I'll protect both you and our little one with my life."

Valac
Redvale, Jailhouse

Valac watched with horrified eyes as a woman signed her death warrant in front of him. And she did it with a hood, a smoke bomb, and a bad idea.

The guard-mage, when he saw her moving in his direction, cast a thunderwave spell. The earth shook, and a shockwave of high force spread from the place where he stood, releasing a sound comparable to thunder. Anyone nearby would be not as much pushed, but launched back, as if shot from a cannon. And those not in range would still feel the rage of power hitting their face and moving through their hair, or in Valac's case, fur.

The other guards took this as a mark to open combat and moved in, trying to attack the fugitives with their stun rods.

Valac looked at Nyrea, scolding her like an aggravated parent. "A bad idea - you can't attack a fully-prepared mage head on!" he said.

In a mage-versus-mage duel, the only real thing that matters is who has more mana. If mana was to be quantified with numbers, one-thousand is better than one-hundred. Every spell is just another method of releasing one's energy and forcing the other mage to spend his own energy to protect himself. However, with that method, whoever has less energy is nearly assured to lose. Which is why mages use such creative spells, try to dodge, and otherwise minimize their loss of energy during a duel.

To sum it up. If your opponent is out of energy, it doesn't matter if you're still full, or also almost out of energy. You can still manifest a blade of fire to slice his throat apart and finish him off. In other words, the most effective way to beat a mage is to make him run out of mana. Or ambush him when he's not expecting it. Or just get lucky and somehow kill him. The two latter methods can't always work, of course.

"We need to find a way to make him waste all of his energy!"

A good example would be Valac himself. Had he even a smidge of power to contest with, he could assault the mage's mind directly.

Speaking of which, Valac felt vertigo. He was getting dizzy, and everything in his sight whirled. His brain was failing, and its cells were about to start dying. Two-three minutes left. Valac hesitated. He needed this body, at least for now. Damn it. Damn it. Curse you. Curse you... He looked at the mage with enmity.

That's when an idea struck him. There was this old saying... Cook two meals in one pot?

"Lair," he turned to the ravenman. "I need some mana. Just a little bit. What I'm about to do is really stupid and really risky, but if it works, we can cash on it." For the first time, Valac was undoubtedly one-hundred percent honest with anyone in this group. But sometimes you have to take risks.

Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs Archemis Archemis BackSet BackSet revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20

Rose smiled and rubbed Eli’s lower back. “You smell like lilacs,” she said with a small blush. “I’m glad I get to stay with you. You’re so lovely.” She continued to rub her back and kissed her again. She put her hand on Eli’s thigh and looked into her eyes. She was just so pretty, and Rose was so gay. “I’ve never been so enfatuated with anyone before. I can’t stop thinking about you…” Rose said. She was bright pink at this point.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Asterus scoffed at being called a familiar. "I am no Familiar the services I provide are similar but I am not a true familiar. A familiar is summoned by magic means. I on the other hand was born. Not summoned. There is no place for me to return to should I actually die. Which on it's own would be difficult. If I recall my last death was 5 days ago due to a cat. Said cat was burnt into nothing but ashes and I came back. And that was death 448." The phoenix recounted as though it were nothing more then a nuisance. Which in truth it was. And he made note when the shouting stopped. "As I predicted and nearly a new record."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Silas O'Vera

