• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Flight of Dragons (Change to the Start Up)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Pernese Dragon Anatomy
Thermal Springs Viewer
Dragon Name Generator

Pernese dragons on Earth. I will be sticking to Canon rules as much as possible with regards to biology, ecology, and abilities as possible for survival on Earth. The biggest change will be in their diets as they are carnivorous and boron does not accumulate in Terran species. Instead they will supplement their diets by locating borate rich minerals.

Impressing rules will change only with regards to timing. In canon the dragons impress at hatching or they panic. These dragons will have more patience in their search. The rules for gender selection will NOT change. I am with the author on this note. I did consider adding in 10th Pass or even a later Pass mutation in color - but the jury is still out on that. There was a single White dragon Ruth, in the 9th Pass. If I do add any colors they will be in Lore.

Suitable humans to Impress upon must mature teens to young adults.

Names: Dragons will have NO NAMES until they are Impressed. Females will have names ending in TH. Dragons draw their names from the minds of the human they impress upon.

A typical clutch is 22 to 40 eggs. I am not going to be specific.

Fire Lizards - several clutches if the small fire lizards will be present. These are the cute little guys.

Plot

The RP will begin at the hatching … likely to be shortly followed by the raid on a farm by a bunch of starving hatchlings. I am open to suggestions as to where the mother laid the clutch. Consult the map in the second link. Warm to hot seems best. I am thinking somewhere in Montana.

The mother that laid the clutch will stick around until the eggs have hatched before going Between. She lost her rider. Only instinct to protect her clutch kept her from doing so before.

The arrival of the mother will bring two humans who live nearby. One senses her presence and will be the catalyst that keeps the clutch alive and brings candidates to Impress the dragons. The candidates will be age mostly 18-21. In the space of a month they will have to be interviewed. ALL CANDIDATES MUST be the confident sort. There is a canon reason for this. Dragon hatchlings are terrified and need reassurance. For that to happen the candidate must not be afraid. Second, they must have a relatively high empathy - even if they don't seem to or claim otherwise.

Characters
You will need to create and name both a Dragon and its Rider. (Read rules about gender carefully please.) The candidates will be selected from a few Blogs in the RP that were created or visited by the woman who sensed the dragon mother. She is a published author who owns a ranch in Montana and an island in the Florida Keys.

Colors - sorry, but I do not want people arguing over the Gold. So she will not be available. Otherwise, see the first link above. Try to keep the male-female ratio fairly even.

Names - Dragon names end in -th. There is a random name generator link at the top of this post.

Posting
Literate, decent spelling and grammar
3rd person, past tense
Modest length, quality over quantity.

Last edited:
I only have some bare bones knowledge about the Pern series, but do you think it would still be possible for me to join?

Absolutely. The link has pretty much all the knowledge you will need. I am not using the Pern worlds. The setting will be 21st century Earth. If you have an idea what the dragons were like from even a single scene or two that will probably be plenty - like a hatching scene.

Alrighty then! I am definitely interested.

I guess I need to get busy with a CS thread and maybe blank CS formats. Really, the dragons will be very simple. Main thing I need to do is create a list with color, player and dragon name as we go. Maybe I should go ahead and have people name their dragons. Not quite canon, but easier for people to keep them straight.

Well bonding created a telepathic link. the human learns the name from the dragon. But often the dragon gets its name from the mind of the human. One canon example was a woman who was known to be rather self absorbed. Her dragon named herself Prideth.

Made some major changes in the Description above. For those joining, you should create a dragon and human pair. The CS thread is up though.

LOL, I did NOT just name a Gold dragon ... Bluetooth. Okay, yes I did. But .. it ends with -th. The human loves the color blue ... and computers. Besides ... telepathy is practically like bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back