• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fire Emblem Divide

[color= gray]Emilia[/color]
11378504_1637997223083209_1595435394_n.jpg

Why were they working together with the Alliance? Emilia didn't remember ever hearing S'Zura screaming across the battlefield to the enemy's Manakete leader to form a truce. She didn't quite under stand why this was happening. Whatever, so long as they stayed on their side of the battlefield and didn't try attacking her, Emilia would refrain from attacking them, she supposed. They were kind of cornered by the monsters, and any hope of any of them walking away alive seemed to lay in the hands of this strange alliance.

[color= gray]"Oh, hey Ari! This battle seems to be goin' real well, don't it?"[/color] She drawled sarcastically as she noticed the elf was relatively close to her. Up ahead, she could see a Jelly... jellying around. She knew she wasn't the best attacker, far from it to be completely honest, but shooting the thing couldn't hurt could it.

[color= gray]"Hey, do ya know why we're not... Attackin' the Alliance? I'm really confused, why did we stop fightin' 'em?"[/color] She asked as she pulled out an arrow and nocked it to her bowstring. Her aim was steady, Jelly in sight. She released the arrow, which hit the Jelly, and did... Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It didn't even flinch. Damn, maybe she needed a new bow... But she liked this one.

Not dwelling on the fact that she had achieved absolutely fucking nothing, she pulled out another arrow and quickly shot at it once again. Once again, it seemed to do absolutely nothing damage-wise, but something about the Jelly... changed. It was giving her some sort of look, like she was the love of her life. Did the bow's effects actually work on monsters?

[color= gray]"... Did that thing actually just fall in love with me?"[/color]

[Emilia(6) attacks Black Jelly 23 and deals 0 damage]
[Black Jelly 23 has 35 HP left]
[Black Jelly 23' is in love with Emilia]
[End turn]

TURN 7
Phase
New Foreigners

Purple guys move at the end of each team's phase >:]

[Black Jelly 23 moves to I18]
[Black Jelly 23 is kickin' it with bae]

[Black Jelly 37 attacks Quetzal but misses!]

DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles

[Gargoyle 3 moves to H19]

[Gargoyle 4 moves to T18]
[Gargoyle 4 attacks Vlad for 35 damage!]

ChazGhost ChazGhost

[Gargoyle 35 moves to H17]
[Gargoyle 35 equips Snake's Tongue]
[Gargoyle 35 attacks Charme for 22.5 damage!]
[Charme has been poisoned!]

Mothman Mothman

[Mauthe Dog 7 moves to J18]
[Mauthe Dog 7 attacks Whimsey for 0 damage!]

Mothman Mothman

[Mauthe Dog 8 moves to R17]
[Mauthe Dog 8 attacks Pandora for 25 damage!]
[Pandora has been defeated!]

Misuteeku Misuteeku

[Blue Mogall 9 moves to K18]
[Blue Mogall 9 attacks Whimsey for 27.5 damage!]
[Mauthe Dog 7 assists for 0 damage!]

Mothman Mothman

[Blue Mogall 10 moves to R16]
[Blue Mogall 10 attacks Lothric but misses!]

IG42 IG42

[Green Mogall 33 moves to J19]
[Green Mogall 33 attacks Whimsey but misses!]

Mothman Mothman

[Green Mogall 34 moves to U15]
[Green Mogall 34 attacks Sami for 17.5 damage!]

[Zombie 31 moves to G17]
[Zombie 31 attacks Charme for 5 damage!]
[Zombie 31 has latched onto Charme!]

Mothman Mothman

[Zombie 32 moves to U16]
[Zombie 32 attacks Sami for 0 damage!]
[Zombie 32 has latched onto Sami!]
[Black Jelly 37 assists for 6.25 damage!]

TURN 8
Phase

United Forces
The New Foreigners will move again on Saturday September 30th at 12pm PST
Truthblade Truthblade Hachi Machi Hachi Machi DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles CallmeMyth CallmeMyth ChazGhost ChazGhost Jellyon Jellyon Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Misuteeku Misuteeku IG42 IG42 @theglassangel Horror Horror Petite Rouge Petite Rouge InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Necromantic Necromantic Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart theunderwolf theunderwolf Creek Creek KageYuuki KageYuuki Mothman Mothman hosaki hosaki

Whimsey

A cry from her commander rung in her ears, one asking for the aid of her staff. She turned to hopefully discover who was in fact injured, though as she did, a crude sound filled the air. A demonic barking, distorted, crude sounds coming from the maw of a Mauthe Dog. It charged the helpless healer, and thankfully, the small bits of armor that covered her person kept the beast back, at least for now. She shoved it away as best she could, her drum scraping against the rough hide of the beast. A long, heavy set of breaths left her lungs as she once again tried to lend her help to those who needed, though once again, she wasn't that lucky.

A strange form of magic smack against her body, knocking her onto her back. A cry of pain left her lips, as well a straggled cry for help. Forcing herself to her knees, and then to her feet, she turned tail and ran to the nearest person she could find. Dali. Huddling behind the dragon, she glanced at her personage, noticing a noticeable magic wound on her stomach.

