• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Fire Emblem Divide: General Lore

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club
GENERAL LORE
Welcome to the General Lore section. Here, you can learn all the basic details about the world of Terrunum, such as races, religion, and technology. Races are particularly important to check out, but I recommend of course you give this whole thing a read.

Once you're done here, go on to the Settings & Locations thread.
Click here to return to the Table of Contents.

• Races
    In Terrunum, there are 5 playable races and 1 sub-race. The sub-race thing will make sense when we get to it, just hang tight amigo/amiga. These races are collectively referred to as "mankind" as they are all considered to possess the same level of intelligence and awareness. When you get to the Settings & Locations section, you're gonna notice that each of the Imperial Leaders is a different race. This is pure coincidence (I mean it's not, I did it on purpose but in character it's just a coincidence), each race can be found in each kingdom. No kingdom is "the kingdom of Elves" or "the kingdom of Manaketes" or anything like that. Everyone is everywhere.

Humans

Humans
    You know what these are, c'mon now. Bloody hell man, you’re one of these! Well... presumably. The majority of the Terrunan population is Human. Even Yuba, the kingdom with the highest population of Laguz still has many, many humans there. They’re like ants. Pathetic little asshole ants. Just kidding. Humans possess no inherent strengths or weaknesses, but they make up for their lack of natural talent by being able to fill many specialized roles.

Laguz

Laguz
    Humanoid creatures with some animalistic features and traits like ears, tails, or wings that have the power to transform into a "Primal Form" for combat purposes. It is important to remember that being a Laguz is both a class and a race. If you're a Laguz, you're fighting with a Stone and you're fighting exclusively in Primal Form. There are a fuckton of different types of Laguz, each of which counts as its own class. You can read more about the types of Laguz in the Transforming Branch of the Class Glossary.

Laguz and Manaketes are born with their stones. These stones are extremely difficult to break and last pretty much forever long after the Manakete or Laguz that was born with them dies. So sometimes stones are passed down in families, sold to make a quick buck, stolen or you know...whatever. Collected, I dunno. The point is, that's why there's a lot of them that can be bought in stores. Any Laguz and Manakete can use any stone even if it isn't their birthstone as long as it's appropriate for their species. For Laguz, that means Beaststones for Terrestrial Laguz and Avianstones for Aerial Laguz. The more a stone is used the more powerful it becomes.

Laguz are capable of enduring more physical stress than Humans. In ancient times, this made them ideal for slaves, but the practice of slavery was banished 10,000 years ago when the Empire was formed. However, Laguz will occasionally fall victim to poaching for the fur or teeth or what have you of their Primal Forms. This is extremely illegal and outlawed as one of the Empire's core rules, but it is still known to happen.

Laguz tend to have beef with other Laguz as opposed to the other races of mankind. Canine and feline Laguz in particular have a long history of not getting along, as do Rabbits and Raccoons.
    Laguz have a lifespan identical to that of a human’s. If a Laguz mates outside of their species, the offspring will just end up being one or the other. They are the 4th most common race of Terrunum. They come in many sizes with the smallest being the Cat Laguz, which is pretty much the size of a really big dog. The largest would be Bears and Wolfssegners, which are just a bit bigger than a regular bear. Here’s some examples of what they look like in case you’re confused andimagining something like this.

Wolf Human Form Vs. Wolf Primal Form

Hawk Human Vs. Hawk Primal Form

Manaketes

Manaketes
    Manaketes are similar to Laguz in a lot of ways, but they’re a whole different… animal. BA DUM PSH!! Ahem, for one, they're not nearly as physically durable in their human form like Laguz are. For two, instead of a Primal Form, they have a Dragon Form. They live far longer than Humans and Laguz, averaging about 1000 years before death. Manaketes are valued for their great wisdom, rarity, and contribution to the earliest known periods of history particularly in Dinne. They are the most uncommon race in Terrunum. After The First Cleansing, many Manaketes inexplicably became infertile specifically when mating with each other, and the population dropped drastically over the course of 10,000 years, making them the most uncommon race in Terrunum. Today, more Manaketes are present due to being the descendants of fertile Manaketes, and so the population is on a rise, however, they are still the least common race of Terrunum.

