• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Forbidden Frontier

The Suspicious Eye

Your Darling Devil
Two Explorers Stranded in a New World
Sci-Fi-Art-Edvige-Faini-The-Lost-World.jpg

How it began....
After years of the growing population of humans it was time to leave earth and start a new world. For the mission of expanding the human race, a large team of young, but wise explorers have been chosen to travel lightyears apart to terraform a new planet. Born for this mission the group of young explorers left the earth to travel far across the expanse of space.

All seemed well during their travels, spending most of the time in cryogenic sleep before awakening on the planet. Once they did, it was time to get to work preparing the terraformation machine. However after the fatal error in the terraformation process, two human explorers are trapped alone on a newly terraformed world. The ecosystem has been fatally altered thanks to the error creating new and dangerous lifeforms on the planet's surface. Without a ship, a base, or any form of communication the two are trapped, forced to survive on this forbidden frontier.

Information
Rules:
  1. Follow all of the RpN Rules
  2. Post frequently. Inform ahead of time if you can't.
  3. Minimum of 2 paragraphs per post
  4. Be cooperative
Updates/Information/History:
  • The New planet of Riani-Ceres has been terraformed, however due to a fatal error the planet has been fatally altered in a extreme fashion leaving two explores alone in a new and dangerous world.
Tags/Current Players: Brinni Brinni

Last edited:
Maria woke up in the dust and ruble of the terraformation site. Lifting her self off the ground she winced in pain as she had a piece of glass imbedded in her side. "Fuck!" She held back the tears in her eyes as she placed one hand around the glass and slowly pulled it from her side. The gash was deep, but didn't seem to hit any major organs or arteries. Quickly putting her hand over the open wound she stripped pics of her shirt and wrapped it over her wound. Looking around she could barely see anything through the dust. Not waiting for it to settle she called out, "Hello?! Is anyone out there?!" Struggling to stand she gave a quiet whimper in pain, before calling out again. "Is anyone here!"

Stumbling over rubble she slipped and felt the ground and groaned. Resting her head against the piece of metal she looked up at the blue sky. I guess the terraformation worked. Before they landed here the sky was a deep violet. It's been a long time since she's seen a blue sky. Breathing slowly she hadn't even realized that her helmet was cracked. Coughing she pulled it off her head letting her long black hair cascade over her shoulders. She pressed her hand against her wound, blood seeping out from the rags and staining her fingers. She'd need to bandage it sooner rather than later. If there are any predators this open wound is going to attract them. She rolled over onto her knees and pushed herself up again. "I need to get back to the base."

Brinni Brinni (Are you going to be my hero baby?)

Jarret had come to consciousness in what had once been the medical tent. He was buried beneath the beds which had probably been what saved his life, seeing the rubble and knocked over cabinets. A red stain beneath them told him that at least one person was probably dead. Got to get out of here, find out what happened, see who's still around....should get supplies. Looking around he saw at least one first aid kit had survived, it's materials still usable. He grabbed it. Good,I'll check for more if I need to....
He picked his way around the rubble, but anyone he saw had died. Did anyone make it besides me? "Hello? Can anyone hear me?" He looked up, finally noticing the blue sky. Not knowing he was mimicking Maria's thoughts he said aloud "I guess the terraformation worked" and pulled off his helmet, glad to be breathing fresh air for the first time in he didn't know how long.

He continued his search for survivors, all the while calling out.

"Is anyone here!"

"Hello? I can hear you! Where are you? I'll come to you!" Jarret made his way towards the voice, leaping over the ruins of the site like a mountain goat. Guess I never lost my agility in the sleep. That's good, my instincts are saying I'll need everything I've got.
( The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye I'm here for you <3)

Last edited:
Moving slowly she made her way through the rubble calling out again. Luckily someone's voice broke her out of her daze as she began to move in the direction of whoever it was. Staggering slowly she was unsure who it was. No one in the mechanical department. Moving steadily she could feel the blood seeping from her wound. Suddenly another human leapt in front of her scaring the crap out of her. Gasping her wound opened up and she could feel the strength in her legs give out. She fell against him, her head on his shoulder as she breathe heavily trying her best to keep her self conscious.

"Haaa....haaa...I'm glad there are other survivors." Feeling herself fading she grabbed onto the stranger's shirt as she felt her body weakening. She needed help, but she could't let the words come out. She could only mustered out a weak "help." Before she lost conscious and passed out against him.

He wasn't sure where he was at the moment, he was just jumping over debris in his way as he moved towards a voice. He leaped over a chunk of stone and landed in front of a girl with black hair. She gasped and fell against him. In his ear he heard a soft "Haaa....haaa...I'm glad there are other survivors.". And then..."help" she muttered weakly, before collapsing. He caught her with a huff. She's a bit heavier than she looks. He laid her down on the ground and as he pulled his hand away he realized it was slick with blood. Her blood.

