• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fixers: Japan Edition

Characters
Here
Sherlock

A year passed. Everything changed a lot, but also not much. Everyone stayed just as close if not closer despite not living in the same house. Everyone started to do their own thing in some way or another, having kids, getting married, starting businesses. For some stupid reason Akari decided to take on 2/3 of the options at once and toss on building their dream home in top of it all. Thankfully the last part was mostly being handled by Asa, a man who as much as she hated to admit it, had amazing tastes and she could trust with their house. However the other two projects, the wedding and her new business with a VERY pregnant Zuki? Very much very stressful.

Asa said he wanted something just the two of them but the more and more she thought about it, she really didn’t think it was true for either of them. They had been through so much shit that Akari wanted a big fucking celebration dammit! And she wanted that man, that man who she loved oh so dearly, to give her and this wedding a score of fucking infinity and make him eat his words from when they first met. Obviously he already had, they were getting married after all, but still!

“Can one more thing go wrong?!” Akari whined, pacing the floor of the suite they were getting ready in whike everyone looked at her like she was one second away from breaking. She probably was. She was regretting this, it was so much, was she going to embarrass herself? Was she going to trip? Was Asa going to like it? And where the fuck was the DJ?? Emi was thankfully calm and clear headed, handling every single thing with grace but even so Akari found herself in a fucking tizzy. “R-right.” She sighed as Emi sent Crow and Candy off to handle the DJ problem and get Daisuke.

The wedding was beautiful and classic, traditional and decorated in gold and cream tones with touches of pinks and greens. They were getting married in spring and she wanted the place to reflect that very much. Even her gown was adorned with gold touches and floral appliqués. Akaris makeup had been kept fresh and dewy while her hair was cut back up to its normal chin length and softly curled, pinned back on one side and tucked under her veil. Finally she was done getting ready and honestly at this point it was just time…

-

Everyone but herself and her two childhood friends had made their way down the aisle. Daisuke was about to walk when Akari suddenly grabbed him and Emi and pulled them both into a hug. They might not have been the closest as kids, in fact she found him insanely annoying but- they were a strange little family. It was wild to see them all here and despite all the instantly that occurred, she wouldn’t trade it for anything. “Ok now go don’t fuck up my timing.” Akari let go and gave Daisuke and gentle shove before lacing one of her arms through Emi’s. “Thanks for walking me down the aisle Em. I wouldn’t want anyone else with me.” Akari shone a bright smile over at her sister and when the music changed they stepped out onto the aisle.

Akari wasn’t a crier normally, but the moment she saw Asa she began to tear up. Memories flooded her head, both good and bad. But right now even the bad ones seemed pretty damn great, they had to be right? They led to this. The two girls made it to the end of the aisle and Akari gave Emi a tight hug before joining Asa at the alter. “Fancy seeing you here.”

Kage

Call it toxic masculinity, call it being an idiot, call it not knowing fully what to do with his life. But Kage was struggling this past year, even though he wasn’t showing it. All he had done for the past six years or so was protect people, Daisuke and the other guys then the girls when they came into their lives. It was all he knew, all he was good at. And now even after retiring his gun, Kage was finding it hard to let that mentality go. He just needed everyone to be on the right path, then he could let go and focus on himself. Daisuke and Zuki were shockingly great, no real assistance needed there. They knew what they wanted, they went for it. Done. The only real issue there was Zukis pregnancy with the twins but that was a Candy and Crow problem to deal with. Speaking of, those two? Same boat. Kage worried a bit about them staying social in real society and not becoming hermits but, children would keep them from doing much of that soon enough. The last loose threads were Akari and Asa, arguably the second most important to him. Not because he was necessarily closer with them than any of the others, but he knew that Emi wouldn’t be okay if Akari wasn’t okay and vice versa. So he waited, today would be the last little piece of his mental puzzle. Once Emi walked Akari down the aisle it would be complete.