"The orcs have changed in the past 50 years. They don't hate outsiders anymore, which is more than what can be said about a certain oh-so-virtuous oh-so-intelligent immortal race." He said that part in a mocking tone and was referring to Elves. Orcs changed a LOT in 50 years. The Ravinian Crusaders defeating Semala during their war had it end peacefully. Tolerance-wise, Ari unwittingly captivated the Warlord's daughter by kicking her ass on the battlefield. That didn't mean much initially. However, the dormant effect was instantaneous when he was in one of their cities. Ari was out in that area getting flowers to put on Arabelle's grave and out of nowhere, he was picked up and put over her shoulder. This was an act of affection in Orc culture to pick up who you wanted to be with and carry them off. The Orc's way of showing love was pretty aggressive. It wasn't uncommon for orcs to flex their muscles and show off their strength impress their beau, or to hit them playfully and knock something like a human into a wall by complete mistake. Ari and this woman being seen together was like Avery and knight bodybuilder. It didn't go any further for like another decade, staying at the friendship level, but they got really close in that interval
Since then, the Orc Warlord died at age 130 and she stepped up as the new warlord and the people started to act more on feeling, slowly but surely eroding the most rigid and hardline parts of Orc customs. Of course there is some opposition with some of the people who feel like species purity is the most important, but that's quickly becoming the unpopular opinion. They went from fighting for the sake of it to living up to their high standards of honor. They were savage and strong, but they were definitely worthy of respect.
The Elves........haven't changed much if at all. Tradition was tradition. If you're an elf and marry a non-elf, you're just as looked down on as the species you marry. While her skill jammed things out of place for a bit due to her position mixed with her love choice, things back in place when Bailey retired from being the General due to her eye injury. Silas hated Elf territories. As beautiful as the places were, humans were the only ones they treated with even slight decency. Even then, it was fairly common to for Elves to turn their nose up at "mere mortals" and insult their intelligence. If you weren't a mage or an Archer, you need not apply here
He rubbed her belly. "No matter the race, Luna. I'll protect both you and our little one with my life."
“I’m glad that things ended the way they did during that war, although for such a brutish race it is interesting to see how they have developed over the last few years, I suppose this will be an exciting move” looking down at his hand when he started to run her belly “do you think I’ll be a good mother....? I’m not exactly a full blooded vampire....oh.....I how the leader has forgiven father the time he got drunk and started hitting on her” her expression was growing quite flustered. It took a lot of strong drinks to get him drunk but Raven had virtually stripped and started flirting with multiple females ending with the chieftain and him getting knocked through a wall.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Asterus scoffed at being called a familiar. "I am no Familiar the services I provide are similar but I am not a true familiar. A familiar is summoned by magic means. I on the other hand was born. Not summoned. There is no place for me to return to should I actually die. Which on it's own would be difficult. If I recall my last death was 5 days ago due to a cat. Said cat was burnt into nothing but ashes and I came back. And that was death 448." The phoenix recounted as though it were nothing more then a nuisance. Which in truth it was. And he made note when the shouting stopped. "As I predicted and nearly a new record."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Sir Joseph Watson

"I'm not in the business of splitting hairs," the old man muttered. He of course already knew the difference, but you can't really tell the difference between something born and something summoned could you? Plus, born creatures could be made into summon status, which is where a lot of nature-oriented beast tamers get a portion of their power. A nice gray line ensued there, but the difference was subtle at best. If they could be in a smaller less powerful version of what they really were and subservient to someone, they were a familiar in Joseph's eyes. On top of that, the Phoenix didn't really answer the question. Oh well. He picked up his loot and placed the sack on his back. He then looked back to the girl he was talking to. "Feel free to join us. Otherwise, walk in any direction and you'll be out of here 60 minutes tops." he said as he began to walk off. "Tomorrow, we'll be reaching Norbury around sunset time, 1700-1900 assuming we have no complications." Norbury wasn't their destination, but the general area, so Mirefield would be maybe an hour or 2 closer
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Eliana McKenzie
"That's your effect on me, Rose. You've been on my mind since the moment I laid eyes on you." She closed her eyes, getting lost in the scents, the moment, and most importantly, Rose herself. "The temptation's been too great." She grabbed Rose's hand and pulled her close and hugged her neck, pulling her down. Fuck it. "I don't care anymore. You are amazing, beautiful and brave. You are who I want to be with."
P Paint The Wind

Silas O'Vera
"Your father started hitting on the New Orc Warlord? Holy fuck," Silas said. It was less in a "he's a moron" type of way and more in a "he's a big undead pair on him" way, neither condoning nor condemning his actions. Considering that Ari was most likely there and did not a thing when this happened other than enjoy the show of Raven doing some stuff that could very well get him killed, it was probably one of the most entertaining things that Silas would've ever watched if he was there. Luna brought up concerns of being a good mother. "This baby will be a Vampire Werewolf. I'm the werewolf here, you're the vampire here. As long as we balance out their halves, there will be no issues and they'll grow up to be a fine soul no matter what path they choose to walk."

"I don't fight. But I can do this." Asterus offered his wing to Joseph. Eagerly awaiting the old human to take his wing. And it seemed like he was excited to show Joseph what he could do.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Foster
The sniper shook his head ruefully, watching from the edge of the fighting as Nyrea wove around a guard like she was made out of smoke, shouting all the while about how she wanted to leave. He had been poised on the balls of his feet to run for the exit, which he had placed squarely behind him, but nobody else was moving. He was debating just taking off anyway and leaving them to their own devices - they could handle themselves, after all - when the guard that the Blue Raven had just made a fool of got back to his feet and turned toward her exposed back, brandishing his sword. Foster felt a spike of worry that was immediately accompanied by his feet leaving the ground. Before he knew it he was halfway across the yard, flipping his musket around and slamming the butt into the side of the man's head as hard as he could.

