• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Forget Me So Village: a small fantasy tale

The Hero

Hapless Savior
Ground tore asunder by the territorial lines of savages. Savages born from the ground, bearing nothing of worth. The blessing of language is lost upon ones as mindless and hapless as this. They were a mistake: a blight on the land; and yet, they remain the dominant species. Perhaps, the other sentient beings that roam the land haven’t yet been enraptured by the promise of riches that came with vast land. Or, the others knew that if there was any chance that the savages could unite, it would be under the threat of a common enemy and would spell the end of their era of good feelings. No one dared to interfere with the savages’ conflict. That was until the appearance of the barbarians.

They were similar in height, weight, bone structure, and color. They were practically indistinguishable if it weren’t for their disdain for one another. To call a barbarian a savage and a savage a barbarian was to ask for a fight. How does one distinguish the difference between the two? It’s simply not possible unless one was a savage or barbarian. Well actually, as time progressed, the barbarians were bound by the alluring magic that festered itself in every being but their own while the savages were fascinated by the striking strength of dragons that dominated every being but their own. Barbarians united under the goal of mastering magic to hegemonize the savages. Savages united under the goal of mastering strength to subjugate the barbarians.

Tensions rose between the two as each approached their desired dreams. The only possible outlet was war or diplomacy. However, since language was wasted on the savages, it was war. Or, it would have been war if the barbarians hadn’t disappeared on the cusp of explosion. The savages celebrated their victory, choosing to remain in ignorance of why their rivals had disappeared. And with a newfound unity, the savages, now calling themselves men, ushered in a new age of prosperity.

At the head of this change were five noble houses: House Gladio, House Clipeum, House Lanceae, House Sagitta, and House Balaur. A feudal system was adopted with Balaur being at the head of the pyramid. Humanity improved by leaps and bounds through the leadership of the nobles and the sweat of the commons. But as humanity succeeded, the feudal system began to outlive its usefulness. The commons no longer needed the leadership of the nobles. An idea only agreed upon by the monarchy, Balaur. A war long-awaited was brewing against the king’s army and peasants against four of the greatest houses in the history of the savages. But, that is a story for another time.

This is a tale of those who are tired of fighting. Those who are steeped in problems and only seek escape. Those who want nothing but to just be forgotten with the times. This is their attempts to keep that lifestyle in a small village known as Forget Me So. A village backed by colossal, stone mountains and fronted by entangling green forestry. This is their tale.
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

I was thinking of a fantasy village called Forget Me So, where it doesn't matter what you were before settling down. Your name, your job, and your fortune up until now doesn't matter. The mayor of the village gives you a new name and job in accordance with your personality and appearance. You are expected to assimilate into the community and make new relationships. Basically, you abandon your old problems for a new chance at life. It's like a slice of life, but I have ideas for a plot. I'm thinking of a civil war in the kingdom the village is located in. The rebels' and kings' armies both request requisitions from Forget Me So, or the village risks destruction. At the same time, the village's local hero has disappeared and left the village to fend itself against the increasingly aggressive monsters. But, I also want to leave other people to add their own ideas to the plot.

Last edited:
New here but not to Rp in general. Was curious about your rp idea. It's listed under fantasy and monsters have been mentioned but is there magic?

I was thinking that magic would be something ancient and complex, so the people at this time don't fully understand it. However, people can still use it through the use of old tomes and runes which all do something different. One rune may spout fire, and one tome may cause a blizzard. So, it isn't like the traditional chant or wave of a hand magic. You'll have to keep a multitude of tomes and runes on you if you want to do magic.

Hm... maybe have an ex-disciple of a god of pain and darkness (Pathfinders influence!!), and that specific god doesn't want that fellow to leave, and so therefore sends monsters. Plausible idea?

Well, if enough people were interested, I was gonna propose the idea of special rains that cause the beasts to be aggressive. In addition, with the rain comes a boss monster that has to be defeated to calm the sub monsters.

I'm intrigued too. If need be I have some DnD books around to give more flavor.

That's great if you guys have any concerns or discussion just head to the ooc while I make a cs and work out some lore kinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back