• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Fire Emblem Divide: Announcements

Who Dat Boi? Who Him Is?
Sup guys it's ya boi Blaze with a couple small realism changes so y'all don't have to justify bullshit in your posts because mechanics.

Units in Love who have a Passenger will be forced to drop off the Passenger on their turn. Because they don't need anyone else with them once they've found the only person (or Monster) that matters most to them in the world. Shit don't apply to the War Carriage because people dip from the War Carriage on their own while Passengers have to be let off by their riders.

And Blind units can't make critical hits because that would be stupid. How the fuck are you gonna make a super precise critical strike when your ass is blind? I'll be hardcoding that into the app when I update the whole shabang.

Thanks for your questions guys, it helps me create a more realistic experience for all of you guys to make the writing come easier so keep asking 'em.

Also, after #TruceGate I'll be elaborating on the mechanics behind truces in the update to include things like Support Conversations between people on opposite teams and shit like that.

For now if you guys go through with the truce you'll be able to heal each other, trade items to each other, and pair up with each other. You can receive buffs from each other and all area of effect de-buffs will only count towards purple guys. All that ends the second one of you betrays the other team but any effects you gained prior to that such as a buff will remain. Likewise, all the shit you've done to each other already will still carry over into the truce, such as Fynola's Screech on Nayu.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Katakon Katakon Misuteeku Misuteeku Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel theunderwolf theunderwolf KageYuuki KageYuuki Horror Horror Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge @BlueInPassing DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 Jellyon Jellyon CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield

Chloroform Recipe
Hey guys whaddup. This got brought up in Legion chat so I feel like I should give you guys fair warning :3

If you guys go through with this the gloves will be coming off with the monsters. Imma make y'all work for the victory yo because if I keep going like this it'll be all too easy. Don't worry I'm not gonna go too ham, but what I was doing was intended for two small competing armies, not one big fattie.

That's not to discourage you guys from doing the truce, in fact I love the idea :D It makes for a great practice round. But I still gotta give you guys a challenge. If you've been studying monster behavior you may want to share your thoughts with each other.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Katakon Katakon Misuteeku Misuteeku Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel theunderwolf theunderwolf KageYuuki KageYuuki Horror Horror Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge @BlueInPassing DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 Jellyon Jellyon CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield

Well, this is unfortunate. I hope nobody thought that teaming up would make this mission easier. Because it just got harder. Mwahaha

I AM THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST
Anyone else been binge watching Defenders? I'm done and very satisfied :3

Anyway, I wanna try a little experiment for this Chapter's battle since you guys are teaming up and shit anyway and breaking all the rules and shit. God damn renegades. Jk. So in order to make it easier for you guys to work together and to collaborate, I'm just gonna give you guys the whole week to post as one big team for as long as this truce lasts. So basically that means after this turn with Legion today, all of you guys have to make your posts before Saturday at 12pm and not a minute later. After that the monsters will move and then you'll have the whole week to do it again. In other words the monsters won't be moving twice throughout the week which is fair since I'm taking the gloves off and going ham with the monsters.

ALSO just a little blurb for all the new people that have signed up. I haven't approved your characters yet, because character approval just isn't a priority rn since we're already in the battle and shit. But if you guys have posted characters just wanted to let all y'all know you're free to do Supports if you already haven't and shit like that if you want while you're waiting :3 I'll get to looking over the new characters when I have some spare time and no posts to make myself in other RPs.

MAMA! RAISED A! SOLDIER!
Yo guys I said this over in the allied forces chat, but I know all of you aren't in that and I wanna make sure this reaches all of your earholes because it's muy importante amigos. So as always like if you've read it please :3

Lmfao Jesus guys not again. I mean it's a little better this week. But when you guys wait this long to post, you give each other less time to post before the deadline. And when you give each other less time to post before the deadline, you just end up posting your moves. And when you just end up posting your moves your characters don't have meaningful interactions with each other. And when your characters don't have meaningful interactions with each other you lose interest. And when you lose interest you wait until the last minute to post. It is a vicious RP killing cycle.

Look guys, if you've lost interest in the RP I completely understand and I have no problem just calling the RP a bust and shuttin' it down if that's what you guys want, or just holdin' it down for whoever wants to stay even if it's a small group. I'd rather not waste time working on it if its just become a chore for you guys. This should be fun. It could be fun. I've done all I can to make it fun. Now it's on you guys to make it fun by playing with each other.