"H-Hey Dali..." She muttered out, giving a weak wave. Feeling a fair bit safer, she did what she knew how to do best. Glancing around, she grit her teeth as she noticed that everyone seemed alright. Out of the corner of her eyes, she noticed a man being attacked and grabbed by a zombie. "Oh... Oh gods...!" She muttered to herself, reaching to her back for her staff. "I'm sorry, everyone, I have to try...!" Raising a staff, a small pink one with a heart on the end, she closed her eyes and hoped. A large pink beam strayed from the staff, before quickly surrounding a Gargoyle. As she opened her eyes, she was mostly confused, though was still in too much pain to consider what the hell had happened. She slumped against the wall, breathing heavily.

[ Whimsey moves to K14! ]
[ Whimsey uses her Love Staff on Gargoyle 35! ]
[ Gargoyle 35 falls in love with Emilia! ]
[ I think something happens because Black Jelly 23 is also in love with Emilia! ]

S SirBlazeALot InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Necromantic Necromantic

Charme

A moment after his previous kill, he felt something touch his shoulder. He snapped around, still a bit on edge, before realizing it was simple a member of the Legion. He was unsure of the name of the figure before him, but the words he received from his 'comrade' stung a bit. "H-hey, excuse me for trying to lighten the mood!" He replied with a scowl, though it changed to a smirk as the archer mentioned a simple pub.

"Isn't that what they expect? A gallant savior is just what these ladies of the Legion need, eh?" Chuckling, he took a passing glance behind him, to make sure he wasn't being attacked. As he turned, he noted a gargoyle to his side, and a dagger flying at him. He attempted to deflect the dagger, though it cut deep into his stomach. Grimacing from the pain, it took him a moment to realize the venom from the dagger was seeping into his wound. "Shit..." He muttered out, taking a glance at Ari. "My rate for talking to women is 4-1, I'll have you know!" Angrily responded, he clung to his wound as another enemy approached.

A zombie, a hobbling mass of the dead. Charme took a step back, planning to dodge, though as he attempted to, the pain from his wound shot through his body. The zombie charged forward, faster than any zombie from a shitty sci-fi movie was ever shown to do, seeping its sharp nails into Charme's shoulders, looking for the famous bite.

"Get...! The hell...!" Struggling against the zombie, Charme managed to shove the zombie back with a loud huff, before thrusting his lance forward in retort. The lance went clean through the beast's chest, before it slumped to the ground from whence it came.

Cringing in pain from the previous encounter, Charme realized just how isolated he was from the rest of the group. "Dammit... I at least gotta make this look good... No point in dying like a failure..." Raising his lance at the large hoard to his left, he braced himself for what was coming. Little could he feel the poison working at his body, ignoring the sting of it due the adrenaline running through his body.

[ Charme doesn't move, due to being latched! ]
[ Charme attacks Zombie 31! ]
[ Charme slaughters it! ]
[ I'm pretty sure Charme takes 10 damage from poison! ]

S SirBlazeALot hosaki hosaki

Mazelle
With a sudden squeal, Mazelle was whisked from her hiding spot and up into the air. But instead of being torn apart by some winged beast, she was plopped down on the back of a scaly creature. She remembered the Legion had brought a wyvern rider to this battle. She was saved!

The young blind girl held on tightly to her wyvern riding savior. She wouldn't have lasted another minute if weren't for him. "Thank you... a lot..." she thanked, breathing heavily as she spoke. Despite having honed her senses to such a miraculous degree, the field of battle was still too dangerous of a place for her to be in. The foul scent of monsters all around her made her nervous, and scared. But now, flying the air without her feet on the ground, Mazelle's only concern was falling off to her doom. She had no idea how high in the air they were! From the sounds of combat, it didn't seem they were too high off the ground... hopefully.

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart

S'Zura nodded slightly as Naira rushed to her call. Though instead of tending to the Manakete's wounds, she healed her instead. The Panther sighed, her ears falling slightly, "Thank you, Naira..." At least the idol had done its job and mended his wounds. But it did little to the ice still clinging to his scales.

Her ears rotated back to listen to another Manakete make her approach, though before she could turn to face them a Wyvern swooped by and a cold voice spoke up. S'Zura's tail flicked angrily at Veilvel's words. She hadn't wanted command, why it was dropped on her so suddenly instead of a more experienced unit was far beyond her. "You could say that Veilvel..." She spoke slowly, fighting the urge to bare her fangs and tell him where he should put that lance of his. "But you should quit looking at the sky and take a look at the battlefield. There are few more of these creatures than either side could have anticipated. All I care about right now is getting everyone out of here alive."

S'Zura nodded slightly at Fynola, though her gaze refused to leave Veilvel. She had half a mind to warn him not to speak to her in such a way again unless he wanted to lose his other eye. Had he done so back in Yuba, he would have received much worse as punishment.

"The entrance to the fort is a chokepoint, with any luck we can hold off these monsters with it." As she spoke, she turned to face Nayu, "Wouldn't you agree?" Her tail slowly swayed as she looked up at the large dragon unflinchingly. "Seems there's already an unspoken agreement on fending off these things together, strange as it is. I don't intend on letting any of my men die today..."

