• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fixers: Japan Edition

Characters
Here
Luna

Daisuke said Zuki could find what she liked doing, and that was a nice gesture and all, but Zuki didn’t have any interests. It made her think hard and honestly, it made her feel ashamed of the life she had lived. Protecting people was all she was good at, was there even a life for her outside of that? For now all she could do was put on a brave face and pretend like she wasn’t terrified of the future. “Well I’d offer to be Candy’s bouncer if Pepe and Esme ever ran off but it looks like you don’t even need me. You look pretty handy with that bat of yours. There goes that career path.” Zuki slipped behind the bar to get Daisuke and her a drink while Candy busied herself chasing off the random woman.

As Daisuke spoke she made her way to the barstool next to his, taking a quick sip of her whiskey before he reached to pull her towards him. “I know what a sleep over is. It’s like, something you put over rice. Like soy sauce or something. Then you go to sleep afterwards. Right?” That made sense in her head…kind of. “And besides, a normal social interaction doesn’t involve shooting zombies with fake guns, or shotgunning a beer. My reactions made perfect sense and were completely valid. I am plenty socialized.” Zuki shot him a small smirk before glancing over at Candy. “So do you need me to run to the store for anything for this sleep over? I’d volunteer Asa but he’s already in the dog house.”

Asa

When Akari stormed past Asa he was genuinely confused. Hadn’t he done what she told him to? He tried to, anyways. She wanted him to move on, he wanted to die. So he buried his sorrows and tried to find women that he could tolerate. Only, he couldn’t find any he could stand. Akari was it for him, she was witty, intelligent, beautiful, she was everything for him. “Why is everyone acting like this is my fucking fault?” Asa ran a frustrated hand through his hair with a small huff, waving away the bat as Candy poked at him. “She had broke up with me yet I’m getting scolded? You women make no sense.” Despite his bitching he rolled his eyes and stormed out after Akari, wracking his brain as he tried to think of what to say to her. Did he apologize for doing exactly what she wanted?

“If you think I had fun while you were gone you’re mistaken. Quite the contrary, I was fucking miserable. I was drunk if I wasn’t working, and I did as you instructed. I tried to move on. But…” they weren’t you. The words were hard to force out; those eight months were a complete nightmare for him. Asa had always been alone and he finally found his perfect match, only to have her leave him in the dust and cut all contact. It..it was Hell. “None of those women measured up to you, I was just lonely and was trying to fill the void. All I did was have a drink with them once, found out they were incredibly dull and boring, then moved on to the next. I swear. The only woman I’ve ever wanted left me, I was lost.”

Asa eyed her knuckles and he let out another heavy sigh. Rain started to pour down, thunder was rolling in from the distance, and here they were standing awkwardly. Without a word he shrugged off his jacket and held it around her head so the rain didn’t get her. “Can we go inside so I can tend to that hand? You can punch me if that’ll make you feel better, but I’m not a fan of getting drenched. What do you say?” Was he going to apologize? Absolutely not, he was far too stubborn. He did, however, look down at her with a small hopeful smile that they could just move on and go inside. “If we keep up this fight and ruin Candy’s slumber party we both may be sleeping outside.”

Crow

Seeing how excited Candy got to him staying the night made his heart swell. Thinking about how he would have never met her if it wasn’t for the Fixers, how he was so grateful to have actually went outside his comfort zone to know her. She was everything for him and he wanted to see her this happy all the time, it hurt him that he wouldn’t be able to stay longer, but… all good things would happen in time. Soon he’d be home with her and by her side for the rest of their lives. “Whoa there cowgirl! I haven’t seen that side of you yet, I just fell in love all over again.” The way she chased Carmen out with a baseball bat made Crow tear up from laughing so hard. Sweet little Candy, who knew? “Yeah Asa, make things right!” Quickly he shooed the tall doctor out of the bar after Akari before giving a small yawn and a long stretch.

As Candy grabbed his hands he furrowed his brows inquisitively. Sleepover? He was all for it, but here? In the bar? “Uh, Candy dear. You know there’s quite a few of us and, well I don’t know how to break this to you without breaking your heart, but this is a bar? Where would we all sleep?” In his ear he could hear Zuki chime in that a sleep over was something you put over rice and it caused Crow to give a heavy sigh. “Daisuke, you’re a pretty educated and well versed man. You’ve gotta fix her. I mean I know all these things from movies, but uh. Now that you’re gonna be free from the Suits you’ve got to expand your horizons girly.”

His body physically straightened up at the mention of Mario cart. “Hey hey hey now, just because I love you does NOT mean I’m going to go easy on you. Seriously, top mario cart champion over here. I’ll leave you eating my dust, baby.” Crow shot Candy a small smirk and a wink before hopping to his feet. “Let’s get everything set up so I can kick your ass Miss Candy.”

Sherlock

Why did he follow her...Akari wanted to die right there. It was embarrassing, she knew she was overreacting but she couldn't help it. On her way out of the bar she knew she said something shitty but right now she just needed a moment to gather her thoughts. Right now she was wounded and now embarrassed on top of it. She listened to him speak while facing the ground, unable to really look up. Akari knew that she must have hurt him when she left, she wasnt heartless and she wasnt stupid. But hearing it come from him? When he was standing no more than give feet from her and she was forced to face it? It made her want to die more than she did back then.

"I'm not mad at you Asa." Akari finally spoke up, her voice shaking a bit as she adjusted to cross her arms tightly across herself. "Im mad at myself for this. You just did what I told you to and it hurt to see it. I just never expected for it to come blasting into the bar like that, to face it. It made me upset okay?" She finally looked up at him, wiping her blonde locks from her face. Asa was being too kind, as normal, despite her initial thought of this man that stood in front of her. He closed the distance between the two of them and wrapped his coat around her causing her face to go red. The rain was coming down hard now and thankfully hiding the tear stained face that she had. "I'm mad because I walked away from the life we should have had. We could have been engaged by now, I should have been shopping for dresses and looking at wedding venues but instead I was in some dingy ass apartment doing DISGUSTING things for a man whos respect I never should have been chasing! How could I not be mad at myself? Look at you, how good you are to me still, despite everything I did."

