• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

RelicFire

Like the Phoenix I shall raise from the ashes
Name: Luke Hearton
Looks:
AyoL2kAHFCePxhwSO0e_NKJWrx8h1x0Sg3K0O3SdAL-fMeUyiRKY11zp6-0zJzFYJv4HMwxGvSdyJ4S29Ol6Lq5SCkgDzLVZShlTx8GR5jjviUOGNH2n31Vbye0OceJrJ6425Ek_

Personality: Luke is quiet, very reserved. He is standoffish in best cases and down right rude in the worst. He doesn’t believe in talking when action can be taken.
Other: Luke is the first in families bloodline to pass the trials to receive the honor of being the Queen’s thief. He’d trained at his father’s side to be a soldier since we was a young child, but due to an injury that’s left him blind in his left eye he could not join the Queen’s guard… So he turned his skill sets to thieving so he might still serve a purpose to his Queen.

(( RedtheRoyalGuard RedtheRoyalGuard ))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke had been summoned to the main hall by the Queen herself, it seemed there was a new mission she was to send him on. Walked through the halls silently, just the faintest sounds of his sword tapping against his leg barely echoed through the halls as he went. It was early spring but the mountains still shined bright with white snow in the morning light, the chill in the air made his breath fog in front of him. He was in his dress armor, the summonses had mentioned royal guest so he had to dress up so he wouldn't embarrass his Queen.

He'd known the Queen since they were both children, he'd come when she called in his night clothes if it were just her. He didn't much believe in putting on airs but he would do so for the sake of the Kingdom. He pulled at the collar of his undershirt before he pushed open the doors to the grand hall and walked in, seeing all of the Kingdoms highest ranking members and elders even his Father the head of the Queen's Guard was gathered here in the hall.

Katudo was leaning against the palace walls as he looked up to the sky. "I'd do anything for her....my queen....but going to another country....that's..spying. I'm not a spy...I have a specific job and that's thievery." He muttered and slapped himself, "Stealing information from others.....I guess that counts as thievery, but to get inside.....it'll be tougher than entering the country." The Thief of Attolia started towards the the palace walls and he took a gander towards the mountains. Those mountains seemed.....ominous to him. He chuckled as he looked around quickly. "Sure hope no guards are here to stop me." Katudo said quietly then continued scaling the palace walls to get into one of the watch towers.

Luke gave his Father a quizzing look as he made his way to the Queen's side where he was to sit. His Father shook his head lightly telling his son not to speak. Luke bowed to his Queen taking her hand gently in his own to kiss it softly. He'd only do this when she had company because it annoyed her but she couldn't say anything about it, because it was a custom. He slowly sat down in his seat ignoring the glare that his Queen was giving him.

"There's a threat of an outsider war that could effect all the lower land villages..." The General of War said to the group holding up a letter he'd received earlier this morning. "We need to be prepared for the worse," he continued as he handed the letter to the Queen. "They are trying to ally themselves with Sounis..." The General of War said with a grunt of disgust.

Katudo glanced over at his waist and tapped the pommel of his dagger, smiling lightly as he nodded. "If I had lost this....I would be lost... maybe, but if Eddis captured me, I wouldn't feel lost because I know my way on how to get out...I hope." He muttered as he handled getting into the palace through an open window. It must've led to another part of the palace because there was a division that split into two paths. "Damn it....need to get to the throne room possibly." Katudo said quietly to himself as he rushed towards the hallway he saw first.

The Queen furrowed her brow as she read the letter then she handed it to Luke wordlessly. Luke read the letter quickly then scoffed as he handed it to his Father at his left side. "Honestly..." He said as he stood up and tugged on his collar again. "It simple states that they're meeting, it doesn't say anything about a threat of war or an alliance." He shook his head gently and stretched his arms over his head. "I'll leave tonight to gather some real information." He said with a gentle smile to his Queen.
"Very well." Eddis, the Queen finally spoke. "Luke will go to this meeting and see if he can find cause for concern and we will build a plan of action based on what he finds." With that she stood and left the Grand Hall, dismissing the meeting.

"I am not a simple paranoid fool, boy!" The General of War shouted into Luke's face out in the hall. He was annoyed that the Queen's ear was so easily bent by the young thief. Luke smirked as the old man yelled at him. He wasn't afraid, there was no one in this Kingdom who could touch him for he was in the Queen's favor. "You are so quick to dismiss a true threat just so you can go gallivanting off breaking any and all the laws you wish?" The General was turning red in the face from shouting, while Luke stood perfectly still and calm in the hall waiting for the General to finish berating him.

Katudo decided to hide himself when he heard someone yelling, possibly because they were upset. He started towards the room but he stayed away from it as he continued to listen to the conversation....or rather a barrage of complaints. Who's getting berated by this and....why? Breaking the laws? I'm doing that right now and you know what? I don't care because it is my duty. He thought as Katudo moved his left hand to his dagger and slowly grabbed its hilt.

The General turned an accusing finger to Luke's Father. "If he were my son I'd never allowed him to speak so plainly to his betters. You should have taught him to hold his tongue! Then he wouldn't have suffered that accident and he'd be one of the Queen's Guards." He shouted so loudly the words echoed through the stone halls. Luke's Father was unresponsive, unwilling to let the General know how hurtful his words were and Luke swallowed hard before he reached up and pulled on the collar of his undershirt again.
"Thank you General. I will take that into consideration for the future meetings. I must leave though, to prepare for my travels." Luke said and clicked his heels together before a brief bow and then turned to his Father and bowed again before he turned on his heels and started to walk away.

