• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FLESHSCAPE - THE BRAIN

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

ThaDruid

Killer Clown
Talk and converse between one another. Plan the tribe's next moves, share ideas for characters! In The Brain, everything is permitted, as long as it is Out of Character.

So what's the deal with injury and shock? You didn't really specify on the character sheets.
I realize now it may be a bit confusing. Injury and Shock are two types of damage your characters may sustain during their travels. Injury represents physical damage, while Shock represents mental damage. Both of these stats can be lowered by resting and tending to your wounds. Reaching a score of 10 Injury will mean the death of your character, while reaching a score of 10 Shock will mean that they lose all reason and go insane. When one of your characters die, you may choose another member of the tribe to play as.
Also, in case you were wonering, this is what the main character stats mean:
Muscle is raw physical strength and general healthiness.
Brain is intelligence, but also dexterity and reflexes
Guts is pure willpower and charisma.

So, I have some questions about how we use our brain points and on asking questions to gain knowledge. I noticed our Taskmaster is also pretty brainy. So between the both of us I hope we can figure out a lotta stuff... Just how does one go about doing that?

Edit: Or is there a wicked learning curb and we're just going to have have to find out? :P

Last edited:
So, I have some questions about how we use our brain points and on asking questions to gain knowledge. I noticed our Taskmaster is also pretty brainy. So between the both of us I hope we can figure out a lotta stuff... Just how does one go about doing that?

Edit: Or is there a wicked learning curb and we're just going to have have to find out? :P
It's very simple, actually. I tried to keep the system light and narrative. Basically, whenever you find yourself thrust in a situation that you want to know more about, you can state at the end of your post that you're Seeking Knowledge, and how many Brain points you're willing to spend on it out of your total. You can ask a number of questions about the situation equal to the Brain points you've used. (Please note: Skill points are regenerated up to your total by resting during a scene).

Example: Gogmagug is fighting a monster. He wants to know if the monster has any evident weaknesses. At the end of his last post before the fight, he states that he is Seeking Knowledge and using 1 Brain Point to ask the following question: "Does the beast have any weak spots?". In my next post, I will answer: "The beast's resilient chitin protects most of its body, but leaves its soft, vulnerable underbelly exposed." Gogmagug now has 5/6 Brain Points for the remainder of the fight, unless he takes a turn to regenerate them. Whenever making use of the monster's weakness, Gogmagug will also have an advantage to damage dealt.

So do we have a specific time or is it first come first post?
We'll wait until everyone who wants to join posts their characters, then we'll move onto tribe creation. Once we've set it all up, I'll give a starting post and the RP can begin. It may sound like a lot, but It should only take a couple of days tops.

Yes, we must discuss everything and unlock the secrets of the DeepFlesh...

Let us brain-meats together, then. For the glory of our icky tribe of flesh savages!
I reckon we'd be a pretty decent combo in combat too. Your inquisitive trait will allow you to ask an extra question pertaining to defeating our enemy, and I can accurately exploit it with my combat-focused brains. Proper planning and excellent means will surely get us to the end!

I reckon we'd be a pretty decent combo in combat too. Your inquisitive trait will allow you to ask an extra question pertaining to defeating our enemy, and I can accurately exploit it with my combat-focused brains. Proper planning and excellent means will surely get us to the end!
Agreed. I plan on using my brain meats and guts to help inspire and direct tribe members in need.

So we're personalizing the tribe itself, too? This is going to be fun.
What kind of personalizations are you thinking?

Eh, not everything is a freaky flesh monster. I mean, we're humans, right? Our monstrousity is only on the inside.
Pretty sure dragons are a thing too.

Eh, not everything is a freaky flesh monster. I mean, we're humans, right? Our monstrousity is only on the inside.
Pretty sure dragons are a thing too.
True that. Keeping my fingers crossed for some types of canines, then. Or inversely, for a super freaky flesh hound wit big human teeth.

True that. Keeping my fingers crossed for some types of canines, then.
For lore points, my spear is made from the limb of a creature with extending bones. Like alien vs predator stuff haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back