• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Floating islands and ancient worlds.

Imaginarium

The Wandering Mind
Roleplay Type(s)
So here's an interest check for two ideas for settings I've got right now. I'd like to find interested parties who want to make an RP out of one or both ideas.

First off, some preferences:
  • Be over 18
  • Don't take yourself too seriously.
  • Understand life
  • Be creative and contribute to the story
  • If you want to quit or put the posting on hold for whatever reason, let me know.

I got this idea for a place consisting of different islands floating in somewhat of a void. There's a star and clouds, but no solid land of water masses underneath. The physics of the place could also be pretty messed up. These islands are remnants of realms/kingdoms/universes/planes of existence which have ended. Their inhabitants are basically all that's left of their worlds, their cultures and so forth. It's possible to travel between islands by airship. There's a whole bunch of different species and civilizations present with different beliefs, customs and abilities/technologies. In my head, this story fits best into the Steelpunk genre. Perhaps some more modern civilizations and some magic based counterparts, etc. Some abandoned or ancient places.

One universe ends, another springs forth from the ashes. Creation and destruction are a cycle. The peoples populating the worlds, at one point, became aware of the cycle when it started to deteriorate. Now, every cycle leaves behind remnants of previous worlds. Nobody is exactly sure how many times this has happened or why. Expeditions are sent to these ancient places in order to uncover clues to what caused the perfect cycle of the universe to stutter and break. Since the chronicle of the worlds began, an estimated twelve cycles have been completed for which there is any evidence. In the thirteenth cycle, an expeditionary group investigates an ancient tale previously uncovered about a being tearing itself from space and time in order to become an immortal God.

Last edited:
Don’t think I understand life, but aside from that I’m interested!

For the first one: not sure what steelpunk is, though I’m getting an image of the 50s style “this is what the future will be like!”, all brushed chrome and atomic energy. Either that or something more dieselpunk. (I like generic -punk settings, so sue me).

As for the second, I’ll have to give it another read-through, ha. Both seem like a cutting-room-floor/glitch city/scrapbook where different bits of reality are squashed up against each other and the laws of the world can’t quite keep up. Which sounds grand to me.

This is mainly a reply to remind me to look at this topic when I get home (on my phone at work right now).

For the first one: not sure what steelpunk is, though I’m getting an image of the 50s style “this is what the future will be like!”, all brushed chrome and atomic energy. Either that or something more dieselpunk. (I like generic -punk settings, so sue me).

Steelpunk is the genre where you 'can' have modern technology, but the world is still run like a medieval/fantasy society. Kings, knights, swords, etc. A well-known example is the Final Fantasy series. Most games from FFVII onwards are Steelpunks, apart from the MMO's.

I really like the first one, it reminds me of an anime I watched where they lived on ships! So this seems really cool :D

Hey! I really like your first prompt. I'd be very interested in discussing the lore, swapping ideas and whatnot. Do you mind if I PM you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back