S'Zura's crimson gaze moved towards the fort once more, "I can tell you at least feel the same in that regard. Our best chance is to get everyone inside the fort, don't you agree?"

[S'Zura mentally told Veil to go fuck himself]
[The commanders converse!]
[S'Zura used Tip the Scales!]
[Nayu has been buffed]
[...Apparently so has Veil]

S SirBlazeALot Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Last edited:
Nayu stood next to Zane in front of the fort, as the sounds of complaints fell upon her highly acute ears. She looked toward The Legion's commander, who had finally made her way to the fort herself, and was now standing within range of conversation. Nayu spotted one of The Legion's soldiers who she had previously spoken to, standing next to the panther Laguz as the latter focused upon him with an intent predatory gaze. Nayu decided that it was in her best interests not to engage in whatever had transpired between the two of them. Although she couldn't help but think to herself that it was the possibility of such threats of insubordination that had made Nayu choose to speak to The Legion commander herself in the first place.

Nayu looked down as the panther Laguz eventually pried her gaze away from the man, addressing her with her features poised. "That was my plan all along, actually." Nayu replied. The wind dragon's eyes followed hers toward the fort, as The Legion's commander continued speaking. A few of The Alliance's soldiers had already been forced to withdraw because of wounds sustained during the fighting, and Nayu admitted to herself that she was impressed with the enemy commander, since none of her troops had been forced to do the same. "I share your sentiment. Despite the fact we are enemies, I cannot deny that our success in this battle has been partly thanks to you and your army. If not for this truce, no matter how shaky it may be, I fear that more of my soldiers may have been injured in this battle. I will do whatever it takes to ensure that as many of our men survive here today as possible."

Nayu then shifted her green scaled head to look down at The Legion's commander once more. "You have our support. We shall take our armies and ride into this fort!'' Nayu spoke, her draconic voice echoing with resolve. "Members of The alliance! We move into the fort! I will need those of you who can to follow me inside the garrison! I will need the rest of you remain outside and guard the entrance! Our success here depends on all of you, so do your best to stay alive!" She roared across the battlefield, making sure that every soldier heard her orders. She then prepared to enter the fort, with The Legion commander now beside her.

[The commanders conversed!]
[Nayu used Tip The Scales!]
[S'zura is now buffed!]
[Naira is now buffed!]

S SirBlazeALot
KageYuuki KageYuuki

@The Alliance and The Legion

Last edited:
Veilvel Maria Ealisaid

With: Incompetent fools
Vengeance, at last

Veilvel_Post.jpg
As he could have predicted, his attempts at clarity did not go over well with the less lofty-minded. Even his rival, the Gryphon Rider Fynola, returned from whatever business she had been attending to try to mince words.

I am no mere soldier.

Veilvel could only shake his head at her proffered olive branch, shocked that such ideas could even come from a woman of Malth. Though, at the same time, he couldn't help but admit that she had tugged at something lying dormant deep inside. If someone poisoned by years of Maltian military service could so thaw their heart--- but as he looked at the woman, she was already in tatters, her armor disgracefully showing her...softer parts. She didn't look as if she would last much longer.

A weak heart only leads to pain and death...

But before he could remark any further on the subject, the Commander finally graced him with her own response.

"How would you know what we anticipated? I don't recall seeing you anywhere near the tacticians' tent."

Veilvel couldn't help himself, frustration built from being lorded over driving the slightest pink tint to his pallid face. As the so-called Commanders came together to collude, they only filled him with bile. The look that the Wind Dragon Manakete was giving him made the man reconsider flinging his axe into her face. At least, from the Panther's glare, he knew he had hit his mark, though truthfully, Veilvel was used to those he reprimanded not being particularly grateful for his simple, blunt laying down of the facts. He couldn't be blamed that she was unfit to lead. This decision to redirect their resources to their very enemies - those responsible for countless deaths, who would destroy their very world in their sad, twisted attempt to save it...while Veilvel begrudgingly decided to say no more on the matter, it was a certainty that he wouldn't let this flippant insubordination go unpunished. There were plenty whose ranks were higher than Commander.

And if they wanted to reward him for his efforts, well, he could hardly complain. After all, he believed he had more than enough proof he better knew what he was doing when it came to these things.

But to that end, he didn't want to be completely contrarian.

"If you're going inside, take this. It will serve you better than it will me." To try and placate the fuming Laguz, he tossed her down the key he had received from his prior passenger. It was true - he would not be needing it.

"Cower in the fort with your Commander," he yelled, this time to the skies in Fynola's direction, "at least, if you truly believe that is what growing up in Malth has taught you. As for me, I have wasted far too long on words."

He couldn't say why he did it, as retreating into the Fortress was clearly the safer, and perhaps smarter, choice. Maybe his stubborn pride - that silly, nagging emotion he should have conquered years ago - had somehow leaked through the crevices of the fortress around his mind to temporarily take control. But Veilvel was tired of stalling. He had been through far too much insufferability today...his axe would have its revenge.

