• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Firefly (Original Characters) - Still Accepting

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1657143372209.png
Theme
Firefly
Ship Specs
(Note: There will be some customizing done.)

This will be set in the Firefly Verse. The RP will pick up after the events of the movie, Serenity. I will not be using any of the comics material. All characters will be Original.

Crew (Owner State room (High Passage) + 4 Crew Cabins (Middle Passage))

Owner / Captain (me)
First Mate (me)
The Owner fills the shoes of the Engineer.

Needed Slots
Pilot
Medic
First slots to fill. With these filled the missions can begin.

Optional Slots (max 4)
Public Relations (translation - mercenary)
Cannon Fodder (translation - mercenary)
Any other slots we can think of.

For my part, I plan to run the Owners (married couple). They play their cards close to their chest, saying little about themselves. In fact, the condition of “no questions asked” and the wish to “avoid any Imperial entanglements” come up. They seem morally grey, with an eye toward humanity.

The ship is a heavily customized Series 3 Firefly. Serenity was a Series 3.

Plot
This will be a semi sandbox RP. I will be looking for the group to come up with the missions. Once the group has an outline, I will take over. The group can come up with NPCs. The “CS” for the NPC’s can be very basic - just brief descriptions. Or they can be complicated. The latter is preferred if the group wants a recurring NPC. Mission descriptions should include the Job, Reward, and Obstacles. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true …

Blank CS

Fandom - Firefly (Original Characters) - CS
Fandom - Firefly (Original Characters) - OOC

Last edited:
Bump

Need a pilot. Won’t be enough for big more dangerous missions. For that we need a Merc or two.

Oh Mercs, don’t take the nicknames for the job too personally. One was a direct quote from the show.

Awesome. Now if we can get some CS’s done. Don’t need to be too elaborate, just enough to give people a feel for the character. Details can be added later.

Somewhere I found a random chart from the Traveller rpg for mercenary missions that I can adapt. Josh Whedon, the creator of Firefly, used to play the game in his college days. Will look around for some tramp freighter jobs chart too.

Excellent. Now if we can just get enough CSs put together we can get started. I have both of my own characters, but their CS needs some editing. (Adopting a couple from other sci fi settings.)

Bump ... Medic is posted (done enough to work with). Still need a pilot. And a meat shield (merc) would be nice to help in the public relations department. Or troubleshooting. You know. See trouble; shoot it? Too obvious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back