He didn't stop to think, his training kicked in. He rolled her on to her side and lifted her shirt up to get at the wound. Tearing off a cleanish strip of cloth from his own shirt he pressed down with one hand trying to staunch the blood flow. With his free hand he opened the first aid kit and looked in it. Bandages, antieptic, tape, good. Everything I need right now. Once the blood had stopped he took an alcohol wipe and cleaned the area. "Probably good you're out, this would hurt." It was easy, talking to her.Of course....that was probably because she couldn't talk back.He sat her up, using his knee to prop her up. He wrapped the bandage around her, doing his best to respect what modicum of privacy he could in the given circumstance and taped it off. He took his coat off, balled it up, and laid it under her head. "Hopefully, you'll be up soon."

He set about, searching the area looking for more survivors. He never strayed too far though, always within eyesight of the girl in case she woke up or something else happened.

Waking up a few moments later she winced as the residual pain came flooding in. Quickly placing her hand to her wound she was surprised to see it bandaged. Lifting her head the jacket slid out from under her. Looking at it she pulled it closer to her for further inspection. "It's familiar." She looked around and finally the dust had seemed to settle for her to clearly see the rubble around them. She couldn't believe it. These pieces were from the terraformation site and pieces of the machine itself. Something must have gone wrong. She stood up slowly, the pain from her wound much more manageable than before.

Holding the jacket she walked up the hill of rubble seeing all the disaster she had to wonder what the terraformation site must look like. "What happened?" As a mechanical engineer she couldn't help but begin to think about what could have brought this disaster about. Her fingers clenched into a fist as she wondered if it could have been a mechanical failure. "No I need focus on survivors. I can worry about what happened after." Looking at the jacket she called out, "Hello?! Is someone out there?"

"No luck. At least around here. This is the mechanic's area I think? Guess she's the only one left." Jarret couldn't help but wonder what happened. Not that he would have understood if someone had explained it to him. He was here as a botanist, and a hunter when needed.

"Hello?! Is someone out there?"

That didn't take long he thought to himself. He called back to her. "Yeah! Don't move, I'll come to you." He moved around the rubble and debris and approached her, unintentionally quiet. Something had gone wrong, and he couldn't help moving trying not to be seen. It was just instinct to him. He came up behind her, and hesitated. "Are you okay? How's the pain?"

Hearing a male voice coming from the ruble she decided the best thing to do was to stay put. Not quite sure who it was who saved her, but she was certain that he wasn't part of the mechanic division. Looking over the rubble she saw a portion of a piece of machinery that she'd seen before. Taking a step closer she realized it was a piece of machinery that she'd worked on before and her heart sunk. This was a pain component for the terraformation machine and it was blown high to hell over here. What happened here?

"Are you okay? How's the pain?"

Suddenly she nearly jumped up out of her skin as the male voice from earlier came out of nowhere behind her. Gasping she whipped her head around only to looked down at the guy who she assumed had saved her. "Oh! Umm....yes I am. It's much better, thank you. You probably saved my life. So really thank you." She paused and looked at his jacket before handing it back to him. "And thanks for this, here." As she handed it back to her she didn't let go for a moment but instead asked. "Have you found any other survivors? Do you know what happened here?"

He looked at her, and immediately slid his eyes away. "Y-yeah sure, no problem. Sorry for startling you." He smiled briefly. He took hold of the proffered jacket. "Thanks. No, you're the first I've found. I haven't checked all over yet, I made my way here from the med tent so there might be more. But nobody yet. As for what happened...I don't have a clue. Whatever happened, the terraformation worked at least, given that we're breathing this air."
He looked around, seeing the pieces of machinery strewn about. It's awful, there's no doubt....but there's a beauty to it. A sad smile crossed his face. Something about technology being the ruin of man. I wish I could draw it. His eye flicked to the stranger before going back to the landscape. She'd be kneeling, a piece of machinery in her hand, perhaps a single tear on her cheek. "What about you? Any idea what happened here? I'm Jarret, by the way."

A bit confused at why he wouldn't look at her she shrugged it off, there were more pressing matters. As he mentioned the terraformation she looked around and nodded. "At least it seemed to. Though I don't think that this is supposed to happen." She motioned around to the destruction, before taking a few steps towards the machine she had made. Leaning down she looked at what was left of her work and shook her head. "I went through those plans nearly a hundred times. I've built twenty of these. How could this happen?" She clenched her fist, "what went wrong?"

"What about you? Any idea what happened here? I'm Jarret, by the way."