"I don't want to punch you stupid, I want to punch me but that wouldn't be very effective." Akari signed and dropped her arms so that her hands could reach out and cradle his face between them. "I love you. More than anything in this world. I don't know if I can ever make up the fact that I walked away from you. But I promise you I never will again. Even if you push me, even if I get scared or upset. You are stuck with me Asa." She struggled to offer him a smile and turned to head towards the door after taking hold of his hand. "You're right, lets get out of the storm."

Candy

It wasn't often that the crazy side of Candy had to come out but she was thankful that it seemed the others we're enjoying it. Crow especially. His reaction made her face go bright red as he simply nearly cried laughing. Then when he questioned her idea of a sleepover at the bar she found her face transforming into a bit of a pout. Did he really think she didn't think this through? "I KNOW its a bar Crow. There is like 20 air mattresses in the back in the store room, easy." She shrugged like it was the most common thing in the world but when she noticed the look the others gave her after she offered that information she let out a sign. "I DO NOT like drunk drivers. So if people try to leave here drunk I make them sleep here."

The group moved on to focus on Zukis comments and Candy simply sighed. That poor girl was in for a whole lot of experiences once all this was over. Then Crow was reacting to Mario Cart and Candy let out a curt laugh, "I can count on ONE hand the amount of times you have beat me at any game. Bring it on babe."

Candy bounced away from the counter and towards the stairs to her apartment with Crow in tow and she stopped dead in her tracks the moment she opened the door. Last time the two of them were up there they were attacked. It freaked her out a bit. She reached back to take Crows hand and laced her fingers through his as they went up the stairs. It was different up there now from the last time Crow would have seen it, her room was the same but the rest of the apartment was now open. There were cameras and clocks on every single window. "Let's grab the Switch and some blankets and clothes for everyone. There are extra blankets in the living room, the chest by the window." She took her hand away from his to head into her room to start gathering things for everyone. Thankfully she had enough comfy clothes to clothe an entire fucking school, and most of it was oversized so everyone should be able to fit into something.

Shadow;Kage

"Good girl." Kage spoke under his breath as he watched Emi get out of the chair and kick Lee where the sun didn't shine. It caused him to go down but Kage knew it wouldn't for long. His brother was unhinged, it didn't take him long to begin shooting as Emi ran towards the hallway, yelling to him about finding something to help before she began to taunt Lee more. This time though, Kage didn't hesitate, he was done letting the fact that Lee was his brother get in the way of what needed to happen. Lee had hurt too many people, this wasn't about Emi and his mother, at least not entirely. Time and time again this guy proved that he was beyond redemption.

Kages own gun echoed Lee's and his brother turned to face him, obviously shocked that Kage was over his fear of facing him. "This ends here. What a fitting place for you to pick, its where I should have killed you fucking years ago!" Lighting flashed and Kage jumped towards Lee to knock the gun from his hand, resulting in the two men engaging in a fist fight that tumbled around the room. "Emi just find a way out okay? Call the others and let them know whats going on!" He yelled while in the fight but his temporary distraction ended up getting him a left hook to the side of the face.

The fight went on for a while, both of them trading blows and insults. Finally Kage found himself in a position to take Lee to the floor, throwing him down and quickly taking his boot clad foot and pressing it roughly against the mans chest to keep him pinned as he pulled his second gun from his boot. "Why couldn't you just give this all up? You didn't have to do all this... I would have even forgiven mom... but you just never fucking stopped." Kage spoke softly as he aimed the gun straight for his brothers heart. "Well? At least give me a fucking reason."

"This world is shit. We're not so different, you kill scum. I kill people so I can claw my way out of the hell hole we were born in. We were good people, yet out family lived like fucking rats in a sewer. Hidden, looked down upon. I was over it. Then the people who promised me a good life, kept making me do more and more to keep it. I like the way I live now. Lived... Until I was kicked out because of your fucking friend Crow." Lee spit out some blood and laughed. "You clearly know how much being in love can influence what you do. I mean look at you! Finally able to do this all because of her. Well, I know that too. I was finally ready to do better, until we lost the baby and SHE CAST ME ASIDE. All I fucking did was try and keep her safe after that! Show her how much I loved her! You get it dont you! I KNOW YOU GET IT. If Cho had just ACCEPTED me, I would have gotten better!"

Lee was getting hostile again, starting to fight against it and ramble. He was getting louder and louder and Kage knew he didn't have much fight left, he had to end this now. So he fired. Quickly everything got quiet and Kage quickly looked away, unable to see what he had done. Without waiting any longer Kage headed towards the hallway, "Emi?"

Daisuke Tanaka

Daisuke simply stared at Zuki with a stupid grin on his face, he didn’t poke fun at her or make fun of her recollection of what a normal social interaction entailed. He simply just smiled, “I love you woman.” Hearing her remember all this things made his heart swell, just a week ago they were in a much different situation and now they could move forward again.

Outside the storm seemed to start with a bang and Daisuke pulled out his phone to check the weather. “Yeah I don’t think that heading anywhere will be happening. Looks like some of the roads are closing because of the water.” He sighed and put his phone in his pocket. Candy and Crow headed upstairs to gather some supplies and Daisuke looked over to Zuki. “Hey I have an idea, let’s go dig up something for dinner in the kitchen. I’m sure Candy has enough to make something decent back there.”

Sunny

As the sound of gunfire echoed throughout the apartment Emi couldn't help but go even further into a state of panic. Thankfully a flash of lightning lit up the room and gave her the chance to find her phone. It wasn't anything to help defend them with, but just as that thought entered her mind Kage was yelling at her to get out and call the others. Despite her splitting headache and broken hand she held the phone close to her chest and gave a firm nod. Quickly she ran out into the hallway and waited for the prime opportunity. As soon as the brothers began their tumble Emi ran across the room, looking back at Kage as she reached the door. She hated not being able to help him, but she also knew this was something he had to handle without her. "O-Okay, I'll be right out here! Yell if you need me." With that said Emi pulled the phone out and ran outside the apartment into the hallway. As she tapped on the phone in the hallway she couldn't help but silently curse the storm, it seemed like something was making the signal weak.

