• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Smi-lit/Adv-Lit) Five Nights at Freddy's RP Search [Mystery, slice of life, found family]

Martyin

Obsessive Writer
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello and greetings.

Although this thread hasn't been bumped in years... As of July 2023, I am still very interested! It's been tough to find an ideal Fnaf partner, the ones I've found have either been claimed by life, or simply had different brilliant idea's than mine. Feel free to DM me, if you somehow found this and are interested.
Interest for this is at an all time high, please feel free to reach out so we can hash out idea's.
Please take note of the disclaimers! Those disclaimers aren't just for me; they're for you, too, particularly when it comes to ships...

General Info:
Semi-Lit/Lit preferred. Ranging between 3-6 paragraphs - not super strict on post length though, I just like detail.
I am 21+.
Romantic Ships Aren't Usually my Thing. Sorry, I'm just real bad at 'em, and sometimes I start feeling uncomfortable for literally no reason, so I'd rather not bog down the RP with this weakness.

I Respect That Real Life Always Comes First. There is no time-limit for replies! Whether we get through ten replies a day, or one a week, you can always take as much time as you need to respond to our OOC chatter and our RPs - I usually will respond at least once a day!
List Your Triggers. Even if you feel like you already told me about a trigger, feel free to remind me if it's relevant (hopefully it never is relevant though). If you think of a new one you forgot to mention before, lemme know. Am happy to avoid things for your comfort. <3

I really love themes involving found family, mysteries, and above all, characters. I want to hear you ramble on for ages about your characters and why they feel a certain way, and do the things they do. We can (and probably will) plot for hours about what we want to do and what we will put the characters through, but ultimately, it's the actions of the characters that drives the story, and those actions can change based on how the character is treated. That's how important they are to me; they basically drive the plot.
I enjoy conflicts that are driven between characters most of all. Sometimes its just cool when characters don't get along - or when they get along a little too well.

Pacing is another thing I value, not just in the RP itself, but in our moods in general. RP is a hobby - one that I take seriously, but it's still a hobby - and it's largely influenced by what we're in the mood for. Some days, we might not feel like writing out hardcore angst, other days we might be bored by fluff. So with that in mind, sometimes long bouts of angst might need to be followed by fluff - even if it's a flashback, AU, or a retelling of a previous scene that we want to expand on.

What I generally like in FNAF -

- Sentient Animatrations vs Possessed Animatronics. Lately, I've been interested in comparing and contrasting a sentient machine vs a human soul possessing a suit... As well as Animatronics Vs Humans sort of thing, kinda comparing differences and exploring how differences could wedge a rift between people.

- Slice o' Life. I LOVE action and plot, but I also LOVE the cool-down periods between 'em. Where the characters are just living their lives! Granted, their lives doesn't have to be calm and domestic; it can be chaotic, the challenges of living every single day at a restaurant and being expected to work perfectly all the time because they are animatronics.

- Found Family dynamic. I enjoy characters that are tied together through special bonds, and exploring drama's based around those bonds. In our creations, the bots are not just mindless killing machines driven solely by vengeance; they're flawed characters with special motivations and backstories.

- Flawed relationships - As much as I like fluff and healthy, positive family relationships, exploring the negative pitfalls of familial love is something I also enjoy. A loved one who wants to protect ends up becoming the source of stress and conflict in their lives... this is interesting when done right.

Scenarios

Just a few scenarios I have in mind.
We don't have to do 'em or follow them exactly, this is just a bed of idea's that I came up with to help us plot something in the beginning (totally unique plots are SO very welcome!!)
For reference; I do enjoy things like angst, horror, drama, suspense, mystery, with a touch of menace and I LOVE capping most things off with fluff and family things.

- Man Vs Machine +++!
One day, yet another innocent soul dies at a Freddy's location. But rather than moving on to whatever afterlife may exist, they find their soul is trapped within a machine - a discontinued knock-off brand of robots that had been thrown away and abandoned. They must navigate this new, terrible reality as a "living" animatornic - what makes things worse is that the other, much larger machines are alive, too. But it doesn't seem like they were ever human... (Human becomes an animatronic, meets the animatronic gang. Exploring the difference between a natural-born animatronic, and a human soul inhabiting an empty animatronic. How do they differ? Are they able to communicate? Help each other understand? Or is there too big a rift for a friendship to be formed, and instead they become enemies...?)

- A "helper bot" belonging to a young man are the best of friends. They are practically inseparable; for good reason, as the helper bot is meant to assist with special needs at any given moment. But while they barely manage to meander through their own lives, their "mother" (the robot's creator, and child's guardian) has opened yet another one of her new businesses. A cutthroat business woman, she's somehow managed to out-greed and out-corrupt Faz Ent, and bought a line of animatronics to use in her own store. The boy and bot are wary; their mother is ALWAYS up to something bad... And not only that; if the helper bot is able to become "alive" and more than just a machine.

- Come join our family!!
A nnew Night Guard has arrived to a brand new, revamped version of Freddy Fazbears! After the main animatronics were strangely dismantled by some break-in, they were rebuilt, and the building improved! Power troubles are a thing of the past! (Sorta... now it goes up to 300%! More than enough, right??) Two new Night Guards are hired together for maximum security! (strangers, or friends, or family, or whatever we prefer!) And instead of finding a haunted horror house of terror, they discover the Pizzeria is actually really... pleasant! Even the animatronics are still active at night - and seem as friendly as ever!
Maybe a little too friendly... And a little too... advanced. These things couldn't actually be alive... could they?!

- Crazy new world.
Character A and B are very close (friends, family, coworkers, blahblah) that get along extremely well. Character A took the job of a Night Guard at Freddy Fazbear's, and went missing after the fifth night. The staff at Freddy Fazbears claim that they never hired a Night Guard to begin with; and they're still desperately searching for someone to fill the position. Character B is distraught, and in an attempt to find character A again, takes on the job at Freddy's to investigate. However, the animatronics surprise everyone by speaking to him during his shift, advising that his friend had been waiting for him and they're eager to reunite the duo.
But first, he needs a suit.
Meant to explore being reborn as an animatronic alongside a friend. Great for world building, developing relationships, and family bonds/drama.

Characters

I'm fairly lax when it comes to which characters we play, actually. My priority is that you are playing the character you want to play, because I want you to be comfortable and exited to come up with all sorts of idea's for them - as well as hearing out my idea's for everyone as well.
So although I am extremely partial to the fnaf 1 bots, I can easily adapt and play with all sorts of characters, including all OC's. Just be sure that you have a lot to offer in your OC's!

Bold are the ones I prefer playing the most, but others mentioned are ones I can still take on.

Foxy / Withered Foxy
Bonnie / Withered Bonnie

Chica / Withered Chica
Freddy / Withered Freddy

Toy Bonnie
Toy Freddy
Toy Chica
Mangle
Balloon Boy

Spring Bonnie
Fredbear/Golden Freddy

The Marionette

The Nightmares

The Glamrocks

I will happily RP any of the human canons, including the Aftons. A disclaimer however; the children are all so headcanon-based that they are just OC's, and William Afton himself might be used more as a storytelling tool rather than an actual character, but that depends on what we want to do!

I am open to RPing a LOT more characters.

OC's are welcome!! We can use 'em; but we also DON'T have to use 'em at all. Up to you. I'm happy either way.

Below is an OC I commonly use in the Freddy's verse - both alive and dead, heh... But honestly, his info is more here for storage than anything else right now.

Dusty the Dust Bunny

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back