• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

whereisalice

That Talking Hat
...hi. :D I've seen people use super nice formatting and flair and such for their adverts but, me being me (not the expert in these things xD), I'll keep mine to the point (which is to say plain and boring). Though I will spice it up a tad with a question for the especially attentive, and whoever finds the answer I will shower with totally invaluable admiration. My question is: Where is Alice? My dark purpose here: To find myself a penpal!

I've been roleplaying on and off since around 2013, when a friend convinced me to try this cool "new" thing: writing little stories together with people. Suffice it to say it did pick my interest! I do genuinely enjoy writing, especially so in company, though I don't think i'd elevate it any higher than a hobby to do after work. This is to say I'm a literate/semi-literate partner, and when I sit down to write, I *sit down* to write, and try to pour into it plenty of thought and a teaspoon of flavor. I'm kinda sorta flexible as far as style goes, but if I had choose, I'd always roll with third person and past tense, as it feels more like writing a little novel with somebody. :) That said, I do hold a full-time job that I do treasure very much, so my free time will be limited to just the weekends (ocassionally the working days). I reeaaaally doubt I will have the energy to write more than one response a week, though if the plot is so captivating it just demands it, I can always try and make some room (keyword: try). Also I fall under the Central European Time, so my time to talk settings and plots will also depend on your whereabouts, and that in turn leads me to a...

Full disclosure! I loooove to talk; talk roleplaying, or life things, or apples, or the intricacies of derivational morphology. In fact it's so important to me I'd consider it a crucial factor to sway my interest your way. xD You see.. I was fashioned to interact, and I need it like a vampire needs blood (Maybe not THAT much!). But don't fret even if you're not the talkative sort; I appreciate everyone. :)

On to my interests! I wish I had a couple, but I'm experiencing a drought of prompts. It's been a while since I had the chance to roleplay, and it only came recently (2 days recently). BUT! I do have a handful of preferences that may scratch your itch or fit the wild ideas you must have in mind, ordered most to least "desired":
  • Urban fantasy is by far my favorite, particularly when set in a modern environment. Funny story but it used to be the most *loathed* back in my college days, but over time I developed a taste for it. I love to put ordinary people like you and me into extraordinary circumstances. Coming across to the wrong people, taking the wrong turn, receiving a strange letter one evening, only to embark on a supernatural urban journey. This is chiefly THE reason it appeals to me. Deep down I too would love to find myself in my London Below. :D
  • Low fantasy is another, and probably most expected. Medieval and Renaissance things have always held a special place in my heart, for reasons unknown, and I thoroughly enjoy reading books and watching movies set in these harsh but magical realms of fiction. What appeals to me about it is the same struggle real people endured at the time, applied to fantastical creatures. Magic and alignment hold little sway in such worlds, and just as in ours, it is your wit and smarts that save and ascend lives.
  • Mystery drama and the like also rub me the right way if done right. Are you investigating the puzzling disappearance of your friend? Do you worry about the scary rumors and strange sighting around the remote town you call home? Would you follow the instructions on that letter you received this morning? Mysteries are always fun to solve, and I like solving them twice as much when there's a supernatural undertone to them.
I have no limits or preferences otherwise, e.g. as far as pairings and characters and everything goes. Please don't ever hesitate to shoot me a message if you're looking for a fiction-buddy yourself, and bombard me with any and all ideas you got. I promise to respond at the earliest possible convenience. :D

Catch you later alligator :D

i have to admit i haven't roleplayed for quite some time but you interested me with urban fantasy, i never got a chance to write an rp like that and would love to try it :)

honestly i'm totally new to this site so no idea if i should write anything else lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back