His target of choice was a Mogall - at least, that was what he guessed, given his time spent studying reports of Patrium's foes. Why? Simply because it looked weak...all the better to put it out of the misery of its existence. At last, wyvern and rider working of one mind, Calfuray caught on to Veilvel's expectations, expertly navigating above the unsuspecting eye. The large, roving orb of its body was ironically unable to warn it about the white death that would be its downfall. Veilvel briefly wondered if it was possible for an eye to have a brain, to think, to truly have any cognizance of its wasted life, before he - at last - brought the great axe down.

It was his first time killing a monster, and though his blade easily - too easily - slid into the glutinous membrane, the slippery give and accompanying squelch filled him with nothing but pure, sweet satisfaction. Calfuray let out a terrible noise as the monster's guts splattered over his gleaming claws. Veilvel responded with the odd puff of laughter.

"Sorry, Calf." Though it served the wyvern right, for getting so pushy during the earlier parts of the campaign. The field of battle was a place for violence, not acts of charity. Though, speaking of charity...

"Thank you...a lot..."

Veil turned behind him. Apparently his young passenger had finally recovered enough to regain her ability to speak. Somehow, despite her affliction, he could feel a slight warmth at his back.

"It was nothing. But next time you should think before charging into battle. People like us...we have to excel, more than anyone, just to prove our place in this world..."

He was quiet for a moment, looking down at the monstrous menagerie around him. He had certainly thrown himself into the fray. In truth, he wasn't sure if even Calfuray's agile body could maneuver through so many attacks. Though it left an unpleasant taste in his mouth to admit it, he'd be relying on others to see this skirmish through.

[Veilvel trades Door Key (1) to S`Zura]
[Veilvel moves to K19]
[Veilvel critically attacks Green Mogall (33) for 170 damage!]
[Green Mogall goes down like a little pussy!]

[Mogall Tendril (1) is added to Veilvel's Inventory]
[Veilvel is probs gonna die next turn but it was worth it? Kind of!]

[Reva moves to L19]
[Reva attacks Blue Mogall (9) but is cockblocked by Mauthe Dog 7 because the world is wrong]

Last edited:

__ushiwakamaru_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_chan_co__sample-daa2086df3d56278bcbbe29178b6e016.jpg
For the entire battle Sami had been dominating monsters. The monsters decided that wouldn't go on any longer. Sami was caught in a torrent of wind magic. She survived but her neatly done hair did not. It was effectively murdered by the Green Mogall. Then the undead claws of a zombie wrapped around her ankle and pawed at the soft fur of her stag. Her mount got spooked and Sami was too frazzled to get some distance between the zombie and the stag. "Get off you jerk!" She whined at the infuriating Zombie.

Then a purple monkey flung itself onto the Zombie and disassembled it. Sami maintained her center and didn't let the wounds or the confusion stop her. Nayu's orders were clear and Sami wanted nothing more than to perform as a model soldier for the rest of the battle. She soothed her buck and it gracefully bounded toward Fort Castellum. Along the way Sami took a shot at a Black Jelly from a distance and mentally incremented her kill count.

[Sami (11) moves to R15]
[Sami attacks Black Jelly (37). 45 damage.]

S SirBlazeALot

__force_of_will_drawn_by_tajima_yukie__0d2855c85613d19119d14e585c90b739.jpg
The witch doctor felt guilty when she witnessed the little vampire healer fall to the monsters. Some might find it suspicious that Pandora was attacked after Quetzal declared that she must be punished. Quetzal had no shortage of an ego. Naturally she contributed the monsters' actions to her own malevolent power. If she could speak to the dead then she was confident she could control these creatures. Though the concept fascinated her it felt inappropriate to display such power in front of two volatile armies dedicated to killing anything monstrous. She felt guilty too. She was only kidding when she said Pandora deserved punishment. Quetzal was quite fond of the little healer. Pandora was a testament to irony itself.

Quetzal hoped Nayu's orders would distract anyone who may have witnessed the series of events. It would have to be a secret between her and Pandora. Quetzal promised herself she'd make it up to the young recruit later. Now it was time to charge the Fort. Quetzal craved pain so that she could be at her most powerful. She selected a Zombie beyond her beloved Chapo for next victim. She spoke loudly with the goal of attracting every demon's attention to her. "Come now darling! Why give your undying love to her when you can give it to me!?" Quetzal punctuated her anger with a devastating magical attack.

[Quetzal (9) critically attacks Zombie (32). 130 damage]

S SirBlazeALot

Upon hearing the dragon commander's new orders, Kayo set out to guide the rest of the Alliance's forces safely towards the front gates of the fortress. Monsters had begun to encroach on the outer forces' positions, and a tactical retreat into the decrepit old building was now in order.

"On your feet, everyone! You heard the commander...and if you didn't, I'll make sure you did. Get to the fort now! Move!" the Laguz demanded as she pivoted and sprinted to the front of the small group of Alliance soldiers on the eastern side of the fortress walls. It was too late for an unsuspecting demon to react in time as Kayo pounced on top of it and began to tear its skin to shreds with her many canines. With one last movement, Kayo impaled the demon through the chest with the claws of her right paw. She turned her head around, watching to make sure that the rest of her comrades were making their way to the rest of the Alliance forces in front of the main gates. If any of her allies struggled against any beasts along the way, she told herself that she would rush to help them, no matter the circumstances.

