• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fire Emblem/Elemental Gelade/Tower of Duraga Inspired Interest Check

Hachi Machi

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong
Starting Information

This is an Original roleplay that borrows inspiration from medieval fantasy anime and role playing videogames. Some notable examples include Fire Emblem, Luminous Arc, Maria the Virgin Witch, The Tower of Duraga, and Elemental Gelade. There are other sources of inspiration, but those examples I've provided should establish some general gist of the setting/genre I hope to establish. If you have questions regarding the genre, let me know.

For this roleplay, you, the roleplayer, will roleplay as a knight or mercenary in the 12th Regiment for the first part of the roleplay's story. You, the roleplay, may also create other characters, if you choose to volunteer for another role. Otherwise, all starting characters will be a knight or mercenary in order to keep the group together.

Origins

Long ago, the Goddess Sophia created the planet Orth and she blessed the planet with human life. In order to ensure her newly created planet was stable, she birthed four dragons to safeguard the world from any natural disasters. She treated her dragons as her own children, and Orth persisted as a peaceful world. For a time, Orth seemed tranquil, as humanity prospered with the development of multiple kingdoms. Unfortunately, this peace didn't last.

Although the dragons obeyed their mother, they were not without faults, since each dragon all had their own desires. The Wind Dragon desired to be an equal to its mother; the Fire Dragon enjoyed being lazy and it would often neglect its duties for other pursuits, the Water Dragon desired to be close with humans, and the Earth Dragon was too prideful to ask for help from the other dragons. Thus, it wasn't long before chaos would engulf Orth.

A thousand years ago, the Wind Dragon abandoned its duties in order to conquer Orth. The dragon convinced a band of humans to build an empire, which the band gladly accepted, as they too desired power over others. Without the Wind Dragon present, the Fire Dragon shirked its duties to enjoy the luxuries present on Orth. As a result, the Water Dragon too fled its duties to build a closer connection with humans. All alone, the Earth Dragon took up the burden of protecting the world, yet the Earth Dragon failed, since without the others, the Earth Dragon lacked the necessary power to prevent the world from succumbing to natural disasters.

The world shook with earthquakes, cities were flooded by tsunamis, volcanos erupted, and more disasters filled the world. The people of Orth prayed for their Goddess to protect them from the Wind Dragon's expanding empire as well as the disasters that plagued Orth. In due time, the Goddess answered the people's request. She granted her most loyal worshippers a unique gift. On Orth, no one could sing, or use magic, but with the Goddess' blessing, her gift allowed an individual to perform elemental magic and song magic.

Song magic required a user to sing continuously in order to produce magical spells, while elemental magic was quick and it only required a portion of a person's life force to cast. The first to receive this power was Legard and four other loyal followers. Legard, the Maestro, would lead the other four, the Cantors, against the Wind Dragon with their of Song. Their objective was to prevent the Wind Dragon's expansion and to banish the Wind Dragon, as ordained by the Goddess Sophia.

The five were successful in their endeavor after their arduous journey searching for the Wind Dragon. The Wind Dragon was sealed underneath the ocean by the five's magical ensemble, a music piece, meaning the empire was put to a halt. Without the Wind Dragon's guidance and power, the empire crumbled against Legard's band. The leftovers of the empire either decided to follow Legard, or they left to carve their own destines. In the end, Legard established his kingdom, Legant, to be a unified kingdom for all. His exploits were written down, and he was considered the world's savior.

In closing, the Wind Dragon was sealed, while the Fire Dragon and Water Dragon went into hiding, since they feared for their mother's wrath and their desires influenced them to remain on Orth. This left the Earth Dragon to be tasked with the burden of keeping the world in balance. Fortunately, the Earth Dragon wasn't alone, since the Goddess Sophia used her remaining power to safeguard Orth from further disasters. Due to her predicament, she could no longer reach the people of Orth, leaving the people fend for themselves. This left Song magic unchecked, marking the people's of Orth's future uncertain. However, the true problem was how long could the Goddess Sophia protect the world?

Origins Part Two

In the center of Antria, a continent in Orth, the Legant Kingdom became a Monarchy, where Legard's descendants would rule as royalty over the populace. Their religion would center around worshipping the Goddess Sophia, and a variety of temples would be built to honor the Sophia for her sacrifice and blessings. Legard remained until his death as the ruler of Legant, and the four Cantors aided Legard as his council. The Kingdom was inspired by Medieval European, and Medieval City aesthetics.