Emi paced the hallway to try and find service, feeling sick to her stomach as she heard the yelling from the room. It was when the final gunshot rang when her face went pale and she thought the worst. Slowly she pocketed her phone and made her way back to the doorway to peek inside, holding her breath and hoping her fear didn't come true. Once Kage came into view Emi finally let out a sigh of relief and threw her arms around him, tightly hugging him to her with tears running down her cheeks. "I-I was so scared that I'd lose you... Are you okay?" Quickly she pulled away and looked him over for any wounds. There was no sign of Lee and the thought made her heart hurt for him. All she wanted was them to make up, she wanted him to have at least one family member. "Let's get you out of here, yeah?" Emi cupped his face with her good hand, a weak smile on her face. She wasn't going to ask what happened, she could connect the dots, and... after something like this, she was sure that he needed time.

--

A week had come and gone since the incident with Lee, and honestly Emi still felt depressed about the situation. If she hadn't have gone out to patrol he would have been alive, there may have been a chance to salvage a relationship between the brothers. She was sure that he deserved better than a troublemaker like her. Despite that, Emi had spent almost every night with Kage at the house both to comfort him and to help plan out the attack on her dad. Her hand was in an aircast and thankfully the wound on her head and face didn't require stitches, her dad was too busy with amping up security around the house to notice her absence. Her wedding was fast approaching and he had given her a little freedom until then. He had given her the new gate code, they had been watching the surveillance to know when the guards swapped twice a day. Today was the day. She had made sure to let Akari and Asa know to carry some narcan to counteract an overdose, having had a vision just a few days before. Asa didn't take him seriously but she hoped that Akari did.

Akari and Asa were supposed to make their move soon, only Asa had been missing all morning. He wasn't answering any phone calls, texts, his office hadn't heard from him. Everyone was worried and doing something to look for him...all but Emi. Again. She was always in the way, and always useless. "I, um, can go to the house and distract everyone to buy us more time." In Emi's vision Asa was drugged, she didn't know where or when but...she had an uneasy feeling she knew where.

Luna

It was an unfortunate situation that Zuki was in, but until the Suits were taken down she was still a member. Luckily for her though she was assigned to the security detail. There was a morning shift, afternoon shift, and lastly the night shift--the shift that Akari and Asa decided they would make their move on. When Zuki wasn't at work looking into openings for everyone she was at the Fixers house to both help plan and spend time with Daisuke. They had lost eight months together, but now that Esme's dad was MIA she was free to go on a vacation with Pepe so he was pretty much all hers when she wasn't at work.

Today was the day of the heist. Zuki went to work as normal, but for some reason she wasn't allowed inside the house today. Something came up some of the regular guards said, she was more useful patrolling the property just in case. She went through her shift like normal while keeping an ear out, and in the whispers she swore she heard doctor. Why would a doctor be needed? Once her shift was over she left with more questions than she wanted to. Her phone had a few messages from the Fixers, all of them asking if they had seen Asa. Asa, doctor. Missing doctor, day of the mission? That was too large of a coincidence. "The missing doctor I assume took the mission into his hands." Zuki let out a long sigh as she entered the Fixers abode, running a hand through her long hair.

"We could use a distraction to get Akari in. I wasn't allowed in the estate today, which is unusual. He'd be held there, if he's there that is. Some of the other guards were talking about a doctor though, so. Let's make some decisions quick, I don't know how long he's been there for but Hitoshi isn't a patient man."

Doc

They had the security swap off times down, they had the openings memorized, they even had a murder plan. Theoretically they had everything they needed to pull off the perfect heist. As the week progressed however, Asa could see Akari’s nerves eating her away. Killing someone as bad as Hitoshi didn’t phase Asa, he had no problem with it. He couldn’t let it haunt Akari like this though; if it was this bad before the murder how bad would it be afterwards? So he went along with planning it with her, he studied every bit of the map and schedules. Asa wasn’t a prodigy like Crow but dammit he was damn near a genius, he could pull this off by himself.

That morning while everyone slept he prepared himself. Tools, gun, narcan (that Akari and Emi insisted they brought), he even brought a ski mask to hide his face. Not that Hitoshi knew who he was, but he had always wore a mask whenever he committed a crime back in the day. It was almost…well, nostalgic. Not in a good way, either. He needed to get this done as soon as possible. His plan was to be back before anyone noticed he was missing. That morning he pretended to be off to work like usual; he kissed Akari before he left, said he’d be back later, and went about his way.

Everything had gone so well initially. The guards swapped like normal, he used a grappling hook and rope to climb over the gate in the one spot there weren’t cameras. He made it as far as Hiroshi’s office before he was met with a needle in his neck. Where had they gone wrong? When did Hitoshi get a personal guard? There wasn’t any time to ask questions before his tall body dropped to the floor.

Part of Asa was thankful Akari wasn’t there, part of him knew that if he had backup this wouldn’t have happened. It was better it happened to him though then both of them. Either way, the day wasn’t going well for him. Hitoshi questioned him relentlessly, after a few hours he found out Asa’s history. His parents affiliation with the Suits, the boy Akari’s mother let live. Asa disappeared and they were never able to find him, but now Hitoshi was living for this opportunity. A drug addicts child would die as they lived. Only, he didn’t know Asa’s full past and how heavy of an addict he used to be. No matter what they injected with all he could do was laugh and spiral. “Is that all you have? Seriously? Fuck you! Let me out of here, I could take each of you without the guns." Asa hadn't taken any drugs since the professor locked him away and forced him to go through his withdrawals. On drugs he was a completely different person. Erratic, psychotic, unpredictable, and dangerous. He was thankful Akari wasn't here to see him like this. If he was going to die, he'd much rather die with her not seeing this side of him. He had holes poked in him from all of the injections, a bloody nose and split lip, and plenty of other wounds from the security team taking turns interrogating him.

Crow

"The fucking IDIOT. We had a plan FOR A REASON. And he just thinks he can up and go against the plan? Like he's some fucking super hero or something? He would have NEVER gone against a plan before, I don't know when he got his head screwed on backwards but there will be HELL TO PAY." Crow was furiously typing and scrolling through cameras, having spent nearly the last two hours trying to find Asa. As soon as Zuki mentioned him going to Hitoshi ALONE though he felt fire light up his soul. He could be heard bitching in his office all the way to the people in the living room he was that livid. He quickly switched the cameras to the Sato estate and scrolled through each camera one by one, pausing when it came to Hitoshis office. There Asa was, tied up to a chair with needles being poked into him left and right. The thought made him sick to his stomach.

