• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FireMaiden

Grade A Bitch
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

229b159556c2633a635312770f223c86.jpg

• "Can't you feel it?" An old man cries to the crowd, calloused hands clutching an old tome, his eyes wild and his beard matted. Torn robes soaked by rain, he alone stands before a few listening ears, pity and annoyance mixed on the faces among the crowd. "Astoria is out of balance, you can feel it in the air, a sour scent to chill our bones. We must listen! It is a call by our god, the one who will abandon us should we ignore it!" His cries fell on mostly deaf ears, citizens of all races more interested in their daily lives than the ramblings of a mad man. "We humans have been here two centuries. We have killed, pillaged, taken advantage of this land and it's angry, and we're trapped! Trapped in a cycle perpetuated by our leaders! The nobility who claim all is right with the world, King Sebastian is a grieving man who needs to give up his throne." As his spiel continued, the crowd's interest grew, knights wearing the king's colors approaching the crate the old man stood upon.

"The loss of the princess was tragic, but it should give no man to victimize as the king has!" He bellowed. "Our taxes have risen, we are left starving, groveling on our knees, and begging for scraps! And do the inhumans' help us? No! They too turn a blind eye to what he has done! To what he will do!" The man insisted, taking a step back as the knights grew closer, his rag wrapped feet touching the edge of his makeshift podium. "Our Queen needs to step up! We need someone who will look upon the faces of their people and take pity! Take pity on the sick and weak. Pity on the children and their mothers. A leader who would not send our children to their dooms! A monarch that will wright the wrongs of the past!" His wild eyes turned to the knights who now stood before him. "Here! The dogs of his majesty attempting to intimidate the truth into silence! I will not stop, I will no yield until you all see-" The man cried out a metallic clunk hit the box, causing him to tumble back into the mud. A few, dry chuckles fall from the royal soldiers as two moved on either side of the old man. Stooping down, they grabbed his arms and hoisted him up, turning to drag him off toward a steel cage on the back of a large cart. "He'll lead us to war!" The man shouted, fighting against the armored goons. "King Sebastian will be the death of us all, heed my warning!"

As he was dragged off, the few citizens who had been paying attention quickly moved on, the man's frantic rambling being forgotten as soon as the man was out of sight. But the man's words held some truth. Something is wrong with Astoria, something evil is brewing just under the surface of blissful ignorance of the citizen of the human empire. They can see it, it's right in front of their eyes, but they chalk it up to a grieving king, and are content to wait for their lives to improve. But there are some who see past this. They understand that something more is happening, or at the very least, it won't get better. So the question is, what are you willing to do for Astoria?

Last edited:
Holy shit! I was about to sign off and go to sleep, I'm so glad that I saw this before I passed out. I was part of the original RP, and I'm interested in joining the reboot as well! I love Skyrim and DnD, although I haven't been able to play the latter as much due to the pandemic, and I usually play as a bard or a rogue.

Seems interesting. Will keep an eye out for this.

My favorite "fantasy" game is most likely Mount and Blade Warband especially with some of the crazy mods that are around. Nothing beats eating butter all day and riding down your enemies with a lance.

Eyyyyooooo

Without a doubt i'm in, the system stuff do seem interesting but i've had no problems in the past hurting my precious characters.

Getting hit is half the fun~

As for my faaaavorite fantasy game, if were talking pure fantasy stuff, Dragon Quest, each game i've played scratched that fantasy itch very well. Dragon's dogma is also a very fun game i'd highly recromend.

Seems interesting. Will keep an eye out for this.

My favorite "fantasy" game is most likely Mount and Blade Warband especially with some of the crazy mods that are around. Nothing beats eating butter all day and riding down your enemies with a lance.
I have far to many hours to be considered healthy in that game.

Its such a shame some mods wont really ever be comepleted, but they are still fun nonetheless!

Elves got the good stuff goin, like soap that actually makes you damn well smell good.

And not like grease.

But that Marzon wine tho, jesus, proper weapons grade brew there.

I would very much like to be part of this if it’s still in the works. Post, PM me, or I can PM you. All is well. I really love the lore and the story and am ready.

The elves know how to party
But i gotta say, something about the Orcs, their simple ways of honoring their goddess, the togetherness that tribes tend to give, brings forth my desire to make one.

Plus, the tribe around those frankly TERRIFYING mists sound badass.

Howdy. I was part of this one before. I played the dwarven warrior. Was having fun writing for him and was sad to see thins fall off last time. Hope I can revise the role, if that's at all acceptable to you. Hopefully I wasn't too obnoxious when we wrote last! My favorite fantasy game, recently, is probably Divinity 2, I've been playing it a lot prepping to play Baulders Gate 3! Wizards are my fav

Interested in joining this! I can’t decide between Skyrim, DAO, Dragons Dogma, and DOS 2. All of them have their pluses and minuses, however I will say that I typically play a Spellsword or wizard character if that’s not an option.

Hey there! Caught my interest.

Favorite fantasy game(s) have to be the Elder Scrolls series. Just started new Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim playthroughs recently, in fact.

Favorite class is any class that would consider themselves a swordsman. While I love pure warriors, I have equal admiration for swordsmen who complement their skills with magic. I also have an affinity for conjurors.

I could definitely see myself playing as a stealthy or pure mage class, but they definitely wouldn't be my go-tos.

Hey, I'm definitely interested and I actually don't play a lot of "fantasy games" persay, so this will be a bit of a learning experience for me. I've already hopped onto the discord, if that's alright. I was just wondering how character selection works? Is everyone just accepted or do you decide who's going to join or not?

Hey, I'm definitely interested and I actually don't play a lot of "fantasy games" persay, so this will be a bit of a learning experience for me. I've already hopped onto the discord, if that's alright. I was just wondering how character selection works? Is everyone just accepted or do you decide who's going to join or not?
I decide who to accept and who doesn't get in based on the character they've written and writing sample. So far, everyone has done well with both, so just make a character sheet and post it in the CS thread

I've set a deadline for CS and Writing samples for next Wednesday, January 6th! Anyone interested has until then to submit both.

I am hella interested in this and I think my favourite fantasy game would probably be a tie between dnd or Pathfinder: Kingmaker and normally play a barbarian although I'm always wanting to try classes I have yet to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Back