Kage and Emi didn’t completely put their lives on hold, they made a business decision and honestly Kage loved it. He loved the sweets and cats sure but also just the running of the cafe, he was good at it. It was also a place that he hoped made Emi happy… that was all he wanted. Emi safe and happy. That was why he had another plan in place, one that would take place later with the help of their friends and the bridezilla herself.

-

It was finally time for the actual ceremony, Kage was standing with the other groomsmen, well the groomsmen and Candy. Daisuke just walked and joined the girls, standing near his wife. Lastly it would just be Akari and Emi. Now, Kage knew he should be focusing on the bride, it’s what you do at events like these. But the image of Emi walking down the aisle made his heart jump into his throat. It was taking a lot of his focus to not get stupidly emotional about it right now, this wasn’t about them yet. Soon. But not yet.

Daisuke Tanaka

It was a year of a lot of strange but good things for Daisuke. One, he was with Zuki. That would always take number one. Two, everyone moved out. Three, he bought a hotel despite it mostly being a joke and he actually really loved it! Four, he and Zuki decided children weren’t for them and that was actually kind of great. They were going to be the coolest aunt and uncle ever! But then there was five. Despite deciding against kids, Zuki was pregnant anyways. With twins. That meant 9 very long months of a moody but adorable wife and lots and lots of baby belly jokes.

The day of the wedding Daisuke got ready with the boys but once hearing that the girls were all dressed from Candy, made his way over to the bridal suite. He and Akari were longtime friends, as were Candy and Asa, it made more sense for them to switch. When he walked in the room he found his disgruntled wife on the sofa, causing a small chuckle to erupt from his lips, “I don’t know who looks more upset, you or Akari.” Daisuke walked over to her and leaned down, smoothing some of her hair behind her ear and kissing her forehead. “How are thing one and thing two acting today?” He didn’t have to ask, he could tell by the look on her face.”

-

Shortly after joining the girls they found themselves heading off to the ceremony. Daisuke had helped Zuki to the entrace and was about to be the next to walk after her when suddenly he was pulled into a hug by Akari. “Yeah yeah, I love you too kid.” Daisuke chuckled and wrapped both arms around the girls he considered his sisters, squeezing tight before being shoved by Akari. “Jeesh! I’m goin!”

Once down the aisle Daisuke turned to Zuki and offered her his arm, it wasn’t going to be a long ceremony at all but still standing very long while that pregnant must have been exhausting. “Come here love.” Daisuke smiled down at her after speaking softly, his arm lacing through hers as he helped support her weight. “Let me know if you need a seat okay?”

Doc

It only made sense for Candy to be by his side (anyone but Crow, really) and Daisuke be by Akari’s side, and he loved the idea of neither one of her dads walking her down the aisle. Mainly because they weren’t capable of doing so, but because those men were never there for her. Her sister was, and Daisuke was close to her growing up. Hell if she wanted a monkey to walk her down the aisle he’d make it happen. Whatever made her happy. “I don’t need your empty threats.” The nerves started building as everyone made their way down to the end of the aisle with him, so much so that he was holding his breath.

And then she appeared. Akari, the woman of his dreams. His family, his partner, his future. She looked she had stepped right out of heaven itself. Classy, beautiful, perfect. Better than he could have ever dreamed. His eyes glossed over and he felt a tear escape down his cheek. Asa quickly wiped away the tear and gave Akari the biggest smile he had ever had. “Wow.” That was the only word he could find for a long moment. Thankfully the minister started talking and dragged him out of his trance. She was really marrying him. Finally.

They had wrote their own vows. Asa spoke from the heart and told her that she was the light of his life, the moon to his stars, and all that sappy shit. She was the one thing on this earth that kept him fucking sand, and he would go to the earths for her. They said I do, they kissed, and they moved on to the pictures. It all seemed like a blur. They were officially man and wife.