[Melnax moves to Q17!]
[Melnax bashes Mauthe Dog(8) and stuns it!]
[Melnax attacks and misses!]
[Melnax attacks Mauthe Dog(8) with a critical strike for 60 damage!!! Talk about animal abuse!]
[Mauthe Dog(8) is defeated!]

[Kayo moves to Q16!]
[Kayo mauls down Blue Mogall(10) to 2 HP!]
[Kayo attacks for 65 damage!]
[Blue Mogall(10) is defeated!]

Naira Regenbogen

With: Scantily clad War Drummer and Handsome young cowboy Maestro
Afraid of getting wet

Naira_Post.jpg
The young Shrine Keeper practically glowed at her Commander's praise. She felt like she had really made amazing progress today, helping to heal new friends from both armies, and even getting the attention of the higher ups! Even the way S`Zura addressed her by name felt so...friendly. Naira's cheeks flushed as she plucked Pipa up from the ground, pressing her face into his pudgy folds.

"I-It was nothing..."

But her job was far from over. While she had been dilly-dallying with the mighty Laguz and Manaketes, the battle continued to rage all around. Though just moments ago she had pitied the so-called monsters, this time it was her comrades turn to reap the karmic punishment of their deeds. If only she were back home at her mother's workshop! Surely the famed Glypheitch Engineer could concoct some machine that could clone her! For Naira alone with her one little Mend staff was hardly enough. Everywhere she looked there were new bodies which needed patching up. And, sadly, the number of those able to perform such duties was dwindling...

Holding back a cry of pain Naira watched as the only cleric from the Alliance was grievously wounded by the teeth of some great dog. Never mind that it was a cute, fluffy animal that Naira would have loved to pet and sing to...the reality was, it had fatally wounded one of her very own. Even if the Shrine Maiden knew not even the name of the Alliance healer, they were women bound by trade and a mission to provide others with Naga's love and support. Their lack of fighting prowess left them practically naked in the face of battle, and watching the dog set itself upon her was...honestly disturbing. Though just moments later, that very same dog found its just desserts upon the edge of a sword. Naira found herself having to turn her head...

Things were looking equally grim for the Legion. Really Tall Flirty Guy was struggling with several wounds of various natures against one of the humanoid creatures that, she thought she could recall, had gone after her earlier. She longed to help him but...he was simply too far away. His fate was in Naga's hands now.

However, another of her own ilk - the War Drummer - had also been injured by one of the big puppy dogs. And hadn't the Commander said something about going into the Fort...?

Naira could both satisfy her leader's orders and her own stubborn needs.

Without so much as saying a word (which was probably a bit creepy), Naira in her usual, odd little way, crept up to the woman, only unleashing her staff at the last minute to surround the War Drummer with a warm blue glow like light through a shallow pool.

"H-Here you go!" She finally managed to shout, face still half-buried inside her plushy crutch.

And that was when she heard the noise...

It was a long, low whine that sounded halfway between a soulful wail and a terrible giggle. The voice spoke of ancient mysteries, of hidden knowledge, of wild play. It called to her. Somewhere deep inside the fort.

"Pipa, do you know what that was...?"

Naira was about to go investigate further when she was once again joined by the suave young musician who had earlier assisted her. Ge-Gee...he sure was handsome, and so very kind, wanting to help her heal the others (though admittedly, most of those others had been from his own side). But being alone with a boy in the quiet stone of the fortress's entrance was suddenly too great a prospect for the young girl. It brought...too many confusing memories to surface in the water wheel of her mind.

"S-Sorry! I can't talk right now."

Choosing to ignore the Maestro, she pressed on ahead, captivated by the shrieks' spell.

Whatever had made that sound was sure to make a great new friend!

[Naira moves to M14]
[Naira uses Mend on Whimsey]
[Whimsey heals +70 HP!]

[Elta moves to M13]
[Elta uses Just Keep Swimming on Naira]
[Idk how I ended up with Elta but yolO]

[Naira moves to M10 and waits]

[Iona moves to I16 and Rescues Charme]
[Friendly reminder to everyone not to step on N15!]

Last edited:
Ari Blomgren

9e740d7013360f0c8dee119531012c5e--tolkien-character-inspiration.jpg
Perhaps a brute force approach would not be so useful in this instance. Ari fingered the vials of poisons that had been given to him before the battle and pondered whether it would be a benefit or a detriment to spread some onto his arrow heads. After all, he was unused to such techniques -- meat generally tasted better uncontaminated -- and the prospect of applying an unknown substance onto his personal items was not a pleasant one.

In his hesitance, another had taken the opportunity to attack his target. Staring down in surprise, he realized he had completely overlooked the short girl who had been beside him the entire time. A flicker of recognition registered on his face: so she had been an archer, too. He gave a grunt of assent, his gaze sliding past her towards the other monsters that were now making their long-awaited arrival. To her question of why they had stopped attacking the Alliance he had no answer, nor did he particularly desire an answer.