"If he had backup this would have never happened." Crow slammed the computer into rest mode before storming out into the living room, running a hand through his brown and teal hair in frustration. Now they were on a murder AND rescue mission. "Emi, you're good with a gun right? Can you and Akari go in and save him? Wait, can you shoot with one hand? I have no clue how this works...I can shut down the power to that half of the neighborhood, send them into a panic and buy you some time." Crow shot a look over to Shadow that told him he was just going to have to let it happen. They really had no choice at this point. "Candy and Shadow can be parked outside with a getaway car, I can stall and do as many distraction methods that I can from my computer. Asa looks like he's in real rough shape, we don't have much time here kids. Let's get a move on."

Sherlock

Akari was a nervous wreck the past few days while they waited to execute their plan. Asa must have noticed … that would be the only reason for what had happened this morning. When Akari came downstairs after sleeping in a bit she came down to finding everyone in a bit of a panic. Asa hadn’t come back from work yet, he wasn’t responding to texts or phone calls… Akari hadnt tried since she had gotten some extra sleep but now that she was awake and moving she instantly attempted to call him. Nothing. Akari sent a whole bunch of texts and tried calling again and again. Finally she tried the office number at his clinic and when no one answered that her and the others assumptions were basically proven as true.

“How stupid is he!” Akari cried as she threw her phone down a little too roughly on the counter top. Crow was on a rant and honestly Akari was too fucking stressed to process or respond to whatever he was saying. Zuki mentioned making a distraction so Akari could get into the house. Then Crow said something that made Akari tune in. Emi and her could go together… it would give Akari time to find Asa and help him while Emi was distracting their father. The man was evil to Emi but over the years he never hurt her… she would likely be safe. It didn’t help that Emi’s vision had her fearing the worst… Then Crow got loud again in his office and it caused Akari to move in that direction, her body freezing when she saw the image on the large computer screen just before Crow turned it to black.

They didn’t take long to get moving after that. Shadow drove with Candy in the passenger seat while the other two girls sat in the back. Akari couldn’t sit still the entire ride to the house and the moment they got close she had to hold herself back from jumping out of the car and making a run for it. Shadow finally placed it into park far enough from the house to remain unseen while Candy notified Crow that they were here. It was then that Akari looked over at Emi, she knew she must have looked terrified. “Emi I won’t be able to shoot him. I just know it. My nerves were already so bad about this and now… Asa.” Her breath caught in her throat as she choked back emotion so she could stay at least somewhat together. “I’m scared Em. I can’t lose him.” After a few moments the two women were getting out of the car and the power was going out on half the block just as Crow had said. Shadow went with them while Candy slid into the drivers seat. Shadow would handle any guards between the car and the gate so the girls could get in, then it was just them from there on out.

It wasn’t too hard to slip inside, they were able to keep things fairly quiet so no one had alerted any extra security. That meant Akari and Emi were able to sneak around the large home fairly simply, especially considering how much practice the two of them had sneaking around that house. As they neared Hitoshis office, they heard the yelling. The two girls peered around the door frame and into the open office, there was a large guard near the door but Hitoshi was across the room with his head tossed back in laughter as Asa sat in his chair yelling at the man. Akari had never seen him like this… angry sure but this was something different. Something scary, something that made her sad.

Akari stood up and glanced over at Emi with a nod before walking into the room and blasting her gun against the large guards head and watching him crumble. Then she quickly turned the shaking pistol in her hands towards Hitoshi as she slowly made her way to where Asa was tied up. “G-Get away f-from him.” She tried to speak confidently but it was clear she was terrified. She wanted to check on Asa and make sure he was okay, wanted to drag him out of here and go get help but she was scared to piss off Hitoshi anymore, who knew what kind of tricks this asshole had up his sleeve. "Listen just let me untie him and let him go. I'll stay. You can kill me or make me work for the Suits until the day I die okay? I don't care. Just let Asa go."

Hitoshi threw back his head and laughed before looking towards his bastard daughter with a scowl on his face. "Oh I get it now, you're weak just like your mother. You think you have any power to bargain with me? You tried to kill me once, ran off when I spared you and now your little drug addict boyfriend broke in to finish what you started? No. I think I'll kill you in front of him and then continue this fun little game he and I are playing."

This was when Akari should have been strong enough to shoot the fucker but instead she just yelled for Emi. That seemed to shock Hitoshi enough to give Akari time to reach out and yank the chair Asa was in over to the side for her to duck down behind a couch and quickly begin to untie the ropes that were digging into his skin.

Candy

Candy was worried. Asa was missing and it was the day of the mission, after knowing that man for so long it was fairly obvious what he had done. Then there was Emi's vision that she shared with the group. She wasn't sure how many others knew about Asa's past in full, Akari most likely, but Candy knew about the drug use from their younger days after his parents died. It was a dark time and Candy knew all to well that it was a slippery slope, any addiction was.

Crow had decided to check the security cameras over at Hitoshi's residence after some information from Zuki. Sure enough that was where they found Asa. Candy had jumped nearly out of her chair when Crow slammed down on his desk besides her, she had never seen him so upset but she understood. They were so close to ending all this and they had a plan in place, a fairly safe plan that wouldnt have resulted in any of their friends getting hurt again. Crow began to explain a plan and Candy simply nodded as she looked over at him with a sad smile, "Hey, we will get him out of there okay? Don't worry about it too much." She reached out and gently rubbed his back before continuing, "I mean it sounds like you have a good plan in place. And once we get there we can have Shadow even help the girls get inside. I can handle a car." She smirked a bit at the last part before leaning over to plant a quick kiss on his cheek before running off to get into better clothes for their rescue mission.

