• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

sharlene79

Movies and TV series about lost flights and returnees
Lost
Departure
Manifest
Flight 7500
Flight 412
Flightplan
Into the Night

I could probably keep on listing. But you get the picture. This is a meme. This RP is going to be most similar to Manifest. The passenger jet will vanish and return years later inexplicably, miraculously.

Premise:
A passenger jet enroute from New Dehli to Chicago vanishes shortly after entering Iranian airspace. It reappears on radar 5 years later as it approaches US airspace. The flight is diverted to Long Island MacArthur Airport where they are disembarked and placed under quarantine. For the crew and passengers no time has passed.

Vanished July 10, 2021 Saturday
Returned Oct 13, 2026 Tuesday (landed 0138 am EST)

Characters
Pilot 4
Flight Attendants 8
Passengers 365
22 First Class
70 Business Class
273 Economy Class
Total: 377 souls

Note: It IS possible to fill a passenger slot with a pilot, or flight attendant. They could be travelling somewhere.

I strongly encourage creating and running more than one character as well as associated NPC’s. You could create family and friends who weren’t on the flight. You could create characters you will meet after the return.

Disallowed character types
Terrorist
Air Marshal

Blank CS

Edit: I should point out that Non American passengers are going to have problems. Think logically. After 5 years any Visa would be expired. That said, I won’t disallow such characters, just warn you to expect complications. Interrogation. Deportation.

Mystery and Plot
Flight 613 vanished shortly after leaving Afghanistan airspace and entering Iranian. Naturally the loss of the flight without so much as a mayday provoked an international response. The international community demanded an immediate investigation. Iran didn’t like the idea of having foreigners - especially Amricans - on its soil. That said, there was a search for wreckage that lasted a full year. There were conspiracy theories that Iran had forced the plane to land and was holding all passengers as hostages.

The mysterious return of Flight 613 has created even more confusion. What happened to the crew and passengers during the past 5 years? How did no time pass for them? So many unanswered questions.

There are always crackpots in the world who will read events like this as miracles or omens. Maybe someone will decide that all the Flight 341 passengers and crew are MEANT to be dead and will start a holy mission to correct ‘mistakes.’ Or maybe they will decide that they have been brainwashed as sleeper agents. Others may decide that they are possessed by demons that escaped from Hell.

Soon enough, strange things will start to happen as some of the crew will experience weird events. The medical tests that will be given upon their return will show anomalies. And there may be some behavioral anomalies. (For example, a few might understand Pashto, for no reason.)

Half page minimum per post. I would prefer a bit more, but quality over quantity.
Please allow a little time for others to post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back