• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FLESHSCAPE - THE BRAIN

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alright, coming in from a bit of skimming so anyone correct me if I'm regurgitating anything already touched on.

Whether we seek to expand or settle it's clear we need hunters, gatherers, and scouters. Should we be devising groups of each and assign everyone a role to start making advancements in our understanding of our immediate surroundings ig and where the most beneficial, adventurous, and lethal paths to tread lie?

Yeah, that'd be smart. We already have a few roles designated, although I'm unsure if we specifically have those roles you stated just yet. I'm thinking of making a scout in addition to my Taskmaster.

All good stuff. I'm thinking I'll be making a Chef for my NPC. Yo druid, where should we post the NPC sheets?
NPC sheets are literally just a name and their profession. Plus a short description if you wish. So you can go ahead and post them here, I'll compile a list of all NPCs and post it in The Meat when they're all in.

And since I've no other medium to post this through, time to lay down some of the general ideas of the Ichoric faith, the worshipers of which are called Ichorites, and the specific group that operates within this tribe is referred to as the "Scions of Sanguine". This is the religion that Gurgle leads in the tribe.

The Ichoric Faith
Beliefs
The Ichoric Faith's central tenet is the belief in what is collectively referred to as "The Beast" but depending on region the common name may differ. What exactly The Beast is is debated and tribes have gone to war over disagreements before. Some consider it to be an actual creature that somehow controls the fleshscape whilst other's believe that The Beast is the fleshscape itself. In the case of the Scions of Sanguine, the belief is that The Beast is its own entity from which the Fleshscape spawned, and that The Beast is currently asleep somewhere. They believe that The Beast must be awakened, for if it is, then it will surely bring salvation to all of humanity and lead all the tribes to a united utopian future.

The fleshscape itself is considered holy as it bridges the gap between the lowly tribesmen and their God, and it should always be respected and gently treated. The cycle of life and death is general theme as well, and both births and deaths are considered equally good things. Death is acknowledged as tragic, but the belief is that death must occur so that life may prosper and blossom out of the carcasses of the fallen. Blood is considered quantified life force and as such is as sacred to Ichorites as Holy Water would be to Christians. By extension, the heart is the holiest organ.

The idea of fire is controversial or sometimes even heretical in The Ichoric Faith, due to how it can spread and cause great destruction of the vaunted Fleshscape if handled carelessly. It should only be used if it's absolutely necessary, and even then those who handle are usually equally hated and respected by their contemporaries. Some branches of the Ichoric faith see it as absolute sacrilege to handle fire and would rather die than utilize it, while some other consider fire handling to be a dangerous activity that only the few highest esteemed acolytes may even attempt. Adding to this, the few Ichorite cults who embrace that there may be an opposite to God calls this evil diety "The Flame".

Practices
The Ichoric Faith has a set ranking system within each of its cults, which goes in order of lowest to highest in hierarchy:
Novice - Given to those who've only just started learning of the intricacies of Ichorite faith. Seldom do much more than study and work alongside the clan.
Acolyte - Given to those who have finished their training, but is also sometimes given as a honorary title to people who have done outstanding feats or helped the tribe or the cult greatly. Unlike those with the honorary title who don't need to work with the church at all, regular Acolytes teach Novices and spend the rest of their time preparing for rituals.
Flesh Acolyte - Given to those who, in addition to having received the title of Acolyte, seem to have been favored in one way or another by the Fleshscape and The Beast.
Executioner - Given most often to Flesh Acolytes of great physical prowess, but also sometimes to regular Acolytes if there's none of the former. There can never be more than one sanctioned Ichoric executioner in a cult to highlight this rank's importance and the respect one should carry for those damned to take lives they may not want to.
Ascendant - Comparative to Priest. The rank of Ascendant is only given to Flesh Acolytes who've deeply studied the rituals and traditions of the faith, and also have the aptitude to carry them out. Only a fistful of cases have existed where a regular Acolytes have reached this rank, and most often it was a rank only awarded posthumously.
First Ascendant - Comparative to Bishop. Only given to the most favored and honorable Ascendant in a tribe, and never given to one who lacks the gift of the Moulder. If the tribe lacks one of moulding quality, the rank of First Ascendant will remain unoccupied.

Together, these different ranking members take care of the holy rituals and practices of the Ichorites.

Gift of Travel
One of the more common rituals. An Ichorite, usually an Executioner for their physical sturdiness or sometimes flesh acolytes or even acolytes, is chosen by the First Ascendant to house a tumorous growth of bone and flesh on their chest over the heart. When the time comes to break camp and move to a new location, the vessel or the First Ascendant ritualistically remove the tumor, and with the Moulder gift it is then turned into a fresh bone tree for the Fleshscape. Some cults have stopped this practice and instead use animal flesh for it, but some consider that to entirely bypass the point of it.

Vigil Wake
The most usual activity for any Ichorite whenever they've run out of other things to do. The Vigil Wake's purpose is to take care of the Flesh, all of it. During active Vigil Wake food is served to those who can not fend for themself due to age or ailment, whilst Acolytes and Novices sign hymns to please the Fleshscape. Sometimes during these events the First Ascendant may offer his Moulding to the public.