Normally he wasn’t a fan of pictures, but he got to hold Akari and look at her, and give her photos and memories of their special day. He didn’t completely mind doing any of that. Then their group returned to the grand ballroom for the reception. They ate, they cheered, and finally they had some down time for the night to dance and drink. “Here you are, wife.” Asa approached their wedding party table where they all sat at a long table together. Gently he handed Akari the Sherlock she requested so he didn’t spill the drink. “I hate to admit it dear, but today was actually perfect. I’m glad we didn’t elope.”

Last edited:
Sunny

Today was the most perfect day ever, it had to be. She got to walk her best friend, her sister, down the aisle to marry the man that made her happy. She squeezed Akari as she hugged her and shot Asa a small smile afterwards. He knew what would happen if he hurt Akari, Emi would murder him in the face. He had better be good and make her happy! And then they said such sweet things to each other that made her tear up! It made her glance over at Kage a time or two and made her think of how it would be nice to marry him. Plus, he looked so handsome in a suit.

Pictures went fine after the ‘I do’s’ though it was still a little embarrassing whenever she had to pose with Kage. Seriously, she had to stop wanting things that might not ever happen! As long as he was happy, right? As long as she got to spend every day with him she’d be perfectly happy. He was her absolute most favorite person and just being there to see him grow as a person was good enough for her. Still, she may have jumped up from the table to leave as soon as she could. She just needed a drink or two to relax, you know? Then she wouldn’t be thinking so much about their future. Plus, Kage always knew whenever she was hiding something. She didn’t want to talk about this yet.

Emi gave Akari a quick squeeze and immediately took off to check on everything. Drinks, desserts, snacks to last them until midnight. Crow and Candy were already at the DJ table and were actually surprisingly good! The music they were playing was actually popular, and Crow wasn’t making an absolute idiot of himself. Emi had checked on the bar and got one of each signature drink to try them, and they were both really good. Strong enough to make Emi’s cheeks heat, but really good! “What’s next on the list?” Emi pulled the list out of the pocket of her dress and started to check things off. Up next was the bouquet throw, and just as she thought of it Candy announced all the single ladies to the dance floor.

Luna

The wedding went by fairly quickly to her surprise. All she thought of real weddings were they long, drawn out and dreadfully dull. This was none of that, this was beautiful and sweet. The thing she liked the most? Daisuke was on Akari’s side, and Candy was on Asa’s side as the best man (which drove Crow CRAZY). She only wished she wasn’t a million months pregnant. Zuki was about to keel over, and as nice as it was of Daisuke to offer her a seat she refused. She was already the size of a blimp, she didn’t want the eyesore of a chair in the beautiful wedding pictures. The perfect couple kissed and they were finally married.

Who takes pictures right after a wedding? Most people probably, but her feet were barking. It felt like the kids were going to fall out, which she’d probably welcome at this point, and her back was burning. All of this was trying to put her in a ripe sour mood, but she was quick to swallow it down. Happy day, happy day. Thankfully the food put her in a happier, less crankier mood, and soon it was time for people to get up and dance. Candy (and Crow) were doing a decent job at the announcements and hopefully they wouldn’t fuck up the songs. Right now though it was time for the bouquet throw.

“Daisuke I’ll take a couple drinks. Strong, something to evict thing one and thing two.” With a small groan Zuki got up from the table and noticed the pain in her stomach. Braxton hicks contractions. but how long have these ones been lasting? Before vows? Oh, fuck it. It didn’t matter, it’s not like her water broke or anything. Slowly she made her way over to Emi who was apparently drinking and going over her check list for the millionth time. “I never see you drink. C’mon, we’re catching the bouquet.” Zuki grabbed her wrist and nearly dragged Emi to the dance floor, obviously not taking no for an answer.

There was Emi, Zuki, and a few other girls. Zuki would trip any other girl that went for the bouquet, Emi had to get this bouquet.

