• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Folders for the Private Workshop

Cassie Lang

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay, so I use the private workshop section to generate OOCs, store ideas, write posts, etc. This'll add up to a lot of clutter in the long run, and yes, while you can delete the threads to clean up your workshop, there isn't an effective way to organize your threads if you'd prefer to archive them for later use instead. Therefore, I propose a category system or "folders" for the workshop area. It'd be nice if you could create your own folders and name them for individual RPs and/or topics, but a simple archive section for the workshop could work just as well.

We can't really do folders because this is a forum, so we'd have to make subforums for each "folder" and that's not really possible to allow users to do there.

However..
I have a "master thread" which I bookmark, and then use threadmarks to connect the others to it. Works for the level of organization I need. ^;3^ Maybe give it a try?

That's a neat suggestion- definitely worth considering! ^^
On a related note, would there be the same issue with creating folders for PMs? Similar to OP, I feel like things get cluttered quite quickly, and being able to organize them would be super helpful. Kinda hoping that, since they aren't forums, they might not suffer from the same issue as the Workshop ouo

Ah, PMs actually have folders already ^D^ They're called Labels there.

Labels hide away labeled PM to their own Labels folder. You can still use them like normal PMs, just that when you're in your inbox, you don't see them. You can set the labels yourself, or your can set up an auto filter that will catch words or phrases and assign a label to them.

Labels hide away labeled PM to their own Labels folder. You can still use them like normal PMs, just that when you're in your inbox, you don't see them. You can set the labels yourself, or your can set up an auto filter that will catch words or phrases and assign a label to them.
I'm sorry for being obtuse, but I still don't understand ^^" I made a label but I didn't see an option for adding messages to it :/

So in the inbox, you should be able to see a small checkbox on each PM thread, click on it and it should bring up a bar at the bottom of the screen, there you can select options to apply/remove filters.

Back to the main subject, it isn't possible with how the private workshop is set up and designed. The private workshop is actually just one big category forum that everyone can access, it's just that you can't see each other's private workshop. But on the back end, everyone is sharing the same space, and we as staff see it all combined as one.

We can't really do folders because this is a forum, so we'd have to make subforums for each "folder" and that's not really possible to allow users to do there.

However..
I have a "master thread" which I bookmark, and then use threadmarks to connect the others to it. Works for the level of organization I need. ^;3^ Maybe give it a try?

Sorry about the late reply. Got a case of the nasty fever and stabbing-like pain in the side, so it's been fun recently.

So, I can understand the reasoning behind that. However, if folders couldn't work for a forum section such as the Workshop, couldn't a series of thread prefixes work just as well? Kind of like how int checks have the various genres tags, but in the fashion of like Work In Progress, Post Thread, etc. Something like that. I'll have to check out the threadmark suggestion soon, though.

Aww, I hope you're feeling better now!

Thread prefixes might work, but we'd have to look into what everyone is using their PWS threads for to determine which ones to create (it isn't necessarily intuitive, or short, the way other forums are -- people use PWS for all kinds of things) and there are over 25,000 threads in there. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, or that we absolutely will not do it, but other things will probably take priority in the foreseeable future. However, we might take a poll at some point to see if it's a thing lots of people want, and what sort of prefix they'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back