• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Flesh and Blood: Evergreen Interest Check

CaineCase

Case by Case Basis
The tall concrete walls of Evergreen appeared even taller before the decimated skyscrapers of what was once the downtown area of a forgotten city. Curious brown eyes peered over the wall to the outside, watching the horizon before her gaze fell to the gate. The only entrance gate. The intake today was more than usual, besides the usual travelers and traders who weren't fond of staying in one place too long, there were an abundance of lost souls. People who look like they've seen too much horror. It was hard for the Administration to turn these people away. It was still somewhat of a blessing that the people in charge had compassion, but eventually they would be at full capacity. She heard someone step up beside her, the tall figure leaning against the wall.

"I'm in charge of the new blood coming in." She hummed with just a hint of a southern drawl.

The smaller figure stood up and stretched with a hint of a nod, before her eyes settled once again on the horizon and slow sunrise. It would be a beautiful sight, if the hints of the approaching mist underneath it didn't illicit a churning stomach. Her eyes fell again to the stream of newcomers and she was momentarily unresponsive. She nodded again, lifting her head up to peer up at the other.

"There's a lot, all of them staying?" The smaller figure signed lazily.

"Most, some are the usual merchants and drifters." She replied as she leaned over the edge to see. "The hordes and mists hit a compound to the north, the talk around the gate is that that's where all the bodies are coming from."

"Alright, let's go." The smaller figure nodded again before heading for the stairs.

----------------

Summary
Its the apocalypse, a disease has ravaged the world reanimating those infected into creatures that crave flesh. The rate of which it spread and its destructive capabilities rendered most of the world completely decimated in its wake. Fortunately, humans are still plenty hard to kill. Like a cockroach in nuclear fallout, we continue to thrive. We built huge concrete walls, reassessed our priorities and continued to survive. Its been 10 years since patient zero, you'd think most of the infected out there would starve, or rot away but then the mists rolled in. Something behind the veil keeps them going, but anybody that goes in never comes out.... Or at least that's what they say. That doesn't matter now, you're in Evergreen! The biggest, most secure compound this side of what was once North America! You've got nothing to worry about anymore.

Lore
Well, its the apocalypse. The world has been ravaged by a zombie like disease but humanity fights on. Let's settle the big things first, shall we?​

Compounds are huge settlements with high concrete walls built in cities that have been carpet bombed by former governments. Evergreen, our setting is one of these compounds. Compounds are mostly self sufficient, trading whatever they may need that can't make themselves. Many people live in compounds, its the only place to feasibly raise a family, form a community and try to return to the charms of a life that used to be before the apocalypse. Others say that they're death traps, those concrete walls can't hold forever and when they fall it'll be a bloodbath, best to just move. Most compounds are picky about who they let in, and especially who they keep. There isn't much room, and expansion is a slow possibly dangerous process. There are exceptions though. Are you a botanist? A doctor? A farmer? A seamstress? If you've got a special skill and that compound is in need of it, well you'll be fast tracked into getting a cozy little home.

Infected are the millions of bodies roaming the wastes of the world looking for movement, for food, for people. They're mostly dormant if nothing has come within their senses, but once something does its practically the end for you if you don't think cardio is a important. Infected seem to have boundless energy to run and climb after prey, and if you lock yourself somewhere the only reason they'd stop is if you're smart enough not to make noise. They aren't smart, but numbers, speed and stamina can be the death of a survivor that isn't careful. Either avoid, or kill silently and on sight.

Evergreen is the biggest compound in North America. If you want great chances of getting into a compound but don't have any special skills, Evergreen is your best bet. Evergreen is the biggest, most successful compound in North America, it was built early on and in a location with temperate climates. Evergreen has everything going for it, the perfect location, one of the biggest militias, and some of the most abundant farmland and gardens. Many believe Evergreen is paradise in the wastes. Don't let that fool you though, everyone's heard the rumors. With a large population, someone's bound to not be happy with their Administration, gangs, and crime have gone up no matter how much their Militia tries to quash the revolts. People have gone missing within the walls, and Evergreen's construction projects have killed quite a few people. Merchants and travelers call it a boiling pot, if the hordes and mists don't kill them then the people inside will dream of reasons to do it themselves. Don't worry though, just keep your head down!

---------------------

Hey everyone thank you for checking out my interest check. My name's Avery, or Caine. Either or works. This is my first run RP on here, so bear with me if I do make any mistakes.
I'd just like to lay down some ground rules:
- If you have a problem with someone, or me, let's talk. PM me, or the person you're having trouble with. We're here to have fun. I love drama in RP but let's keep it there!
- This is most likely going to be 18+ RP, because it will tackle some mature themes. We'll follow RPnation's rules obviously for that stuff. Let's handle sensitive topics maturely.
- I'm very quality over quantity, I'm looking for people who can at least write a paragraph or more.
Can't think of much more except that, if I'm missing anything Imma add that stuff to the eventual OOC thread.

I'm looking for around 4-6 people, one character per person.
Well, I'll add more if I feel like I need to or someone asks a good question I should clarify up here, thanks for reading though! I'll get a Character Sheet applications up when I get enough interest!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back