Crow

The wedding was well done, but no where as cute as his and Candy’s. They were on the beach just the pair of them, it wasn’t too hot and the breeze was nice. Plus, he got to married the most perfect women in all of existence. “You want to play Single Ladies for the bouquet toss? You’re brilliant. You got this big beautiful brain.” Crow gave a small smirk over at Candy in the DJ booth. The ceremony was done, pictures, dinner, all done. Next on the list was the bouquet throw and everyone had their jobs to do. Zuki would get her in position, her and Candy would make sure she caught it, bam another wedding on their hands. Emi could say no, but if she dealt with Kage this long he was sure she wouldn’t bail now. She was the only woman in the world that could probably deal with that guy.

The bouquet throwing went off without a hitch. Everyone was terrified of bumping into Zuki’s stomach, and the one that did get close Candy nearly pounced on. In the end their dear Emi caught the bouquet and the night moved on. Great! Hopefully Kage didn’t fuck it up. But, hey, if Crow could propose then so could he. Next came the husband and wife’s first dance, then Daisuke, Emi, and Akari for the “father/daughter” dance. Then it was pretty much free game!

Thankfully Crow had found a wedding playlist for DJ online that had a ton of great ratings, he even took requests! Crow had also linked the equipment to his watch so he could control the playlist while away from the booth. Win/win in his book, he got to dance with his wife and his friends. “Milady.” Crow approached Candy with a big smile on his face. He deposited both special drinks in her hands before he took a drink of his drink. “The Doc isn’t as sour as the old man is, sad. Missed opportunity I tell you what. I’m going to plan Emi’s and Kage’s I think, make sure they get all the details right. What do you think? Want to plan it with me?” Obviously Kage and Emi would never let him a million miles near their wedding planning, but it was always worth a shot. He was the boss after all.

Sherlock

Asa’s vows made her cry, her own vows made her cry. Honestly she was a fucking mess through the whole thing, a insanely happy mess but a mess nonetheless. They got through the ceremony and were whisked off to take pictures. Then it was finally time for the reception, which at this point Akari was very much looking forward to a drink. Someone should have told her how stressful weddings can be! Well actually plenty of people did and she simply ignored them but… in the end it was all worth it.

At the reception Emi was quick to run off and check on everything. Akari wished she could tell her to calm down and just enjoy herself, that her night was about to get infinitely better, but that would ruin Kage’s plan so instead she simply let her sister run off and be neurotic. At least for now.

“Well thank you, husband.” Akari softly laughed as she took the drink and took a sip. She couldn’t believe they were married, after everything they had gone through, after her ruining his first proposal, lots of violence and death. It was wild to her, that she got this, that the universe allowed her to be this happy. “I’m glad you think that. I know it was a lot but I think it’s worth it in the end. Everything was beautiful, thanks for putting up with my madness.” Akari stood, leaning over and planting a soft kiss on her new husbands cheek.

Then the bouquet toss was announced and Zuki quickly got to work pulling Emi over to the dance floor and Akari took a moment to make sure Kage was in his place before heading to the dance floor herself. Candy and Crow had the song playing and Akari took the traditional position and prepared to throw, her back turned to the girls waiting. But just as she went to toss, she turned around and placed an aimed throw over to Emi who caught it with a slight fumble. Everyone but Zuki and Akari looked slightly confused, that is until Akari simply smirked and pointed over to where Kage stood by the open door that led to the garden. “Em, someone wants to talk to you.”

With that normal dancing music went back on and Akari went to find Asa and drag him to the dance floor with her.

Candy

Everything was going so well now! The start of the day had been a bit chaotic but now it seemed as if everything was going according to plan. The DJ mishap may have even been a blessing in disguise, Crow was actually kind of killing it. Even Candy had expected him to maybe go a bit overboard with his new title and power, but he was being super great about the whole thing and still found a way to do it while spending time with everyone. Now it was time for the next phase of the plan!

