• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Closed For Bossman

peachuu

*:・゚✧𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉*:・゚✧

simple sliding hover

[class=l] background:transparent; width: 400px; margin:auto; height:900px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=1] transition: .8s; position: relative; width: 820px; height: 909px; background:transparent; [/class] [class name=1 state=hover] margin-left: -400px; [/class] [class=1st] background:transparent; border:0px; padding:35px; width:40%; height:888px; float:left; font-size:54px; color:#c6c9b7; [/class] [class=2nd] background:transparent; width:45%; padding:14.5px; height:909px; border:0px; float:left; color:#fff; [/class] [div class=l][div class=1] [div class=1st]

The Curse of the Locklongs
(This is a hover, please click for more)

[div class=2nd]
“The world doesn't need a hero, it needs a professional.”
Two great families have hated each other longer than most others in the kingdom of Redania. The Locklong's and their great lands are undergoing the hardest times they've had in ages. Lands which once produced food in abundance can no longer grow the simplest of grain. Rivers full of fish are now toxic to drink from and no longer support life. As famine and hunger destroy the common folks way of life they vent their anger and frustration in the old way. Blaming their problems on magic and the non-humans which seem to thrive under the circumstances. In a months time massive riots have been launched by the peasants, mostly they attack only the food storage's. However the more recent riots have been more violent, non-humans being slain by the dozens due to stressed race relations. People accused of using sorcery are burned alive publicly, most without sufficient proof of guilt. Monsters terrorize small villages who are helpless to defend themselves due to a stretched and strained military.

Where as the Locklong's suffer, their ancient and bitter rival family thrives, the Silman's just to the east of the Locklong's, wait for an opportunity. Although they can not directly attack the Locklong's their war is one of secrecy. Silman agents stir up unrest between Non-humans and humans, Priest are payed to journey into Locklong lands sowing the seeds of distrust between the magical and non-magical. While the Silman's play this dangerous game they have not been without their own misfortune. Abrina of Murivel, the Silman court wizard, has went missing in Locklong lands. The Silman's fear she was assassinated by the locklong's and use this tragedy (Although unproven) as a means to open conflict with the Locklongs. With tensions high and rising the king of Redania, Randal the Uneasy, has sent out word that he's looking for anyone willing to end the curse on the Locklong family. The promise of reward has lead many to travel to Locklong lands, seeking fame, riches, power or only to take the chaos and use it for their own gain, but after two months no end to the curse has been found. The situation only seems to get worse and King Randal the Uneasy fears that Redania may suffer a civil war if the matter is not solved swiftly.

A handful of people have accepted the challenge of ending this conflict. Whether their motivations are selfish or selfless remains to be seen. These people are forced to unite under a common goal, end the curse on the locklong lands.

[/div][/div][/div]

[class=tabs] background-color: white; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #000088; box-sizing: border-box; color: #000; font-size: 10px; font-weight: italic; line-height: 0.5; margin: 20px auto; min-width: 350px; text-align: center; width: 50%; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 33%; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #fff; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} info) (show tabsContentInformation) if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentRules) if (eq ${currentTab} roles) (show tabsContentCharacters) [/script] [div class=tabs][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"]info[/div][div class=tab]rules[/div][div class=tab style="border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; width: 34%;"]roles[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"]
Hello everyone, BossMan here!

Now if you clicked on this thread you are probably familiar with Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher books. Or, at the very least, the games based off of his books and made by CD PROJEKT Red. I, myself, have beaten all the games and read the first two prequel books, only just starting the first book in the original series. I love the grim, fantastical world, the complex and unique characters, the grey morality that Sapkowski paints all to beautifully, I love it all really. Anyways if you're a fan of the books or games, like me, then this may be a treat for you. I've given it some thought and decided I'd like to try my hand at GMing a Witcher based roleplay. I've never GMed a roleplay before but I've participated in many and feel like I have enough experience to create a fair and fun environment for players to participate in. Which is why I'm here posting this thread, because I need players to write out an awesome story with me, people like you. Possibly.

