Poetry Forgetting the past

R

RPGal

<p>

This is one of my first poems so be easy.. I look at you but you don’t seem to see.. How could this be.. If I could love you so.. How could you easily go.. I wish to be with you long.. At least till the next song.. Tonight might be the last.. So let me forget my past.. I feel the pain.. Where is the gain.. They say love is meant to last.. But my life goes by so fast.. I look at my self.. Maybe Ill see what’s wrong.. But all I see is broken.. It seems I'm not meant to last.. I wish I could be with you.. Or at least forget.. The good times.. They don’t seem to last.. Or even overshadow the bad.. So if this is the last.. Let us forget the past..

</p>

Last edited:
I like this poem alot the rhyme shceme is good and the simple rhymes really add to it. Nice Job.

Every poem I have been able to make was based off real life events.. So I would say yes..

[QUOTE="General Ray]That is private, and if anything like that is quoted, I will ban the offender myself.

[/QUOTE]
Yea I was about to say that.. :/ Execpt the ban part..

Orc said:
Well, considering emotions are practically (if not entirely) all the driving force in a human, a piece of literature (such as a poem) would likely benefit from the emotional attachment associated with a real life event versus something made up, unless you can coax yourself into a psychosis wherein you think everything is real, even stuff made up.
Rationality ftl.

Emotions ftw.

This poem is amazing. I had to write poems in seventh grade as a graded assignment, and it wasn't easy. This is certainly better than any of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back