Shadow drove the way there but as soon as they parked down the street they swapped spots. Candy could hear Akari in the back and her heart nearly broke for the woman, she turned around and gave her the best hopeful smile she could. "Asa won't get away with this. We are going to bring him home and make sure he is safe and healthy. Then rip him a new one okay? We got this." The two girls headed for the house with Shadow in tow. He said he was going to keep by the front gate in case they needed any help or anyone else showed up so that left Candy to the car by herself. The power was now out on the block thanks to Crow and Candy simply sat in the car in silence for a few moments before clicking a button on the radio to tune into the walkie talkies and Crow. "They're almost inside, I've lost sight of them by now."

A few minutes past with Candy listening intently for any talk of anything going wrong and everything seemed to be okay for the most part. But then she saw headlights coming up towards her rearview window and she quickly turned the radio to silent and tried her best to duck down. That was why she didn't see the fact that the car was coming straight at theirs. It hit them square in the back of the car, causing Candy to lurch forward and hit her forehead on the steering wheel. "Ouch, what the hell..." She slowly sat up and rubbed at her head, finding a bit of blood but nothing too crazy. She quickly tried to find a gun in the glovebox but while she was digging she heard a voice outside the drivers side window. Candy jumped and turned to look, it was a woman. One who looked hurt and terrified as well... maybe this was just a simple car crash.

Candy rolled down the window slightly and the woman asked if she was okay in a panic. Then she began to ramble that she didn't see the car along the side of the road with all the lights out and that she was so sorry. It made her roll down the window completely and give the woman a small reassuring smile. "I'm okay, just a little banged up. How are you? Do we need to call an ambulance or anything?" She hoped no, it would likely make the mission harder but the woman simply nodded her head side to side. That was when Candy caught a glimpse of something that should have made her turn on the car and drive but she didn't, it all happened too fast.

"Not an ambulance no. But I think I'll give a quick call to your boyfriend's mom and let her know I won the bounty she put on your head." It was at that moment that Candy felt a hand wrap around her mouth from behind, someone had somehow snuck into the passenger side door and grabbed her while she was distracted by the woman at the window. She tried fighting them off but something smelled funny and then her body went weak and her world went dark.

Shadow;Kage

Kage still couldn't believe what had happened a week ago, it was insane to think it was all finally over for him. Obviously they still had the Suits to handle completely but Lee was his entire mission in life. It was surreal to know he wasn't out there anymore, lurking around in the shadows prepared to make everyone's lives as miserable as his was. For a long time he thought that maybe, just maybe, that his brother could be redeemed but after making it clear that he intended to kill Emi so that Kage would understand how miserable he was? It was clear the guy was just too far gone. There was one thing he said that made him realize that fact. His story about loosing a baby? It was scary how parallel him and his brothers lives were. But if Kage could go through all the same shit and end up on the other side of the fight, Lee could have as well. He just didn't.

Now he had to move forward, which is a problem he never thought he would have. Kage didn't expect to live this long honestly. But maybe that was Shadow who thought that... maybe Kage could start fresh. Live an honest life with the woman he loved and his new found family. Maybe once this was all over...

Emi shared a vision about Asa and ever since the night she was kidnapped, Kage never questioned her visions again. That was why when Asa went missing the morning of the mission it was too clear what had happened. The group came up with a plan and soon the four of them were off with Crow staying at the house alongside Zuki since Daisuke was still bedridden from his injuries.

Once they arrived at manor, Candy took over the driving duties and Kage led the way to the gate. He didn't like the idea of the two girls going alone inside but once they were in security was more lax, so if he could handle it out here and keep things quiet they should be okay. In his ear he could hear Crow letting them know when his was setting off or turning off various things around the property and surrounding neighborhood and it gave them the perfect opportunity to slip in. Kage took down all the guards as silently as he could, opting to sneak up behind them and knock them out versus using any firepower. Then it was time for the girls to get inside and Kage held Emi back for a short moment to look down at her. "Be safe okay? No trip wires. You use that thing when you need to." He glanced at the gun momentarily before leaning down to plant a soft kiss on her lips. "I love you. I'll be right out here keeping watch okay?"

Daisuke Tanaka

The past week had been hell for him. It was nice to know that he and Zuki were free to be a couple but now he had to deal with all the healing. Honestly that hurt more than the beating he took. In addition to the pain it was hard for him to be out of the action, it was driving him fucking insane to just lay in bed all day while the others were doing everything. That was why when Daisuke heard the commotion about Asa being missing from outside his open bedroom door, he fought through the pain to get out of bed and head downstairs with his phone and a pillow in hand.

It seemed a plan was already in place but there was something else that was bothering Daisuke and weighing on his mind, causing him to finally speak up from where he stood after the group left to save Asa. "If Asa went in alone Hitoshi has probably already alerted your mother Crow. I'm sure they were already on edge after our last little mission so she probably knows she's next." He grunted in pain as he sat down on the couch and propped himself up a but with a pillow. "You know her better than we do but she seems like a smart woman, she will probably lock herself down fast so we need to be ready to handle her before too much longer. Once Hitoshi is handled I doubt she will wait around to see what happens next."

Daisuke looked over to Zuki and patted the seat besides him, "And you should probably consider yourself unemployed as of tonight. Hitoshi was probably your last string attaching you to the Suits, it doesn't seem like Crow's mother is the hands on type and if you've never had to report to her directly she probably doesnt care enough to handle that sort of thing."

Sunny

No part of Emi was ready for this mission. As much as she wanted to save Asa, seeing her dad get murdered in front of her eyes was something she couldn't prepare herself for. Akari was her best friend though, and even more she was her sister, so no matter the heaviness of her heart she had to go and support her as bet as she could. However, on the way over Akari revealed that she wasn't going to be able to shoot him. Asa was in no position to be killing anyone, so that left it all on her shoulders. Despite being with a professional hitman she had never killed anyone, and the thought of her first kill being her own dad made her want to puke. Hitoshi was never the best dad; Emi was raised by the maids and nannies, he tried to marry her off multiple times despite her protests, he never supported her choices she made in life, he even knew about her whole miscarriage and did nothing. Still, she was having a hard time coming to terms with killing him. "Don't worry. We'll get him out and we'll never have to deal with this again." Her pale hand reached down to give her friends hand a reassuring squeeze. They both needed one right about now.