Now fear not if you are completely new to the Witcher or have only barely heard about it. I plan for this roleplay to be completely original, only borrowing Sapkowski's world. While characters from the books may exist in the world, or events may have happened, our characters will never meet them. They will be completely original, as will the journey they are sent on. That means we'll never "run" into Geralt of Rivia or Yennefer of Vengerberg, sorry but I feel this is the best way to go. That way our story doesn't get side tracked by an original character and it focuses solely on our own characters story, motivations and flaws. For this roleplay I have a rough plot outlined and even now it's still in the works. My style of roleplay is more of a free-flowing style, I'm more of a "Go with the flow" kinda guy. I'll have some bullet points, objectives, NPC's laid out and all of that good stuff, but for the most part I like to remain flexible so that the story feels more alive and not constricted by plot. So if that's how you like to roleplay too then this would be a good fit for you.

Now as for the roleplay in general this will fall under "Dark Fantasy." Meaning it will have a darker tone, the bad guys may win, people will die, sad things will happen and racism will be abundant. If you can't handle a story that has these darker elements then I'd advise you not to join. As for how many people can join I'm looking for 4 or 5 maybe, MAYBE, 6 if I think we can fit it. If you're interested post below and let me know! I can't wait to get this started and if it garners enough interest we'll move this to a different thread where we can actually plan out the roleplay, our characters, plot and all that good stuff.

Anyways I've talked enough, thanks for reading.

BossMan out.

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules" style="display: none;"]
This will be a detailed roleplay with a minimum post length of two (2) paragraphs per post. This means I’d like you to try and attain a healthy post length all throughout the roleplay. During the roleplay, or the OOC threads of the roleplay, I expect everyone to be fair and respectful to their fellow players. This should be fun for everyone and we should all strive to make it so. In the event that you can no longer post, or have to take a leave of absence for a while, I’d appreciate a PM letting me know. I understand real life comes before roleplay, sometimes you simply don’t have the time to post, but if you think you won’t be able to post for at least three (3) days, then please let me know. This roleplay will have a dark fantasy theme to it, meaning curse words, possible gore and violent scenes, racism and other forms of discrimination and more. If you don’t think you can handle such topics then I’d strongly advise you not to join.

Now as for character creation I’d like everyone to read the Lore section before they make a character. That way it eliminates the possibility of inconsistencies between your character and the lore of the world. No character will have met a canon character of the series or games. Every character will be original and come from the roleplayer, I’d encourage you to think long and hard on the type of character you’d like to play. I intend to make this choice matter, your choice matter. In this world people will react differently to different people, humans may be friendlier to other humans while they may discriminate on a Witcher or Dwarf. Sorceresses may inspire fear or curiosity from commoners or they may be seen as a threat to nobility or others in power. Think about it.

In addition there will be a limit on the number of character types in this roleplay. There will only be two (2) Witchers maximum. There will only be (2) Magic users like a Sorceress or Mage maximum. Because of this rule everyone will be restricted to play only one character apiece, but they can create up to three (3) characters to apply for the roleplay. That way, let's say, if you were planning on filling the popular Witcher spot but you were beat out by another players Witcher, there is still a chance you can join with a different character. You may post your characters in this thread but before you begin roleplaying in the story your character must be approved by me. With that in mind I’d encourage people to invest time and effort into their characters, as I will be able to tell. Sadly, with this being a group roleplay, there is a chance you will not get accepted. If you apply to this roleplay you should hold that thought in your mind.

Last but not least, thanks for joining this roleplay and I wish you luck!​
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentCharacters" style="display: none;"]
Create your character using the provided character generator.​
[/div]

[/div]

Last edited:

lore
navigation

Hidden scrolls

.link one:
.link two:
.link three:

Wipwpwouewdnfembdfsmjnx

The links would need to be labeled instead of the long name so if you would like, i could keep updating as we add more to the story MrBossMan MrBossMan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back