• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion font and style preferences

Please add an option to always display text using default font type, color, and size, and to disable displaying bb code / html. These could go under a "readability" section in preferences.

i think this could possibly be a good and implementable idea for plain posts, since the dark theme seems to do a little changing of font size and line spacing. however, to your last point...

to disable displaying bb code / html.

i did remember there had been something said on the subject before by one of our moderators...

As stated, there isn't a technical way to separate the code from the text. The BBCode has gotten more complicated to allow DIVs and scripts so even if the code had a "revert to plain" option it would still be the same effect as if someone turned off the RTE and quoted the post. They would have to hunt down the actually content of the post through the code and if someone is disabled or even just unfamiliar with coding it would be very time consuming.

this was said fairly recently as well, so at least for the moment, i don't think it's possible.

(edit: whoops! i ended this post originally by suggesting an alternative which wasn't very viable, haha. that's what i get for skimming.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back