The car came to a park and Emi's stomach instantly churned. This was it. The three of them moved through the dark past the gate, up the path and Kage took down the guards for them. She froze as Akari slipped into the house, thankful that Kage held her back for a minute. His kiss was encouraging and, honestly, she just wanted to cry. "After this we're retiring and never doing this again, you hear me?" Quickly she threw her arms around him for a tight hug. "I love you." With that said Emi took off after Akari with her heart pounding in her ears.

The two girls were experts at sneaking through the dark house so it didn't take them long to find her dad's office. It looked like there was only one guard inside, but as soon as Akari gave her a nod she froze again. All she could do was watch her smash her gun against the guards head, and watch her terrified sister move through the office towards Asa. Emi couldn't even react when she offered to swap places with him. It was then that her dad spoke, and suddenly she could move again. Her body felt cold, relaxed? It was like she realized he was past the point of return, there was no coming back from wanting to kill your own child.

Akari yelled for her, and Emi's feet moved her quickly into the office. Hitoshi couldn't help but chuckle a sinister chuckle when he made eye contact with Emi and she couldn't help but swallow down the last bit of fear she had. "Akari he's going to need the narcan before we take him anywhere. Dad, you're going to leave and you're going to go away. Far away. So far I never want to see you again." He gave a laugh before pulling out a gun and pointing it at Akari. "Now at least one of you some guts! You were always a sensitive girl, thank that hitman for me. I've never been more proud! Someone truly deserving to be the heir to the family. Let's see if you can kill me before I kill your precious sister over here." And, just like that, the sound of two gunshots rang throughout the house.

Emi's bullet landed first right between his eyes, her dads bullet landing in the ceiling as he fell to the ground. There were no tears, no words of remorse. What could she say? Hopefully her mom wasn't cursing her from the grave. "Here, he'll need the narcan before we move him." As she made her way over to the pair Emi pulled out the narcan in her pocket stabbing it into his leg with a small smile. "Did that hurt? Good, you've caused enough trouble today. Let's go home." She helped Asa up before leaving him to Akari, leading the way to the exit to make sure there were no other guards. Luckily they were able to make it out safely, and as soon as she seen Kage she gave him a weak smile. "It's done, let's go."

Luna

The fact that Zuki wasn't able to join in this mission was killing her. Not only were these missions what she had been doing professionally for YEARS but now she had to sit back, play nurse and listen to Crow furiously typing in his office. The nurse part wouldn't have been so bad if her patient was compliant. "Bed rest means to rest in the bed, I thought with all the fancy education you have you would know that much." Zuki crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot, though it didn't take more than a minute before her tough front fell. Slowly she moved through the living room to grab a throw blanket before moving back over to Daisuke and draping it over her gently. "I've never been unemployed, I've always had a purpose and a job to do. This just feels weird. Professional assassin isn't a job I find in the paper, either."

As she spoke she sat down on the spot next to him and gently leaned against him. "If you hurry up and heal, we could go somewhere out of the city just us. Take a honeymoon, or something. Come up with a game plan, I don't know. Where should we go? Do they let guns or knives on planes? Maybe we shouldn't fly." With a heavy sigh she turned her face so that she could look up at him. "Akari and I were joking that if she ever went back to her normal life that we should be partner cops, or something like that. Like private investigator. I'd definitely get to be the bad cop." The thought made her smirk, the two of them against Daisuke in a court case would be comical.

"Anyways. Do you need ice? Need anything to eat or drink? Until I'm an investigator you'll have to deal with me being your nurse, whether you like it or not."

Doc

Despite the terribly obnoxious tolerance Asa had to drugs and a beating, he wasn't completely immune. After being injected with drugs literally all day he felt himself growing weak. That didn't mean he'd be quiet though, he was going to make sure that his last words would be spent to curse Hitoshi. When the Akari barged in he couldn't help but think that he it was some drug induced vision. "Okay, whatever you shot me up with really has me tweaking out you fucker. This isn't even a fun trip anymore, this is just sad." If Akari was really there, really facing this man with her hands trembling like a newborn babe, he would have cried. This was what he wanted to avoid! Asa had just wanted to get it all done and over with so she didn't have to come here.

"You're a real big piece of shit you know that?! You have two amazing kids, and the one you've denied and kept hidden away all these years deserves so much better than the shitty hand she was dealt! Seriously, you don't even deserve to be called a dad." Asa spit at the mans shoes, his bloodshot eyes darting back to Akari as she busied herself with the tight rope biting into his skin. "Wait, Akari, you're really here?" There had been so many drugs pumped into him he wasn't able to keep up his tough front anymore. Tears started to run down his cheeks as he shook his head. "Don't you dare ever offer to swap places with me, crazy woman. I did this to myself, I just didn't want to bring you. You were so nervous and scared all week I just wanted to spare you this--and I made it ten times worse. I-I am SO sorry Akari!"

As he sniffled and sobbed to Akari he glanced over at Hitoshi and Emi. It was a father daughter stand off, Hitoshi's gun aimed at Akari's head. It all happened so fast he couldn't react. Soon both of them fired, and while Emi's bullet met its target Hitoshi's missed by a far shot. Not too long after his wrists were free, and before he could hug Akari he felt the narcan being stabbed into hi leg. "Bitch!" Asa groaned and pulled the needle from his leg after the injection was done. "OH. This was why the narcan! I'm starting to believe these visions of yours there, Em!" Unfortunately, the good doctor was still under the effects of the drugs. The narcan would hit in a few minutes, but right now it would be nothing but honest Asa.

"C'mon, don't look, lets get out of here." Asa stood between Akari and Hitoshi's limp body, his arm wrapping around her as they slowly walked out. They made their way through the house until they were free and meeting Shadow there, and soon the four of them moved to the car. "Aww, shit. Did you get into an accident? S-Someone call Crow! Tell him Candy's gonna need to fix this up...anyways, nose goes, I'm not driving. Akari and I are napping in the back seat." Asa held open the door and waited for Akari to crawl inside the fucked up car.