Rebirth
Rebirth is the collective term for both a funeral and the following celebration. First, often out of view, the heart is extracted from the body of the dead with only friends and close relatives around. Then, the tribe gathers as the body is dropped into the nearest deep hole to rot and return to the Fleshscape. Then the death is celebrated with a feast and a recounting of all their stories. The heart which was earlier extracted is cut into smaller and larger pieces and cooked. The larger pieces go to the tribe's First Ascendent and the dead's friends and family, while the smaller pieces are divided among the rest of the tribe, then a toast is made over it.

Execution
Sometimes the death of a tribesman is necessary for the rest of the tribe to prosper, or sometimes an enemy of the tribe is still deeply respected in the tribe despite the need for violence. That's when the vaunted Executioner steps in to provide a ritualistic Execution. Executions are only held when the one who needs to die is respectable and liked, which is why the position of Executioner is both feared and respected. When the opposite is true then they're just murdered in cold blood.

Tribe Birth
The celebration of birth is often simple. The child is given a name, baptized in a mixture of their family's blood and either an Acolyte or Ascendant of their chosing, but most often a Flesh Acolyte or The First Ascendant. Sometimes if the child has parents of high honors then the Ichorites may make a amulet from their umbilical cord to be given to the child during their Tribe Birth ritual.

Oh boi I've got to add to this but this took long enough I'll do more some other time.​

After a long and colorful talk with Kloud I came to realize something, everyone.

Last iteration I pitched the idea of a religious leader with everyone and we all agreed and then went ahead with it. This iteration I just went and pulled that character and threw him in this one with no afterthought, while just kind of declaring that y'all are following my religion. That's bunnying, my bad, I kind of entirely missed that and I apologize. Completely understand if that has irked you.

How about we actually discuss this religion thing and reach a conclusion about how we should handle it? I'd love to get another chance at playing Gurgle, but it was never my intention to bunny any of you.

I'm good with it, I just had no idea there was already a set religion that I may be opposed to. I like the idea though. Gonna have my own benevolent fire cult dedictated to giving light and warmth. I think trying to maintain a shaky truce with the flesh-worshippers is gonna be fun. I welcome most diplomacy and all desperate alliances. :P

NPC Character.
Name: Vrog.
Role: Chief Gatherer.
Personality: Helpful and wise. Knows all the good things to pick and gather. As well as what you can and cannot put in your mouth. Shares this knowledge freely, and at odd times.

Edit: I'll also be preparing my own food.

Last edited:
I'm good with it, I just had no idea there was already a set religion that I may be opposed to. I like the idea though. Gonna have my own benevolent fire cult dedictated to giving light and warmth. I think trying to maintain a shaky truce with the flesh-worshippers is gonna be fun. I welcome most diplomacy and all desperate alliances. :P

NPC Character.
Name: Vrog.
Role: Chief Gatherer.
Personality: Helpful and wise. Knows all the good things to pick and gather. As well as what you can and cannot put in your mouth. Shares this knowledge freely, and at odd times.

Edit: I'll also be preparing my own food.
That's what I like to hear. Good work, Rictus.

Also, I've been considering something.
With the steady influx of players we're getting, maybe it would be simpler to split the players in 2 tribes, with 4 tribe leaders each. The people on discord aren't opposed to it, and I wanted to hear everyone out.

Rictus Rictus GrieveWriter GrieveWriter LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Unbreakable Patches Unbreakable Patches

Well, that is actually a good idea, but it comes with a price.
On one hand splitting the action between two separate parties gives characters the ability to breathe and be themselves, helping group participation and such. However, this directly affects how much of the game you'll be running as it is effectively two campaigns being run, possibly at the same time.

So what it really comes down to is whether or not you'd like to. I'm not opposed to it in the slightest, and it seems fair that you get the final say.

The enemy should be the other tribe we split into. Player vs player conflict generates a lot of rp activity in my experience.

Well, that is actually a good idea, but it comes with a price.
On one hand splitting the action between two separate parties gives characters the ability to breathe and be themselves, helping group participation and such. However, this directly affects how much of the game you'll be running as it is effectively two campaigns being run, possibly at the same time.

So what it really comes down to is whether or not you'd like to. I'm not opposed to it in the slightest, and it seems fair that you get the final say.
It WILL be two campagins being run at the same time, but that's just double the fun for me. I will just be asking you boys, from time to time, to be patient with my posts, as it'll take me longer to write for two. So yeah, I'm all for it.

The enemy should be the other tribe we split into. Player vs player conflict generates a lot of rp activity in my experience.
While inter-player conflict is always good and fun, I won't force anyone into it. You guys can choose to do this, but only if you wish.

Npc:

The boy
Position: the boy
Description: A boy that the tribe picked up from the wilderness of Fleshscape quite a while ago, still young and still awaits to be influenced.

Last edited:
Hey dudes/dudettes, I think we need a vote from three more people. This is between whoever wants to Settle and whoever wants to Explore. This will determine which tribe you get cast into.

Adding to the vote between settlers and explorers, if anyone hasn't dropped by the discord chat that's where the bulk of discussion is happening and the best way to stay informed on the development of the RP until it gets started on here

Name: Geth
Role: Veteran
Description: An ancient looking man with a beard like a storm cloud. However, for his old age his physique is in tip-top shape, as he spends his days teaching the weaker links of the tribe how to fend for themselves, and other such skills that would be vital for survival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back