You aren't here to play Fire Emblem, you're here to roleplay. That's first and foremost. If you just wanna post moves then go play fire emblem. It doesn't make sense to just post moves in the RP, let alone moves someone else told you to you make. That saps 100% of the fun guys. So here's what I'm gonna do I tell ya what. I ain't moving the monsters today. I'm not changing the turn today. I'm gonna give you pimps a whole other week to make your posts for our current Turn 7. So spend the time you would've spent doing last minute meaningless moves today by writing a post. A post that preferably involves your character interacting with someone else's. If you've already posted great. If you've already posted and the post just has moves in it, that ain't a post. Go back and edit some shit in or delete it and start again.

DO NOT sit around waiting for a plan, DO NOT sit around waiting for players who haven't checked in in a week. Move their characters if you have to. Those should be the only characters who just have moves posted for them this week. If you're posting, then make yourself and your characters an actual part of the roleplay and story, not just a number on the board.

You can all post right now, so post right now. Move your characters on your own. If you see someone asking what the plan is, tell them the plan is to move their characters on their own.Be there own man. Or woman. And everything in between. Help each other with the app if need be. If you come up with a small scale plan: great, go for it. Just don't wait around for one. I've said that hella times now XD

Tl ; Dr write a post this week stop tripping about plans and moves plox.

S SirBlazeALot ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Katakon Katakon Misuteeku Misuteeku Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel theunderwolf theunderwolf KageYuuki KageYuuki Horror Horror Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge @BlueInPassing DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 Jellyon Jellyon CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield

MAMA! RAISED A! SOLDIER!
Yo guys I said this over in the allied forces chat, but I know all of you aren't in that and I wanna make sure this reaches all of your earholes because it's muy importante amigos. So as always like if you've read it please :3

Lmfao Jesus guys not again. I mean it's a little better this week. But when you guys wait this long to post, you give each other less time to post before the deadline. And when you give each other less time to post before the deadline, you just end up posting your moves. And when you just end up posting your moves your characters don't have meaningful interactions with each other. And when your characters don't have meaningful interactions with each other you lose interest. And when you lose interest you wait until the last minute to post. It is a vicious RP killing cycle.

Look guys, if you've lost interest in the RP I completely understand and I have no problem just calling the RP a bust and shuttin' it down if that's what you guys want, or just holdin' it down for whoever wants to stay even if it's a small group. I'd rather not waste time working on it if its just become a chore for you guys. This should be fun. It could be fun. I've done all I can to make it fun. Now it's on you guys to make it fun by playing with each other.

You aren't here to play Fire Emblem, you're here to roleplay. That's first and foremost. If you just wanna post moves then go play fire emblem. It doesn't make sense to just post moves in the RP, let alone moves someone else told you to you make. That saps 100% of the fun guys. So here's what I'm gonna do I tell ya what. I ain't moving the monsters today. I'm not changing the turn today. I'm gonna give you pimps a whole other week to make your posts for our current Turn 7. So spend the time you would've spent doing last minute meaningless moves today by writing a post. A post that preferably involves your character interacting with someone else's. If you've already posted great. If you've already posted and the post just has moves in it, that ain't a post. Go back and edit some shit in or delete it and start again.

DO NOT sit around waiting for a plan, DO NOT sit around waiting for players who haven't checked in in a week. Move their characters if you have to. Those should be the only characters who just have moves posted for them this week. If you're posting, then make yourself and your characters an actual part of the roleplay and story, not just a number on the board.

You can all post right now, so post right now. Move your characters on your own. If you see someone asking what the plan is, tell them the plan is to move their characters on their own.Be there own man. Or woman. And everything in between. Help each other with the app if need be. If you come up with a small scale plan: great, go for it. Just don't wait around for one. I've said that hella times now XD

Tl ; Dr write a post this week stop tripping about plans and moves plox.

S SirBlazeALot ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Katakon Katakon Misuteeku Misuteeku Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel theunderwolf theunderwolf KageYuuki KageYuuki Horror Horror Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge @BlueInPassing DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 Jellyon Jellyon CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield

Bless

My more horrible procrastination habits have come through lately, it seems. Sorry lmao.

S SirBlazeALot

I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't lost interest in the RP. I have just been a bit lax lately.