He shrugged. "Survival comes first," he replied simply. The more immediate concern was making it to the fortress unscathed.

He himself had been doing fine and he would be keeping it that way. Judging from her appearance, she had also remained unharmed from the onslaught of monsters; he was unsure if that spoke of her skill or her luck. The man named Charme, by contrast... It appeared that he wasn't a very good defender.

"4 to 1? So your rate must include creatures like that..." He gestured at the unmoving zombie. "Judging from its behavior, I'd say it liked you a lot."

Had he ever poked fun at a wounded man before? He couldn't recall a similar instance that had ever occurred during his time in the arenas -- he always focused on shooting them down first. But he remembered occasional opponents spouting pretty phrases about honorable loss. Always, the Malthian audience had booed them on those occasions: the world didn't care for the remnants of their shattered pride.

"Dying already?" His amusement faded and his eyes glinted with scorn. "Beg me, and I might consider giving you a vulnerary."

Charme and others like him had probably never been forced to grovel in the dirt for scraps. A mere child in a strange land... Ari swallowed the bitterness rising up in his throat. Staring icily at the lancer for a long moment, he threw a healing potion at him with an intentional aim for the man's head.

"Be grateful."

Judging from the docile behavior exhibited by both the jelly and the gargoyle, Emilia had her situation under control -- in love indeed. He left them both to fend for themselves as he lined up a shot to kill another of the floating eyeballs. Time was a wasting.

[Ari(3) trades Charme(4) a Vulnerary]
[Ari moves to K16]
[Ari attacks Blue Mogall 9 for 45 damage]
[Blue Mogall 9 is defeated]

S SirBlazeALot Mothman Mothman Necromantic Necromantic

Last edited:
[color= gray]Emilia[/color]
11378504_1637997223083209_1595435394_n.jpg

"Yer right about that, Ari," Emilia replied with a sigh. Whether she wanted to be teamed up with the Alliance or not, survival came first. In the distance, she thought she could finally hear S'Zura and the Manakete talking instead of trying to rip each other's throats out. Well, it seemed like this sudden alliance with the Alliance was official now.

And just like that, two of the soldiers from the Alliance came rushing over to attack some of the monsters around them. Wow, it looked like they weren't just relying on Ari and Charme's actually effective attacks and her dumb luck to ensure their survival anymore. She nodded at the two in thanks, but didn't bother saying anything. There were better things to be doing than chatting some enemy soldiers up. For an example, she was pretty sure that she could see a Gargoyle close to Charme. Maybe not close per se, but it definitely wasn't very far away.

She jogged around the considerably taller man, turning her head up at she passed by him to chime a quick [color= gray]"Charmed to see ya, buddy."[/color] He may have looked like complete shit at that moment, but, hey, Ari tossed him a Vulnerary and there was no longer a zombie on him, so... The situation was already a bit better, wasn't it? Plus, she had several monsters in love with her, so everybody definitely had less to worry about! Trying to look on the bright side was exhausting.

She stopped a distance away from the Gargoyle and took aim at it, then... Missed. By what seemed to be a fraction of a hair. She could just hear the fates laughing at her. Bitterly, she pulled out another arrow and strung it, shooting at the Gargoyle once again. This arrow hit it's mark, sinking into the monster's... flesh? It looked like rock, but she supposed it was flesh.

She cocked a gray eyebrow when she saw the Gargoyle giving her the same look both the Jelly and the other Gargoyle. Was... Another one of them in love with her? [color= gray]"I suppose this... Isn't a bad thing..."[/color]

[Emilia moved to G17]
[Emilia attacked Gargoyle(3) and miraculously deals 20 damage]
[Gargoyle(3) has 40 health left]
[Gargoyle(3) is in love with Emilia]

S SirBlazeALot hosaki hosaki Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo

Afi's dark eyes darted around the battlefield somewhat nervously, taking in the situation. The monsters were slowly but surely closing in, and despite the fact that their numbers were dwindling, he'd rather not be around when they reached the entrance. The horrible wounds being inflicted on the soldiers who actually bothered to throw themselves into the fray or got caught in their paths were quite enough to convince Afi that there was little point in doing the same. Not only would it be a great deal of effort, but it was dangerous, too. Thus, it was gladly that he followed the two commanders' orders, turning tail and flitting into the darkness of the stone fort.

Bare feet making little sound on the cold floors once he passed through the entrance, Afi curiously inspected the interior of the grand building. Its architecture was old, and the whole place was in at least a little disrepair from what he could make out, the stonework lined with cracks and chipped away in places. Small piles of rubble lay in a few corners. Despite that, it was an impressive building, at least by his standards. He'd certainly never seen anything of its like back home.

Even as caught up as he was looking around the huge building, however, he wasn't able to miss a strange sound issuing from its depths. He froze in his tracks. Was there something else in here?

[ Afi moves to N12 ]
[ Turn Ends ]

S SirBlazeALot

TURN 8
Phase
New Foreigners

Purple guys move at the end of each team's phase >:]

[Black Jelly 23 moves to H18]
[Black Jelly 23 attacks Gargoyle 3 but misses!]

[Gargoyle 3 attacks Black Jelly 23 for 20 damage!]