To the East of Antria, the broken remains of the Wind Dragon's Empire would split into several tribes, all with differing philosophies. The tribes as a collective are called Yvestalla, and each tribe sought power over the other. As a result, Yvestalla became a place of tribal war, as each tribe wanted to prove themselves as the true successor for the Wind Dragon's lineage. The Kingdom was inspired by Native American, African, and Tribal Village aesthetics.

To the North of Antria, fellow merchants and sea-goers built the Cicilie Kingdom. They too worshiped the Goddess Sophia for economic reasons, as it aided the kingdom's trade transactions with Legant. The Kingdom's origins resulted from its location, in particular, the ocean. Originally, Cicilie was a simple port offering rest to wary sailors, but it quickly became a kingdom, when the port secured a means of supplying its own wealth via foreign trade. The kingdom was inspired by Italian, Greece, and Port City aesthetics.

To the West of Antria, the Rapon Kingdom was established by an emperor, who many consider to be a deity. The Kingdom's origins are considered unknown, even by its own people; however, a majority agree on the legitimacy of the Rapon lineage. The kingdom was inspired by Japanese, Asian, and Eastern City aesthetics.

To the South of Antria, the Tursimistin Kingdom was founded and ruled by Cantors, as its location requirs magic to sustain its citizens from the harsh environment. The kingdom was inspired by Arabian, Palestinian, and Desert City aesthetics.

Starting Plot

In the continent of Antria, there's been reports of tree-like limbs appearing throughout the Legant Kingdom, mainly desecrating Sophian Temples. Some believed these occurrences to be the work of Cantors. Nevertheless, the Legant Kingdom has called upon its knights to deal with the issue. In the Legant Kingdom, knights and mercenaries are used as a means of keeping the peace within Legant's borders.

Our story begins in the capital of the Legant Kingdom, Barton. The 12th Regiment is preparing for its first mission as a team to investigate a desecrated Sophia Temple. They hope to locate the potential criminal Cantors, and bring those Cantors to Legantish justice.

General Plot

The roleplay will focus on the development of characters, as they progress through the story. The roleplay will also focus on discovering the secrets of Orth, the Cantors, the Goddess Sophia, and the Dragons. Essentially, the roleplay's main plot resembles a group's journey, or more specifically, the 12th Regiment's journey. The plot will have two different phases: Free Time and Mission Time.

Free Time will not progress the plot, but rather focus on character development, while Mission Time will progress the plot. During Free Time, your characters can act out their own personal motives, as they wait for the next Mission. During Mission Time, personal motives may, or may not be intertwined with the current mission, as the focus is primarily on the roleplay's plot. Each phase will last a varying amount of time. The roleplay will begin with Mission Time.

Setting

In general, the setting's medieval fantasy with magical elements. It's similar to Luminous Arc and Elemental Gelade's setting, with each kingdom containing their own aesthetics. For example, Rapon will have an Asian aesthetic, Legant will have a Medieval European aesthetic, and so on.

Mechanics

Magic: Essentially a conjuration of elements, such as fireball or lightning.
Familiars: Monsters summoned by Cantors. They take on different appearances. If their Cantor dies, they can continually live. They cannot sing.
Humans: The standard race. They cannot sing.
Cantors: Humans gifted with song. They are able to sing, and they can cast elemental magic.
More will be posted as I flesh out the roleplay.

Links

These will be posted, if this interest check gains any interest.

Requirements

1. Maximum of One Post per day in order to give others a chance to respond. You may do more than one post, if all individuals you're roleplaying with are at the same pace.
2. Standard RPN rules
3. My word is law.
4. Post at least a paragraph, if you're roleplaying in a group scenario. I'm pretty lenient, so a paragraph to me is just several sentences. I'm not putting any strict limitations, but don't abuse my leniency.
5. Other requirements may be posted, but the one's above are my general ones.

Other Questions

If you have any other questions, or concerns, feel free to post them here in this interest check. I realize that I may be missing details that may influence your opinion, so please ask away. Once the OOC thread is up, and you've established your interest in the roleplay, please post your questions in the OOC thread.

Closing Statements

Thank you for reading my interest check. If you're interested, notify me in this thread of your interest, and I'll let you know when the character sheets are up.

Currently the world is still in-development, but the starting plot should give a general idea of the roleplay's direction.

Available races for starting characters will include humans, familiars, and cantors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back