Firelink Shrine (Out of Character)

How many of you are going to be playing a mage?

• I owe my life to Sirris. Long live the Queen!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What fool would sell their soul to such a cursed and disgusting being?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. I want ALL the references even though this isn't directly related.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still interested. Just trying to decide between making a forcefully created Child of the Abyss with the goal of ultimately destroying the curse or a Holy knight dedicated on destroying the Children.

I am still interested. Just trying to decide between making a forcefully created Child of the Abyss with the goal of ultimately destroying the curse or a Holy knight dedicated on destroying the Children.

The holy knight would be hilarious for certain reasons that I'll explain once your character is accepted. Would he be a priest?

I don't think he would be exactly a priest. The character could be most accurately described as a paladin of sort. 

Yep. Most probably using healing miracles, since the Children are not your common enemy.

Alright, he'll have to align himself with one of the holy gods then. Um... Let's say the Urbain, the father of the gods would be the main focus for healing.

Taking my sweet time thinking out how this Child Earth Mage would work and more so on how he would speak and having the conversation feel natural. I've just remembered that if he were to be burned to ash, the parasititic plant important to his character would probably not survive. Can we say that over several decades, the thing has melded somewhat to his body and absorbed some of his bone so it will return just as he does? Or maybe a funner way of going about it is that it leaves a little seed upon death, and he must return to wherever he died to retrieve it. Some classic mechanics right there.

Taking my sweet time thinking out how this Child Earth Mage would work and more so on how he would speak and having the conversation feel natural. I've just remembered that if he were to be burned to ash, the parasititic plant important to his character would probably not survive. Can we say that over several decades, the thing has melded somewhat to his body and absorbed some of his bone so it will return just as he does? Or maybe a funner way of going about it is that it leaves a little seed upon death, and he must return to wherever he died to retrieve it. Some classic mechanics right there.

Remember that upon "death" one doesn't just respawn at a bonfire. Normally if one is totally obliterated to ash, they would have to have some sort of help from Sirris for their body to begin rebuilding itself sortta like an insanely powerful necromancer. But it would still take time, and depending on where they are (either scattared long the sea floor or maybe in a blessed urn) it sometimes wouldn't be possible. But if they were say decapitated or stabbed through the heart... It's easier to raise a corpse than build a corpse from ash to raise if that makes sense. The latter would be prone to not looking akin to there past self, loosing early or maybe later memories, etc.

Alright, he'll have to align himself with one of the holy gods then. Um... Let's say the Urbain, the father of the gods would be the main focus for healing.

Alright, thanks for the info. However, I still have to decide which character to create, as I quite like both options. I'll be on hold for one more day, then I should have my sheet posted.

Alright, thanks for the info. However, I still have to decide which character to create, as I quite like both options. I'll be on hold for one more day, then I should have my sheet posted.

I'll e interested to see whichever you choose. ^^ (Remember that not everyone who attempts the ritual lives through!)

I am for sure still interested. Like the rest of the gang, I am still working on my character too, the end my idea falls a little flat in comparison to the rest of it. I also want to see what other people post first, so I know I am doing it right.

Sorry, been sick. Also, I want to know if it's possible to be a generalist, i.e. knows a little about a lot of different types of magic, but not particularly good at any single one.

Sorry, been sick. Also, I want to know if it's possible to be a generalist, i.e. knows a little about a lot of different types of magic, but not particularly good at any single one.

For a mage, no. Impossible. They are gifted in one subclass of one school, to keep things balanced mind you. Besides, this roleplay focuses more on our character rather than what they can do. ^^

@Gavagnet @Shagranoz @GabrielD921 @augmentedspartan @cokemonster

Alright! My sheet is up if you need some help, but be warned, its close to 4k words and by far my largest post on here thus far! Also! My character isn't special as some might think due to her conversation with Sirris. All characters with have some form of direct contact with her AFTER their sheet is accepted whether they are a Child or not but please DO NOT put that into your sheet before hand.

Nice read. Only self-imposed rule of the CS is I have no idea what Kiraan looks like with her soul-stone. I imagine her being a lithe pale-skin with black eye shadow and raven hair to match her, well, raven. 400 years... surprised me. Here I thought my 50 year old geazer was going to be one of the older ones, but he's just a baaaby. I'll do my best to get it done before work tommorow so we can hash out the rough edges.

Nope. Not happening. Maybe after work.

Nice read. Only self-imposed rule of the CS is I have no idea what Kiraan looks like with her soul-stone. I imagine her being a lithe pale-skin with black eye shadow and raven hair to match her, well, raven. 400 years... surprised me. Here I thought my 50 year old geazer was going to be one of the older ones, but he's just a baaaby. I'll do my best to get it done before work tommorow so we can hash out the rough edges.

AH! I FORGOT THE IMAGE! Thanks for reminding me, lemme go add that >.<

Mine's up too. Not quite 4K words, but hey, it's not about size but how you use it.

Quality over quantity ^^

I should probably start writing about the gods and then move into the land.

If I can pull myself away from Dark Souls 3 that is... xP

Etaria? Going back to Demon's Souls I see.

Gah! Someone caught my references. The mortal plain is from Boletaria, the abyss is just a mangled version is Artorious' name, and Solus was made with Solaire in mind. X3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back