He gasped for breath, muscles he hadn't used in a while burning from the exertion. For a few seconds he could only watch as the guard he had brained collapsed to the ground in a heap. Nyrea's sarcastic calls jerked him back to awareness. She was still shouting about how they should leave, and at the same time still charging head-on into the fight. Foster wondered idly if she got some kind of rise out of this sort of thing. But the rat king's warning brought his attention towards the mage, who looked to be preparing another spell.

Ripples of magical form exploded from the robed figure. Foster's blood went cold, and he fought with himself in a moment of pure, unbridled panic. His only real experience with magic users had been from a distance - like before. But now...

He stumbled in his haste to get back and away from the shockwave. It picked him up as it expanded outward, and suddenly he was spinning through the air.
Birdsie Birdsie
BackSet BackSet
revior revior
Nelee
The man had an almost... disarming way about him. Nel felt her instinctive suspicions evaporating even as he guided her inside a particularly rowdy tavern. And offered to pay for a few drinks.

"You are far too kind," she said with another guarded smile, but nevertheless she took him up on his offer and ordered an ale. Nel had surprised even herself by stopping for a long conversation with a stranger, but she had until tomorrow morning until she had to track down her contact. There wasn't much harm in getting acquainted with some of the local folk. Some slight worries about the horse she had left in the hands of the lads outside, and about her future meeting, were quickly put out of her mind as drinks arrived; her composure evaporated for just a second as she brought the tankard to her lips.

"Allow me to introduced myself. My name is Nelee - ah, my friends simply call me Nel." She left off her surname, maybe a bit too excited about the prospect of letting her conversation partner puzzle out what kind of person she was for himself. "I take it you know your way around an airship or two?"

Caius Grants
Redvale: Jailhouse Exterior
The situation wasn't going nearly as well as expected. What was supposed to be a quick break for it turned into a dragged out fight, mostly thanks to the mage who had proven himself to be most troublesome. His casting speed was such that even Nyrea, someone who was considerably fast when compared to the rest couldn't approach him without being blow back by a spell.

"Sorry, but there's been a change of plan apparently." said Caius as he carefully lifts Odette of his shoulder and placed her back onto the ground. He decided that he needed to help the rest, that this fight had dragged on long enough and if it were to go on for any longer, reinforcements may arrive and it'll be back to the cell for all of the jail breakers, if the guards would even bother that is.

Caius charged in, using the sound of rain as his cover. He held the sword he had stolen from the guard in hand. A mage, as always, is a troublesome foe, to make up for his own lack of magic, Caius carried with him all sorts of weapons and tools to deal with different situations, including an encounter with a mage. However, right at this moment, he has only a sword and a magic rod, and his options were limiting.

Rapidly he closes the distance, and he has but about a moment to make his decision, to kill or not to kill. if he were to use the stun rod in this rain, he too would be electrocuted, and so that option is off limits as far as he is concerned. Odetter aside, he couldn't trust the rest to not leave him behind if he has proven to be a dead weight. This meant that he has only the sword to rely on. He about three wide steps away from striking range, in his optimal condition it'll take three seconds and a half to get there and complete a swing, easily lopping the mage's head off. However, before he could make the first of the three steps, the mage began to turn his head. Though his focus was on the main group of escapees, he was likely alert enough that he could pick Caius' movements up in his peripheral vision. The time for him to make his decision was up.

His arm swung down, and the sword was flung forward, spinning as it goes. It was not meant to kill, Caius does not possess the finesse to make a thrown weapon land accurately where he intends it to be with certainty. The thrown sword was but a distraction, momentarily perhaps, but a single moment was enough. Within that single moment, Caius leapt in, the stun rod in his other hand held as far forwards as possible, and then, he activates it. Perhaps it would work, perhaps it would not, perhaps it would serve as a good distraction for the rest to make their move, perhaps it was not, but that was the best Caius could do at this moment. And as the sparks of electricity lit up, his vision dims.

Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs Archemis Archemis BackSet BackSet Birdsie Birdsie animegirl20 animegirl20

Alex Gremor
Interactions: (None)
In Area: animegirl20 animegirl20 Arvios Arvios revior revior Archemis Archemis

(Alex is on Hold)​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lawrence "Raven" Vlax
Interactions: Tobias ( Kylesar1 Kylesar1 )

The water was deep, and indeed frostbite was going to be a problem now. Lawrence didn't have much to defend against the cold aside from his fire element. If he had known air, Lawrence would be able to alter the temperature around him...but with a mix of natural water that might not be a good idea anyway. Lawrence gave a small snap and his flame began to swirl around his body to warm him up briefly. It stretched and began to circle around and around, so he would ultimately be alright if he didn't fall in the watery abyss.