Laguz and Manaketes are born with their stones. These stones are extremely difficult to break and last pretty much forever long after the Manakete or Laguz that was born with them dies. So sometimes stones are passed down in families, sold to make a quick buck, stolen or you know...whatever. Collected, I dunno. The point is, that's why there's a lot of them that can be bought in stores. Any Laguz and Manakete can use any stone even if it isn't their birthstone as long as it's appropriate for their species. For Manaketes, this means they must use Dragonstones. The more a stone is used, the more powerful it becomes.

Manaketes in their human forms can vary in appearance. Some have horns, some don’t. Some have wings, some don’t. Some have tails, some don’t. Some have reptilian eyes or scales on their body, some don’t. The one common trait Manaketes share with each other is their pointed ears. Their scale coloration is dependent on whatever element they embody. This element also determines their species and, you guessed it, their class. Just like Laguz, being a Manakete is both a class and a race. Go ahead and go to the Transforming Branch of the Class Glossary to find out what types of Manaketes there are.

Much like Laguz, Manaketes are occasionally poached for their scales, and this too is a crime. However, Manakete scales are much more valuable than Laguz fur due to their magical resistance. So Manakete poaching happens more often, which is particularly disgusting when you consider how close they were at one point to extinction. Manaketes are completely immune to the element of magic they embody, so naturally when you make armor out of their scales… do the math.

Manaketes have the ability to attack an enemy up close physically, or from 1 cell away with their magic breath. When a Manakete is using their magic breath, you'll roll for Anima, Light, or Dark depending on the breed of Manakete, and their weapon rank will match that of their Stone's weapon rank.

In their Dragon Form, Manaketes aren’t like FUCKING huge. They’re only like… a little bigger than horses I suppose. In case you’re confused, lemme show you what a Manakete might look like.

Human Form and Dragon Form all in one picture.

Branded

Branded
    The Branded are what happens when a Laguz and a Human get it on. Or a Manakete and a Human. Basically, if a Human gets it on outside of their race, you get a Branded. Now what is a Branded, you ask? Well they look completely Human by all means (Half Human Half Elven or Manakete Branded tend to have pointed ears though)...except for their Brands. Brands are strange tribal tattoo like markings that appear on their skin. Brands are unique to each individual and they vary greatly in appearance. While some form actual shapes and pictures, others are more abstract. The number of brands a Branded has also varies between Branded. Some have just one marking that may be obscured by their clothing, others are fucking covered almost entirely by their brands, and everything in between.

Since Branded are the offspring of a Human and any other race of mankind, and Humans are the most common race, Branded have become the second most common race in Terrunum. Even if a Branded has Manakete blood, their lifespan is identical to a Human's lifespan.

Branded are pretty special so listen up. This may not make sense if you haven't read Gameplay Mechanics yet, but don't worry, I'll mention it when it's relevant again. Branded get a Non-Rolling Stat bonus and detriment. Branded can receive a raise of one level in either Attack or Defense, but you must also lower their Magic or Resistance by one level. Any combination is fine. Also, I’m putting a cap on these guys. Each player is allowed to make only one Branded.

Elves

Elves
    So we've all heard of Elves, they make toys for Santa and shit. In Terrunum, an Elf is the offspring of a Manakete and a Laguz. Their genetic heritage of being part animal part dragon has granted them a powerful connection to nature and magic. Elves have long pointy ears, and come in a pretty much all colors of the rainbow. Seriously, these guys tend to look fuckin’ weird. There are common skin tones and types, many of which developed over generations of Elves breeding with each other. There are Night Elves, Blood Elves, the list goes on and on. With so many species of Manakete and so many species of Laguz, Elves come out varied as fuck.