Crow

As much as Crow hated to admit it, Daisuke was right. His mom was a genius, he was sure she had connected the dots by now. His mom was the type to go into hiding like she had done all of his life, they would have to act quickly after this to take her out. They would tackle her after Hitoshi, but for now he had to pour his energy into this. So as much as he hated Candy going there with the others he knew it was the best plan. His fingers were flying across the computer at light speed while he had his computer also diverting power. They would kill Hitoshi here, get Asa back, and they were all going to take turns beating the fucker in the face. All Crow could do was try to take some deep breaths and remember Candy rubbing his back, and the kiss to his cheek. He wished he could have reacted when she did all that, but instead he went back to make sure they hadn't killed Asa. He did not want to lose a member of the team, he knew how close him and Candy were. She had lost enough people in her life, she was not losing anymore.

Up until the power outage he made sure to keep an eye on everyone, keeping one of his monitors focused on Candy's car to keep an eye on her. He was sure no one would pay attention to her car in the dark, so he was confident that she'd be fine as he shut down that half of the city. "Roger that, keep me up to date." Crow took a drink of his coffee as he sat back and watched as the power company struggled to restore power. It wasn't going to happen, not until Crow gave them back control. He let out a small sigh as he sent a quick text to Candy. Thanks for being my rock. I love you.

As he waited he felt himself impatient. Candy hadn't said anything in a while, she hadn't even responded to his text. Maybe she was busy keeping watch? Something told him it wasn't that, but he was hopeful that it was just him being paranoid. However after a few more minutes he tried her. "Candy?" Nothing. He tried a few more times on the radio. Next he tried her phone, nothing. The mission should have been done by now, the others should have been to the car. "HELLO? Is anyone in the car? Why isn't Candy answering? What's going on?" Crow was officially in a panic. Did his mom make a move to get Candy? No, no. There was no way she could have known about her! He covered his tracks perfectly...how would she find out about her?

Sherlock

Listening to Asa defend her and yell at her absent father both warmed and broke her heart. The fact that she ever walked away from that man to appease the father who didn’t even want her? Clearly she was insane. That was the only reason. “Yes I am really here.” Akari sighed as she worked at the rope and looked up at him from where they ducked to safety. “You think I wouldn’t come for you? Asa if I lose you I lose everything. I- I wouldn’t survive.” She gulped as she answered and finished untying him as he began to cry. Akari reached up and placed her hands on his cheeks, gently wiping away his tears and giving him the best smile she could despite the situation. “Thank you for protecting me. But Asa we both have to stop this running away from each other, we’re a team. I know I haven’t always been the best at that but… I’m realizing it more. It’s us okay? No matter how scared or worried I am I always want to be at your side. Always.”

The noise that resounded when Emi and Hitoshi both shot was deafening. Both guns let out a bang but the sickening squish that followed is what nearly made her pass out. At first she wasn’t sure who it came from but thankfully before too long she was met with a familiar voice nearby as Emi came over to help with Asa. “Emi are you okay?” Akari looked over at her sister as she stabbed Asa in the leg with the syringe and let out a small wince. “Right. Let’s go.”

Akari wrapped an arm around Asas waist as his wrapped around her shoulder. He would get a lot of shit from her once they were out of here safely and he recovered a bit more. He blocked her view from Hitoshi and she was thankful for that, she wasn’t sure she could handle the sight. The two of them followed Emi out of the house and out to the car. At first when Asa started in about the car accident she thought it was just because of… everything he had gone through. But after squinting in the dark she noticed the back of the car was indeed all banged up.

Asa opened the door and announced that they would be napping in the back and that’s when she heard Crows voice. Something happened. Where was Candy? “Crow?” Akari climbed in and looked around the front seats. Something happened… there was clear sign of struggle. “Crow I think someone took her. Everyone get in the car and let’s get home.”

The others quickly made their way back to Crows house and inside. They had spent a few moments looking around the car but found no clues at all. Back at the house they all were sitting around while trying to get Crow to calm down and think, well the others were doing that. Akari was dealing with Asa.

The two of them were on the couch and Akari sat with the first aid kit on her lap as she took the time to clean up and bandage each of the small wounds from the many injections that Asa had been forced through. “I don’t trust that they were very cleanly with their torture so this should keep anything from getting infected.” She wanted to cry. She wanted to scream. She was so disgusted that anyone would do this to another person, she was so upset that Asa had to go through this again after how hard he fought to get away from it. She was so upset that everyone had to see this happen, she knew they would be loving and understanding but she also knew that when Asa wasn’t in his current state he would be mortified to learn what the others had witnessed from him. That and on top of it all Candy was missing.

Daisuke Tanaka

The idea of Zuki being any form of law enforcement made him kind of chuckle although the more he thought about it, her and Akari opening a private eye business actually seemed like the perfect fit for the both of them after the shit they had gone through. “A couch can be a bed if you try hard enough so I think it counts.” He smirked as she settled in next to him and wrapped an arm around her shoulder with a small grunt of pain. “Besides I’m healing, just still sore is all.”

Zuki continued on about leaving the city and such and he simply smiled at her. “Technically I think we ONLY honeymooned. But I agree, I would love that. And no, they don’t and you won’t need them either.”

The two of them remained resting on the couch and talking about better days until Crow began to panic about Candy. Shortly the others returned to the car and let them know what was going on and that they would be heading home soon. Daisuke knew it had something to do with Crows mom, it had to right? Otherwise the timing was too coincidental.

They waited for the others to return and while they did Daisuke called in some favors to a few officers he knew personally. They put out a missing persons report for Candy and sent the information along to the news. The Suits liked to do things quietly and Daisuke thought that putting out a news blast about the missing girl would make them panic a bit… but he also hoped it would make them think they weren’t on their trail. The details he passed along were that it appeared she had been in a car accident and walked off, possibly confused and the tvs were reporting that they were looking for her at hospitals and police stations.

“Crow we will find her okay? But we need you clear minded.”

Shadow;Kage

Kage didn’t have time to respond to Emi before she ran off, he simply watched her and Akari disappear into the building before finding a hiding spot to watch both the front door and the gate while they were inside. After this he was done. Kage was retiring from this life and leaving it all behind, he didn’t want to be this person anymore, he didn’t want to live a lifestyle that included people that made the girl of his dreams have to go kill her own father. The man deserved it yeah and it was of his own fault but it was a terrible world to live in. They were going to get out of it, Kage would make sure of it. Once the Suits fell, they were done.

