• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Forbin Project (But set in the 21st century)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
-BC0F6qi68rm3zoGYfirEybFCwLiWst4NlUQD9ZJG-7qevABzlA0N_MLAUL7JrcOemNVoe5zh2UdkYGDU0Fq8nW5uPdn3pYrrWGP45PZOCEYAFsUUkZkjkCrqrPxJbOMuAjrJ4Bm

In the mid 2020’s America, Russia and China initiated something called the Cyber Cold War. The American project was nicknamed the Forbin Project. It was a reference to an old science fiction novel (1966) and movie (1970). By the mid 2020s the three superpowers had entered into a three way cold war, each nation striving to be the dominant force - economically and militarily. To achieve this level of dominance each superpower decided to create a super AI.

US - Colossus
Russia - Strazh (Guardian)
China - Bǎohù zhě (Preserver)

Construction of the AI facilities began in the early 2020s and was completed in the early 2030’s. The RP opens up in 2032.

Each facility was designed to survive just about anything that could be thrown at them - even nuclear weapons. In terms of construction they were easily a match for NORAD. Built into mountains in nukeproof bunkers. Designed to be self sustaining. However, initially they were kept completely cut off from the world. Opening them up was carried out on stages - allowing the systems to learn, but not reach out and control. That would be the last stage of the experiment.

Characters
We will need three teams - one for each project. Within those teams there will be civilian and military components. In this write up I will focus on the American project. But the other two projects will be equally complex. I will also consider small teams from other nations.

Ultimately I will control the AI’s.

Each project will need a Director. Yes, you can create characters for more than one project. However, remember that you need to be able to write for each character. We will need security, military commanders, agents, etc.

Plot
Eventually we will have one team. This may very well mean killing off some of you as redundancies. The AI’s can be ruthlessly efficient. They will literally nuke a city to get their way. Killing off 10 million people is efficient in their eyes. Fewer mouths to feed. Less global warming.

But I am getting ahead of myself. We will need to decide as a group at what point to start the RP - before or after the AI’s are turned loose. The RP is intended to last for decades in RP time. So before joining, consider this a long term roleplay.

Posting
3rd Person past tense
Be prepared to post three times per week.
We will be setting story arcs. There will be a format for posts.
Posts should be fairly literate. You’ve chosen writing as a hobby.
Emphasis will be on character and plot development.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back