• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Fire Emblem Divide: Questions

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club
QUESTIONS
This section is for questions related to the RP. So if you're confused about something that happened in the Main Thread, have a question about a specific character or characters, the Lore, or some of the Game Mechanics, ask it here and you shall receive an answer here. Anything other than a question or an answer should be an expression of gratitude. Do not post idle chit chat in this thread it is for questions related to the RP only. It is imperative to ask questions here, as they may be drowned out in conversation.

Please take all idle chit chat to Conversation.
Please take all announcements everyone should be aware of to Announcements.
Click here to return to the Table of Contents.

Last edited:
S SirBlazeALot

Kind of a weird question, but where / what kind of situation should our character be in for the beginning of the RP? Like, where should we be starting from, and what's their status?

On that note, for the part of the CS with Faction/Batallion info, how do we decide their role? Do we just sort of....take one, or should we discuss with other players first? How much overlap does it have with their class??

S SirBlazeALot

Kind of a weird question, but where / what kind of situation should our character be in for the beginning of the RP? Like, where should we be starting from, and what's their status?

On that note, for the part of the CS with Faction/Batallion info, how do we decide their role? Do we just sort of....take one, or should we discuss with other players first? How much overlap does it have with their class??
All of the characters are gonna start within their faction, in particular the battalion. So their backstories should lead up to that point.

You can just take one or discuss it, or you can take one and then discuss it :3

Question: If you have two characters but want to defect, can you have both characters defect at the same time to avoid death?

All of the characters are gonna start within their faction, in particular the battalion. So their backstories should lead up to that point.

You can just take one or discuss it, or you can take one and then discuss it :3

So we'll all start in a specific country, right? Is that the reason behind the random Battalion numbers? That's just the one we're in? (Cause the forces are scattered all over the continent)

Is it like.....any role we can come up with? Or did I somehow miss something in my frantic reading? :")

(Sorry I am a slow dude)

So we'll all start in a specific country, right? Is that the reason behind the random Battalion numbers? That's just the one we're in? (Cause the forces are scattered all over the continent)

Is it like.....any role we can come up with? Or did I somehow miss something in my frantic reading? :")

(Sorry I am a slow dude)
You're good dude XD Yep, that's just the Battalion the characters are in. Both are gonna be deployed to Patrium for Chapter 1.

Yep, any role you can come up with XD

Do class weaknesses still apply in this system? Fliers bow weakness and all that other stuff?

How would I show a ranged attack for a manakete? When I put it all in the number cruncher, it seems that it's using my manaketes attack. Would I use the magic that corresponds with the type of manakete instead of a dragonstone? I'm using weapon type: stone.

How would I show a ranged attack for a manakete? When I put it all in the number cruncher, it seems that it's using my manaketes attack. Would I use the magic that corresponds with the type of manakete instead of a dragonstone?
As I understand it they just use the attack stat either way.

Alright, I found the answer to my question. You use the corresponding magic when attacked from a range. So for my Ivory Manakete I'd use Light Magic instead of a dragonstone to show that they're using their magic breath and not attacking with their claws.

Say there are two allied characters, character A and B. They are standing on adjacent cells. There is also an enemy character, C, on character C's turn they pop the berserk status on character A. There is a one cell distance between character C and A. When characters AB turn starts, will character A immediately attack character B, or will character B be able to move first, resolving in character C being the closest target? I guess to simplify it I'm basically ask when does a berserk character pick a target when they are inflicted with the berserk status. At the very start of their teams turn or the end of it?

You are permitted to do Support Conversations before the main thread for Battles begins. From then on, you can do them at any time, but they cannot take place during a battle. You are not allowed to have Support Conversations between your own characters. Just think of it this way. If you make characters who are closely related, such as siblings, they will share their bond IC but their bond will not affect the actual Gameplay Mechanics. This is to prevent people from rapidly completing Support Conversations at an unfair rate and to prevent players from neglecting to play with other characters. The golden rule is to not RP with yourself. If you want to make siblings, I suggest you collaborate with another player to do so.

A quick question re: Supports. In the ^^quoted^^ text did you mean you are not permitted to do Support Conversations before the main thread begins? (Not to call you out on typos, just to make sure xD)
And I know the rules are slightly different for Supports in this RP, so I was wondering if TNW rules still applies, if you knew a character from before their introduction (ie: siblings, best friends, ect), can you do up to 1 Support with them before their battle? (Cause in TNW you can't Support till after their Intro Chapter)
Or since we're not really worrying about this kind of character introduction format so much here, is it more like, as soon as the first battle starts, you can Support with anyone at any time?

How would I show a ranged attack for a manakete? When I put it all in the number cruncher, it seems that it's using my manaketes attack. Would I use the magic that corresponds with the type of manakete instead of a dragonstone? I'm using weapon type: stone.
Yep, you would use the magic. In Dali's case, Light.

As I understand it they just use the attack stat either way.
Nope, it uses the magic stat.

Alright, I found the answer to my question. You use the corresponding magic when attacked from a range. So for my Ivory Manakete I'd use Light Magic instead of a dragonstone to show that they're using their magic breath and not attacking with their claws.
Exactly.

Say there are two allied characters, character A and B. They are standing on adjacent cells. There is also an enemy character, C, on character C's turn they pop the berserk status on character A. There is a one cell distance between character C and A. When characters AB turn starts, will character A immediately attack character B, or will character B be able to move first, resolving in character C being the closest target? I guess to simplify it I'm basically ask when does a berserk character pick a target when they are inflicted with the berserk status. At the very start of their teams turn or the end of it?
Great question. I'll edit Berserk so that Berserk characters attack whoever's closest to them at the beginning of their turn.

A quick question re: Supports. In the ^^quoted^^ text did you mean you are not permitted to do Support Conversations before the main thread begins? (Not to call you out on typos, just to make sure xD)
And I know the rules are slightly different for Supports in this RP, so I was wondering if TNW rules still applies, if you knew a character from before their introduction (ie: siblings, best friends, ect), can you do up to 1 Support with them before their battle? (Cause in TNW you can't Support till after their Intro Chapter)
Or since we're not really worrying about this kind of character introduction format so much here, is it more like, as soon as the first battle starts, you can Support with anyone at any time?
Nope, you guys can totally start doing Support Conversations as soon as your characters are approved.

S SirBlazeALot Does Tip the Scales work if the Commander is being Rescued?
If they used it before they were Rescued it will still take effect. But Rescued units can't attack or use skills while they're Rescued.

S SirBlazeALot Do Laguz inherently have night vision? i.e. not have to carry a torch to see fine in dark maps.
Nope, not unless the skill Eagle Eye is a part of their class description.

Piggybacking off that, is Chapter 1 gonna be in the dark? (As in limited visibility like the Whispering Woods)
Nope, it just looks a little dark to give Patrium an ominous feel. We're gonna baby step our way into this so there won't be a dark chapter for a while.

Seeing as how the lowest beaststone is Rank C, do beasts start out with Rank C stones or Rank D stones? If a stone rank was rank D, a unit logically couldn't use a Rank C Beaststone. S SirBlazeALot

Seeing as how the lowest beaststone is Rank C, do beasts start out with Rank C stones or Rank D stones? If a stone rank was rank D, a unit logically couldn't use a Rank C Beaststone. S SirBlazeALot
Yeah this was oversight on my part. When we start the battle I'm going to let all Laguz Players know to roll their stones with the D rank, and when we move up to C they'll go to C :3

Can we have more than one support conversation involving the same character at the same time? Is there a limit to how many supports one character can do before a battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back