"Caves...I fucking hate caves. Whatever lives in it has the advantage, you get lost, and everything else is just a claustrophobic nightmare. Whatever is in here had better be easier than it seems."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiona Naerva
Interactions: Joseph Kylesar1 Kylesar1 ,
In Area:Cross Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi , Rose P Paint The Wind

Fiona thought about her decision for a while. It would be better not to return to the city. If she let the idea of werewolves being there slip or somehow lead to their discovery, their obvious answer might be the one who was snooping around their territory. The idea of being hunted by creatures with superior senses and agility to her scared Fiona, so she looked at the old man, but he had said she could join she sighed with relief. "Thanks Sir, I appreciate your kindness. If I can be of service, please don't hesitate to ask."

Fiona had decided it would ultimately be best not to return to Redvale if she could. The guards would ultimately find her and question her. It would probably be best if they thought she were dead and forgot about her before returning. Fiona looked at the area and the people around it. It was an odd group. Fiona didn't know what to feel about this situation. New things always bothered her on some level. Not a whole lot could be done, so much like her time in prison she would just have to suck it up and be grateful she wasn't a corpse by now. Although, she did wonder what her parents felt like. Their own daughter had lead to an unjust arrest and vanished. Fiona fondled the booklet in her satchel and wondered what had ultimately become of her parents. They were safe..."Ugh no! Just assume they're glad I'm gone."

She stared uncomfortably at the Pheonix and the man with it. Just her luck. Why was it Fiona always found herself in binding and uncomfortable situations?

Zak Schrodinger
Interactions: Nelee ( Lincs Lincs )

A joyful smile came over Zak's face at the question of airships. He took a very large swig and a sigh before he began to speak. "Yeah...I was raised by sailors. Dunno where my parents are, but I am a purely authentic beastman. Fangs and eyes like mine only appear in pureblood of our race. Thunderstorms are nasty for flight, I would rather fly in a hurricane than a thunderstorm. I just got done with a job guarding a merchant, and he was pretty generous with the pay."

Zak took another swig and looked at his mug. It was already half empty, maybe he should slow down...maybe. He then looked at his conversation partner and said, "Well, on that note I am grateful to share a drink. Most people may look at my weapons and think I'm an unsavory mercenary. Actually, my master told me not to pursue pure mercenary work. Looking back, I'm pretty grateful for that."

A rather nostalgic expression came over Zak's face as he thought about his master. They had parted ways for a long time, but who knows what the future had in store. Zak looked at Nelee and realized he probably forgot to give his name. He set down his mug and said, "Zak Schrodinger, Animal: Cat." Now that it was out of the way, he sat down and waited for Nelee to speak.

Sir Joseph Watson

"I'm not in the business of splitting hairs," the old man muttered. He of course already knew the difference, but you can't really tell the difference between something born and something summoned could you? Plus, born creatures could be made into summon status, which is where a lot of nature-oriented beast tamers get a portion of their power. A nice gray line ensued there, but the difference was subtle at best. If they could be in a smaller less powerful version of what they really were and subservient to someone, they were a familiar in Joseph's eyes. On top of that, the Phoenix didn't really answer the question. Oh well. He picked up his loot and placed the sack on his back. He then looked back to the girl he was talking to. "Feel free to join us. Otherwise, walk in any direction and you'll be out of here 60 minutes tops." he said as he began to walk off. "Tomorrow, we'll be reaching Norbury around sunset time, 1700-1900 assuming we have no complications." Norbury wasn't their destination, but the general area, so Mirefield would be maybe an hour or 2 closer

Eliana McKenzie
"That's your effect on me, Rose. You've been on my mind since the moment I laid eyes on you." She closed her eyes, getting lost in the scents, the moment, and most importantly, Rose herself. "The temptation's been too great." She grabbed Rose's hand and pulled her close and hugged her neck, pulling her down. Fuck it. "I don't care anymore. You are amazing, beautiful and brave. You are who I want to be with."
P Paint The Wind