Crow was handling the music and the announcement, Zuki made sure to get Emi to join in and Candy, despite not being single, made sure to be prepared in the crowd to tackle anyone who played any games! Akari had turned and basically handed the damn thing to Emi and despite that some lady still made a move! No no no. Candy did a quick side step, bumping into the woman and nearly knocking her over. It earned her a glare but the woman got such a dead stare from Candy in return that she simply scrambled away back to her table. Now it was all in Kage’s hands.

Candy watched with a smirk as Emi made her way to Kage and the music turned to the first dance.As the newlyweds did their thing, Crow approached her with a drink in hand. “If it was as sour as he is, it would need a base of Warheads.” She laughed and sipped at her own beverage before leaning into her husband slightly, smiling as he rambled on. “I mean maybe they will, you are doing quite an amazing job with the music. And you’re the co-boss. I get the title now too, it came with the marriage.”

Kage

Kage was a nervous wreck, he wasn’t good at this sort of thing. He didn’t do grand gestures like this, not for lack of wanting to but from lack of practice. Kage had been in quite literally ONE relationship in his life and now he was planning to marry the woman, it’s not like he had a lot of experience in the field… a really good track record… 100% success rate. But no experience. Thankfully he had the help of the others, without them he wasn’t sure that this would be a success.

The ceremony finished, then the pictures, then finally the reception was underway. Emi had busied herself with checking on everything for the millionth time over and Kage was thankful that she had something to distract her while he went and got everything ready out in the garden. It took him the whole time to set everything up and by the time he heard Crow’s announcement for the bouquet toss, he had to rush back to the ballroom doors. The first part of the plan went off without a hitch, now it was his turn.

Akari had ushered Emi in his direction, where he was standing with a bouquet of yellow roses and a nervous smile on his face. “I-It’s a nice night. How about we take a break and go for a walk?” Kage gently took her arm and led her down the path from the doors that led to the hotels back garden. It was beautiful and full of different flowers and tall hedges, at the center there was a marble fountain. This is where Kage had his set up, a bottle of champagne sat on the edge of the fountain alongside two crystal glasses on a lace handkerchief. There were fairy lights all around the hedges surrounding the area and tea lights floating in the water. Multicolor rose petals scattered the ground and led them to where Kage positioned Emi to stand before getting down on one knee. Might as well get to the point right?

“E-”Kage choked a little, coughing to clear his throat. “Emi I love you. I w-” He struggled again. God he was bad at this. He was trying so hard to be formal and impressive but that just wasn’t him. “Ah fuck it. Em, I love you more than I love myself, more than anyone and anything I have ever known. We have been through some real shit and I haven’t always been the best or nicest, but you make me a better person. And I think we go together pretty well so…” He trailed off and pulled the ring from his pocket, unfolding the box and chuckling a bit. “My point is I want to marry you, you crazy little ball of sunshine. So what do you say?”

Sunny

Why was everyone acting so weird? Why was it such a big deal that she caught the bouquet? Even Candy made a move to bump some lady, and Zuki looked like she was going to shoot someone if they made a move for it. Everyone seemed happy that she got it though and that's really all that mattered, and it was a really pretty bouquet! Emi was going to dry it and give it back to Akari for a momento, not that she wouldn't have plenty after today. "Oh? Um, OK. Why's he outside?" Despite her many questions she followed Akari's directions and made her way over to the door, smiling sweetly at Kage as approached him. He looked almost nervous? He was never nervous, she couldn't help but to wonder why. Maybe the party was overwhelming him? "A walk sounds good." The roses were beautiful, the night sky was clear, the weather was perfect and she was with her favorite person. This was definitely a nice break from stressing about the wedding.

As they approached the fountain she noticed the champagne and glasses, the lights, and all of the pretty petals. It made her heart swell and her cheeks heat, Kage was never one for grand gestures. Flowers, this set up, it was almost like a proposal. The next thing she knew was Kage getting down on one knee and suddenly her whole face lit up red. Was he really doing this? Emi could see he was struggling but all she did was smile from ear to ear as she patiently listened to his every word, though she couldn't help but giggle as he lost all the formality. That was so, so him. "I-I love you so much." And then came the tears. She swore she wouldn't be crying today but she didn't expect a proposal! "T-These are happy tears, just so we're clear." Quickly she wiped away the tears and nodded as she did so.

