• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™œ - ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฑ - (๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง)

weldherwings

โ—‰-โ—‰
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

forever young

welcome to the afterlife.

Think of this as your โ€œforever homeโ€. Due to certain events, you are now conditioned to spend the rest of your after life here. Those on Earth would tell you that the afterlife is one of two destinations: up there in the clouds with all the angels and harps, or down there with fire and brimstone. But no one ever talks about the inbetween. Thatโ€™s where you are. The Inbetween. Like I said before, certain events occurred which no longer gives you access to visit the Man Above. But weโ€™re not that cruel; we wouldnโ€™t make you spend the rest of eternity getting stabbed by pitchforks. And so thatโ€™s how you ended up here. One of our helpers will guide you to your new house where you can meet your roommate and discover which job youโ€™ll be working for the rest ofโ€ฆ wellโ€ฆ for forever.

the inbetween.

The Inbetween (or the โ€˜afterlifeโ€™) is a space between Heaven and Hell; a form of purgatory.

The Inbetween is just like life on Earth; just a little worse. Everything is under saturated (borderline grayscale), everything feels numb so there is no joy in telling jokes, getting drunk, doing drugs or fooling around, and the worst part of it all: no one can smile. No matter how hard you try, you simply cannot smile. There is also no televisions or mobile phones โ€“ talk about prehistoric or what. Time is linear in The Inbetween, following alongside with Earth. Honestly, The Inbetween is just a pirated copied version of Earth; all towns, cities, landmarks โ€“ everything is a somewhat worse version of Earth.

Oh, I suppose youโ€™re wondering why everyone is here and not there or there. Well, the one thing everyone has in common here is; weโ€™re all dead. Well, of course. But was how we died that unites us. Each death was self-inflicted. Now, self-infliction comes in many forms. Maybe you tripped over cause you didnโ€™t tie your shoes laces properly. Maybe you were drink driving and crashed. Or maybe life was just too unbearable to keep on going. What ever the reason, you ended up here.

a note from weldherwings.

Hi hi hi! Just little old me with another group rp~!

This Group RP was inspired by the movie โ€˜Wristcutters: A Love Storyโ€™ โ€“ if you havenโ€™t seen it, Iโ€™d recommend it but tw: itโ€™s the same concept of those who died from self-infliction . There are no set roles and itโ€™s open for all to come and go!

The overall plot of โ€˜forever youngโ€™ is surrounded by people living in The Inbetween. Theyโ€™re just living their after life to the best of their ability when they hear that something amazing has happened; someone saw color. Not only that, after seeing the color, they were able to smile again. This sets a panic in everyone, wanting to smile once more โ€“ to feel some sort of joy in their life. However, itโ€™s just a rumour; no one really knows where it happened, how it happened or who it happened to. But thatโ€™s not going to stop people from trying to figure out, right?

There are two types of roles you can join as: just a normal everyday person living their afterlife, or an undercover helper. Undercover helpers are angels sent to ensure to keep some sort of stability and peace in The Inbetween. They report to the Man Above, but while in The Inbetween, present themselves as just normal people. Know one knows who helpers are, and no one really care to ask. Helpers, as they are not in their true forms, struggle to figure out who the other helpers are until theyโ€™re called to duty.

guidelines.

one.
Follow all RPNation rules. Respect everyone, fade to black for erotic content or extreme gore, and be mature with sensitive matters. Of course, there will be violent scenes and potential murder scenes involved in this roleplay. However, all of these scenes will be kept to a PG rating, or writing in full details on our discord.

two.
Because of the themes of this roleplay, writers must be 18+. As much as I hate not being able to open it up to everyone, this roleplay will be exploring dark, adult themes.

three.
This is an open roleplay, but please note I will be accepting characters via discord where you pitch your idea to me. We need to have an even balance of helpers and normal people, along with personalities to ensure we don't make a thousand jerrys with a god complex.

four.
Discord is a must for OOC. In the server, we will discuss plot lines, NPC development, create a map for the community, and various other roleplay related agendas. We will also be spending time bonding and getting to know each other a bit more!

five.
Expectations of posting? Well, I understand that people can get busy with real life. However, I do ask if you could try posting at least once a week to keep the RP alive and the story moving. There will be no posting order (unless discussed in the server and everyone wishes to proceed with one), and we will break the roleplay up into "chapters". I'd love for the word count to at least hit the 500 word mark. Don't just give us a bone: we want some juicy meat too please. If you're unable to post within the one week timeframe, all I ask is that you let us know prior so we don't think you've fallen off the edge of the Earth.

six.
Realistic face claims only, as I like to create pretty aesethtics and will need to be able to look up your character's face claim! Also, please ensure you do your research with face claims (for example, don't have a Korean character with a Japanese face claim, with the character having zero blood connections to Japan)

seven.
Communication is the key! If you're strugglign with something or need to take a break - let me know! Also, I know personalities may clash or you might struggle to plot with someone. That's okay! It's natural! But it gives you no right to be a horrible person to someone. Please communicate with me if you're struggling so we can resolve it!

eight.
You are in no way required to use bbcode for any aspects of this roleplay (character sheets/in character posts etc). If you do use coded sheets or posts, I ask for them to be mobile friendly. If you have any issues with any codes at all, let me know and I can help to create/fix them!

nine.
Let's have some fun! click here to join the discord!

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:
ahh love this idea !!

interested.

thank you for everyoneโ€™s interest! Iโ€™ll get a discord up and running today and post it here for yโ€™all to join ^^

would love to join if you're still accepting! I have some character ideas for either a helper or a purgatorian (???), so if you need some balancing I'd be happy to help balance it out ^^

would love to join if you're still accepting! I have some character ideas for either a helper or a purgatorian (???), so if you need some balancing I'd be happy to help balance it out ^^
the rp is open meaning we wont be capping how many people join! people are free to come and go as they please \(๏ฟฃ๏ธถ๏ฟฃ*\))

hey x
Let Me In Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Omg this looks amazing Iโ€™m so excited for it!! Iโ€™ll make my character asap ๐Ÿ˜โœจ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back