Silas O'Vera
"Your father started hitting on the New Orc Warlord? Holy fuck," Silas said. It was less in a "he's a moron" type of way and more in a "he's a big undead pair on him" way, neither condoning nor condemning his actions. Considering that Ari was most likely there and did not a thing when this happened other than enjoy the show of Raven doing some stuff that could very well get him killed, it was probably one of the most entertaining things that Silas would've ever watched if he was there. Luna brought up concerns of being a good mother. "This baby will be a Vampire Werewolf. I'm the werewolf here, you're the vampire here. As long as we balance out their halves, there will be no issues and they'll grow up to be a fine soul no matter what path they choose to walk."
“ I will hope so or they’ll be getting quite the lashing” pretending to be Raven for just a moment before starting to gather her things “I hope I didn’t hold ya up too long, I’d hate to get us stuck in some bad weather you know” fixing her coat and putting her staff on her back she waited by the tent entrance full of excitement

Nyrea
Jailhouse (Entrance)

Nyrea was face to face with the mage the moment he casted thunderwave and she knew there was no way she was going to manage to not get the brunt of it. And now she knew for a fact that that idea was a terrible one. In that slip of a second before she was pushed back she looked over her shoulder to try to estimate where she was going to land. Noticing now that Foster was still too close to her. She had noticed his actions just moments before. What was she doing? Leaving so many openings was going to get her killed. But having other people saving or helping her? She couldn't wrap her mind around that. Or maybe she could, although she didn't like the options in front of her.

When the force hit her body, knocking the air out of her lungs and throwing her body like a rag doll across the yard, she used her air magic to shield herself and Foster before hitting one of the walls. Not enough to protect them from the most part, but just enough so they wouldn't fall unconscious by hitting the wall with their heads. She tried to get up, groaning and coughing like her lungs had forgotten how to have air inside them. She looked in Foster's direction, nodding and giving him a small smile, while cleaning a bit of blood from the corner of her mouth. We're even now. She thought, not truly ready to analise his or her actions at the moment. The question why dancing on the back of her mind during those short moments when their eyes locked. Even if she normally worked alone and was a thief, Nyrea always tried to look out for her allies. Probably because she grow up and lived like she did, were allies are rare and far between and you know how much they're worth. It was a luxury most couldn't afford. Why he decided to ally himself with her? She couldn't tell right now. But she could use the help and she could think about this when they're safe.

She truly laughed when Valac started scolding her, sounding worried about her, waving him away while getting up. "I see what you mean, sweet cheeks, thanks" she yelled in response to him but her eyes were again focused on the mage. Something needed to be done about him. That's when she saw Caius going and... well, basically saving their collective hide and then fall unconscious. Only one guard standing between them and the exit. The only problem now was they had his body to carry out and she had the strength of a baby bird, or even less.

So she did the only thing she could. She pulled her bow and knocked an arrow, aiming at the guard. "Hey sweety" his eyes darted to her. He was standing still, having witness the mage fall by Caius' hand, with his sword drawn and looking ready to attack them. But Nyrea could tell he was weighting his options right now, she intended to use that, at least to give everyone some time to move, she made sure her voice sounded calm, reassuring but still confident. "Yes, look at me. It's you against all of us. I know what you're thinking. Any moment now reinforcements are coming. Well I can assure you I can kill you before they do." she was taking small steps to the side, slowly positioning herself to exit, never taking her eyes off the guard. Giving a nod to Caius direction she continued, her voice never wavering. This was a big risk and she knew it but she made sure nothing in her body transmitted anything but pure self-confidence. She had a silver tongue and she had every intention to use it to her favor "Let me tell you what's going to happen. We are grabbing my friend over there and we are leaving. You gonna stay still and get to live and go home. Understood?" The last word was a little more forceful than the rest. Nyrea wasn't really giving him room to choose anything else and by the look in his eyes she knew he was aware of that too. He was ready to let them walk.

Arvios Arvios Lincs Lincs revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Birdsie Birdsie BackSet BackSet

Seemed like there had been a change in plans. Odette Followed behind Caius and watched him and the others. That mage really was getting in the way though hopefully everyone could finally get out of this mess. Odette was there trying to figure out if she could help out like last time but in this situation she really didn't have anything she could do. Eyes had went back to Caius and she noticed what he was doing. "Wait Caius don't-" Before she could finish it was to late he and the mage had both fallen to the ground. She quickly ran over to Caius and bent down to see if he was alright. He seemed fine but he was out for the count. Odette's attention went over to Nyrea talk to the guard. Basically she was telling him they were leaving and that he had no choice in the matter. Odette stood up and looked over at the boys. "Come on grab him." She slowly walked over to the guard. He seemed to be ready to let them through. The guard moved out of the way and Odette smiled up at him. "Thank you." She then walked out as the guard gave the strange green haired girl a confused look. Odette waited for the others to follow. She would lead the way as they followed.
BackSet BackSet
Arvios Arvios
revior revior
Archemis Archemis
Lincs Lincs
Birdsie Birdsie

Foster

He opened his eyes slowly. Things had gone quiet after he landed - far more softly than he thought, really. Am I dead?