You shouldn't shut down the RP, Blaze. Even if everyone in the RP quits, Fire Emblem Divide is the best Fire Emblem RP on this site. And the best RP I've been a part of in a long time. There will always be more RPers, so you should keep this RP active as long as you feel like it. Don't let everyone else dictate your actions.

Also, nobody has been waiting on Diggles anymore. But personally, I think we do need to work together to come up with battle plans. If everyone tries to move separately, we've already seen that people will end up being confused about what to do and not making a move at all. Some people might be ok with moving their characters independently, but the people who haven't been paying attention to everyone else will end up making moves that hinders the rest of the team. In the end, the battle thread could end up as a huge, jumbled mess. Either that, or they won't move their characters at all. Then the people who have been posting regularly will have the added weight of moving someone's inactive character on the map.

I think that the GM should be in control of the inactive characters. It makes the most sense. If we all work together to come up with moves like we should, then Blaze shouldn't have any problems knowing where to move each of the inactive characters.

Also, I think Blaze should start reading our posts. Blaze, you emphasized the importance of writing a post instead of just making a move. And I know that you're not a part of the story aspect of this RP, but it would make people's posts feel more important if they knew that their GM was reading them. Besides, how else are you going to be able to make sure people are being consistent with the lore, unless you read the posts?

S SirBlazeALot

I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't lost interest in the RP. I have just been a bit lax lately.

You shouldn't shut down the RP, Blaze. Even if everyone in the RP quits, Fire Emblem Divide is the best Fire Emblem RP on this site. And the best RP I've been a part of in a long time. There will always be more RPers, so you should keep this RP active as long as you feel like it. Don't let everyone else dictate your actions.
Well thank you! While I won't say it's the best, it's certainly the most ambitious in what it strives to do.
It's up to you motherfuckers whether this RP becomes the best, no amount of features or mechanics I can add will make the RP good.
In reality, that's all up to you guys: the players and the characters. I can give you the world baby, but I can't give you shit else ;)

I'm just the GM in this situation. I'm more of an AI than a person in this RP. I do my job and that is all. I have no stake in whether Divide dies or lives, the RP was created entirely for all of you to have fun. And if all of you aren't having fun, hypothetically speaking of course, then there's absolutely no reason for me to keep Divide around. And when that time comes, I will gladly splatter the RP's brains all over the ground :D But so long as an adequate number of people are on each team (meaning two) I will support this RP as hard as I support a tentacle monster's right to be involved in a relationship with a japanese schoolgirl.

Also, nobody has been waiting on Diggles anymore. But personally, I think we do need to work together to come up with battle plans. If everyone tries to move separately, we've already seen that people will end up being confused about what to do and not making a move at all. Some people might be ok with moving their characters independently, but the people who haven't been paying attention to everyone else will end up making moves that hinders the rest of the team. In the end, the battle thread could end up as a huge, jumbled mess. Either that, or they won't move their characters at all. Then the people who have been posting regularly will have the added weight of moving someone's inactive character on the map.
I'm glad you guys aren't waiting on Diggles anymore, that's fucking great news lmfao Because no one should have all that pressure on their shoulders. Especially someone new to the site.
I disagree however about all of you working together to make battle plans. Because little do you know, that's what Legion's been doing the whole time, and it hasn't worked well for them. One of the most interesting things I've noticed about this RP is how both teams developed a planning method that are night and day--yet they're both equally ineffective. You see, Legion has been working together on their plans from the get go. The drawback is hearing so many opinions at once means no one is heard at all. So it takes them longer to post, because there's too much information to process at once. And by the time they're all ready to post -- IF they're all ready to post -- it's Saturday and they have 12 hours. And in that time frame, they're forced to write less to make the deadline, and so the story suffers.

In Alliance it's the opposite. You guys relied on one person almost entirely, down to the point where Diggles did all the number crunching for you guys as well. And when she left you guys were left with your pants down, because no one else took the initiative.

We haven't seen anything yet in terms of people making calls for themselves. People on both sides were asking, "what's the plan, what's the plan?" the last two weeks and not having a plan was used as a scapegoat on both sides for not posting. That's why people didn't post at all. I agree, the added weight of moving someone else's character can be bothersome. But I guarantee it's far less bothersome than moving all of the monsters and keeping up with everything that happens to each character down in current battle, especially when a bunch of people only post a few hours before the deadline. That's something I still have to get used to, which is why...