Luke waited until he turned a corner so neither would see him and then he let his shoulders drop and leaned on a wall letting out a loud sigh. "I have never wanted to hit someone so much in all my life..." He breathed the words out in a long sigh. He was so angry he was actually shaking...

Katudo started to snicker as he gripped the hilt of his dagger tightly. "Well, here we go then." He muttered as he started to move away slightly away from the door but he stumbled and fell onto ground, "Damnit..." Katudo glanced at the room entrance and got up slowly to see if the person inside would hear him. I'm dead....snap out of it, you've been in worst situations before. The Thief of Attolia thought.

Luke straightened slowly and turned his head towards the noise in the hall. He slowly started to creep back the way he'd came to see what the noise was. In a castle of this size it wasn't uncommon for there to be random people or sounds around, but they'd just had a meeting and the staff should know better than to be hanging around until the Grand Hall had been completely emptied of people. Luke moved soundlessly as he creeped back around the corner and saw someone standing in the middle of the hall way, his hand closed around the hilt of his sword because the stranger was dressed in a fashion of an Attolian.

Luke didn't say anything he simply tilted his head to the side looking at the stranger with his hand gripping the hilt of his sword tightly.

Katudo glared at the fighter in front of him then glanced at his sword. I can't beat him. Damnit....he's more experienced as a fighter than I am. I can nick him.... that's the most I can do. He thought as he turned back to face the swoardsman. Slowly, Katudo started to back up away from him but kept his grip on his dagger.

"What do you want?" Luke asked in a low tone watching the stranger start to back away from him. "You're too noisy to be an assassin... And too clumsy to be a spy. What do you want?" He let go of his sword and let his hand fall down to his side. The kid in front of him looked like a scared animal, glowering at him and backing away, clutching what looked like a small dagger.

Katudo glanced at the sword again then back up at him. "As if...I'd tell you. That would be treasonous....and I'd rather die before I tell you anything." He snorted then his mind told him the opposite, He's practically giving himself away! I could cut him or I could run. Which do I choose? He thought and stopped moving. Slowly, Katudo took the dagger out from his sheath and pointed it at him, grinning as he closed one eye.

Luke gave small breathless kind of laugh. "So," he said taking a step closer raising both his hands in a harmless manner. "You are working for Attiolia." He smiled slightly and shook his head lightly. "Boy, I don't want to spill your blood in the walls of my home. But I will do whatever I have to." His hands were still raised palms up and he took one more step closer.

"Stop right there! If you just let me go.....I'll...." Katudo put his dagger up then ran back down the hallway he came from, trying to get as much distance possible away from the other. He knew it was a long shot but he had to try, most likely that the old boy would catch up to him in no time.

Luke whistled a sharp loud whistle that echoed loudly along the hall, and took off racing after the kid. Luke knew the castle better than anyone alive there was no where for this kid to disappear. Even though he was running, it was almost completely silent. Years of training had him landing on the balls of his feet and his custom made soft leather soled boots gripped the stone flooring instead of clicking against the stones.

"Come on, don't be like this....gotta find an exit." Katudo said quietly. Even though he was 17, he was still able to run quite fast. He couldn't fail his queen and quit on her just because some person from Eddis caught him off guard. "No....I'm not running. Not from her...I'll keep going to be her thief." He said and he saw the window he entered the palace, "I'm there..."

Luke's whistle had alerted his father and the Queen's Guard that there was an intruder, the castle was going into a lock down. Luke slid to a stop and drew his sword as he saw the stranger going for a window. One of the benefits of being the Queen's Thief as well as a train soldier he'd made plans with the Guards' to cover any and all possible exits. "I have archers at the ready, don't move." He said softly he was out of arms reach to the boy but he could close that space in an instant.

Katudo flinched then grunted. He stopped then climbed back down to the indoors of the palace. He grabbed his dagger out of it's sheath and turned to the boy behind him. "Fine.....you've got me surrounded." He admitted.

"I still don't want to spill your blood... I know the maid personally, who'd have to mop it up." Luke said with a grin. He waved with his sword lightly, gesturing that he should drop the dagger. "Now, be a good lad, and let's just talk."

Katudo scowled but he dropped his dagger onto the floor. "I'm older than you think." He said, "But what do you mean, talk about?"

Luke couldn't help the chuckle that left him as the boy in front of him tried to defend his age, it was kind of adorable. "How about, what the hell you're doing here? What do you want? Why you thought you could escape when faced with a solider train by the Queen's guard? Your name?" Luke lowered his sword but didn't put it away.

Katudo chuckled lightly as he moved a hand through his black hair. "First two questions, I cannot say. Third question, I didn't know you were a guard of Eddis.....honestly, I'm quite surprised you are....and lastly, my name is Katudo." He answered, "But if you're going to force me to say something, you thief, I'd suggest you wait until Eddis shows up. She'd want to hear it too, wouldn't she?"

Luke tilted his head to the left a little confused by the boldness of this... Katudo. "My Queen doesn't take pleasure in watching torture like yours does." He said with a hint of something to his voice, it wasn't quite hate but it was something.

The Queen's Guards' came up behind Luke and paused waiting for orders. "Take him, lock him up and wait for my Father's orders on what to do with him." He said with a shake of his head before he turned to leave.

"They will not touch me.....I'll get to the cell without you lugs dragging me." Katudo grumbled. He was never a fan of guards touching him, whether be to congratulate him or to put him into motivation. He seemed to be....hateful towards that and he could show it.

"Trespassers and prisoners don't get a choice." Luke called over his shoulder as he sheathed his sword. One of the Guards' picked up Katudo's dagger, and slipped it into his shin guard before he pointed in the direction he wanted Katudo to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back