• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Flags of Our Foul-Ups- Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Diamond city sounds good because I've seen it in fallout 4. I could make him a former guard who volunteered to join the army and that's why he traveled all that way. Really though he wanted to get away from his birth place because it brings back bad memories thanks to childhood ptsd and his family still living there

Diamond city sounds good because I've seen it in fallout 4. I could make him a former guard who volunteered to join the army and that's why he traveled all that way. Really though he wanted to get away from his birth place because it brings back bad memories thanks to childhood ptsd and his family still living there
Due to the strangely attack-strong, communicate-poor tech level of Fallout, he wouldn't have been able to volunteer to join the NCR from all the way out on the east coast -- but he could have heard of it from someone well-travelled, or decided to travel far west with some group, possibly as a caravan guard, and ended up there. (I hesitate on that only because that would then give us two caravan guards.) I will say that he has to have become an NCR citizen first before becoming a member of their army.

Due to the strangely attack-strong, communicate-poor tech level of Fallout, he wouldn't have been able to volunteer to join the NCR from all the way out on the east coast -- but he could have heard of it from someone well-travelled, or decided to travel far west with some group, possibly as a caravan guard, and ended up there. (I hesitate on that only because that would then give us two caravan guards.) I will say that he has to have become an NCR citizen first before becoming a member of their army.
I can agree on joining a group and migrating on his own accord. Will becoming a citizen be part of the rp or can that be in my background?

I can agree on joining a group and migrating on his own accord. Will becoming a citizen be part of the rp or can that be in my background?
That'd be in your background. As bureaucratic as the NCR is, it would be agonizing to RP it out. (Picture the DMV and then multiply that by a factor of 'wartime postapoc society without the internet or even much landline phones'.) There are guaranteed to be jokes about The Citizenship Office at some point.

Orihara Orihara One more note as I'm going to bed soon: I advise that when your char crossed the country, they did so without going too far south before they hit the west coast states... because if they cross Colorado, Utah, New Mexico or especially Arizona going West, encountering Legion would have been damn near guaranteed, and without being traders, that's difficult to come away from.

Orihara Orihara One more note as I'm going to bed soon: I advise that when your char crossed the country, they did so without going too far south before they hit the west coast states... because if they cross Colorado, Utah, New Mexico or especially Arizona going West, encountering Legion would have been damn near guaranteed, and without being traders, that's difficult to come away from.
Flagstaff is worse with the Legion. Eugh.

However,

It is possible for a "Navy" to exist in the Fallout universe. The NCR has enough money and supplies to build/restore ships, however, They won't be able to maintain them due to:
  • Ammo hasn't been made in over 200 years.
  • Weapons have parts that can't be forged by hand.
  • Boats need some sort of power source, Like the Jetliners from F4, Where they were nuclear powered.
  • The NCR is more land-focused, and doesn't care about the sea.
One more note, It would also be interesting to see how the NCR reacts if they accidentally stumbled upon the Hawaiin islands. It'd be cool if they could build a large steel-framed battleship from the pre-war ships.

However,

It is possible for a "Navy" to exist in the Fallout universe. The NCR has enough money and supplies to build/restore ships, however, They won't be able to maintain them due to:
  • Ammo hasn't been made in over 200 years.
  • Weapons have parts that can't be forged by hand.
  • Boats need some sort of power source, Like the Jetliners from F4, Where they were nuclear powered.
  • The NCR is more land-focused, and doesn't care about the sea.
One more note, It would also be interesting to see how the NCR reacts if they accidentally stumbled upon the Hawaiin islands. It'd be cool if they could build a large steel-framed battleship from the pre-war ships.
For me the main thing that throws the existance of an NCR Navy into question (other than that one is never mentioned) is that there's no real use for it -- why protect a coastline when there's no one coming from sea? The only factions with sea access on that seaboard nowadays is... NCR. No need for a navy, when they're spread thin as hell anyway. Building and restoring ships would def. be possible (I think the Shi could do it but that plot line was cut) but there doesn't seem much point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back