[Gargoyle 4 attacks Vlad but Korvalt blocks the blow!]

ChazGhost ChazGhost Truthblade Truthblade

[Gargoyle 35 equips Zanbato]
[Gargoyle 35 attacks Black Jelly 23 for 20 damage!]

[Black Jelly 23 splits into Black Jelly 24!]

[Mauthe Dog 7 moves to L18]
[Mauthe Dog 7 attacks Reva but Veilvel blocks the blow!]

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart

[Green Mogall 34 moves to T17]
[Green Mogall 34 attacks Vlad for 37.5 damage!]

ChazGhost ChazGhost

TURN 9
Phase

United Forces

[Charme is hurt by poison! Fuck!]
Mothman Mothman

The New Foreigners will move again on Saturday October 7th at 12pm PST

Truthblade Truthblade Hachi Machi Hachi Machi DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles CallmeMyth CallmeMyth ChazGhost ChazGhost Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Misuteeku Misuteeku IG42 IG42 @theglassangel Petite Rouge Petite Rouge InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Necromantic Necromantic Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart theunderwolf theunderwolf Creek Creek KageYuuki KageYuuki Mothman Mothman hosaki hosaki

Zane

Looking up at the other manakete Zane leaned against her while he pushed himself upright. "I'll...be fine, I just need a minute." He could feel the cold starting to recede enough that he felt able to move safely though his wounds were obviously still serious. As he contemplated using another vulnerary he felt healing magic rush through him making him stand straighter and look down at the small Legion cleric who held a staff over him, rolling his shoulders Zane grinned at his supposed enemy. "Thanks for that, those things wouldn't leave me alone." He was about to ask the cleric her name and be generally sociable when he remembered that she was meant to be his enemy. "Umm...I'd better get back to it, thanks again. Let's go Nayu." Transforming into dragon form again he made the short flight into the fort and landed next to a dreadlocked Legion soldier. "See anything in there?" He said shortly.

[Zane moves to M12]

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Creek Creek

Lothric
[Lothric moves to T16]
[Lothric attacks Green Mogall(34)]
[Lothric creates yet another smear 195 damage(?)]

__ushiwakamaru_fate_grand_order_and_fate_series_drawn_by_chan_co__sample-daa2086df3d56278bcbbe29178b6e016.jpg
Sami looked around the field and felt satisfied by the low monster population. She wondered if that meant the Alliance and the Legion would return to fighting each other for the spoils of the Fort. Sami could guess that both groups had similar orders. The armies had taken the Fort together so Sami had to hope that their Commanders would honor that. To turn against each other now would be to take the moral low ground. Though she had done something unconventional for a Legion member she didn't regret it and would stand by her word.

She hoped to get an idea of where her Commander's head was but there was no time to waste with chatter. Kayo repeated Nayu's orders and Sami obediently followed. Sami took a position behind the Commander and shot another one of the canine demons. "I've got your back Commander." Sami was too prideful to let it show but it felt awkward being next to Nayu. It was more comfortable for her to focus on fighting. Sami remembered this type of monster had a valuable gem but there wasn't enough room in her bag for it.

Sami looked at the nearby healing idol. It reminded her of her home in Komodo and filled her with nostalgia and confidence. Sami dropped her vulnerary and put her faith in the idol. Then she jumped down from her deer and retrieved the Red Gem dropped by the Mauthe Dog.

[Sami (11) moves to N17]
[Sami drops a Vulnerary (3)]
[Sami attacks Mauthe Dog (7). 65 damage.]
[Sami picks up a Red Gem.]

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth S SirBlazeALot

__force_of_will_drawn_by_tajima_yukie__0d2855c85613d19119d14e585c90b739.jpg
Quetzal wanted to be surrounded by monsters but her team deprived her of such joy. If she knew about Emilia's monster harem she would be very jealous. With no other demons to have fun with aside from a half dead Gargoyle Quetzal decided to execute Nayu and Kayo's orders now. She would have to go in the Fort half cocked. Of course Quetzal still thought her current power level was enough to destroy the entire Legion and the Alliance if she wanted to. For once she had nothing to say. Instead she was observing her allies and her temporary allies on her way to the Fort.

[Lloyd (5) moves to L15]
[Quetzal (9) moves to P14]

S SirBlazeALot

Dali

Dali gave S'Zura a smile before dashing off once again towards the fort, no longer in her ghastly dragon form. She wouldn't want the Alliance grunts to think she was a monster and attack her!

She would've progressed further into the fort, but a manakete was standing in the way. He had dark scales, giving away that he was an Ebony Dragon. She knew the Legion hadn't brought anyone like that with them, so her only conclusion was that this fool was with the Alliance. Dali looked away from him in scorn, and gazed at Elta. She was one of those musical types it seemed. Knowing the benefits of music, Dali raised her hands up, and did a quick spin.

Rays of golden light shined down on Elta, giving her a feeling of warmth. "You're welcome in advance!" Dali called out, smiling broadly. She'd be nice to the Alliance for now. After the battle, she'd have nothing to do with them ever again unless it was on a battlefield.