Elves aren't nearly as common as Branded or Laguz, but they're still more common than Manaketes. After The First Cleansing when Manaketes became infertile when breeding with each other, many Manaketes mated outside of their race. While Elves were present beforehand, they became more common, and when they became more common they were more capable of mating with each other and thus Elves rose in population over the course of 10,000 years. As mentioned Elves have a very special connection to magic, and many of them fancy themselves as the most intelligent race. However, they're much more fragile physically than the other races of mankind. They live about twice as long as Humans do.

Like Branded, Elves get some special shit with their Non-Rolling stats so listen up. It may not mean anything to you if you haven't read the Gameplay Mechanics yet but don't worry, I will bring it up again when it becomes relevant. Elven characters can get a raise of one level in either Magic or Resistance. However, They must have either their Attack or Defense lowered by one level. These guys also have a cap. Each player is only allowed to make one Elf.

Vampires

Vampires
    Okay here's that sub-race I mentioned earlier. So Vampires aren’t an actual “race” all on their own, because any race of mankind can become a vampire. Vampirism is considered to be a disease. It began to inflict mankind immediately after The First Cleansing, and no one's found a cure yet. Aside from an insatiable hunger for blood, the disease is said to warp one’s mind as well, but truthfully that’s all dependent on the person. Most Vampires merely consume animal blood, as it is easier to find while some (usually the crazies) insist on drinking the blood of mankind. Vampirism is genetic, one Vampire partner will result in Vampire offspring. A Vampire's bite can also turn another person into a Vampire if they get sucked on for long enough.

You can kill a Vampire in this realm the same way you would kill anyone else. You can stab them until they stop moving. Or you can magic them until they stop moving. It doesn't really matter, the point is, you don’t have to behead them or break out the garlic. Barring a gruesome death at the hands of another person, disease, falling from high places, being crushed by a boulder, etc. etc. a Vampire will live forever and technically their physical aging will cease.

However the longer they live, the more vampiric they start to look, and the more powerful they get, and it's more likely they'll go nuts because immortality is some shit. So basically, if you’re in your first century of eternity, you’ll look more or less like a normal bloke. However, a couple centuries deep and shit you’ll start looking like Nosferatu. Your skin will turn white, and at a certain point you’ll lose the ability to conceal your fangs. For Laguz and Manaketes, whenever they enter their bestial forms they’ll look… well a lot more monstrous and undead and shit. It also gets harder for you to go out into the sun, though all Vampires no matter how young find themselves irritated by sunlight. At a certain point, an old ass Vampire would straight up shrivel to ash the second they step outside.

Vampires have a special Basic Skill, make sure you list it in their skills but remember, Basic Skills don’t add to their Skill Loadout. They also get the UNDEAD Attribute, which kind of sucks for them. Each player is only allowed to make one Vampire. And yes, if this Vampire is an Elf or Branded, then that counts as both your one permitted Vampire and your one permitted Elf/Branded.
    • Consumption: Basic Skill. When a Vampire defeats an opponent, they can eat their ass and get a +15% EVA Boost for the remainder of the battle. It doesn’t stack, and this skill prevents the Vampire from moving on the next turn. Cause you know, they’re eating a guy.
    Breeding Table

Okay so, if you're anything at all like me, you probably value when someone does a thorough job. And well, it just wouldn't be very thorough of me if I didn't explain what happens when people start mixing races. So in an effort to be thorough, I used a race from the Tellius FE games (Branded), and a race I'm sure we're all familiar with, Elves (BECAUSE I FUCKING. LOVE. ELVES.) so that we know what happens when races start mixing and shit. I explained it all up there in the Race section, but if you ever forget you can look at this quick little table I made in Paint back when bbcode was dead. Enjoy.

bPFJAM_AK-JbBZdSUyc3iY-1y3uEMZeOaBjy3576bmKCRhVXOhVBKDuscdvhZg4xbYURUOU_IXAkqBsjdNv6iXKPG6Ca04CDxucGIDc4sTPVHByPL5Bk4wzmWxoAJwqXwTMv02ZH

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back