• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FireMaiden

Grade A Bitch
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

229b159556c2633a635312770f223c86.jpg

• The great land of Astoria. A place of legends and heroes, where battles are won with wit and how well you wield a blade. That's how the giants and dragons won their battles thousands of years ago. It's how the dwarves and elves conquered their lands and the cycle continued with the humans. 200 years ago, five ships arrived in the southern shore of Astoria, filled with hungry humans and tieflings alike. The elves who greeted them learned nothing of where they came from or why they were here. But one thing was very clear. None of them were leaving. The humans quickly established their first town, which slowly but very steadily spread into the strong empire they have today. The empire that's stolen lands from the elves and hunted dragons to near extinction. The empire that has seen the giants disappear and more demons roam the lands than any other. The empire who in only a few short decades is larger than the two nearly 5 times it's senior. Of course, they had to fight, and claw, and betray to claim the land they have now...but we aren't here for a history lesson, right my wee lambs?

The past ten years have been an interesting blip in the great history of Astoria. After the passing of the late king and the coronation of King Sebastian and his wife Queen Amalia, the human empire was on track to enter a new age of prosperity. For the first two years, the king was a kind and benevolent ruler, a man who wanted what was best for his people, the kind you always hope to get but rarely get. During those two years, they announced Queen Amalia was with child, and the empire rejoiced. It was truly a good sign. But things never actually turn out the way you want them to do they? Shorter after the princess was born, a few days at most yet nobody is exactly sure, she passed away in her sleep. The castle was dark for three days and three nights before the princess's funeral was held.

Understandably, the king wasn't the same after that, his heart grown cold, shut off. Not even the Queen could get through to him. And the empire suffered for it. At first, the people believed that perhaps it was just his broken heart, that after a while everything would return to normal. They slowly realized it would not. Taxes were raised, stricter laws we're set, foreign goods cost more to buy, and became much much rarer. Just in order to survive, many people had to turn to the military or other lines of dangerous work. King Sebastian has slowly begun to try and claim more land once again, more from the elves and reclaiming land given to the orcs as for now, the Dwarves remain untouchable. While his advancements have been subtle...it's clear enough that the elves and orcs know what's coming.

King Sebastian will cause war. A man blinded by what used to be grief, but now is just an insatiable lust for power and a steady fall into what would call madness. Not everyone can handle the weight of the crown and the people are prepared for the worst to happen. Already you may have noticed the changes. Dwarves returning home to Odelun. Elves leaving the human territories and trying to leave their contracts with the human military. All in preparation for what may or may not come, but we always prepare for the worse. Now the question is have you been paying attention? To your gods? To the land? To the people? There's a tension in the air, one that always leads back to the same question. What are you willing to do for Astoria?

Last edited:
This sounds really cool! As someone who got into the fantasy genre a long time ago (huge fan of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance [favorite game] but also other FE games as well) and an avid D&D player and DM, I'm looking forward to digging into the full lore and seeing what I come up with for a character!

Seems interesting! My most favorite fantasy game... hmm... either Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Mount & Blade Warband. I seem to find myself making Spell Blade-esque characters who focus more on martial abilities (bows, swords/lances), but augment it with a little bit of magic.

My favorite fantasy game?....Um I don’t know. But I usually do like magic type classes or ones where you can summon beasts and what not.

I have to say this is very impressive

Excellently done. And you said it'd have taken you forever. Well worth the wait and you already know I'm in

My favorite Fantasy game is Dark Souls. If I can, I'll always go Archer/Scout.

Jesus, sorry! Forgot to say my favorite fantasy game (concequences of staying up too damn late)

My favorite fantasy game is 100% Dragon Age Origins, no question. Probably tied with Fable II.

This is certainly one of the most detailed RPs I've seen in a long while so colour me interested.

Also, TES:III Morrowind is a masterpiece and might as well be my favourite game.

Gonna have to say my favourite game is eee, Dragon Age Origins. Ive only recently gotten into the franchise but hee 🥺👉👈

Just read through the lore and I'm really impressed. Definitely interested!

I'd say my fave fantasy game is probably guild wars 2 or perhaps the league of legends universe (if that even counts). I'm a sucker for support classes, so I love playing things like clerics and druids.

Hey Fire, is this still open?? My favorite fantasy game is D&D 5e, and I don’t have a usual class, but I do really love bards and Paladins.

And I think you know I’ve been craving some intense political intrigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back