Foster shook off the ridiculous thought as he looked around. Everyone was still accounted for and Caius... Caius had gotten back inside somehow, and was now laying in a heap next to the equally out-of-it mage. Guess that means the way outside is wide open.

His eyes fell on Nyrea as she stood. She offered him a tiny nod and smile. It took him a second to put two and two together, but now he remembered something slowing him down as he flew through the air, keeping him from smacking his head on the wall or worse...
Looks like she saved my ass.
He returned her nod graciously, but inside he was simmering a bit over his panic regarding the mage. Had it not been for Nyrea's quick thinking, he could have gotten himself or one of the others killed by stumbling around like that.
Wordlessly, he got to his feet and trudged over to Caius's prone form. It took some effort to get the man up onto his shoulders - Foster's upper body was still all bruised from the long ride, the fall, and the beating at the hands of the guards he had taken earlier, but somehow he managed. He wondered how ridiculous it must look, him carrying a man that was undoubtedly bigger than he, limbs sprawling in all directions like some sort of grotesque pine sapling.

"Time to go," he called to everyone else, trying his hardest to disguise the strain in his voice. He trotted past the guard Nyrea was holding in place with her bow, following Odette through the halls and back out into the city.
BackSet BackSet
Birdsie Birdsie
revior revior

Nelee

Nel couldn't help but laugh upon hearing the words "unsavory mercenary." A true laugh, and not a polite one, it was high and tittering and punctuated with a soft snort. She immediately clapped a hand over her mouth, having always disliked that laugh and everything it stood for. Nevertheless, she managed to regain her composure and continue listening, her eyes still shining with faint amusement.

"It's very good to meet you, Zak, Animal: Cat." She said with her usual smile, relinquishing the hand over her mouth and offering it across the table towards him as he introduced himself. "So, you try to avoid working in pure mercenary companies, then? I believe that's something we have in common."

She plucked lightly at the blazon on the breast of her gambeson, acutely aware of how unlike a mercenary she probably appeared. "You see, I do mercenary work as well. Of a sort. Things can be difficult with my... well, they can be somewhat difficult, but I manage." She smiled again. "I'd imagine protecting airships is dangerous work. You're probably far more successful than I."

Sir Joseph Watson
"Aye. If you want to stay with us, we will discuss your skillset later on. First and foremost is getting you back to camp and introducing you to the others," Joseph said. He took the bird's wing to let him do whatever it was the phoenix wanted to show him. "Bring this one with you, phoenix, if you can. For now, she's considered a neutral." Neutral as in a non-hostile non-friendly. Not to be trusted, but not to be attacked. He wouldn't insult anyone's intelligence with an explanation. While the bird would do whatever he needed to do, he spoke to the woman again. "I am Sir Joseph Watson, the Old Dawn General. Now retired from the Knighthood."

Tobias Cabral
Toby sensed a bit of magic and looked in the direction. On the other side of the pool on a wall, a white magic circle appeared and then a fast beam of blue light shot at them. Being naturally quick with the feet, Toby jumped UP instead of back. When he landed, his feet touched a narrow tip of ice. He had to balance himself and realized that, if he wasn't wearing armor on his feet, it'd pierce his feet. Another beam didn't come, but they did see what was crawling out of the magic circle. The creature was............well, strong looking
david-franco-frozen-ravager.jpg
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Silas O'Vera
Silas packed up his stuff. "Nope. About time to go. Let's head out." When Silas walked out, the entire camp was packed up and everyone carried all their stuff. The efficiency made such a task go by very fast, as they were in that tent for only about 15 minutes. The younger ones were all smiling and standing by for their Alpha's orders. "Ready to move out, Alpha! What formation are we going in?"
Silas started barking orders. Silas, Luna, and Medics in the middle. Veterans in the front. Diamond formation

Lair Aelnor
Jailhouse (Front Yard / Entrance)

"Do what you have to do," Lair wheezes at Valac, who sounded much more worn out than he was. The reason for his own tiredness was due to using a chunk of his mana so inefficiently, not because his mana was depleted. He knew this occurred because he was out of practice, and cursed himself for relying on his physical capabilities too much, while skimming on his magical arts. Though now, he needed to focus on Valac's plan.