Suddenly she nearly tackled him with a hug, her lips seizing his for a brief moment. She knew affection wasn't something he normally did in public, but it was her turn to take him off guard. "There's no one else I'd rather spend my life with, of course I'll marry you. You know this means you're stuck with me forever, right? A-And I want to take your last name. Is that OK?" It was all so crazy when you thought about it. Kage was Emi's first boyfriend and vice versa, together they had zero dating experience. What they did have though was life experience and a massive amount of love for each other. Maybe they weren't compatible at first glance but Emi loved him more than anything. She held out her hand to let him put the ring on her while she grinned ear from ear. "You did such a good job Kage, I'm, like, speechless over here."

--

Three days later Emi was putting the finishing touches on the welcome home party for not only Zuki, but for the new babies! She was SO excited to meet the babies, so besides trying to figure out where to begin with wedding planning she busied herself with this. Since the wedding Emi had been nothing but smiles, kittens, and rainbows and nothing could get her down. "What about now? Does it look even now?" Emi was standing on the tallest ladder Crow owned to hang up the over banner on the wall. Everything had to be perfect, there was a wide range of food (sushi included), formula for the babies, streamers, cute baby decorations (even though they already had a baby shower), and per Zuki's request she made sure the bar was fully stocked.

Just as she moved to adjust the banner again she nearly fell from the top of the ladder, thankfully she caught herself. "OK, I'm calling it. If it's crooked they'll just have to deal." Slowly and carefully she got off of the ladder, smiling from ear to ear once she was on the ground. "See, I told you I wouldn't fall and break my neck!" Her big doe like eyes looked up at the clock for the millionth time to see that they had a few minutes before everyone got there. Daisuke, Crow, and Candy were up at the hospital getting Zuki and the babies, and Akari and Doc put off their honeymoon until the weekend. That left Kage stuck with helping Emi set up. "Before everyone gets here I actually wanted to ask you something. How would you feel about a destination wedding? Somewhere warm, sunny, far away from Japan and maybe a beach?"

Last edited:
Luna

From how long it was taking Emi and Kage to come back from the garden she could only assume that she accepted the proposal. Good for them. That also meant that Zuki finally started to acknowledge the pain she was in. Maybe they were actually real contractions? Just as Zuki was about to move from her chair to go tell Daisuke that she needed to go to the hospital she felt her water burst. "Huh. Asa, you've ever deliver a kid?" The mans face went white as a ghost, he freaked out and said he was NOT delivering a child let alone a child at his wedding. Thankfully it was towards the end of the night and Crow didn't need to stick around much to DJ, he said he'd be able to do it remotely with his headset so him, Candy, and Daisuke all headed straight for the hospital.

The had barely gotten to the hospital in time. She had just gotten into her room, and before the doctor even came in she started to push. Thankfully the doctor made it in time and both the twins were delivered within ten minutes of her hospital stay. Crow passed out, but besides that Candy and Daisuke were there the whole time with her. The strain from pushing burst all of the blood vessels in her face, she was exhausted, and she insisted that Candy was the first skin-to-skin the babies had. All she wanted was a fucking nap since her job was officially done. Did Zuki ever mention she didn't have a motherly bone in her body?

Three days later her and the babies finally got the all clear to go, it was just about time because Zuki was considering busting out the window to earn her freedom again. Daisuke shut her down unfortunately, said she had to actually wait to get discharged. Such a pain in the ass sometimes. The baby's were both healthy weights at 6 pounds even, they passed all their tests and they were perfect. They were also out of Zuki and going home with their real parents finally. "We need to celebrate. We need whiskey, and some sushi." But she also knew Emi, she was sure that the crazy little thing was going to throw them all a party. As long as she could have a drink she wouldn't be opposed.

