Story For The Throne - Cream's Introduction (Rough Draft)

For The Throne Updates

that one random internet cat
It was almost silent as Oakleaf and her party, if it could be called a party with only 2 members, traversed the small village streets. The neko wracked her brain to try and remember which house the two of them were looking for. The elf by her side cleared his throat before speaking up.

"So, uh... Who's this Cream person we're trying to find? You haven't really told me yet."

Looking over to her side, Oakleaf gave an apologetic look. "I'm sorry Cofy, I know I just dragged you along without saying anything. Cream is my... was my friend when we were younger. We'd do everything together. But..." She trailed off, leaving her sentence unfinished. There was a moment of silence before Oakleaf suddenly stopped. "We're here."

Walking up to the front door of the house that she had stopped in front of, Oakleaf took a deep breath and raised her hand to knock. Before her hand could touch the wood however, the door swung open, revealing a man standing in the doorway. He looked to be about a head taller than Oakleaf, although he wasn't as bulky as most men that height might be. His hair was a creamy white (hence the name), and atop his head were two fluffy-looking ears, along with a tail that flicked behind him.

The man's eyes widened upon seeing Oakleaf, a surprised expression crossing his face before launching forward into her and giving the other neko a hug. "Oh Oakleaf, you're okay! I was so worried! You disappeared and I thought something must have happened to you!"

"Woah there, Cream. I missed you too, but let's calm down!" Oakleaf returned the hug, wrapping her arms around Cream. "I wasn't in trouble or anything, so I'm sorry I scared you. But I came back because I need your help."

Cream stepped back, narrowing his eyes at Oakleaf. "Wait, did you only come back because you needed my help? That's it? Not a word for ten years, but now you're back? And not even because you wanted to see me or check in, but just because you need something from me?" The words came out of his mouth in a hiss.

"C-Cream, I-"

Oakleaf was interrupted by Cofy stepping in between the two, glaring at Cream. "Oakleaf dragged me here because she was insistent on getting you in our party, so don't you dare talk to her in that tone! We didn't have to come here, but she wanted you to be a part of her adventure, so why don't you stop feeling sorry for yourself!"

"Cofy-"

Once again, Oakleaf was interrupted, this time by Cream. "Hey, I didn't ask her to come back! Okay? So you two can just go off on your little adventure, because I'm not going to let myself be used by anyone! Now go!"

"BOTH OF YOU! STOP IT! STOP!" The two men looked over at Oakleaf, both taking a step back. Oakleaf glared, tears in her eyes as she looked between the two. "Cofy, this isn't your conversation. So please, for the love of the gods, stay out of it. And Cream." Her gaze softened as she looked back at her childhood friend. "Oh Cream... I never meant to scare you when I left, and I didn't mean to hurt you when I came back. I'm sorry I made you feel like that. I had to go, and I wish I could have told you I was alright."

Cream lowered his head, his ears falling back as well. "I... I'm sorry for making such a big deal out of it, but I just... I was worried this whole time. And ten years is a long time, you know? So seeing you now, and then thinking that you only came to use me, it was my worst nightmare come true. But... It's nice to know that you want me. If you still want me in your party I'll gladly go with you. I didn't know you were an adventurer these days, Oakleaf!"

Hey y'all! So, I decided to post something else a bit sooner than planned. So, the basic idea here is that Cofy will join Oakleaf's party later on, once things start flowing. I don't have anything else written after chapter three except for this, and this doesn't take place directly after, so there's this huge gap in the story right now. After Cofy joins Oakleaf's party, the neko decides to take him with her to get someone else to join the party as well. Cream is Oakleaf's childhood friend, and there was actually a trio planned, but we had to scrap Oliver's character. We ended up deciding to reference the scrapped character with our collective pseudonym, the first name of which is Oliver! Anyhow, any feedback is appreciated, as once again, this is a rough draft. Any tips or bits of advice are greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back