Story First Dance

Nap

pumpkins
summary —
Summary will go here.

Hi, read and follow my short story. It's raw and unedited. You should also know that I'm not the best writer because I just kind of write without thinking, not gonna lie LOL. If you guys want a place to discuss, please let me know. I'll make a new chat thread upon request.

cast —
PIjvnGk.png
Avital Langer as Mia Ospan

yUfE67B.png
Rudy Dean as Ashton Reed

ITWaeKV.png
Raven Lyn as Lizette Michaelson

nMxMYjP.png
Keisuke Asano as Kaiden Frasier

i. Megaphone Mia

The sun shined annoyingly through my car’s windshield as I rounded a corner. I was forced to squint my eyes and lower the volume of my music in order to concentrate-- or else I would’ve crashed and no one would’ve been happy.

Luckily, there weren’t any cars within the vicinity since the morning rush hours were over. I’d have to thank the principal for giving me first period off, even though having my first class later in the day as resulted in me being late multiple times. A person gets used to things being later than normal and I wasn’t an exception to that case.

The school’s white and gray outline was soon coming into view through all the tall trees. I hesitantly pulled onto the driveway, unsure of how to take in what in the heck was going on. Upperclassmen cars were parked on one side of the parking lot and the other side was filled with seniors and what looked like decorating booths.

I didn’t hear anything about decorating for that day, mostly because I hardly listened to the announcements since they usually said the same thing over and over. Kaiden must have read something new though, especially with the Homecoming dance right around the corner.

Homecoming.. I thought to myself as I exited my red Camry. Gasping as I realized it was only a few days away, I quickly got out my phone and texted my best friend.

I don’t have a dress for the dance! -Mia

Liz- What do you mean you don’t?????

I mean, I DON’T HAVE A DRESS FOR FRIDAY -Mia

Liz- Ok, chill out megaphone Mia. I’m free after school today if you want to go to the mall and get one

Yes, please life saver ilysm -Mia

Liz- I know. See you later boo xo

The smile on my face must have been extremely noticeable because I found a few pairs of eyes on me. Embarrassed, I shoveled through the front doors and into the hallway, trying my best to avoid physical contact. There was only one more year left of high school and then I could finally leave the dump.

***​

“So, you’re telling me that your mom hooked you up with Ricky from next door?” Lizzie asked, looping her arm with mine as we both nibbled at our ice cream cones.

I shook my head in response, wanting to speak but having to slow down or else I would’ve choked. “No, she tried to hook me up with Ricky from next door.” My mother was constantly trying to get me a boyfriend, especially after having Lizette and Kaiden be my dates to every dance and event since Freshmen year. We were a trio of best friends. I was the dancer, Lizette was the artist, and Kaiden.. Well.. he was a rather popular guy and I constantly ask myself why he’s hanging out with two of the shadow kids.

That’s what Lizette and I were-- the shadow kids. People didn’t really know our names because we don’t stand out in particular. Although Lizette chose not to even though she could and I just didn’t have anything interesting enough for attention. While she had the beautiful, caramel skin, I was pale if I didn’t force a tan. The only things that stood out with me were my blue eyes and long, dark hair from my mother’s Kazakh roots. Other than that I looked like a bushy-browed mouse.

“Your mom has no chill, girl.” Lizette said as she finished the last bit of her cone. “Here, I’ll take that while you finish.” She ushered the plastic-protected dress out of my arm and held it while we walked.

“Thanks Li-” I was about to say before walking straight into a wall. Or a guy. Yeah, it was a guy and I immediately recognized who he was. Ashton Reed.

He was about six feet tall, whereas I stood at a meager five feet five inches. I strained my neck to look up and met his brown eyes in shock, unsure of what to do. “O-o-ohhh my gosh, I’m s-so sorry.” I stuttered as I looked around for something to wipe off the mess with. Remembering that I had baby wipes in my purse, I reached in and searched for it before pulling one out and desperately wiping the white gunk of Ashton’s shirt.

A tanned hand grabbed mine midway and I felt my body pause, adrenaline pumping through my veins as if I were running a marathon. “Don’t worry about it,” he said, his voice rich and deep yet somehow cold and vain. After letting my hand fall, Ashton walked off and from the corner of my eye I could see a blonde link arms with him. Angelica Granger, also known as my former childhood friend.

“Oh my god, that was Ashton, wasn’t it?” Lizette asked, snapping me out of my senses. “How the hell did Angelica snatch him?”
“I have noooo idea.” I sighed, ignoring the slight pinch in my chest.

Ashton Reed graduated two years ago and he was Mr. Popular at the time. The guy practically ran the school even though he didn’t do anything. All he ever did was walk around campus with his boy squad and throw smiles and waves every now and then. Those were perks of coming from a wealthy and powerful family, although I was convinced that his family was caught up in the crime scene because that guy could be scary sometimes. I’d never told anyone but I saw him getting into a nasty encounter once, not that he’d remember of course.

Angelica, however, was a different story. We grew up in the furthest side of town and practically did everything together. The summer before Freshman year her mother got remarried to one of the Lofters, our school’s term for the super rich because they practically owned everything in our tiny town. After the marriage, her status skyrocketed whereas I sunk further into the art world, meeting Lizette in the process.

It was a bitter situation--considering Angelica is a queen now and she practically looks down on me whenever I’m within radius--and for some reason her dating the former King was infuriating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back