• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"And to get access to your routes then invade into Attolia." Katudo responded, "If anything, I would stop him right now in his tracks."

"It's not my place to interfere in those affairs." Luke shifted he was getting restless, he wasn't used to sitting still and talking. His Father and him barely spoke and when they did it was usually orders from the Queen or discussing plans. On occasion Rodrick would comment on where Luke was failing in his training.

Katudo stretched a little then looked up at the cloudy sky. "Think this will hit hard?" He asked, closing his eyes but still awake.

Luke nodded softly, "It's far worse than we'd thought... The Gods like to remind us that we are simple fools, to think we can know what they intended." He shifted again with a groan then moved to lay down beside the fire, on his back. He tucked his left hand up under his head and stared up at the rocks jetting out of the cliff side over their heads.

"Has anyone tried talking with their gods?" Katudo asked and held his arms. It was a question that he wanted to know personally but...he knew from past experience, it would be much greater than expected.

Luke shrugged as he let his eyes close, it felt good to lay out beside the fire. "I've given up trying to talk to them..."

Luke shrugged again a little stiffly this time. "What else can they do to me..?" He asked darkly, he was starting to comfortable he was feeling sleepy now.

"Possibly exile or execute you or.....is your Queen more merciful than mine?" Katudo asked, crossing his arms and stretching out his legs.

"My Queen is far more merciful than Attolia. Exile is a possibility, but not for choosing to give up on speaking to the gods." Luke let his eyes close as he lay beside to fire letting it warm him to his core. "Eddis lets us believe what we wish to believe, old gods, new gods, doesn't matter. Just live your life like a good person."

"Yeah, don't kill people or rape them... Don't cause more trouble than your worth... Be a good person." Luke shifted his weight a little and half kind of rolled on his side turning his back to the fire. The wind was picking up now and the gentle snow flurries were quickly changing into sleet and ice.

"Sleep. It's going to be a harder trek in the morning with all the fresh snow." Luke opened his eyes only to glance over at the boy before he sighed softly and settled in, he wasn't going to sleep but he would allow his body to relax until the worse of the storm clears.

Katudo nodded then curled up, bringing a blanket over himself as he started to relax and sleep, despite the weather around him.

Luke waited until he heard Katudo's breathing change as the kid fell asleep, then he got up and moved over Bria and patted her gently. The snow was really starting to try and come down. Luke moved quickly but silently. He grabbed the saddle blankets that had been on the horses and tied the corners together and then grabbed a couple of spikes and a hammer from one of his saddle bags. He used his tools to make a make shift curtain from the overhanging cliff side. It was cutting down on the wind and helping keep some of the snow out. Once he was satisfied with the bit of cover he moved back to his horse and sat down beside her and leaned backwards onto her, let her body warmth keep him from freezing and he let his eyes close to wait out the storm.

Katudo held his sides as he shivered a little, wanting to ride Nahar again. He missed his black stallion a whole lot and wondered if Attolia would let him continue his work.

The storm didn't get much worse as the night dragged on, but right before dawn it died down to a simple gently snow fall. Luke had let sleep over take him, unable to fight it off all night. He was still asleep as the sun started to try to pick out through the cloud cover, curled against Bria, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes closed lightly his chest barely moved up and down with his shallow breaths that fogged in the air in front of him.

Katudo held himself as he dreamt of what would happen to him once he reported back to Attolia. Maybe he could get the Eddisian Thief, Luke, and have him tell the Queen. It wouldn't work..... he'll know how to possibly escape.... He thought quietly, barely able to keep up with his thoughts as he was trying to sleep.

Luke awoke when his back and head fell to the ground as Bria stood up and shook herself. She was hungry and was tired of laying down. She snorted and stomped one hoof before she pushed through the blankets Luke had set up as curtains to try and keep the snow out, to search for some grass. Luke couldn't help but let a laugh leave him as he slowly sat up, a little stiff from the cold.

Katudo jumped up and panted heavily, sweating as he gripped his shirt. "Damn.....why is that there?" He asked himself, "She wouldn't do that to me....."

"What?" Luke asked turning to look at the boy, his confusion clear on his face. "Wouldn't do what?" He asked turning his attentions to the fire that had grown low.

"Just....thinking back to my queen. I'm nervous...at what she would do to me." Katudo shivered as he moved his hair back then crossed his arms.

"Don't tell her you screwed up." Luke said finally after a long moment of silence. "If you just walked back in like nothing happened, she will never have to know."

"She'll question me regardless....and...she's frightening when she's staring down at you." Katudo shivered then blushed a little, shaking his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back