However, everything seemed to have gone in a different direction from the approach of the others. The thunderwave made his own coat of feathers feel as if he had become charged with static, though fortunately avoided the brunt of the attack. He sees Nyrea and Foster take the hit from up close, though Nyrea makes up for her naive attack and cushions the damage from their imminent impact. Caius' body lay motionless, the sacrificial outcome of taking out the mage with a debilitating attack. Now only a single guard remained, and he knew that the odds were against him.

"Or not," Lair mutters in amazement at the conclusion of the battle. It seemed that Caius was the one who made the best call of the lot, though reinforcements could arrive at any second. He quickly makes his way to the group as they carry Caius' limp body, hoping to be of some use. It would look suspicious to be walking out from a jailhouse with a fainted man, and knew that Valac was capable of using illusions. He didn't want to sound demanding, so instead thought about how to word his request to the rat king.

"Hey," he awkwardly aims the word at Valac, forgetting that his name had slipped from his memory, "how much mana would you need to make an illusion to conceal us? I know you're a bit low, so feel free to take as much as you need."

BackSet BackSet , Archemis Archemis , revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs Birdsie Birdsie

Valac
Redvale, Jailhouse (Front Yard)

Valac felt power enter him. The mana evoked a feeling of strength in his chest. The Deceiver prepared to end the fight, but his plan was cut short. Quite literally.

He stopped channeling mana when he saw that Caius, in a last-ditch effort, managed to knock out the mage. Valac looked at Foster, who now carried the unconscious warrior, then back to Lair, as the raven asked him a question.

"Depends."

Mana to a spirit is like fuel in an engine. If the spirit is the engine, then casting spells requires driving certain distances. That means a certain amount of fuel must be given up. Going by that logic, the more distance you drive, the more fuel you need. The distance driven can be compared to the quality of the magic created.

"I can make all of us invisible very easily if we stay together. The quality of the invisibility is a matter of debate."

BackSet BackSet , Archemis Archemis , revior revior animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs revior revior

Nyrea

With her eyes still locked on the guard, Nyrea watched everyone move to the exit. He had give her a small nod of consent and slowly lowered his sword, although she didn't need it to understand he had given up. When all of them were past her she started to walk her back to her allies. They didn't need a surprise now. When the guard was out of sight, she put down her bow and put it back on her back. She made sure to stick close to the group but keeping on the rear of it while Odette guide them all to the safe house she kept told them about.

She could still feel the blood pumping in her ears, slowly calming down from all the excitement of the jailbreak. Her mind working a mile an hour, processing the past events of the day while she walked in silence, feeling the rain on her cheeks. Absently minded she searched her bag for the flask of alcohol she had bought when she entered the city and took a big swig, feeling it burn her throat and giving a small sigh of relief.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Lincs Lincs Arvios Arvios Birdsie Birdsie revior revior BackSet BackSet

Sir Joseph Watson
"Aye. If you want to stay with us, we will discuss your skillset later on. First and foremost is getting you back to camp and introducing you to the others," Joseph said. He took the bird's wing to let him do whatever it was the phoenix wanted to show him. "Bring this one with you, phoenix, if you can. For now, she's considered a neutral." Neutral as in a non-hostile non-friendly. Not to be trusted, but not to be attacked. He wouldn't insult anyone's intelligence with an explanation. While the bird would do whatever he needed to do, he spoke to the woman again. "I am Sir Joseph Watson, the Old Dawn General. Now retired from the Knighthood."

Tobias Cabral
Toby sensed a bit of magic and looked in the direction. On the other side of the pool on a wall, a white magic circle appeared and then a fast beam of blue light shot at them. Being naturally quick with the feet, Toby jumped UP instead of back. When he landed, his feet touched a narrow tip of ice. He had to balance himself and realized that, if he wasn't wearing armor on his feet, it'd pierce his feet. Another beam didn't come, but they did see what was crawling out of the magic circle. The creature was............well, strong looking
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Silas O'Vera
Silas packed up his stuff. "Nope. About time to go. Let's head out." When Silas walked out, the entire camp was packed up and everyone carried all their stuff. The efficiency made such a task go by very fast, as they were in that tent for only about 15 minutes. The younger ones were all smiling and standing by for their Alpha's orders. "Ready to move out, Alpha! What formation are we going in?"
Silas started barking orders. Silas, Luna, and Medics in the middle. Veterans in the front. Diamond formation
Sir Joseph Watson

Tobias Cabral
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Silas O'Vera
luna followed behind Silas, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings, not really sure what to expect