Zuki finished getting dressed into her usual all black garb and tossed the dreaded hospital clothing into the basket, giving Daisuke a small smile. "Thanks for hanging in there with me during the pregnancy. I've done so much bad shit in my life that it finally felt good to do some good for a friend. Now, are we all carpooling home or driving separate? Because I am SO ready to get out of here."

Crow

Holy fuck they were parents. Like, really parents with real babies. Multiple of them! Crow assumed he knew everything that there was to know about child birth; the water breaking, some pain, contractions, boom a baby. He didn't expect how traumatic it really was, more so for him than Zuki most likely. When he woke up the babies had just popped out and he was able to cut the cord for one, Candy cutting the other and officially making them a family of four. Callista and Callisto, the names were perfect and he wouldn't change them for anything. Crow and Candy were non traditional in regards to their names and they both wanted the same for their babies.

Had it only been three days? He was already exhausted and he contemplated two full time nannies but Candy said no, they would have to do this. Every day they were up at the hospital with the babies, Candy stayed round clock and Crow usually was the gofer. Holding the babies felt surreal though, they were really parents and they were really coming home with them!

Downstairs Crow and Candy had finally figured out how to hook up the babies to the car seats (no easy feat let me tell you) and they headed out for the Fixer's house. Daisuke would bring Zuki, and Crow and Candy would arrive as a family. "Are you excited for everyone to meet them Mama Candy?" As they parked the car and began to pull out the kids he couldn't help but baby talk little Callisto as he pulled out the car seat from the base, hooking his arm through the handle to carry the car seat carefully. Such delicate little things.

Crow held the door open for Candy so her and Callista could make their way inside, Crow walking in after her and seeing all the decorations and what not. "Oi, I said no more confetti girl. I'm still picking pieces up from last time." Crow gave a dramatic sigh before he approached the couch to set down the car seat and pull out the baby. "Kage you ever hold one of these? You have to be very very gentle and support his neck. This is Callisto and that's Callista, these are, like, your niece and nephews. So you HAVE to hold them, and you can't turn them against me."

Doc

What a memorable day. Not only did he marry the love of his life, his best friend, her sister got engaged and their nephew and niece were born. It was definitely a day nobody would forget. Since the arrival of the twins Asa pushed back their honeymoon just a few days; it allowed him to make sure everything with the house and their businesses were taken care of, and it allowed them to be home to meet the new family. Asa didn't know if he'd ever want children and he never really brought the topic up to Akari, though he assumed maybe with how important family was to her. He'd do it for her, but he had also never been around a small human so he was anxious to meet them.

"Wife." Asa smirked over at Akari as he opened the door of the car for her. They had just gotten to the Fixer's house and seen one of Crow's cars with the baby bases in the back and he assumed they beat them home. Good, they'd meet the kids. "I know you wanted to be on the beach with a drink right now but you get to meet the two new additions to our group. Are you excited?" The pair would be taking off tomorrow for their week long honeymoon, but he was also excited (and anxious) to meet the little humans.

Asa gently wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they walked up the stairs together and into the house, instantly sighing at all of the decorations. Did Emi do this literally every time for someone coming home? "Note to self, avoid this house after our vacation or we'll be getting the same razzle dazzle." His dark eyes spotted the babies and his anxiety instantly went up. What would they do if they cried? If the things cried he'd probably panic. "Candy you look amazing after just having two kids. You too Crow. Heard you passed? Proud of you buddy, doing great things." He chuckled quietly and went straight for the whiskey. "Akari what are you drinking? I'll grab you one. Anyone else want a drink?"