[Dali(5) moves to N13]
[Dali(5) uses White Warmth on Elta(2)]
[End Turn]

S SirBlazeALot KageYuuki KageYuuki IG42 IG42

"And you have ours as well," S'Zura said to Nayu before looking over the battlefield once more. Seemed Veilvel felt the need to continue running his mouth. The Panther's lips curled back in a snarl at his continued comments. "Blind then, are you?" Though her comment went unheeded as the wyvern rider took off on his own. "Damn fool must have a deathwish..." Sending anyone after him would be a waste at this point.

"The fort entrance is a choke point!" She reminded the Legion once more. "We can use that to keep the monsters at bay. Now quick, get inside or as close as you can." Whatever had made that roar earlier couldn't be that far off. Though it seemed the fort itself wasn't clear of monsters either, "Grima's fangs, there's no end to the bastards."

[Gave up on trying to get Veil's head out of his ass]
[Commanders agreed to work together to survive]
[S'Zura moves to L10]

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart S SirBlazeALot

NAYU

d210.jpg
Nayu watched as Zane transformed into his ebony dragon form, before flying off into the fort. It appeared that he was slowly recovering from his wounds, which gave Nayu a small sense of relief. However, she was not able to shake off her concerns about his safety just yet. Nayu gazed at the Legion shrine keeper who had healed her comrade, taking note of the good deed that she had done for someone who was supposed to be her enemy. Nayu knew that there were bound to be members of the Legion who opposed the idea of this sudden truce, like that elven wyvern rider for example. However, it was apparent that at least some of their enemies were willing to assist the Alliance for the time being.

As Nayu prepared to follow Zane into the fort, her attention was turned toward one of her soldiers who had suddenly approached her on the battlefield. Nayu turned her head to look at the woman, who was now standing behind her with her bow drawn as she shot a nearby Mauthe Dog. Although the two of them had never spoken on a personal level, Nayu was fairly sure that the woman's name was Sami. Nayu had been under the influence of the Legion dancer's spell when Sami had saved one of the Legion's soldiers, and it was ironic that the two of them were now standing next to each other on the battlefield.

Having not been in her right mind at the time, Nayu had no way of knowing that Sami had been partially responsible for the sudden truce both armies now found themselves in. It was also very possible that Sami did not realize that her commander was unaware of her actions. Even if she had been aware of the archer's act of selflessness, Nayu was not the type of person to have one of her comrades thrown into a dungeon, expelled from the army, or worse. However, it was very likely that Sami didn't know this either, and yet she still chose to assist her commander in any way that she could. Whether it was her way of trying to preserve her station in the army, or a further act of righteousness, no one could know except herself.

"Thank you, Sami." Nayu replied, grateful to have the woman's assistance. "I do trust that you'll have my back as we enter the garrison. Lets go." Nayu told her, before proceeding to fly through the fort's large stone doors and landing next to Zane. Her blue eyes shifted throughout the room in the darkness, as she made sure that the interior of the fort was safe. She looked over at Zane, who was standing next to one of the Legion's soldiers. The two of them appeared to be on their guard, in case of an attack. Just as Nayu was about to declare that the fort was safe, a deathly wail traveled throughout the garrison's halls. Nayu's senses perked up as she tried to discern the direction the sound had came from. "What was that...?" She wondered aloud, her body now on high alert as her eyes darted back and forth through the halls as she tried to locate any signs of their enemy.

[Nayu moved to N11.]

S SirBlazeALot
IG42 IG42

Last edited:
Charme

As he was whisked up onto the back of a mount, Charme let out a soft exhale of relief. His whole bodied was screaming, the poison working its way into its system. And damn, did it sting.

Glancing up, the flirt noted his savior. The rider Iona. A soft chuckle left his lips, as he returned his spear to the holster on his back.

"Hey... Thank you..." By his voice, it was clear he wasn't doing well. The hurt, worrying, fearful tone of his voice rung out among the ears of another. "Thought I was gonna be the one doing the heroic stuff... Sorry to be a burden."

[ Charme is rescued lmao]

Whimsey

With her wounds healed up again, Whimsey quickly headed after the rest of the troops, who were charging into the fort. It was a smart idea, with all the enemies and beasts still crowded outside. Though, the remaining soldiers outside seemed to be handling things well.

In a rationale of self preservation, she turned tail and ran into the fort with the others. She wasn't sure what it was, but she had a nagging worry about something. Something... Wasn't right.

"C'mon, everyone, we're so close, let's keep it going!" Playing another tune, albeit clumsily, as she ran, a beautiful pink aura surrounded her fellow soldiers, Alliance and Legion alike.

[ Whimsey moves to M11! ]
[ Whimsey plays an enduring tune, Hold The Line! ]
[ S'Zura's Def and Res increase by 1! ]
[ Naira's Def and Res increase by 1! ]
[ Elta's Def and Res increase by 1! ]
[ Afi's Def and Res increase by 1! ]
[ Nayu's Def and Res increase by 1! ]
[ Zane's Def and Res increase by 1! ]

S SirBlazeALot KageYuuki KageYuuki Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart Jellyon Jellyon Creek Creek CallmeMyth CallmeMyth IG42 IG42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back