It was insanely hard for him to not go running in when he heard the two gunshots. His nerves were making him lose his mind in the few minutes between the loud sound and the sight of Emi walking through the front door. He ran over to her without waiting and threw his arms around her at the sight of her weak smile. He knew it wasn’t easy. He knew it hurt. But he also knew it had to be relief, a part of her had to feel free now and eventually… though it was hard, she would come to terms with what happened. “Let’s get you guys home.”

The group walked back to the car and quickly they could tell something was wrong. Kage ordered the rest of them to get in and start the car while he walked around to search for any sign of Candy. Though the only thing he found were tire marks heading away from where they were currently parked. Apparently they didn’t get a bit of rest before heading off to the next mission.

They made their way to the house and we’re met with a Crow who was in a state Kage had never seen him in before. If it wasn’t for the subject matter this was a time they would all normally make fun of the man but… Kage knew how he felt. It was the same way he felt when Emi was taken by his brother. “Listen it’s most likely your mom has her right? I say we load up your car and go meet this bitch. I’m over this. She can’t take down all of us right?”

Sunny

Despite playing it off as fine every nerve in Emi's body felt numb. This was the house she was raised in with her best friend, and now she was leaving having killed the man that raised her. It wasn't until she walked out of the house and was pulled into Kage's arms did the numbness began to subsize. She wanted to cry but it wasn't the time, they had to go before anyone came to inspect the gunshots. Only, when they got back to the car they found it not only wrecked but a missing Candy.

They got back to the house and Crow was losing his mind over the missing Candy. While he was planning their next move all Emi could do was sit next to Kage on the couch. Crow knew the house, he knew his mother, he knew everything, and they had no choice but go with his plan. Everyone looked exhausted from the day, but they needed to rescue Candy at all costs. Emi would do whatever to help Candy, but at this point she was scared that something would happen to one of them. Especially if they were taking the bold risk of just driving right over!

"I think that's the best option, we don't know much about your mom other than that she's the ringleader to all of this. The sooner we get Candy the better. We'll go get some supplies, Crow you want to get everyone together? Take a couple deep breaths, we can all meet downstairs when we're ready." Emi gave Kage's hand a small squeeze before she got up and walked off to his room, off in search for a good weapon for Crow. "I think once we get Candy back you should tell everyone your name. If today has taught me anything it's that life short." Emi gave him a sweet smile, trying to encourage him to do this. She knew it was hard for him to be open with people. "You were honest with me, and everyone in this group loves you. They'd like to know the real you."

Luna

"I'll go and give you some cover, Crow." Zuki flashed a small smile towards Daisuke, hoping he wouldn't be too mad at her for volunteering to dive straight into more bullshit. "We'll rescue Candy, just take deep breath." With that said Zuki stood to her feet, her hand gently patting Daisuke on the top of his head. "Don't be mad at me, okay? I've got to make sure Crow doesn't get both him and Candy killed." She left it at that and went to her room to stock up on some weapons. A tranq gun with darts, a silenced pistol, a hook and rope for climbing, and a black beanie to put over her dark hair.

By the time she got back she didn't realize everyone was going. Asa should be home resting and Daisuke? Same! But Crow wanted them all together and Daisuke wasn't taking no for an answer. "This is fucking bullshit. You're on bed rest, why are you even here? The couch is bad enough, this is definitely not the bed." Ah, Zuki. Always the most loving and endearing wife. "Now all I'm going to do is worry about you." She gave a long sigh and shook her head. There was nothing that she could do about it though now; they were already pulling up to the house. The house was yet another large and rich looking home, only unlike Crow's the gate seemed relatively easy to get over. Crow directed them to park in the area of the cameras blind spots to give them the cover of the night.

"We ready Crow? Be good kids, we'll be back. We'll tell you if anything goes wrong." With a small sigh Zuki climbed out of the van and tossed the hook up to connect with the gate. "You first boss man."

Crow

This was absolutely Crow's worst nightmare. His mother was a fucking psycho! Not only was she responsible for the fire that killed his father, laughed at the bad things that were happening to Emi and Akari, orchestrated the fucking entire Suits, but she had Candy's parents killed! Now what was her goal? To hurt Candy to hurt him? That was just the thing she did. Thankfully Asa was recovering, and everyone else was on board with rescuing Candy. This was it, there final move. He didn't expect to do it so soon, but he also didn't see his mom playing dirty.

"We're going to do this then! We're going to bust in there and get Candy back. We have to go, and quick. Thank you guys." A few years ago Crow was just a hermit in this big, empty house. He had no friends and no family, he didn't celebrate holidays, and he definitely didn't smile or laugh this much. Now he had friends to do all those things with and Candy, the most perfect woman in the world, the love of his life, and his absolute best friend. It meant everything that everyone wanted to save her. Candy might have no biological family left but, this right here was her family. They could save the touchy sentimentals for later, though.

Crow went to check and see if Asa and Akari wanted to come with them, but it didn't take long to find that Asa was in no condition to go anywhere. Akari was going to stay to basically make sure he didn't die, which Crow also thought was a good idea. Daisuke wanted to go with despite Zuki's protests, but the more people to welcome Candy back the better. Crow put on the matching black beanie and took his laptop in the van with him, so that when they arrived he could fuck with the power of the house. Some parts of the house had a generator, but the dark in most of the areas would help them sneak around if necessary.

"Daisuke promised to stay here. The powers out, let's go." Crow jumped out of the van and went after Zuki to the gate. Quickly he climbed over and led them through the dark up the path to the side of the house, opening a window so they could sneak into the house. He had an idea of where she would be but there were typically guards in the way. Thankfully most of them went to inspect the loss of the power, leaving only two large guards outside the door of his mothers 'office'. Crow was never permitted inside, and he only assumed it was because of the twisted shit she did in there. Zuki shot them with something that dropped them which allowed them to rush inside the double doors.

"Knock knock, bitch. Get your fucking hands off of her!" As soon as they entered the room he centered his gun on his mom, his hands surprisingly steady. He knew Zuki would take the shot, especially if his reaction timing was off, but he needed to be the one to protect Candy. "Candy are you okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back