• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help fonts not showing?

myfanwy

forever tilted
for reference, i am using the font Nanum Gothic Coding and Major Mono Display, with the (div=font-family} tag, though it's coming up as the default text. it appears properly here, so why is it not registering in the code?

Code:
[centerblock=65][div=border-top: 2px solid gray; border-left: 2px solid gray; border-right: 2px solid gray; border-radius: 2px; padding: 0px;][div=background-color: gray; opacity: 0.5;][div=font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size: 25px; color: darkred; text-align: center]Attention[/div][div=font-family: Lato; font-size: 15px; color: darkred; text-align: center;]There is no contraband thought. Offenders will be terminated.[/div][/div][/div]

You have to pull the font into the CSS style of the post using the [font=font name][/font] tag in order to use font-family.

Attention
There is no contraband thought. Offenders will be terminated.

I think, I remember reading somewhere, whether it was explained somewhere on RPN’s various coding threads or if I read it on the xF forums or even the css websites, the reason why fonts don’t work using “font-family” in divs without a bbcode tag on xF forums for fonts is because most desktop, laptops, phone, etc. have specific universal fonts that are incorporated and used on most systems?

So fonts like Times New Roman, Arial, Georgia are the basic fonts that are seen on most systems and normally they are fonts that can be seen on any screen without the hassle of needing to download the font so it registers universally on any screen.

But, fonts that aren’t universally incorporated on computers ( even word documents ) and need to be downloaded such as Nanum Gothic Coding and Major Mono Display would have trouble being displayed.

However, even if you downloaded a font, someone who doesn’t have the font on their computer wont be able to see the font and the font they’ll see will be a default font.

Hopefully I explained this correctly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back