"No idea. Maria." She picked up a piece of the machine only to throw a piece of a worthless piece of junk once worth billions of dollars. Placing a hand on her forehead she did her best to think through anything that could have gone wrong. Anything at all, but all she came up with was nothing. I want to find out what happened, but thats not the priority. She stood up and looked to Jarret. "We need to get to the base, see if there are any survivors there." She looked at her stained hands and suit. "Find some spare clothes and supplies."

"A pleasure." Jarret looked around. Seeing the bodies he thought Grim as it may be...there's plenty of clothes around. They aren't going to be using them. He didn't voice the thought...yet. As for supplies... "Well...there's still a couple of first aid backpacks in the Med area. No survivors there though. It's not much, but it's a start at least. Plus, if we come across anyone on the way it might help."

He shrugged his jacket on and tightened the laces of his boots. "You should probably rest here a bit and I can go run and grab them myself and when I come back, if your wound is still an issue, I'll help you move about. I got lucky. Whatever happened, I didn't get injured by it just buried beneath a bed. That said, I'm not in charge of you so really, it's your call."

Nodding slightly as he mentioned the med packs she was only barely listening. It was good to have a doctor still alive or at least some semblance of one. It's strange how she and he survived. Barely scathed while everyone around them is dead. It makes you question, why me? Why did I survive?

Seeing a severed hand in the rubble she dropped another piece of scrap in shock. Shaking her head, "No I'm good. I'll run with you." The last thing she wanted to see was the remains of her fellow mechanics bodies laid about. She had to wonder if her friends, her family lived or died in the ruble, but with everything rushing through her head she couldn't let those kinds of thoughts through. Standing up she brushed off the dirt off onto her suit, brushing the negative thoughts away. Moving to Jarret's side she looked at him, "lead the way."

He took it a little slower than usual. Now that he had someone with him, he didn't want to lose her. People may not be his strong suit, but in situations like this other people were a comfort. He could already feel his typical shyness fading. Well...most if it anyways. She was still a woman...and a fairly pretty one at that. He shook his head to clear it. Focus on the target. Need to get back to Med first, get the kits, then head back to base. Search for signs of human life.
When they finally arrived he entered the main tent. Pushing aside a leaning cabinet with ease he made his way towards the back where he knew there were two more packs. He handed one off to Maria after inspecting it and grabbed the other checking it as well. "Well, we've got a couple emergency blankets at least. Who knows what the weather will be like when the sun goes down." Hopefully it won't be too cold, they aren't particularly thick blankets. "So, back to base then? Would you care to lead this time?"

3fd3c09906c2ace735b54166000397b3.jpg
Maria noticed that he was looking back on occasion as if checking on her. He is keeping track on me. It was sweet, but it made her feel uncomfortable. He injury was bad, but she'd be damed if it made her into a burden. Picking up the pace she jogged a bit faster doing her best to keep up with him. It wasn't that easy especially with the space suit on. To think that a few hours ago the sky wasn't blue and the gravity was slightly lesser. Looking back up at him, she couldn't help but wonder about him. The crew they had was vast and the second they woke up she was off to work. Never meeting him wasn't strange.

Following behind him she looked around the main tent. It was disheveled, furniture and glass broken and strewn about. If there is destruction this far out from the site, it couldn't have hit the base? Could it? She took the pack as he handed it to her and slung it over her shoulder. Looking at the blankets she smiled, "that's good, we should take them all." Seeing another dead body she quickly turned away and headed towards the exit of the tent. Looking back at him she nodded. "Yeah. Grab what you can and follow me."

She began running as fast as she could doing her best to prove that she wasn't a burden. However as soon as they arrived Maria stopped dead in her tracks. The base was a remnant of itself. Completely covered in plant life it was barely recognizable. She stepped into what used to be the main entrance and shook her head. "Oh my God what happened here?" She dropped her bag in shock.

Brinni Brinni

Jarret was glad for the exercise, even with the suit on. Granted, his was a bit slimmer than Maria's as he did, had, occasionally gone out for wildlife study and ease of movement was paramount. It made him feel like he was back on Earth again, keeping himself in shape. I'd forgotten how good it feels. As they ran, he watched her. He noticed that she was, reasonably, favoring her injured side. He couldn't, however, tell if it was just irritating to her or an actual bother. Then again, he wasn't sure that she'd tell him either way.

When the reached the base, Jarret was both shocked and confused. "This shouldn't be possible." He wasn't just talking about the fact the base was destroyed in covered in plant life. It was the extent of the coverage. He walked up, feeling some of the foliage. "How long have we been unconscious? These plants have grown huge! Unless it was something brought about when whatever happened happened, there's no reason these plants should have grown this quickly. I wonder if it's some kind of mutation. Were you with the engineers? I just assume since that's the area I found you in. Was rapid plant growth supposed to happen?" Jarret was in a state of shock, but instead of stopping his mind became more mechanical, trying to piece together what it didn't understand. He continued to poke, prod, and inspect the plant life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back