• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

sharlene79

A DC-9-10 passenger jet with a crew of 2 carrying 63 passengers (capacity 90) vanished off radar on Oct 13, 1989 at 15:54:34. It reappeared on Oct 14, 2021 at 07:23:21. It was travelling from Atlanta Hartsfield to JFK. The passengers have no awareness of anything having gone wrong with the flight beyond some severe turbulence. For the crew the story is a little different. They lost radio contact while passing through a cloud. Their instruments went haywire. They believe they did, in fact, lose consciousness. They awoke to the sounds of JFK ATC trying to contact them. Fortunately the automatic pilot prevented a crash. But beyond this, they are as much in the dark as the passengers.

33 years have passed in the blink of an eye for the passengers and crew of Flight 341. They will soon have to deal with all the angst and drama of being dead. The RP will begin as soon as the flight has landed at an alternate airfield and the passengers have disembarked into a sanctuary hangar where they will begin with post flight medical checkups, interviews, and identification procedures. The Press is going to be kept in the dark for the most part, though not for lack of trying to get an exclusive. Eventually this group will be assigned case workers.

At least that is the plan. Think about it. The passengers will want answers - for all sorts of reasons. Family, business, and other concerns.

Characters
Blank CS

I am NOT obsessed with format. Feel free to create your own version. Mine just has all the sort of information that will be useful. For things like family and friends, if they were 60 years old back in 1989, odds are they would be dead. No point in going overboard for the CS. But a seven year old who missed mommy or daddy, they would be 40 now with families of their own. We could have some very weird situations.

Mystery and Plot
What happened to you during the past 33 years? How did no time pass for the passengers and crew? So many unanswered questions.

For the passengers the story will be about coming to grips with all the changes in the world since 1989. But there will be worse problems soon enough. There are always crackpots in the world who will read events like this as miracles or omens. Maybe someone will decide that all the Flight 341 passengers and crew are MEANT to be dead and will start a holy mission to correct ‘mistakes.’ Or maybe they will decide that the 341s are demons escaped from Hell.

Maybe they are? Soon enough, strange things will start to happen as some of the crew will experience weird events.

3rd person past tense
Half page minimum per post. I would prefer a bit more, but quality over quantity.
Please allow a little time for others to post.

Genres
While I do not have some sub genres noted, they could have a bearing here. Slice of Life? Sure. Romance? Sure. I have withheld some as I want them to be a bit of a surprise, not part of the character designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back