• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FLESHSCAPE - THE BRAIN

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
The original leaders, long ago, were forced from their homes by some unexplained force.
Generations later, their kin still roam the earth, fervently following in their lineage's footsteps.

In other words, we could be nomadic types, searching for new lands to call home. Though the ranks don't have to be related to the first nomads, it's almost a religion at this point.

Last incarnation of this RP I think our motive was something along the lines of finding out the secrets of the fleshscape rather than to simply find a place to stay, and honestly imma still vote for that cz thats dope

Because of the character Gogmagug turned into early on in his development, I think I'm gonna vote nomads with Patches. You know, the whole 'To make a place of light, warmth, and gentle comfort for his people'-thing Gog's got going on.

Last incarnation of this RP I think our motive was something along the lines of finding out the secrets of the fleshscape rather than to simply find a place to stay, and honestly imma still vote for that cz thats dope

Well it's best to move on sometimes and stop clinging to past ideas. I find that makes them quite stale after a while.

The original leaders, long ago, were forced from their homes by some unexplained force.
Generations later, their kin still roam the earth, fervently following in their lineage's footsteps.

In other words, we could be nomadic types, searching for new lands to call home. Though the ranks don't have to be related to the first nomads, it's almost a religion at this point.
Well written. If this does get chosen as the Tribe's motive, we can say that once you find a place to settle (IF that ever happens), you will be able to choose a new motive for the tribe.

Hahaha

Seriously though, I want to uncover the secrets. Why is the world slathered in flesh? Who sees through the eyes in the hills? Where's the former world? What controls this world? What do the dragons know? If we could kill one, we could find out :^)

I'mma vote for that over finding a cute lil' home by the sea and retiring, but it's up for the vote

Hahaha

Seriously though, I want to uncover the secrets. Why is the world slathered in flesh? Who sees through the eyes in the hills? Where's the former world? What controls this world? What do the dragons know? If we could kill one, we could find out :^)

I'mma vote for that over finding a cute lil' home by the sea and retiring, but it's up for the vote

A large and aggressive pack of rabid dogs would probably be enough to threaten the existence of our entire tribe right now. Much less a dragon. I vote for finding a safe place to at least poop before we go gallavanting into the darkest corners of the world.

A large and aggressive pack of rabid dogs would probably be enough to threaten the existence of our entire tribe right now. Much less a dragon. I vote for finding a safe place to at least poop before we go gallavanting into the darkest corners of the world.
Don't let your memes be dreams. Remember that you boys still need to pick a Resource, and will be the thing that makes your tribe different from all others. It can be anything. Even the secret to killing the ageless godly entities known as Dragons, if you were so inclined.

Don't let your memes be dreams. Remember that you boys still need to pick a Resource, and will be the thing that makes your tribe different from all others. It can be anything. Even the secret to killing the ageless godly entities known as Dragons, if you were so inclined.
Bruuuuuh

Psshhh, naaaaaaahhhhhh, you're neurotic

Alright I've got a rough idea for a tribe, combat centralized so we don't get rekt by dogs.
A NAME
idk the Boomers or something
A MOTIVE
lmao weeb shit The tribe is nomadic in nature, the thought of a new home drives them all forwards.
AN ENEMY
The Fleshscape is singed and torn apart by the tribe. An act it does not find pleasant in the slightest.
A RESOURCE
A unique and simple compound used in cooking and cleaning. However, when mixed with certain chemicals found in bone marrow, it becomes extremely volatile and even explosive in the right quantities.

This is literally the first draft so nothing is set in stone. Anything you find particularly good or bad here?

Alright I've got a rough idea for a tribe, combat centralized so we don't get rekt by dogs.
A NAME
idk the Boomers or something
A MOTIVE
lmao weeb shit The tribe is nomadic in nature, the thought of a new home drives them all forwards.
AN ENEMY
The Fleshscape is singed and torn apart by the tribe. An act it does not find pleasant in the slightest.
A RESOURCE
A unique and simple compound used in cooking and cleaning. However, when mixed with certain chemicals found in bone marrow, it becomes extremely volatile and even explosive in the right quantities.

This is literally the first draft so nothing is set in stone. Anything you find particularly good or bad here?
Hm. Perhaps I should expand on the religion I'm crafting here. Gurgle leads an order that has been in the tribe for as long as history remembers (I've discussed this with druid already, by the by) and given how primitive the tribe is, probably most people have a faith in it to some extent ('specially when there's illness immune, flesh-manipulating, unnatural and mystic characters like Gurgle, whose existence proves the paranatural to some extent). The main idea of the religious is respect for the flesh and the land, so I don't think that enemy is... a great idea... Fuckin' heretics...

But! This makes the fire dude interesting, because his entire ideology and job and point rivals the entire idea of the established church. Fire is bad and only accepted because sometimes it's a necessity. Fire destroys, flesh gives life, they're opposites. Some tribals might on the other hand value the comfort of warmth over the faith in the flesh, so that makes a cool divide. I digress, though.

again, just the first draft. This is the first time you've brought this up.
You're right, we just talked so much about it last time around so it felt like everyone already agreed at this point 😅. I'm also going to apologize, because I just rolled in here being offensive and all and that might understandably have given y'all the wrong vibe of how I'm trying to say things. Please don't think I'm actually attacking you, I'm just fucking around 😅

I realize this divide may come from the fact that Prizzy knows a bit more about the setting in general than others (that extends to Kloud and Osthavula, as both have also participated in Fleshscape's last iteration). So I request from you, especially Patches and Rictus, to ask anything you'd like to know about the Fleshscape. Common resources, known beasts, I'll answer all your curiosities.

Well, seems evil comes in many shapes. I was going for a good guy here, but I suppose altering my character some is in order upon just now finding out that our tribes entire religion hates fire. :/

Well, seems evil comes in many shapes. I was going for a good guy here, but I suppose altering my character some is in order upon just now finding out that our tribes entire religion hates fire. :/
You could have your own cult of fire-lovers. Conflict is a bunch of fun, especially when sincere and player-driven.

You could have your own cult of fire-lovers. Conflict is a bunch of fun, especially when sincere and player-driven.
True... AND oh my god, that's tempting. But internal conflict is also usually very bad for most primitive societies. Especially a small tribe of forty or so members like this hypothetical one.

But just like in colonies of apes, it usually ends with the weaker groups killed off, eaten, or banished very quickly and early on. I want the group to survive, not squabble, lol.

To be honest I would prefer a survival move than a settling move, since I always prefer discovering than building. Adds a lot more tension and unpredictability too.
We can all have our factions and people agreeing and disagreeing with each other without it being aligned with the tribe's goal. It can be set, for example, from tradition or an aged agreement or truce etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back