I think that the GM should be in control of the inactive characters. It makes the most sense. If we all work together to come up with moves like we should, then Blaze shouldn't have any problems knowing where to move each of the inactive characters.
...This will never happen. If you guys can tell me where to move and what to do with your inactive units, then you're capable of leaving out the middle man and doing it yourself. If someone goes inactive during a battle, then you guys just have to take one for the team and move their bros. Keeping up with everything that happens in Current Battle is difficult enough. To ask me to do this in addition to controlling ALL of the monsters is asking too much yo :3 There is A LOT of tentacles out there. I would like to observe them. If you guys find a way to work together to come up with all the moves you wanna make during a turn, then you can come up with a way to distribute all of the inactive characters among each other. I'm about to give you guys more character slots next chapter. You guys should get used to controlling more characters anyway. If push comes to shove and Divide ends up being 4 people with two on each team, then you can bet ur booty there's gonna be a lot of characters for you guys to manage. I can't be relied upon for everything.

Also, I think Blaze should start reading our posts. Blaze, you emphasized the importance of writing a post instead of just making a move. And I know that you're not a part of the story aspect of this RP, but it would make people's posts feel more important if they knew that their GM was reading them. Besides, how else are you going to be able to make sure people are being consistent with the lore, unless you read the posts?
Me being GM should not make you guys feel any more important in regards to whether or not I read your posts. In fact, it should mean WAY LESS than a player reading your post. I'm talking the difference between a washington(me) and a ben frank(the rest of you). My thoughts on your posts have almost no value. You guys should feel like your posts are important because other players will read them. These are the people who actually have to respond to your posts. These are the people who have to be inspired by your posts to do so.

I make sure the Lore is consistent by approving of the Lore in your character sheets. Other than that, if you guys see something sketch I rely on you to let me know. Otherwise, I'm just going to assume you're all okay with whatever lore inaccuracy was made, and if you guys are okay with it, why shouldn't I be? I'm not the one playing. Y'all are! XD So I could give less of a fuck if someone fucks up the lore in a post. If all of you guys love it enough to not point it out or question it, then shit I love it too. So that too, is on y'all mammajammas. You see something sketch, you report it to me privately, I fix it. It's an easy system. If you don't, I assume you fuck with it hardcore.

Furthermore I guess I should have elaborated on my reading habits for this RP. I do eventually read posts. I don't do it right away. And I especially haven't been doing it right away with all of you posting at the last minute or not posting at all. Because when that shit happens, I'm much too busy getting Current Battle squared away to read posts. If I didn't read posts at all, I'd be completely unaware of the lack of character interaction going on prior to today. Which I clearly am not. So make no mistake. The blazed one watches. The blazed one sees all. The blazed one does not get left off bad and boujee.

psst Blaze ur still a great GM and i have lots of fun with this RP thank u for creating it and maintaining it ily

Who are they?
Sorry, for the international folk:
George Washington is the US president on the American 1$ bill.
Ben Frank is the (not a president but very influential guy) on the American 100$ bill.

If you're confused about the value of that, Ben is worth 100 times more than GDub and that's all ya really need to know XD

Sorry, for the international folk:
George Washington is the US president on the American 1$ bill.
Ben Frank is the (not a president but very influential guy) on the American 100$ bill.

If you're confused about the value of that, Ben is worth 100 times more than GDub and that's all ya really need to know XD

I was so nerdy I legit thought this was referencing their role in creating the country
Like, I was thinking hardcode about that metaphor for a soft minute

I have put the rp off for so long and I have no excuse for it. I really still want to be in this rp though.

I think what S SirBlazeALot meant is that we should not turn the rp into a plain Wargame, which it is, but remember is also an RP. Put some feeling on those post, not only say "I use the Sword and the results are...". Add passion, be your character, become a person inside this rp and pretend you are actually doing that attack, how do you do it? You know :bishiesparklesl:"IMAGINATION" :bishiesparklesr:.

Ay Guys
Whaddup y'all, nothing too dramatic to discuss this time. Just two things about Supports and Side Quests

Just wanted to remind you all to please lemme know when you finish your support conversations. Also, are my links up to date for the ongoing support conversations? If not please slide me them links. And remember to update them ranks and shit in your characters' profiles please and thank you.

As for Side Quests, if I were to come up with some Side Quest ideas for you guys, would you do them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back