Silas O'Vera
Darkness Ridge
The group moved out, heading towards Orc territory. The land got noticeably darker and more.......ominous(?) in appearance as they crossed the threshold. Dark ground with a slight dark haze floating along the ground. Rocks jutting up with very little vegetation. What was there was grass/leafless. They looked lifeless, but they were alive. Not all the trees were stationary, as treants roamed around the lands, but as long as they weren't approached, they weren't hostile. Treants weren't very territorial of their own sentience. This was essentially a gothic wetdream of a landscape, capturing a mysterious beauty of darkness. The land gave off a vibe of mystery, not necessarily malevolence. A strange curiosity that could end in a cat being killed because the cat chose to approach a creature that wasn't friendly (yet not aggressive)

dark_valley_by_biotechbob.jpg

Silas's crystal glowed, which wasn't good. Light needed to be kept down to keep light-drawn creatures from approaching. Light to these creatures were blood to a shark. Silas held his hand straight out, palm outward. That was the symbol for "freeze." He took the call.
"What?!?" he hissed in the crystal as loud as he could in a whispering voice. Some of the stationary trees in the short distance in front of them began moving. They were gonna get company soon, and not the good kind.
"Silas, you're approaching Teec Nos Pos (pronounced Tee-no-poe)." Teec Nos Pos was the Orc city in question. A fantastic city, yet if one doesn't know how to traverse Darkness Ridge, it would be a nightmare just to get there
"Yeah, no shit, we're in the middle of Darkness Ridge and now we're about to fight. I'll call you soon." Silas quickly hung up. He drew his sword, suppressing the magic prevent the howl. Some creatures were blind and definitely sound-drawn. Light and Noise discipline was a requirement in Darkness Ridge. Him drawing his blade caused the others to draw their own blades. The mysterious beauty was fading away fast into something a little less friendly to those who only wanted to admire it

A stirring could be felt, as well as the sense of being watched

Silas O'Vera
Darkness Ridge
The group moved out, heading towards Orc territory. The land got noticeably darker and more.......ominous(?) in appearance as they crossed the threshold. Dark ground with a slight dark haze floating along the ground. Rocks jutting up with very little vegetation. What was there was grass/leafless. They looked lifeless, but they were alive. Not all the trees were stationary, as treants roamed around the lands, but as long as they weren't approached, they weren't hostile. Treants weren't very territorial of their own sentience. This was essentially a gothic wetdream of a landscape, capturing a mysterious beauty of darkness. The land gave off a vibe of mystery, not necessarily malevolence. A strange curiosity that could end in a cat being killed because the cat chose to approach a creature that wasn't friendly (yet not aggressive)

Silas's crystal glowed, which wasn't good. Light needed to be kept down to keep light-drawn creatures from approaching. Light to these creatures were blood to a shark. Silas held his hand straight out, palm outward. That was the symbol for "freeze." He took the call.
"What?!?" he hissed in the crystal as loud as he could in a whispering voice. Some of the stationary trees in the short distance in front of them began moving. They were gonna get company soon, and not the good kind.
"Silas, you're approaching Teec Nos Pos (pronounced Tee-no-poe)." Teec Nos Pos was the Orc city in question. A fantastic city, yet if one doesn't know how to traverse Darkness Ridge, it would be a nightmare just to get there
"Yeah, no shit, we're in the middle of Darkness Ridge and now we're about to fight. I'll call you soon." Silas quickly hung up. He drew his sword, suppressing the magic prevent the howl. Some creatures were blind and definitely sound-drawn. Light and Noise discipline was a requirement in Darkness Ridge. Him drawing his blade caused the others to draw their own blades. The mysterious beauty was fading away fast into something a little less friendly to those who only wanted to admire it

Silas O'Vera
Darkness Ridge

“Silas....you know I can see in the dark right?” Luna taking her staff off her back and keeping her gaze constantly moving over the terrain. Keeping herself close to Silas to avoid putting their unborn children in danger. “I haven’t seen anything’s by move yet.....has anyone heard anything out of the ordinary?”

Sir Joseph Watson

Eliana McKenzie
P Paint The Wind

Silas O'Vera

Rose couldn’t help but giggle slightly as she was pulled down by Eliana. “You are sweet, strong, and absolutely stunning. You’re the one I want to be with, too,” she said softly. She kissed Eliana passionately and began undoing her own shirt’s fastenings. She had wanted this for like…a day and a half ish. When she thought about it like that it didn’t seem like much, but her feelings for Eliana were so incredibly strong that it didn’t matter.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back