• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy For Astoria! (Reboot) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

FireMaiden

Grade A Bitch
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hi! And welcome to the For Astoria! OOC thread! Most of OOC talk will take place on Discord, so I highly recommend joining the server. If not, I will post major updates here for people who don't join, but once again, I highly recommend you do.

Last edited:
Hi, i am super interested. i am unfortunetly unable to join discord, but the actual rp is on site. i love the idea you have (and my marxist self started giggling madly at the overthrowingt he king part)

Oh, and i love me some eloquence bards and oath office Liberty pallys in dnd.

Hi, i am super interested. i am unfortunetly unable to join discord, but the actual rp is on site. i love the idea you have (and my marxist self started giggling madly at the overthrowingt he king part)

Oh, and i love me some eloquence bards and oath office Liberty pallys in dnd.
Oh I love DnD bards, they're great. Also, Discord isn't a requirement, so you're good lol. It's just where a bunch of extra talking is gonna take place

Ahh good. I just want to guillotine a king in a fantasy setting (because I was in a campaign like that but it died).

Im a little confused though, are there set classes for characters?

Reading through the lore I was wondering if everything is specifically set in stone (which I respect, since world building with this much detail takes a lot of effort and time!) Or if we could also partake in building the world by adding stuff like religion or tribes or what have you

Reading through the lore I was wondering if everything is specifically set in stone (which I respect, since world building with this much detail takes a lot of effort and time!) Or if we could also partake in building the world by adding stuff like religion or tribes or what have you
Everything that you see is set in stone to keep everything from getting too muddled, but things can be built upon. If you want to make some lore, feel free to do so and send it to me so I can review it!

Also PatriasLover PatriasLover there's no set classes, it's why I linked that TV troupe classes link! But you can totally make your own if you want to, just add a little description.

Also, I'm no longer accepting Elven characters, we have too many. That being said, we are still accepting characters, so you can make one from any of the other races (I'm hoping for some orcs, dwarves, and tieflings lol)

Oh, and if your were in the Discord and got accepted, you'd get a role that's basically a summary of your class. Like a Rascal Rouge or a Cool Guy Cleric

I’m thinking a human or tiefling and I can’t find the link to the tropes, sorry.

So! RikuXIII RikuXIII we have a few things to talk about with your CS!
  • Crossing magic schools is extremely difficult to do even as a member of the Faye. And it's even harder when it's conflicting elements such as water and fire. Since she's a Kitsune, I'd stick with the fire magic
    • Further more, the fire magic you have listed would be considered different spells. Fire Ball is one of the most common spells people use, but they can manipulate said fire balls to be different sized. Fire Bolts would be considered a different spell even though they're somewhat similar.
  • Shapeshifting is also something pretty hard to learn. It's limited to animal forms, so a Kitsune would be able to shift between a human and fox form naturally. But in order to shift to a different animal, it would have to be something similar to her "true" form. Like another type of fox or other small canine creature
  • You can keep invisibility. It's an illusion spell, but is often thought to be a mix of fire and air magic thanks to the shimmery air you can still see. I would like for you to put a time limit it on it though, to keep things balanced

Also, enchanting isn't a wide spread skill, mostly kept to the cities in the hands of nobles or royal blacksmiths. Most people don't have access to it to learn just yet, and based on her backstory there's not really an explanation as to how she learned the skill. I don't mind the idea of her knowing how to, but I'd like mm ore details on how she learned

So! RikuXIII RikuXIII we have a few things to talk about with your CS!
  • Crossing magic schools is extremely difficult to do even as a member of the Faye. And it's even harder when it's conflicting elements such as water and fire. Since she's a Kitsune, I'd stick with the fire magic
    • Further more, the fire magic you have listed would be considered different spells. Fire Ball is one of the most common spells people use, but they can manipulate said fire balls to be different sized. Fire Bolts would be considered a different spell even though they're somewhat similar.
  • Shapeshifting is also something pretty hard to learn. It's limited to animal forms, so a Kitsune would be able to shift between a human and fox form naturally. But in order to shift to a different animal, it would have to be something similar to her "true" form. Like another type of fox or other small canine creature
  • You can keep invisibility. It's an illusion spell, but is often thought to be a mix of fire and air magic thanks to the shimmery air you can still see. I would like for you to put a time limit it on it though, to keep things balanced
  • Gotcha! I misinterpreted what mixing meant. I'll take back the water magic and expand the fire abilities. Looking at fire ball, fire bolt, and "burning hands."
  • Ah! I see. In which case, I'll probably drop it and make more room for the different fire spells.
  • I agree on the invisibility. I intended it to be short/taxing, but forgot to mention it.
I was wondering how you feel about the wands. Does their transmuting her magic to different elements work with what you have in mind?

I'll go ahead and make changes to the magic. I'll start looking at backstory expansion to better explain the skill set. A skill from her parents?

• Gotcha! I misinterpreted what mixing meant. I'll take back the water magic and expand the fire abilities. Looking at fire ball, fire bolt, and "burning hands."
  • Ah! I see. In which case, I'll probably drop it and make more room for the different fire spells.
  • I agree on the invisibility. I intended it to be short/taxing, but forgot to mention it.
I was wondering how you feel about the wands. Does their transmuting her magic to different elements work with what you have in mind?

I'll go ahead and make changes to the magic. I'll start looking at backstory expansion to better explain the skill set. A skill from her parents?
Wands are an odd things. Elves have know how to make them for years as they also make staves that act as catalysts for their magic powers too. But humans and other races capable of magic, only recently gained the ability to make them through enchantment. Elves have a slightly different process and given she lived in the Eve Thelmar territories, it would make sense they're elven wands. They have limits on how often and how long they can be used without needing to be rested, but don't need to be recharged like Human enchantments as they're tied to to the natural mana of the world. So they're fine. Though lightning can be a standalone spell if you'd like, it's an advanced hybrid spell (fire/air) and given her age she definitely could have learned that.

As for the enchanting skill, it's really only been around for 30 or so years, so while learning it from her parents might have been possible, having a different mentor would make more sense

Wands are an odd things. Elves have know how to make them for years as they also make staves that act as catalysts for their magic powers too. But humans and other races capable of magic, only recently gained the ability to make them through enchantment. Elves have a slightly different process and given she lived in the Eve Thelmar territories, it would make sense they're elven wands. They have limits on how often and how long they can be used without needing to be rested, but don't need to be recharged like Human enchantments as they're tied to to the natural mana of the world. So they're fine. Though lightning can be a standalone spell if you'd like, it's an advanced hybrid spell (fire/air) and given her age she definitely could have learned that.

As for the enchanting skill, it's really only been around for 30 or so years, so while learning it from her parents might have been possible, having a different mentor would make more sense
Cool! I was considering treating the Lightning Wand as more of a "crowd control" type of weapon, so the limited use actually can work with that.
With the fire wands, I was thinking less providing something new, as augmenting her own spells. Would that allow more regular/longer use? The use of larger fire balls and burning hands being more costly.

I've got the magic changes in place. Adjusted backstory is in the workshop.

Side note, yer, uhh, discord link has expired v.v

Rip link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back