Sherlock

Akari thought that the Dj not showing would be the most insane part of her wedding day but it seemed that was far from the truth. They knew about that Kage had up his sleeve but Zuki going into labor was surely not on the docket, however it was not an addition that Akari was stressed or mad about, in fact the was elated. They would get to meet their nieces soon and Zuki would stop being so moody! It was a win win for everyone involved! The topic of babies was focused on Candy and Crow at the moment and despite her and Asa not really discussing it yet, she was kind of taking it as him not having an opinion one way or another. Both of them came from fucked up childhoods which was a double edged sword when it came to deciding to be a parent. On one hand, Akari wanted kids to give them a better life than she had growing up but on the other hand she was terrified and would be really okay being a fun aunt forever. Honestly at this point, she kind of wanted to know Asa's opinion and go from there... maybe leave it up to fate since it had been kind to her as of late.

"Husband" Akari chuckled, stepping out of the car and rolling her eyes over at Asa. "Will I ever get a name again?" Despite her words Akari had a smile on her face, she would give him shit but honestly she loved it. "Listen there will be plenty of time for drinks. Only one chance to meet them on their first day home... But drinks DO come soon after right?"

The two of them entered to home to be quickly met with typical Emi faire, the house was decorated like a party store threw up and Akari couldnt help but laugh at Asa's reaction. "Yeah, it's cute that you think she won't come to our house and do this. She has a key you know?" Akari wrapped her arm around his waist as they approached the others. Asa was quick to make jokes but Akari found her eyes instantly moving to the sleeping ANGELS in their parents arms. Her husband moved to get a drink to which she mindlessly made a noise that meant white wine. Crow was whining at Kage about holding the baby and Akari rolled her eyes, "Give." She raised her hand and gave a motion to Crow to bring the baby over. Akari took the small girl in her arms and rested her against her chest with a small grin. "Hello girlie. I'm your mid-badass aunt. Ope. I am also your swear word. Shit. FUCK. Oh no."

Kage

“It looked even an hour ago babe.” Kage chuckled from where he stood leaning against the counter, eyes trained on Emi as she fussed with the banner for the hundredth time. He had tried to tell her he would go up on the ladder but she insisted he wouldn’t hang it right… how do you hang up a banner wrong? However this was Emi they were talking about so of course this little party had to be 100% perfect. Then she stumbled and Kage quickly pushed away from the counter and over to the bottom of the ladder as she caught herself, letting go a heavy sigh and waiting as he watched her climb down. That was why he had offered. “You got too close for my liking though.” He rolled his eyes slightly yet kept a smile on his face as he looked down at her, boy did he fall in love with quite the troublesome woman.

Kage’s expression changed slightly as she mentioned the wedding, they honestly hadn’t talked about it much. His expression softened and he reached out to push some of her air out of her face, his hand lingering along her jaw as he did. “Whatever makes you happy. I’d marry you in the back yard tomorrow, at a courthouse, in a giant church even though I would likely burn. Anywhere you want I’ll make happen.” Kage put all of his fucking energy into the damn proposal so that this point whatever wedding she wanted he would make happen. “Away from Japan and a beach yeah? I’ve always wondered how it is in Hawaii, or somewhere like Sicily if you’re not feeling tropical. Whatever we do we’ll have to keep it hidden until the last moment so no one else tries to change any detail.” They’re friends were great but… a lot.

Soon the door opened and everyone started to arrive, the last being Asa and Akari. Crow of course quickly started in on Kage and he gave a nervous grin, trying to seem brave. “Well you have to pick one or the other, either I hold them or I don’t turn them against you.” Akari was the first one to steal one of the babies, leaving Kage standing awkwardly before getting closer to Crow and took the other twin. Confused about how to hold the baby for a moment before turning to look at Akari and mimicking her stance.

It was wild to think that this was almost them a while ago… Kage turned with the sleeping child and looked toward Emi with a look that screamed come help. He then turned back to the child and watched for a moment before whispering, “So let me tell you something about your dad.” Kage grinned and looked up waiting for a rise of of Crow before continuing, “He’s a mess but I think he’s going to do such a good job with you and your sister. Plus if he doesn’t your mom would kill him so there’s that. Plus a whole lot of your family has killed people so… why am I telling this baby about killing so much? Oh my god. Uh- anyways.” Thank god he was asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back