• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forest Glade - lots o lore

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello, and welcome to the lore tab! I will try to explain everything best I can, but if I miss anything, don't be afraid to ask. Also, if you have any lore ideas you want to add, you can tell me about them! Alright, I guess I'll get started with the layout of the building.

First of all, there are 3 floors to the building.

Floor one contains the entrance, staff housing areas, temporary containment (used for new subjects that have arrived and have not been studied enough to know what tier they fall into) offices, and storage+supply.

Floor 2 contains testing and labs, the whole floor is dedicated to the research of subjects and also data containment. Most scientists have their offices on the second floor. The medical wing also falls on this floor.

Floor 3 is dedicated to containment. It also contains solitary confinement and sensory deprivation rooms. Most guard offices are on the 3rd floor.

The basement level is dedicated to housing supernatural objects. No staff is permitted to go past a certain point in the basement, probably because it's too dangerous.

Forest Glade schedule:

6-6:30 am: lights on, some subjects are taken to showering (others have showers in their cells). All subjects must be dressed by the time it hits 6:30 am, or they will be punished.

6:30 am - 7:30 am: breakfast is served. Tier 3 subjects are given breakfast in special containment cells that allow them to communicate with others while also being separate from them. Tier 2 and 1 subjects are put together in the same room. All sorts of food is served through chutes, and guards are scattered around the cafeteria to ensure the safety of staff and subjects. Staff eating areas are separated but there is a window to allow staff to look into the subject cafeteria.

11:00 pm - 12:00 pm - lunch is served. They are put in the same cafeteria.

12:00 pm - 4:00 pm: tier 3 sub free time.

4:00 pm - 8:00 pm: tier 2 free time

10:00 pm: lights out.

10:00 pm-6:00 am: testing that includes harm to subjects.

Any gaps in time are open for testing and character interactions.

Cells: subject cells vary depending on what they need. The average cell has two rooms, one being the bedroom and the other a bathroom. The bedroom has a somewhat rickety bed, a small old desk, a stool, and a carpet. There are two chutes built into the walls, one for dirty laundry and the other for clean laundry. Each chute is way too small to fit through and has extra safety measures to keep subjects from attempting to get out through them. There is also a water fountain attached to the wall to provide clean drinking water. The bathroom has a shower, a toilet, a sink, and a small mirror that was made in a way that any shards that may fall out if broken are dull and unable to harm anyone.

Forest Glade lore:

Forest Glade was built in 2015 when people started showing up with dangerous abilities and creatures out of nightmares were found roaming the streets. No one knows why this started happening, though people speculate it's because of a mutation. After the start of the lab, people protested that these mutated creatures were still human and shouldn't be tested since it was morally wrong and disgusting, so the lab made an agreement to not harm their subjects if they could continue researching.

Unfortunately, the government still wanted the lab to use tests that may harm subjects, so now the lab runs secretly at night when visitors are not allowed into the lab. Forest Glade has been operating for years like that and managed to earn itself a good reputation through lies.

Although Forest Glade just seems like an unethical lab, there's something suspicious going on behind the scenes. From paranormal sightings to odd behaving coworkers, many staff has resigned in an attempt to get away from whatever is going on. The people who resign either vanish from existence or come back a few days later acting odd. Something more than just a government conspiracy is plaguing Forest Glade, and the only chance at the survival of its subjects and staff may be to go digging to find the source of the problem.

Staff that is hired sign a year contract that states they must stay in the lab for the whole year, and after that year is over they may leave the lab. After a year, any staff that wants to continue working at the lab has to sign the contract again. Great pay is what keeps most people there, although the constantly disappearing members of resigned staff also prevent staff from leaving and exposing the lab's secrets.

The owners of the lab have never been seen in the lab before, or at least no one knew they were there.

And last of all....

Welcome to forest glade!
welcome.png
(Sorry for my messy art, art block is a plague)
Its growing.

Last edited:
We are still open! Ask away!
Just some simple question, and ill try to keep it in just this post and short.
1. power limits/ banned power (any powers not used because too powerful or limits on power keeping them from being op?)
2. post lengths ( I try match lengths, but if can't I post around 3-5 sentences
3. Only could think of 2, so i used this one as a compliment ( Love the whole layout not to include the plot

1. No powers are banned (I may change this is the future) but it is required to have a way to combat the power so the lab can keep the subject under control. Also consider the fact you may be interacting with characters face to face, so make sure they won't kill everyone!

2. I don't mind how long your post is as long as you aren't lacking in detail. Basically, if you can write well and get your point across in a few sentences, go for it! I personally write 2+ paragraphs, but I don't mind anyone writing less if it's at least a paragraph.

3. Thank you very much! I'm excited to get going, there are so many mysteries to be discovered!

1. No powers are banned (I may change this is the future) but it is required to have a way to combat the power so the lab can keep the subject under control. Also consider the fact you may be interacting with characters face to face, so make sure they won't kill everyone!

2. I don't mind how long your post is as long as you aren't lacking in detail. Basically, if you can write well and get your point across in a few sentences, go for it! I personally write 2+ paragraphs, but I don't mind anyone writing less if it's at least a paragraph.

3. Thank you very much! I'm excited to get going, there are so many mysteries to be discovered!
Awesome, I'm down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back