• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"So? Lie." Luke said flatly, like that was the only logical answer, he poked at the fire lightly with another stick and threw two more logs on.

"Well, then why did she send you when the Master of Spies could have sent someone better suited and trained for sneaking around the Castle of Eddis?" Luke asked, still not understanding what the boy had even been doing in his home.

Luke scoffed at the now silent boy, he stood up and moved to get Ambiades up and then let the horse out of their little camp so he too could go look for some grass to graze on with Bria. "Why work for someone who scares the shit out of you?" He asked finally still trying to get some understanding.

"I would do anything for my Queen, even if she does scare me." Katudo stated as he rolled his shoulder but kept his eyes on the fire, "Her majesty is....very thorough. There's nothing in the world I would do for her."

Luke paused for a moment then drew his sword and held the tip out toward the boy. "Would you kill for her? Would you die, willingly and bravely for her?" He asked in a calm manner.

"You know for a fact if she asked me to kill off one of her enemies, I would do it.....but while we're together, I won't kill you." Katudo responded, just as calm.

"I didn't ask about an enemy... If she told you to kill a child, would you?" Luke asked, he didn't move he didn't even blink as he stared at Katudo his sword never wavering.

"My Queen is ruthless....but even she wouldn't go that far." Katudo said quietly as his crossed his arms, "I'm sure you would do the same for uour Queen, right?"

"I'm trained to follow orders. I will not fail to follow them through, unless I give my life before I complete my orders." Luke then flipped the sword, it had a perfect balance for him, and held it hilt out to Katudo. "Have you ever held a sword, boy?"

"Yes.....but I've never practiced the movements or lessons of swordsmanship." Katudo grumbled as he took the blade by the hilt.

"So you've never fought or faced an opponent in battle?" Luke let the blade loose for Katudo to hold it and moved to roll his sleeves up, he wore thick leather Vambrace under his shirt at went from just above the wrist up to his elbows. "You should learn to fight if you're going to be of any worth to anyone." He said flatly as he finished rolling his second sleeve up past his elbow.

Katudo held the sword and smiled a little. "Well....maybe I would learn how to do this, if I wasn't busy most of the time." He responded.

"You're so busy getting caught all the time that you can spare a moment to learn your own trade and how to protect yourself?" Luke asked with a smirk, he was trying to annoy the boy now, he wanted to see if he would lash out.

"No, actually....I'm helping around the kingdom. Manual labor while also doing my duty as Her Majesty's thief." Katudo chuckled as he set the sword down and moved his arms behind his head.

Luke laughed, but he hadn't meant to let that laugh out. "So you are just some kid off the streets that she handed the title to? She wanted us to kill you, that way she could declare war." He shook his head and chuckled softly, then moved to pick up his sword slowly.

"So, you think that makes you valuable? I grew up alongside Eddis, My Queen, but she knows I am expendable and that I will die at her word if she asked it of me." Luke picked up his sword and with a fun little twirl of the blade he then sheathed it.

"Oh, really? Guess I should count myself lucky you can't fight then." Luke teased with a very mocking grin before he turned his back to Katudo and moved to look through his pack for some food.

"I'm not trying, I am." Luke said smiling to himself before he stood again with a folded up cloth, there was some cheese and dried bread folded gently in the white lien. "I find if you piss people off they end up leaving you alone." He slid down to sit on the ground near the fire and started to open his cloth wrapped food. The bread was of a sweet nature and had dried berries baked into it, the kitchen staff knew it was his favorite and always packed it for him for his travels.

"Hah.....good luck trying, my friend. The strangest thing about me is about having a short temper but me actually knowing how to keep my cool." Katudo responded with a smirk of his own, "Your petty insults are going to be a bit worn out on me."

"You are as dense as you are young and clumsy." Luke said softly as he broke some of the bread and then put it to his lips, he whispered a small thanks before he popped it in his mouth and started to chew. "I find you talk too much. That's why I find it hard to believe no one has broken your nose as of yet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back