• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fire Emblem Styled Adventure

Agent

Lance
Hey everyone! After spending a few weeks perfecting my craft, I have created my very own 'Fire Emblem'! It's easy-ish to learn, fun for people that like RPGs(maybe), and uses maps and sprites that i've spent hours on. If you don't know what Fire Emblem is, or don't care to look into it, then I can give you a very easy rundown.

zcoGIFZ.png
In a nutshell, Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG where you deploy several units and fight through an army of enemies using melee and magic. Everyone is a different class, all of which use different types of weapons and have different roles. Units can promote into a stronger class, which makes them stronger and usually allows them to wield more than one weapon type. Oh and by the way, weapons break and are destroyed after being used enough times. You wanna know something else that you lose permanently? People. When your units have their health depleted, they die, and you can't get them back. However, we could just tweak the difficulty to allow people to not permadie. The bonds between units can improve their ability in battle, or standing on certain terrain to decrease the chance of a unit of getting hit. I don't think I can go into much more detail without talking about game mechanics... in EXCRUCIATING DETAIL. But for your sake, all the details are stored in big fat information page.

Cz8utke.png
Fighting is easy. Just walk on tiles and attack people by selecting a coordinate(not listed in the pic) and target and then posting. Outside of battles, the standard interactions and roleplaying will be present, but when the enemies arrive, roleplaying fluently becomes completely optional due to the fact that it wouldn't be easy to say interesting events while just monotonously attacking enemies.
Speaking of the maps, I'll also draw your characters if you make one. You can describe them, or give me a picture.​

If you're interested, would you also mind answering a question or two for player preferences?
1. When rolling d100s, should Lower or Higher rolls be better?
Suppose you have a 75% chance to hit an enemy.
If lower is better, then you must roll a 75 or lower to hit. If higher is better, then you must roll a 26 or higher to hit.

2. Should there a penalty for being defeated in battle?
Death isn't present, so we'll have to settle with something else. Like a temporary stat reduction when you enter the field in the very next battle. This may discourage you from getting injured... Or it may just discourage you.

Click here if you like reading!

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. It also sounds like you've put a lot of work into it as well.

Q 1: Higher rolls. If the roll + % chance equals 100 or higher, you hit. It would just feel weird otherwise to roll a 100 and miss.

Q 2: I'd say depends on the circumstance. If you are defeated and your buddy defeats the enemy next round, then there shouldn't be anything more than a bruised ego and roleplay material. Against multiple enemies or dire circumstances, a temporary penalty to stats should suffice. Anything more than that should be discussed between player and DM.

My own questions.

Is this primarily going to take place on-site?

What kind of posting time limits are you looking at for those of us with jobs?

Are you going to be DM only, or will there be a DMPC?

Is this influenced by a specific FE game, class wise?

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
Yeah it'll be onsite. I've made my own 'system' of how unit info will be displayed in combat and out of combat.

I use Mountain Standard Time, and attend school on the weekdays. I'm usually around to post at around 3 to 9. If you're able to post at least once or twice every day(if you're in battle), then I think I can cope.

Just DM. Though i'll probably throw in some NPCs to push you along the story path.

Yes, most of the influence comes from GBA games, as well as Skills from Awakening, Fates, and Heroes. The classes... are mostly from GBA Games, though i've changed the classes some. Every unpromoted class can only use one weapon, while most promoted classes can use two weapons. Me and my invisible partner are still deciding a few things about allowing certain promotes to wield a second weapon.

I've stalked you to here from the quest rp Interested, might join. I actually have multiple Fire Emblem and Advance Wars (modern fire emblem basically) games and it looks like you put a lot of work into this.

Given that I answered at almost 11 PM last night, it should be understandable I skipped that. Anyways!

1. I'm so used to lower is better when it comes to FE that having it as higher is better is weird.
2. I don't really have any preference one way or the other of if there's a penalty or not.

Agent Agent
1. I like rolling for lower it feels more relaible~
2. I think it depends, maybe some maps should be death enabled while others aren't, but if death is permanently enabled I'm okay with that~

Aquaknight Aquaknight
No, you won't die if you are ever defeated. After losing all of your Hp, you will withdraw from the map until the battle ends.
But a penalty can be imposed such as either barring the unit from entering the next battle, or imposing a decreasing stat penalty on the unit should they enter the very next battle.

I figured the withdrawal would happen. I wouldn't expect a defeated unit to continue participation in the current battle.

Sounds like everyone else wants lower rolls. I can do that as well.

Looking at the classes, I noticed there is no infantry spearman. Is a promotion going to give an infantry character spears, or is that reserved for mounted and flying units only?

I would love to join this if there is still space!

As for your questions, I would say:
1. Scenario one (rolling between1-75 for a 75% chance) is the best just to avoid some math.
2. In true Fire Emblem fashion, yes.

I would love to join this if there is still space!

As for your questions, I would say:
1. Scenario one (rolling between1-75 for a 75% chance) is the best just to avoid some math.
2. In true Fire Emblem fashion, yes.
i hate to spam you, but hey, wanna be my green compatriot? the sain to my kent? the lance to my alan? the kyle to my forde?

Hmm, I'm down for this. I'm pretty sure I can handle it all, and I've definitely tried some Fire Emblem before.

I prefer variety and try not to select the classes other people have in mind, so archer and thief are my top picks at the moment. Also, is it possible to make a Jagen character at all?

For the questions-
1. Higher is better, of course.
2. No one is prepared to be the unluckiest person in the roleplay, but that's Fire Emblem. Dying should be a roleplay option, while getting defeated will have to suck in another way.

Hmm, I'm down for this. I'm pretty sure I can handle it all, and I've definitely tried some Fire Emblem before.

I prefer variety and try not to select the classes other people have in mind, so archer and thief are my top picks at the moment. Also, is it possible to make a Jagen character at all?

For the questions-
1. Higher is better, of course.
2. No one is prepared to be the unluckiest person in the roleplay, but that's Fire Emblem. Dying should be a roleplay option, while getting defeated will have to suck in another way.
my brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back